Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Node posted:

I'm having issues with screen tearing in this game, and not any other. It runs at a perfect 120fps except for the sync issues.

i7-12700k
rtx 4080
64gb ram
Win10
4k gsync monitor

In the Nvidia control panel, under 3d application settings, global, turn vsync ON from here and set the max fps limit to your monitor refresh rate. In-game settings should have vsync OFF and fps limit on for the same number if you have the option. I was having gsync issues a while back and doing the global settings like this is what fixed it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
So it seems like the "crits and all subsequent damage for N seconds is absorbed and then explodes" gem, presumably because it absorbs the initial crit, prevents the rogue aspect that gives you free dark shroud charges from actually working. You can unequip the gem and watch it loving rain shroud charges, then equip the gem and you get zero no matter how much you attack.

This actually makes me wonder if because the damage is all getting absorbed it is interfering with other on-hit/on-crit skills, like uh siphoning strikes. Nerfed as it is it's still supposedly a 75% chance on lucky crits and, like, it should do SOMETHING in big packs but it doesn't really seem to do jack poo poo.

Unrelatedly, gaining a dark shroud charge no longer seems to trigger the decoy, at all which is super lame. I never actually used the "suppress incoming damage until you use a subterfuge skills, causing the suppressed damage to explode" before today but I was hoping it would...work the same way and I could just get it to trigger when I gained a shroud charge. But it also definitely doesn't work.

Weirdly I can't find any mention of this changing, or any hotfix or news.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
What's the highest level of malignant heart? Are they just level 1-4 based on world tier, or do they go higher than 4?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Any Necros running that vicious heart that increase your crit damage for crits but decrease regular damage? Any good?

Probably need a really high crit for it to be good yeah?

The Little Kielbasa posted:

What's the highest level of malignant heart? Are they just level 1-4 based on world tier, or do they go higher than 4?

I think it aligns with WT. Level 3 is sacred, 4 is ancestral. So yes, I think you're right.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
+1 to twisting blades for the first capstone, was very easy at lvl 45

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

i havent used my golem once

is it any good? good enough to use up a slot on my bar?

He's a big burly boy with a fun active ability which has a much lower cooldown than your ultimate.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I don't know a lot about streamers in general, but I feel like some of them definitely lean into the prevailing mood of the moment even if they have to be a little cynical and dishonest to do it. Warhammer 3 streamers flat out admitted to suppressing doubts about that game when they were given pre-release access to it because they didn't want to kill people's hype, and it's not hard to imagine other streamers suppressing positive things they have to say/exaggerating concerns about games when what fans want to click on is rage bait either. It's not that streamers are THE problem in creating rage cycles, but they can obviously be a big part of the feedback loop these days.

This isn't a new thing. As someone else said, TotalBiscuit galvanized huge swathes of angry nerds with scattershot criticisms - same with Stephanie Sterling, known as Jim Sterling pre transition, who even had this weird quasi-facistic aesthetic stood at a podium wearing a black trenchcoat and gloves. Both of them were (and Sterling still is, often,) guilty of getting way too angry about things that merit a more demure criticism that probably wouldn't do the same kind of numbers - as well as conflating people who make games with a living with people who make business decisions about games for a living, while ignoring the huge grey area where business pragmatism is required to even get a game out the door for most studios. Like, 90% of the time, the game didn't come out before it was ready because the company hates Gamers and doesn't respect the Consumer, it came out early because it was the only way to make payroll for their staff.

Also on the streamer hype front, the whole streamer hype cycle was one of the reasons that Artifact, Valve's answer to Hearthstone, collapsed entirely. Marketing AND testing was done via a handpicked group of career Dota streamers, in a way that helped nobody.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

The Little Kielbasa posted:

They can go to at least 5, and if 5 isn't the cap, it's 8 or 10

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Tonetta posted:

They can go to at least 5, and if 5 isn't the cap, it's 8 or 10

Interesting, so can the ones you find in WT2 drop at higher level than 2? I haven't seen that yet but I'm only 52

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

fknlo posted:

What builds were the rogues in the low 40's using to beat the wt3 capstone? My generic flurry build had zero issues getting to the final boss but I just didn't have the damage and survivability to handle him and the adds. It was mainly the archers and corpse bows getting me but I just couldn't keep up. I'm well past that now, just curious.

boss was easier than the rest of the dungeon as TB, probably level 42 or something

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Twisting blades seems to be the way for that one I guess.

