Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/RpsAgainstTrump/status/1683244776743641089?t=BZSBDjscrG7r1IbIOFJHXA&s=19

Media trucks outside the courthouse may be a nothing burger.

The unhinged rants of someone who, if offered, would eat a nothing burger, however...

e-
https://twitter.com/richsignorelli/status/1683255013869510656

:munch:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

So not to interrupt movie and musk chat but did it get posted yet that DeSantis had a campaign video ending with an image of him fading to be replaced by a sonnenrad superimposed on the Florida flag and marching soldiers?

https://twitter.com/ltthompso/status/1683126430534598656

:stare: An electorate that falls for horse dewormer is not ready for such pure, uncut chan insanity like this.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I know the real answer is because he's unfathomably stupid but why would you want to kill an established and readily recognizable brand and replace it with something that's confusing and far more abstract which also has a lot of you know real life uses. The app formerly known as twitter is almost certainly gonna keep bleeding advertisers and users both and be kept animate solely by the most hardcore addicts, which probably doesn't bode well for its future. Oh well, who cares, Elon has finally become funny and I'm finally invested

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Milo and POTUS posted:

I know the real answer is because he's unfathomably stupid but why would you want to kill an established and readily recognizable brand and replace it with something that's confusing and far more abstract which also has a lot of you know real life uses. The app formerly known as twitter is almost certainly gonna keep bleeding advertisers and users both and be kept animate solely by the most hardcore addicts, which probably doesn't bode well for its future. Oh well, who cares, Elon has finally become funny and I'm finally invested

https://www.disconnect.blog/p/elon-musk-wants-to-relive-his-start got at least one thing right: the lesson that the fucker took away from working in banking and then paypal was that established business practice is fundamentally stupid and can easily be disrupted by upstarts that break the rules. his subsequent investments' success have reinforced this.

he seems to have missed that these were all predicated on going all in on some new technological advantage, which twitter had when it started, but absolutely does not have now. but hey, hubris vov

comparatively, @jack did learn the disruptive new tech lesson and is now trying to go ham on cryptographic validity of authorship, missing an entirely different set of lessons!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

He Irresponsible Captain Tyler'd* himself into being CEO of two groundbreaking and incredibly successful companies, in one case by attracting a bunch of rocket geniuses and handing them infinite money, in the other by buying a controlling stake in a well managed startup.

That makes him forget that he, personally, dumb as gently caress, and knows exactly dick about poo poo. Every time he talks about something technical, people that know something tear it to bits. It's a well known fact that people who work for him distract him with bright shiny projects while they continue to make the existing ones successful.

But he's gaslit himself into thinking that he's a super genius special boy, and anything he touches will turn to gold.

*apparent moron becomes wildly successful, whether by a deep seated competency or by sheer luck, is wildly successful, the answer vis-a-vis competency, is left up to the viewer.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

They should run for Boston city council.

Edit: context: https://www.universalhub.com/2023/councilor-has-charges-added-jamaica-plain-crash

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jul 24, 2023

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Rhode Island sees you and raises.

https://crooksandliars.com/2023/06/crack-smoking-ni-republican-arrested-child

quote:

Cranston City Councilman Matthew Reilly resigned in May as chairman of the city's Republican party after he was arrested for crack and cocaine, which he had been smoking in his car. Reilly was passed out in his car with a crack pipe at the time when the police approached his vehicle.

Authorities held the 41-year-old Republican without bail on Thursday after he was charged with multiple counts of child molestation.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Didn't the South Dakota Attorney General do some drunken vehicular manslaughter

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Basticle posted:

Sure did! Dudes glasses wound up in the AGs car.

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/22/1106671572/south-dakota-attorney-general-ravnsborg-boever-pedestrian-impeach

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They should have done a capone thing and nailed him for theft

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Basticle posted:

He was reading a joe biden conspiracy email on his phone when he hit him.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Mr. Nice! posted:

Is this for real? I can't tell anymore.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

You have to tag if you are kidding or not, because Goddamit you know these things!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Discussion Quorum posted:

Is this for real? I can't tell anymore.

