Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

The sole thing entertaining me is hearing TIME TO TWIRL over and over

it made me want to level and gear up Herta so I can do the dream team of Herta and Qinque but I have Pela and recently rolled welt to work on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Tree Reformat posted:

having attempted scene 2 too many times, i am now perfectly fine skipping blade as i am thoroughly sick to death of his ult lines

i only did it twice and i'm sick of his poo poo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ok chapter 2 is way better probably because Xiyan or whatever his fuckin name is isnt here

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Like if it had just been the bird minigame being slightly harder with the jokes inbetween each time that would have been more acceptable to me, and maybe i would have read most of it!

Although i did like intentionally loving up making the sword in the end by just sticking the hilt in the flower 3 times and everything still works out fine :v:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I got the bit of the event quickly and, having already been through this song and dance with the Genshin LN writing, skipped this event so hard I kept accidentally hitting the "Leave for now" options and forging the final weapon out of like 3 bars of metal. At the very least I made sure Cold Dragon Young made it into the story. The battle part was not as fun to me as Stellar Flare or w/e the previous one was. This felt much more wrapped around the specific supports they give you, which is nice for making the clears easy, but ends up kind of boring and making me feel bad about my roster/the current options in this game.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

redeem code I found on a YT video, I hadn't redeemed yet so maybe others need it :

BTN5EL69P6K3

50 jades, 10k credits

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

i think everyone can redeem it

also i think STARRAILGIFT is an active one atm as well, gives 50gems and some exp.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Breaking news: Seele is pretty good! Even at E0 with a S5 Cruising in the Stellar Sea. (Okay I know this isn't a surprise to anyone who's been paying attention but still she keeps surpassing my expectations)

Seeing those kind of huge numbers outside simulated universe gives me the good brain chemicals. :kiddo:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I liked the new song more than the Cocolia fight one, though I feel like the story did a kind of subpar job of explaining Dan Heng's whole situation. I could (more or less) piece it together from what we were shown, but it was basically a sudden bunch of exposition via "ghost dialogue." Same with the final antagonist not having enough lead-up.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
When I got to making the final weapon part of the event I just went yeah I ain't reading that poo poo and made Daikatana

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

FF14 has trained me to talk to all of the story NPCs after every scene; if you do that, then the villain has a lot more buildup and foreshadowing. It's really strange that they made it completely optional/missable though. Overall reading impressions here and elsewhere made me worried the story was going to suck, and I thought it was pretty decent. The power of lowered expectations! It does have that "rushed feeling" that Genshin Inazuma had, though. And it was really long wait for a few scenes of plot. Hopefully they can handle pacing better next time. I like the basic premise of the world/story in this game and it would be a shame for it to end up squandered.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i just blame people bitching about the dan shu quests probably forcing them to do some rewrites to make them optional

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

If they didn't leave the Dan Shu quests as the original cliffhanger for the story they woulden't have been so poorly recieved i think.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

meanwhile here i am taking an extra like 45 minutes to complete the story quest cause i had to investigate every single vidyadhara egg

they put that text in there and by god am i going to read it

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

my team setup for the last 3 MoC before next cycle

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The Shame Boy posted:

If they didn't leave the Dan Shu quests as the original cliffhanger for the story they woulden't have been so poorly recieved i think.
Yeah, I think a lot of people's complaints about the story would have been fixed if the initial luofu content immediately ended at the deer, and then they added a little chunk of content in 1.1 or something with Dan Shu ending in fighting her and the Ravager reveal, and then a (somewhat more stretched out) version of what happens after

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I'm not entirely sure. The Dan Shu stuff feels superfluous because a. there's no reaction to actually killing her, she's just gone and b. going that indepth to it, made me feel that they were trying to make the conflict have more shades of grey, that the Abundance people might have a point and that we'd see the negative side of the Hunt followers. That isn't entirely absent it's just in Yukong's story quest instead. They could've even still worked in the destruction angle have Phantalyia working entirely from the shadows and have her surprise everyone at the 11th hour, maybe after we'd gotten to spend an uneasy time with Dan Shu again or something. Hell Dan Shu could've even still been killed but her death could've meant something.