Sigil crafting is supposed to unlock after you run a nightmare dungeon right? I've run several and it hasn't yet.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Grumbles posted:

He's a big burly boy with a fun active ability which has a much lower cooldown than your ultimate.

This isn't a new thing. As someone else said, TotalBiscuit galvanized huge swathes of angry nerds with scattershot criticisms - same with Stephanie Sterling, known as Jim Sterling pre transition, who even had this weird quasi-facistic aesthetic stood at a podium wearing a black trenchcoat and gloves. Both of them were (and Sterling still is, often,) guilty of getting way too angry about things that merit a more demure criticism that probably wouldn't do the same kind of numbers - as well as conflating people who make games with a living with people who make business decisions about games for a living, while ignoring the huge grey area where business pragmatism is required to even get a game out the door for most studios. Like, 90% of the time, the game didn't come out before it was ready because the company hates Gamers and doesn't respect the Consumer, it came out early because it was the only way to make payroll for their staff.

Also on the streamer hype front, the whole streamer hype cycle was one of the reasons that Artifact, Valve's answer to Hearthstone, collapsed entirely. Marketing AND testing was done via a handpicked group of career Dota streamers, in a way that helped nobody.

Gamers are basically like old white people going to retail stores thinking all the wage slave employees are trying to scam them out of money, the vast majority of the devs give zero shits about extracting money out of people in lovely ways, they're just trying to do their jobs as dictated while putting in as much of their own creativity as they're able to in such a restrictive system.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

fknlo posted:

Sigil crafting is supposed to unlock after you run a nightmare dungeon right? I've run several and it hasn't yet.

Only after you finish a tier 3 dungeon

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

fknlo posted:

that was what prompted my whine about nightmare dungeons (along with lovely tier 1 sigils taking up space in my consumables inventory). google said finishing a level 3 NMD was the flag that unlocks it which is just stupid

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

fknlo posted:

It unlocks when you find a tier3 sigil. Which is up to fate. If you have any buddies they can hand you one if they got one though.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
At 52 my bear pulverize druid feels really great. I must have passes some treshold with the damage buckets or whatever because suddenly I am just destroying everything really fast in tier 3 and it feels so good. This is what I had hoped barbarian would feel like. I am just a melee bulldozer bullying everything and there are rocks and explosions everywhere

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Thorns barb is a neat gimmick but it suffers from the same problem as every other barb build in that you have to use all the shouts which take up all your slots and the default shout cooldown is at least 5s too long

Like seriously, just decrease the cooldowns of the shouts. It is tedious to wait for them and there's no reason not to that isn't bullshit. They don't do damage like in d2

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Shouts are boring as hell imo.

Wrap them into the weapon arsenal system and we'll talk.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the wt4 dungeon is now noticeably weaker than wt4 because they raised the enemy level to 75. its actually quite hard for me to clear out elite packs while i didnt even move while fighting elias with a 65 rogue. im curious if other people will have a similar experience or if my damage is just on the low side, didn't spend much time optimizing my gear on wt3.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The barb build I took to 85 preseason didn't use a single shout which in hindsight is funny as hell. Optimal? Probably not, but fun to play.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

like you should be able to have 100% shout uptime with the skill tree alone. Call barb a support class, whatever

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I don't see the functional difference between Necro curses and shouts, except curses are easy to use. poo poo, iron maiden is even a resource generator.

I guess war cry grants more damage.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kaddish posted:

Only after you finish a tier 3 dungeon

Ah, that explains it. Nothing but t2 sigils for me so far.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i had such appalling luck in the preseason that as soon as I completed the first capstone I just asked a mate to take me through a NM10 and I picked up a level 6 sigil so I didn't have to repeat the process of picking up 50 level 1 sigils

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

External Organs posted:

I don't see the functional difference between Necro curses and shouts, except curses are easy to use. poo poo, iron maiden is even a resource generator.

