Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Theres only one of three ways to settle the Charlotte Question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Today I learned that picking up someone who has gone fully dead weight and is not cooperating at all and is in fact slapping my shoulder repeatedly to indicate "HEY I DON'T WANNA DO THIS." and then driving them through a table on the back of their head is protecting them. I am very intelligent.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
The Queen of Strong Style Charlotte Flair kicks rear end. I am also a Low Ki fan.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Today I learned that picking up someone who has gone fully dead weight and is not cooperating at all and is in fact slapping my shoulder repeatedly to indicate "HEY I DON'T WANNA DO THIS." and then driving them through a table on the back of their head is protecting them. I am very intelligent.

The ref right next to them and ringside doc popping for the powerbomb really helped sell it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

We should have known something was up when Charlotte posted those pics of Mike Levy and Mass Transit on her Instagram before the ladder match :(

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
It was cool when Brock was shoot punching Braun in his stupid head

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The way this company makes even the people who merely talk about it insane on a long enough timeline is impressive and should be studied with just as much intensity as studying how much things needed to go perfectly right for a Barbie film to be both the smartest, and the most immediately (if not most in general) financially successful, film release of the year

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
That Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday poo poo where fans shoot voted on matches was so wild. They should bring that back.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Charlotte is a strong and mean lady, you gently caress around you find out. It ain’t ballet.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

Taking anything to PMs is unhinged weirdo behavior.

Definitely none of that in this thread right now

Chris James 2 posted:

The way this company makes even the people who merely talk about it insane on a long enough timeline is impressive and should be studied with just as much intensity as studying how much things needed to go perfectly right for a Barbie film to be both the smartest, and the most immediately (if not most in general) financially successful, film release of the year

It will be in general too :hai:

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

You know how when that ferrofluid stuff is subjected to a magnetic charge it makes it clump up in these interesting spiky shapes that it would never make without the charge, shapes no other fluid would typically express? The trick when thinking about a wrestler from the fed is to not let your mild disagreement with one or another aspect of their reputation serve as the magnetic charge that forces you into wild stances like "this is the only wrestler anyone has ever been unsympathetic towards", stances which seem super strange, if interesting, to anybody not magnetised in the exact same way.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Haven't seen Barbie, but Oppenheimer was better.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

:yeah: and well deserved :woop: my film of the year

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jul 24, 2023

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Charlotte sucks imo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Definitely none of that in this thread right now

Be nice to EMF

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Imagine watching Raw when you could be watching Barbie and still have 45 mins free to whip up a nice curry

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Imagine watching Raw when you could be watching Barbie and still have 45 mins free to whip up a nice curry

I might have to postpone my third screening to next Sunday where it's not going to be in the high-90 degrees, but that third screening's getting booked :getin:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

Imagine watching Raw when you could be watching Best of the Best Kento Miyahara instead

:hai:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I bet Kento doesn't even wear high heels :hmmno:

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Rarity posted:

Imagine watching Raw when you could be falling into an endless abyss, time ceasing to hold any meaning or purpose, your mind slowly cracking, turning in upon itself, until you as well become meaningless, without purpose, to be reborn anew as a manifestation of the universe itself, and still have 45 minutes to order a pizza.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Barbieheads, or, "Barbs" as they prefer to be called are just gonna have to accept that the progressive, feminist moviegoing audience has already declared their champion and her name is Gwen Stacy.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

I bet Kento doesn't even wear high heels :hmmno:

Yeah but I don't have to leave the house to watch Kento so that's a win I his favour

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Hirez posted:

It was cool when Brock was shoot punching Braun in his stupid head

wrestlers can have a little receipt, as a treat

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

wrestlers can have a little receipt, as a treat

another very good and well deserved receipt was when shane started potatoing people with his stupid punches so chris jericho dropkicked his face off to get him to calm down

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The funny one to think about is the Nia Jax/Charlotte shoot fight that happened that one Raw

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/158ehma/cody_knows_about_finish_the_story_being_a_meme/

Cody Rhodes Finishing the Story status: he now hates the saying "Finish the Story" lmao

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DeepDickPizza posted:

That Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday poo poo where fans shoot voted on matches was so wild. They should bring that back.

I was watching some Cultaholic list videos recently and two things of interest about Taboo Tuesday:

- The first one had the lowest attendance in WWE PPV history at 3,500 people.