As well, for people who popped the pill, was there any dialogue relating to that at all?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Not that I saw anywhere, and I think I did most of the talk to anyone I could options.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Yay, got a little bit farther in MoC this time around, using the extremely advanced strategy of not actually trying to improve my dps units in any way, and just spending the time leveling up the goobers that keep dying + their light cones. But for some reason instead of making me more interested in pushing forward more I just kinda don't care at all anymore? Think I'm gonna drop my plan of using my guarantee for Fu Xuan (I have no 5 star sustains so she's "optimal") and just pick up one of these three dps units that have banners before hers. Then I might get her on 50/50, or maybe Lynx is enough to let the mono-quantum team brute force everything, or maybe I'll just auto battle MoC and accept whatever rewards I get, who knows.

But non of these three seem thaaat interesting from a gameplay perspective, really? I guess mister imagine dragons doesn't actively kill himself, and also doesn't require raising a whole new squad of hangers-on like Kafka will. Kinda boring, tho? Ehhh...

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Lost the 50/50 for blade and got my first Himeko. I think I'll still pull for Blade because my only good DPS right now is Dan.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Oh my god. There's an upcoming character in the leaks subreddit who has a pet.

It's a warp trotter.

With a bow on its back.

Oh no.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yeah, that's Topaz (the character, not the warp trotter). She's basically Fire Hunt Jing Yuan, except she can actually make her pet attack on demand instead of it only acting on its own time schedule. The Trend of the Universal Market light cone shows her face, though it's not "hers" since it's Preservation and she's Hunt. If the leaks are right, she'll be in 1.4 along with Jingliu the Ice Destruction lady who's a trial character in Yanqing's personal mission.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This new MoC is great for Arlan. I still brought Serval. :D

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

They replaced the deer with Yanqing, meaning he gets owned again, lmao

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I want the girl that beat him up

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

One of my friends has an E6 Blade who one-shotted phase 2 Phantylia.

So, that's humbling.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'd hope a $1000 character is that powerful

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Yeah, no reason to feel humble. Maybe feel humble about your friend being wealthy enough to do that.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Turns out A) not letting enemies have turns between Freeze and Entanglement and B) doing roughly a squintillion damage due to 0 defense makes healers optional. :iia:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Harlock posted:

I'd hope a $1000 character is that powerful

$1400ish, source: watched several streamers pull for Blade E6 while crying over the cost. Two mentioned it was around that.

Maybe its just more videos like that showing up in my feed but I don't remember seeing anyone going for E6 Swolf, and the only one I saw go for E6 JY was his voice actor.

I'm curious if Kafka will be more popular than Blade.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Been informed that both of the 5 star lads want Luocha pretty bad. Puts a bit of a damper on things :(

Well, story mode and sim universe don't need 2 healers, at least ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

bagrada posted:

$1400ish, source: watched several streamers pull for Blade E6 while crying over the cost. Two mentioned it was around that.

Maybe its just more videos like that showing up in my feed but I don't remember seeing anyone going for E6 Swolf, and the only one I saw go for E6 JY was his voice actor.

I'm curious if Kafka will be more popular than Blade.

Am I the only one who can't stand Kafka's EN voice? I've heard women who have the same vocal fry as her and it makes me think she's gonna start a podcast. (Long story)

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

big cummers ONLY posted:

Yeah, no reason to feel humble. Maybe feel humble about your friend being wealthy enough to do that.

"Get rich, scrub" was not the response I expected from here.

Violet_Sky posted:

Am I the only one who can't stand Kafka's EN voice? I've heard women who have the same vocal fry as her and it makes me think she's gonna start a podcast. (Long story)

I mean, I'm sure you're not alone, but for many folks it comes off as sultry and unbothered.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Sometimes I feel like Kafka's VA is trying a little too hard to put on the sultry, I guess.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Mile'ionaha posted:

"Get rich, scrub" was not the response I expected from here.

I don't think you read that post correctly, or this entire thread's attitude towards spending thousands on gachas, if that's what you're taking away from it

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I think I'm more turned off by bad content creators calling Kafka a "mommy dommy" more than I am by Kafka herself. It's gross.

Batui
Mar 13, 2005

Well, she did pretty much give life to the MC, and she uses a skill called Dominate when you fight her...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kafka mostly comes across stoned to me

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It's still gross when it's some dude calling her mommy with his tongue hanging out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Walla posted:

I think I'm more turned off by bad content creators calling Kafka a "mommy dommy" more than I am by Kafka herself. It's gross.
Back in my day, we just called that archetype a "femme fatale".