I seem to recall they told investigators theh thought they hit a deer while the victim’s glasses were sitting on the passenger seat in plain view

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I am being 100% sincere. The entire interrogation video is on youtube. They got his cell data and he admitted he was reading an email about a joe biden conspiracy theory when he hit the guy. He claimed that there was no way he could have seen him when the dude was walking with a flashlight in his hand. He said he thought it was a deer and that the body slid off the hood of his car and down the ditch. That was a lie that the police called him on because the dead man's glasses were in his floorboard. He was driving after drinking and was reading email on his phone, killed a guy, pulled his body off of his car and threw it in a ditch, called the sheriff, and took the sheriff's car home. They didn't "find" the body for more than a day.

He was given a slap on the wrist.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I am being 100% sincere. The entire interrogation video is on youtube. They got his cell data and he admitted he was reading an email about a joe biden conspiracy theory when he hit the guy. He claimed that there was no way he could have seen him when the dude was walking with a flashlight in his hand. He said he thought it was a deer and that the body slid off the hood of his car and down the ditch. That was a lie that the police called him on because the dead man's glasses were in his floorboard. He was driving after drinking and was reading email on his phone, killed a guy, pulled his body off of his car and threw it in a ditch, called the sheriff, and took the sheriff's car home. They didn't "find" the body for more than a day.

I didn’t know about the sheriff’s car bit.

FFS

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Every time i hear more about this, it gets worse

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Israel passed their "reasonableness" law stripping their supreme court of judicial review powers that could check the far right government. Bibi is promising to reopen negotiations with the proposition while the far right ministers are promising this is just the start of implementing their agenda. Protestors are out in full force blocking roads and clashing with police.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Killing someone with your car is basically legal in the US. Just keep a mangled bike in the trunk to throw on the body for added effect and even if you catch charges you'll probably walk.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

hobbesmaster posted:

I seem to recall they told investigators theh thought they hit a deer while the victim’s glasses were sitting on the passenger seat in plain view

Yeah, I remembered this much, but the email was news to me. Jesus.

Although here in Texas our Lieutenant Governor would probably call the dead guy a crisis actor and give the driver a medal for staying focused on important affairs of state (Hunter Biden's dong)

e: our AG is also under indictment for multiple felonies and was fully protected until he asked the legislature to pay some hush money on his behalf, so more samesies

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth
The Chinese Foreign minister and former Ambassador to the US, Qin Gang, appears to have evaporated. He hasn't been seen in public for almost a month and has had all his meetings cancelled, with the Foreign Ministry providing some vague health concerns as the reason.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-66125055

Speculation appears to be centering on some kind of affair or personal indescretion, but that doesn't seem to be a likely reason for somebody quite as high-profile as he is to disappear. Pure speculation on my part, but my read of Qin Gang is that he's more interested in constructive engagement with other countries than the Wang Yi style of pure pressure. If that's actually true, then this could be Wang Yi reasserting more control over the Foreign Ministry which would in turn be a bad signal for the nascent discussions between US and China.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Mr. Nice! posted:

Holy cow, wonder if the state law enforcement was mad at him & wanted him out. Kinda related, when the Gonzaga basketball coach got caught for DUI it was across state lines in Idaho. Wondering how many times previously he got pulled over in Spokane & was allowed to call his wife to pick him up. Like how decades previously the president of Gonzaga was allowed to leave town rather than be investigated for what he’d been doing to teens.

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 24, 2023

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Notahippie posted:

Speculation appears to be centering on some kind of affair or personal indescretion, but that doesn't seem to be a likely reason for somebody quite as high-profile as he is to disappear. Pure speculation on my part, but my read of Qin Gang is that he's more interested in constructive engagement with other countries than the Wang Yi style of pure pressure. If that's actually true, then this could be Wang Yi reasserting more control over the Foreign Ministry which would in turn be a bad signal for the nascent discussions between US and China.

