Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol the ps5 has no games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I never finished TLOU because the gameplay sucked and I like games to have fun gameplay

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

GOW Ragnarok could very well be the wokest most anti-capitalist game ever made but I'll never know because I'll never play it because GOW 2018 sucked poo poo

my gamer sin is that i liked those games but i am a psycho who plays games on the hardest difficulty possible which i think is where those games shine. it's probably boring as poo poo on regular degular mode

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

people attach the most overwrought readings to some of the most basic mass-market content imaginable

This guy pissed me off in some other games thread eons ago and I never let go of that grudge and I'm glad to see I was on the money.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Grassy Knowles posted:

Chapel, ShadowHawk, who was the third? Did ShadowHawk II get got the same way?

yeah he got got by this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_zCRYZ0xTM

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

Was TLOU2 bad? Always hesitant to get into games that have critics weeping and applauding
tlou2 was whatever but the stuff it got praise for was infuriating. heres a lesbian couple who get one scene onscreen together and its mostly about one of their dads. heres a trans character who the bad guys really want to make pregnant. this is the pinnacle of representation

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This guy pissed me off in some other games thread eons ago and I never let go of that grudge and I'm glad to see I was on the money.

Lol. The Haters Creed

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

nier avatar guy wrote like a million words in the CD animation thread defending "is AI art art?" and I don't really know if this thread should be subjected to that

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
you know that these people in tlou2 are bad people because half their dialogue consists of the sole trans character’s deadname

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The Saddest Rhino posted:

nier avatar guy wrote like a million words in the CD animation thread defending "is AI art art?" and I don't really know if this thread should be subjected to that

it is. mad?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

was going to kill you until i realized you werent talking about army of darkness *sheathes katana*

lol jesus...That would be TOO hosed up of an opinion.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

you know that these people in tlou2 are bad people because half their dialogue consists of the sole trans character’s deadname

remembering when tell me why came out and had a giant essay about how it was the first woke representation ofa trans character ever and then the first thing the game reveals is that the trans guy murdered his mother because he misunderstood her as transphobic when she wasnt

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Disco Elysium ruled just for the fact that even if you pick every communist dialogue option there’s still someone in the game who’s gonna call you a fuckin lib

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Before that they went all in on how Avatar the Last Airbender is literally evil because Mike and Bryan are white guys and I felt validated in a petty way when they pissed of the entire animation thread with the AI art thing.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Hot Diggity! posted:

I never finished TLOU because the gameplay sucked and I like games to have fun gameplay

Yup!! I made it through the first game because the bland story was just compelling enough and the performances were very good. Sequel was too miserable for the perfomances to hold it up so I gave ip like halfway through. Plus

Endorph posted:

tlou2 was whatever but the stuff it got praise for was infuriating. heres a lesbian couple who get one scene onscreen together and its mostly about one of their dads. heres a trans character who the bad guys really want to make pregnant. this is the pinnacle of representation

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

AI art is not art, but the question “Is AI art art?” is itself art. I will not be taking questions on this

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the game has a trans character he's miserable all the time and in constant danger of being brutally killed. praise me

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted:

it felt like a game that actively punished me for wanting to have fun so I uninstalled it and played better games instead

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
if you’re going to write a story about the inherent humanity of your enemies then maybe don’t make a faction whose two favorite hobbies are transphobia and ritual disembowelment

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Endorph posted:

remembering when tell me why came out and had a giant essay about how it was the first woke representation ofa trans character ever and then the first thing the game reveals is that the trans guy murdered his mother because he misunderstood her as transphobic when she wasnt

Why is Dontnod allowed to make video games lmao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the game has a trans character he's miserable all the time and in constant danger of being brutally killed. praise me
see the thing is if that was by a trans person and lasted 2 hours and was 90% text itd be badass but its made by naughty dog instead

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

TLOU desperately wants to be taken serious but are populated by cartoonish enemy mobs with less depth than most orcs.