I guess war cry grants more damage.

seems like they are painting themselves into a corner for when the paladin inevitably comes out with auras which are going to be shouts but better

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

seems like they are painting themselves into a corner for when the paladin inevitably comes out with auras which are going to be shouts but better

That's got to be their class mechanic imo.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

You could also build systems around shouts as-is using aspects or uniques to just give them a lot more functions, triggers, or whatever. That's probably the play.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

fknlo posted:

I thought maybe they had fixed that because my first T1 dungeon I got a T5 sigil. In pre season I had to do 5 of them and I know I was on the better side. I guess I was just lucky

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

External Organs posted:

You could also build systems around shouts as-is using aspects or uniques to just give them a lot more functions, triggers, or whatever. That's probably the play.

They should have made shouts like auras and reworked their efficacy or something because spamming that poo poo is boring asf.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

External Organs posted:

maybe a passive that reduces cooldown and increases effect if you only have one shout on the bar

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SettingSun posted:

The barb build I took to 85 preseason didn't use a single shout which in hindsight is funny as hell. Optimal? Probably not, but fun to play.
Same here. I only used the one that grants Unstoppable and got to 87 just fine.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
In wt3 I've started getting new hearts and imo the sorc ones are just so dumb and/or boring. I got one that switches effects ever 20 kills (ias, barrier, and something else) and another that increases crit damage but lowers crit chance and how the hell do i even evaluate those? gimme one that shoots more meteors please.

also, yeah+ to that streamer chat, has an seriously negative effect on mp games which I barely play anymore. Playing sorc through s1 it's absolutely stunning how overblown the reaction to that patch was, like i'm not just using words here, it's unbelievable, i'm stunned and a little afraid

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

fknlo posted:

I'm grinding wt3 nightmare dungeons right now, so anyone stuck without sigil crafting just add me and we can run one together. Tarnop#1652

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Gamers are basically like old white people going to retail stores thinking all the wage slave employees are trying to scam them out of money, the vast majority of the devs give zero shits about extracting money out of people in lovely ways, they're just trying to do their jobs as dictated while putting in as much of their own creativity as they're able to in such a restrictive system.

I don't think monetization is the only reason why Blizz games have been bad since wc3.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Same here. I only used the one that grants Unstoppable and got to 87 just fine.

need berserking from war cry to get thorns damage from one of the aspects, could use the chain pull attack + double swing to maintain berserking instead

could use iron skin + the aspect to get unstoppable instead of using rally

that leaves just challenging shout which is 100% required for thorns

my idea of a passive increasing effectiveness and reducing cooldown with just one shout on the bar would be so good, I'm a genius

That way you can focus on damage, recovery, or taunt/niche shout for thorns build

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 24, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Big Red Shirt is an awesome cosmetic set

The paid one is a little too Noisy for me tbqh

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Speculatory information, but I'm pretty sure that the sigil are weighted against character level & won't drop higher than your At Level tier until well into nightmare dungeons.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

The Grumbles posted:

Doomykins posted:

Every time I see a large lad in town he looks really cool, take him for a spin.

Been trying him out and he is indeed very cool and good. Really helps that the golem active is on such a low CD

definitely going to keep him around. was worth it to swap out army of the dead for him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

hawowanlawow posted:

need berserking from war cry to get thorns damage from one of the aspects, could use the chain pull attack + double swing to maintain berserking instead

could use iron skin + the aspect to get unstoppable instead of using rally

that leaves just challenging shout which is 100% required for thorns

my idea of a passive increasing effectiveness and reducing cooldown with just one shout on the bar would be so good, I'm a genius

That way you can focus on damage, recovery, or taunt/niche shout for thorns build
I never ran a dedicated Thorns build so I cant really comment on that, I was just commenting because I think the common perception that Barbs NEED to have ALL THREE shouts on their action bar to simply play the game is wrong and bad.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that no matter how many Shout skills you have, you should only ever have one button taken up on your action bar.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kaddish posted:

Any Necros running that vicious heart that increase your crit damage for crits but decrease regular damage? Any good?

Probably need a really high crit for it to be good yeah?

I think it aligns with WT. Level 3 is sacred, 4 is ancestral. So yes, I think you're right.

It seems you can get to 100% crit with bone spear with the tendrils buff, bone prison buff (20%) and gear / paragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
i had 4 shouts, wrath and ww on my bar late game