- They did a list of wrestlers who only main-evented one WWE PPV, not counting Royal Rumble matches but counting Survivor Series tag matches. Ric Flair vs. Randy Orton in a cage match at the first Taboo Tuesday is Flair's one and only main event on a WWE PPV. Thanks a lot, Sid.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It was during that first era where they tried brand specific pay per views with their watered down rosters and it was on a freakin' Tuesday. It is no surprise that it was a mess. They have less incentive to try something so dumb now, but they're clearly not against gimmicks and there's less risk now that they killed ppvs. It's time to less us choose if Cody and Dom should fight in a prison yard brawl, a rubber chicken on a pole match or a Mountain Dew Death Match.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Gavok posted:

I was watching some Cultaholic list videos recently and two things of interest about Taboo Tuesday:

- They did a list of wrestlers who only main-evented one WWE PPV, not counting Royal Rumble matches but counting Survivor Series tag matches. Ric Flair vs. Randy Orton in a cage match at the first Taboo Tuesday is Flair's one and only main event on a WWE PPV. Thanks a lot, Sid.

There's no way on Earth Hulk would allow himself to not main event WM8 regardless of opponent. Especially since it and its gong show finish was used to have Warrior return (which blew up anyway)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Island Nation posted:

There's no way on Earth Hulk would allow himself to not main event WM8 regardless of opponent. Especially since it and its gong show finish was used to have Warrior return (which blew up anyway)

Hogan would still have been in the main event. It just would have been against Flair.

I thought the main reason they didn't do that was because Sid had it in his contract and they had to write around it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

another very good and well deserved receipt was when shane started potatoing people with his stupid punches so chris jericho dropkicked his face off to get him to calm down

Or that time Vader rocked Shamrock to get him to stop throwing potatoes for a minute.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/158ehma/cody_knows_about_finish_the_story_being_a_meme/

Cody Rhodes Finishing the Story status: he now hates the saying "Finish the Story" lmao

I still chuckle every time I think of Cody putting the Hubers ringside for the WM match and not smartening them up.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

I still chuckle every time I think of Cody putting the Hubers ringside for the WM match and not smartening them up.

Gotta get your win back somehow.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Gavok posted:

Milwaukee always gets the worst PPVs.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gavok posted:

Hogan would still have been in the main event. It just would have been against Flair.

I thought the main reason they didn't do that was because Sid had it in his contract and they had to write around it.

Yeah they promised Sid a Hogan match at Mania to get him to jump but the reason they didn't do Hogan/Flair is it drew terribly for WWF as a house show program. Of course that says a lot about WWF booking at the time that they couldn't get a Flair/Hogan program to draw

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dango Bango posted:

I still think he only found out that day. So he couldn't even smarten them up until they had already flown in. :lol:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- Judgment Day in ring promo

- Becky Lynch vs. Zoey Stark

- Bloodline video

- SPOILER: Match Set Up

- Cody Rhodes promo

- Tommaso Ciampa vs. "Big " Bronson Reed

- Liv Morgan vs. Rhea Ripley

- Ricochet promo with Logan Paul

- Apollo Crews vs. Damian Priest

- Drew McIntyre and GUNTHER face to face

- SPOILER MATCH

- Seth Rollins and Finn Balor contract singing

Backstage News

- Akira Tozawa vs. Sanga

- Dominik's official internal nickname is "Dirty" Dominik Mysterio

- Jinder Mahal, Katana Chance, Veer, Trish Stratus, Gunther, Kevin Owens are all in town for the show.

- Liv Morgan vs. Rhea Ripley is currently listed as non title.

- Kayden Carter vs. Nikki Cross is set as a dark match.

- Sanga vs. Akira Tozawa is set as a dark match

SPOILERS:

- For those asking about Giovanni Vinci's status with Imperium, he's at the sho tonight.

- Becky Lynch has a backstage segment scheduled after her match

- The match being set up after the Bloodline video is an NXT North American Title match between Sami Zayn and Dominik

- Drew McIntyre vs. Ludwig Kaiser will be set up on the show.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

we've all been asking about Giovanni Vinci's status with Imperium, haven't we folks

bartok
May 10, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah they promised Sid a Hogan match at Mania to get him to jump but the reason they didn't do Hogan/Flair is it drew terribly for WWF as a house show program. Of course that says a lot about WWF booking at the time that they couldn't get a Flair/Hogan program to draw

Flair and Hogan never really jelled in WCW. The matches were a little better with the roles reversed when Hogan turned heel but still not very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Digital Jedi posted:

SPOILERS:

- The match being set up after the Bloodline video is an NXT North American Title match between Sami Zayn and Dominik

lmfao