TLOU2 then tried to humanize the orcs, but can only think of doing this by making another eviler faction

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
giving my animators PTSD by forcing them to watch liveleak videos of real murders and meticulously making sure the rope physics are as accurate as possible

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the last of us thinking its deep after george romero made the same points in the original night of the living dead smh

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

TheSwizzler posted:

Disco Elysium ruled just for the fact that even if you pick every communist dialogue option there’s still someone in the game who’s gonna call you a fuckin lib

honestly DE ruled because no matter what options you picked, Harry was still just Harry, A Really Dumb Fuckin' Idiot and so are most of the people around him. Except Kim.
Probably my favorite bit was if you had Harry think on the homosexual underground, when he's done he says to kim 'I think I'm gay', and Kim just replies 'No, you're not'.

more games really need to get back to 'the character is their own distinct person separate from the player' and do things with that again

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Grassy Knowles posted:

AI art is not art, but the question “Is AI art art?” is itself art. I will not be taking questions on this

It's like the circa 2008 thing where Milhouse was not a meme but Milhouse not being a meme was a meme.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

David Cage already solved racism with his What if MLK was a Badass Robot game looking forward to him tackling LGBTQ+ issues next

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

speaking of AI art a month or so back i was made aware that guy mann directly called me out with that sa history twitter account in a couple of videos filming himself complaining to his neighbours about how he "found it so funny that people on the internet (read: rhino) is so so mad at him" and I was a little distressed

and then i looked further down his profile to discover that he subscribes to and retweets twitter accounts which produces ai art of fat furries

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
No Child Left Behind set back the humanities to a previctorian era

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

The Barbie movie has a very silly joke making fun of Zack Snyder fans (I haven't watched it but from what I understand a barbie who got hypnotized by a bunch of kens upon being woken up said "I was so invested in ensuring the Snyder cut is released!") and the cd Snyderdome had been very normal about it

re: that quote they are SO close to linking toxic fandom with toxic masculinity but bounce off it both times because Snyder fans can't be sexist in fact they actually know women better than anyone else :rolleyes:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

TLOU desperately wants to be taken serious but are populated by cartoonish enemy mobs with less depth than most orcs.

TLOU2 then tried to humanize the orcs, but can only think of doing this by making another eviler faction

I lost all respect I had for TLOU2 when they kept trying to make you feel bad for killing Nameless Raider #3 with the dialogue stuff from other enemies and then dying and reloading and it being different names for the guy I just killed. Made it feel so phony

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the rhino is upset with me...

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

speaking of AI art a month or so back i was made aware that guy mann directly called me out on that sa history twitter account in a couple of videos filming himself complaining to his neighbours about how he "found it so funny that people on the internet (read: rhino) is so so mad at him" and I was a little distressed

and then i looked further down his profile to discover that he subscribes to and retweets twitter accounts which produces ai art of fat furries

oh god, so he must secretly lust after you

I mean, your av is you, you're basically his fantasy, Rhino

be careful :ohdear: he may be a stalker-type, and he has the vast resources of like what, 30 bucks on patreon a month before cuts, he can funnel those resources into chasing you around!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

speaking of AI art a month or so back i was made aware that guy mann directly called me out with that sa history twitter account in a couple of videos filming himself complaining to his neighbours about how he "found it so funny that people on the internet (read: rhino) is so so mad at him" and I was a little distressed

it's because he has a secret crush on you because he thinks you're your avatar irl. He doesn't know how to express himself healthily.

edit- yeah what the guy above me said.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

lol

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

DaysBefore posted:

David Cage already solved racism with his What if MLK was a Badass Robot game looking forward to him tackling LGBTQ+ issues next

I guess I've forgotten how Indigo Prophey ended.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

ishikabibble posted:

honestly DE ruled because no matter what options you picked, Harry was still just Harry, A Really Dumb Fuckin' Idiot and so are most of the people around him. Except Kim.

Probably my favorite bit was if you had Harry think on the homosexual underground, when he's done he says to kim 'I think I'm gay', and Kim just replies 'No, you're not”

Kim might be the most likeable character in modern gaming

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Rea posted:

It's getting a what?
The composer accidentally mentioned a "new version" of TLOU2 in an interview. As incredibly funny as a full remake/remaster would be, I think the current rumor mill is that it's probably a Director's Cut + PS5 Enhancement + PC Port?

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Plant MONSTER. posted:

it's because he has a secret crush on you because he thinks you're your avatar irl. He doesn't know how to express himself healthily.

edit- yeah what the guy above me said.

some very unfortunate but definitely true conclusions to draw here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i saw a guy on twitter opine about how 'ai art is going to DESTROY LIBERAL POLITICS... they fear its POWER... we are approaching a world where each man is allowed HIS OWN TRUTH, unable to be TAINTED BY OTHERS...' and then i scrolled one more tweet down his feed and it was just him yelling at an ai art bot on twitter trying to get it to give him art of tifa lockhart's feet