If the rumors are true it’s not just “an affair”, it’s an affair with a TV reporter who then had his child as an anchor baby in the US while traveling back and forth solo in a private jet and staying in a lux mansion in California, neither of which would seem affordable on a (non-corrupt) state minister’s salary.

The optics of China’s foreign minister having an illegitimate US citizen child seems like it would be enough by itself to sink him, let alone the potential security/leverage implications in a paranoid state like Xi’s China.

E: also she apparently traveled to give birth in the spring of 2022, which (again, if true) raises the interesting question of whether US intelligence has already known about all of this for the past year and a half

Porfiriato fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jul 24, 2023

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Elviscat posted:

Irresponsible Captain Tyler

I deeply appreciate this reference.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
THE Ohio State University: during the week of The Game, every single M gets crossed out because gently caress Michigan (also we always miss at least one M)

Elon: every x needs to be X now

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1683541303680987136?t=IbDphDE_GYNhUCo3DLlyag&s=19

quote:

The tech billionaire, who bought Twitter last year, renamed the social platform X.com on its website and started replacing the bird logo with a stylized version of the 24th letter of the Latin alphabet. Inside Twitter’s headquarters in San Francisco, X logos were projected in the cafeteria, while conference rooms were renamed to words with X in them, including “eXposure,” “eXult” and “s3Xy,” according to photos seen by The New York Times.
-----
Tesla, Mr. Musk’s electric automaker, also has a sport-utility vehicle called the Model X. One of Mr. Musk’s sons, X Æ A-12 Musk, is often called “X” for short. The holding companies created to close the acquisition of Twitter were named X Holdings. Mr. Musk also leads an artificial intelligence company called xAI.

“I like the letter X,” he posted on Sunday.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 24, 2023

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Lmao what a loving tool

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

"I like the letter X" yeah, no poo poo. What a dweeb.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The dumbest motherfucker alive, truly

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

"Let me dumpster over a decade of brand recognition because, like Marge Simpson, I just think x is neat"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/FlyFrontier/status/1683520573790629888?t=d1-kAOfUfY4o45yzr0tvwA&s=19

Holy poo poo. :golfclap:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

Okay that one had me cackling for minutes.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

facialimpediment posted:

THE Ohio State University: during the week of The Game, every single M gets crossed out because gently caress Michigan (also we always miss at least one M)

Elon: every x needs to be X now

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1683541303680987136?t=IbDphDE_GYNhUCo3DLlyag&s=19

Lol wonder if they considered having Degeneration X fly in for the reveal. I mean why not at this point.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/harryjsisson/status/1683547865484763139

CNN has this on TV, too, I'm just having trouble finding it on Twitter.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CBJSprague24 posted:

CNN has this on TV, too, I'm just having trouble finding it on Twitter.

It's legit per NBC news, but overblown by XInfluencer

Edit: here's the court order

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1683534483478200325?t=kf23FnjW0kRa-plazd62Bg&s=19

https://twitter.com/PaulaReidCNN/status/1683545134099562496?t=0DUzxSsw-InAWvZzjwbaLg&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 24, 2023

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Arrath posted:

"I like the letter X" yeah, no poo poo. What a dweeb.

"Musk has been a fan of X, putting on everything from cars and companies to wives and children"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Shady sourcing on this one, so I'm going with two different accounts with multiple picture angles.

https://twitter.com/waynesutton/status/1683563753898668032?t=m1H28kx4wsKjPvjZXRxUiw&s=19

Getty images:

https://twitter.com/sullyfoto/status/1683564737186103300?t=_PtzmnFq-pt91rEJHrd48g&s=19

Elon can't even remove Twitter right.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
I can't wait for the Seth Rogan produced disaster-comedy about the Twitter purchase and inevitable demise.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Did he finally pay the rent on the building?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bunch of stupid poo poo on a website full of losers