Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

'Hey, at least he isn't Barney!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lmao

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Tenkaris posted:

I'm proud that despite being a goon without any kind of gambling problem, I understand what over/under is

What's the over/under on the average goon understanding it, though?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The one thing I've learned about AI, is that it's all mediocre schlop, and even the best presentation of it is weaker on it's own than as a part of something human made. What it's best at is poo poo that normal people will never care about, unassuming backgrounds, random noise, normal and bump maps.

Stuff that needs to just be good enough to not be bad. No-one's ever said, Go look at Amelia McNormalMap, her Normal Maps revolutionized the world of art.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Tenkaris posted:

I'm proud that despite being a goon without any kind of gambling problem, I understand what over/under is

put this goon in charge of a goon fund, ideally with no oversight

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

lmao

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

:eyepop:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

sad question
May 30, 2020

I miss cheat codes

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
caller, you're on the air
gently caress you!
oh boy, we got a great crank caller

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

people attach the most overwrought readings to some of the most basic mass-market content imaginable

Oh it's that guy. He used to be a menace in a goon gacha game discord I'm in where he had a big list of characters that he hated mechanically and if anyone new asked if they should invest in them or if someone said "I like X" he would go on a 2 hour tirade on how poo poo they are and call you a maths r-word.

He randomly disappeared one day, turns out someone made fun of him for still playing gachas at 38 or whatever and he just quit cold turkey to preserve his street cred(?).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that guys nearly 40???

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

got his rear end

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
lot of Vs in this one.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Plant MONSTER. posted:

lot of Vs in this one.

there's always a lotta vNEXT CALLER

sorry zot

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Plant MONSTER. posted:

lot of Vs in this one.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
That kid is probably super well-adjusted now.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

pentyne posted:

new fans is probably the most significant part of that statement, because a ton of anime-heads (whatever the term is) were getting super mad at it leading to fluff to have to close the thread multiple times and probe people for being weirdos.

Pretty sure it only got closed once, during the hiatus between cours, and even then it was by the OP and not Flufdaddy.

I also got probed, but that was for calling the most tedious poster in the thread an idiot so I will claim to be justified.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Paladinus posted:

That kid is probably super well-adjusted now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9hf6LiwBBg

he is

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Oh sick he has all the episodes in one mega video on his channel. Just jump around, always something funny lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSU5uUL2w8k

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

love public access. what a gift.

DaysBefore posted:

Oh sick he has all the episodes in one mega video on his channel. Just jump around, always something funny lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSU5uUL2w8k

nice

anyhow outside of the yakuza games the last game i played that felt like art in all aspects was probably control.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

that guys nearly 40???

I don't remember the specific number tbh I just remember that it was high enough that I was amused about it.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Oh you're different people. Thought Endorph was reacting to their own post

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
whenever people talk about public access i mostly remember this one story from one of chris gethard's books about this one guy who got banned from the public access studio for threatening the staff. he didn't get banned from the channel, just the studio. once a week, he'd stand on a street corner a legally-obligated number of blocks away and wait for the security guy to swing by and pick up his pre-recorded video for them to air.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

I watched a bunch of episodes of some kid in one of the American desert states doing a public access gaming show in the 90s and it ruled. He'd take callers and they'd all just call him a bitch or homo then ask for Mortal Kombat cheat codes while the bored producers hosed with him

related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6u92fmB3xY

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

the readings don’t. stuff like nitw’s “hole in the center of everything” monologue can be a really cutting and incisive statement on the existential uncertainty of collapsing material circumstances but you tend not to find them outside of works that set out to confront those themes in the first place

I’m talking about attempts to screw on “leftist” analysis to works that obviously didn’t have it in mind, like positing tears of the kingdom is exemplary of a regressive society (source: polygon)

NitW is also helped along because it has literal, direct unambiguously leftist setpieces in it (like how the tooth you find tucked away in your house is from the skull of a boss who tried to gently caress with your miner grandad's union) as opposed to vaguely leftist fluff. Plus the artist/designer is an IRL leftist organizer as opposed to someone who just talks about how much he hates late stage capitalism on Twitter. So when it waxes philosophical, you can draw a direct line to what it has in mind.

I have no idea how anyone looks at Zelda or other AAA games with hundreds of people on them and give them any political meaning beyond thinking "I like this thing, therefore this thing must agree with my politics"

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

DaysBefore posted:

Oh you're different people. Thought Endorph was reacting to their own post

Same. "Why is Endorph replying to herself? Oh, wait."

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

put this goon in charge of a goon fund, ideally with no oversight

:yeah:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lmao

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Being bri*ish I am baffled and amused by the concept of public access television. I literally never heard of this poo poo before.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Being bri*ish I am baffled and amused by the concept of public access television. I literally never heard of this poo poo before.

It happened here for a while! Back when satellite TV was first kinda breaking out and people starting having more than five channels available, there were little local ones it was really easy to get on. I never saw anything of interest though, just immensely boring people who should not have been on TV talking about bullshit. Mind you I was a kid, maybe some of them were actually interesting.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Public access rule(s? d? Not sure if it's still a thing). They were always desperate to fill the timeslits so they'd just kinda put anything on the air

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I have a fun brand new friend that is sending my fanmail every single negative thing said about me on the internet ever. Don't know who they are, but they have an account here!

The thing is, a lot of the searches will have boba, pearl, or boba pearl, or bobapearl highlighted, so someone is searching each of those words and trying to find every instance of my name used on the forums, and the dedication is kind of nutso.

Here's the latest linked because it's pretty much entirely comprised of slurs: https://i.imgur.com/hOZPE0e.png

Just updating the legends thread so if I go missing, this is probably why lmao.

For the record, I think the saddest thing is, if I go into that thread I get a lot of encouragement, even in the mean place people are giving me props for putting myself out there :kimchi: I'm imagining this person searching the internet for the worst things they can say about me, and the best they can do is the place where people tease each other teased me once in september lmao. Like, it's these, and some archived kiwifarms post, when the site isn't even up anymore??? Real normal brain.

The weirdest thing is thinking woozy is my friend, a person I have never had a single conversation with. I think they think I'm someone else???

There's more concerning ones with names and addresses in them.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

WTF

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Weird af behaviour

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU