Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Beast is just the new Kamala for fancy boys.

Like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

uXs posted:

https://marvelsnapzone.com/the-art-of-marvel-snap-san-diego-comic-con-new-card-art-variant-tokens-emotes-and-more/

Lots of new art shown at comic con. A bunch of new variants but also:

New emotes

New card-emote sets

Variant art shown for Squirrel Girl AND her Squirrels

The Costume Party variants are ALL bangers. Arnim being a gameboy and Wolfbane in Sheep's clothing are :discourse:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Great moments in “Your Opponent Retreated”

…and also the harshest application of this thread title I’ve seen in a while.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
This game really needs a graveyard or instant replay or something. I played Phoenix Force, which took Multiple Man, and moved it the next turn. I glanced away for a second. When I looked back all copies were completely gone. I have no idea what could have killed it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Game needs an automute function more than anything, because it's a bridge way too far to expect people to not BM with emotes after a win.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Cabbit posted:

Game needs an automute function more than anything, because it's a bridge way too far to expect people to not BM with emotes after a win.

are you playing on mobile? i usually just pull up a youtube video, and then open up snap and put the mini youtube video window top right... should block out everything (name, emotes, etc.).

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Last King posted:

are you playing on mobile? i usually just pull up a youtube video, and then open up snap and put the mini youtube video window top right... should block out everything (name, emotes, etc.).

I am, yeah. Not a terrible idea.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
FINALLY I got to Infinite in this game!

I went with using KM Best's control deck in this tweet.

https://twitter.com/KMBestMS/status/1682824204507308034

It works great, especially with today's hot spot.

Absolut Mike
Oct 22, 2004

Primae noctis menage a trois.

harperdc posted:

Great moments in “Your Opponent Retreated”

…and also the harshest application of this thread title I’ve seen in a while.

Ohh this is fun.

My decks are pretty basic and I'm tired of encountering destruction decks every game, so I threw this together to see if it would work (it mostly requires dumb luck to win but it triggers a lot of retreats)

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
With everyone playing Magik, I just slapped Scarlet Witch into my favorite deck and been dropping that to end the game on 6 for some easy wins. Exception is a loving bot destroying a Magik over multiple-man, to then revive with phoenix force to apply a turn 7 happens this game to 2 locations. I hate bots.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Joink posted:

With everyone playing Magik, I just slapped Scarlet Witch into my favorite deck and been dropping that to end the game on 6 for some easy wins. Exception is a loving bot destroying a Magik over multiple-man, to then revive with phoenix force to apply a turn 7 happens this game to 2 locations. I hate bots.

That's a human play, not a bot play. Bots will play omnisciently and can have any tech card they need within certain limits, but they don't do multiple-turn combos.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Jedit posted:

That's a human play, not a bot play. Bots will play omnisciently and can have any tech card they need within certain limits, but they don't do multiple-turn combos.

I don't think bots can have tech cards - their decks are preset.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
A flurry of angry emotes every time I drop an Armor over their Nimrod I'm Conquest. You showed your hand round 1, I know your game now. You're not going to get your combo out now, just move along.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I had a good flurry of Kamalas today after dropping a T6 Cosmo into Kamar Taj. Sorry 'bout it

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Running armor and scarlet witch pays good returns in this meta

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Cabbit posted:

I wish all High Evolutionary players would simply stop playing the game forever. Mother of loving Christ I've never seen anything less fun to play against than loving High Evolutionary decks.

Have you heard the good news about our Lord and Savior, Luke Cage?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Quackles posted:

I don't think bots can have tech cards - their decks are preset.

No. You'll occasionally see a bot play Thing or Cyclops in a deck that has no reason to run them - which before High Evo was any deck. It's theorised that bots can replace these cards with a tech card or key card on those turns, but very rarely will play them "naked" if they have no better option. Amy Chav can be replaced as well, which is why cheatbots seem to always topdeck Hela on turn 6.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Just played against somebody who may have inadvertently found an interesting use for NSTW with Zola:

Didn't win them the game, but turning two out of three lanes into minefields and having Knull to reap the rewards is neat. Also, the Phoenix Move deck posted upthread is fun.

Red posted:

Have you heard the good news about our Lord and Savior, Luke Cage?

Probably why I was enjoying Cerebro 2 so much earlier.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
If anyone else is doing the weekend Echo quest, I just took KM Best's Thanos deck and replaced Luke Cage with Echo. I'm not really seeing any High Evo the last few days anyway. Won a few tickets with it in proving grounds and now I have 500 tokens.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Jedit posted:

No. You'll occasionally see a bot play Thing or Cyclops in a deck that has no reason to run them - which before High Evo was any deck. It's theorised that bots can replace these cards with a tech card or key card on those turns, but very rarely will play them "naked" if they have no better option. Amy Chav can be replaced as well, which is why cheatbots seem to always topdeck Hela on turn 6.

Load-bearing “theorized.”

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Smiling Knight posted:

Reminds me of how a bunch of people insisted modern warfare 22 had skill-based bullet damage and footstep audio and that's why they were losing

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Smiling Knight posted:

No, the cheatbots do always have the tech cards. It's not the what that is theorised, it's the how. And the most logical way of doing it without ever breaking the deck they're using is to replace an existing object.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Jedit posted:

In beta they had the data for matches written live into their json, including the full decklist at game start. Bot decks are not changing during gameplay.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
I'm pretty sure second dinner has said that bot decks don't change during gameplay, but they can see what you play and play accordingly with what they have, either to win or lose. So they would be way more likely to play a tech card if they have it if they are playing to win, but they do have to have the card normally

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Cheat to win bots make no sense for this game now that when people hit infinite those cubes they obtained are lost to the rest of the ladder for the rest of the season. I mean sure there's regular injection in the form of 3 ranks every tier but bots should exist for adding cubes to the ladder, not removing them

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

pray for my aunt posted:

I think Torch is too key to be replacable but you could try.

Appreciate all the suggestions (tried them all!) but I think you're right, I'll have to wait on Torch for this one :( Multiple Man may be a better PF target but Torch is sure better than staring at your hand.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
https://twitter.com/MarvelSnapBugle/status/1683551635023224836

If you Legion a Flooding location, all three locations will become Flooded at the same time. (Unlike Mirror Dimension.)

So Storm into Legion will close everything down.

That will be, um, interesting.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Giving me douche chills of the Zabu/Spiderman/Absorbing Man meta

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah I’m expecting a lot more 5 turn games with Legion

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Legion’s the card I’ve been most excited for. There’s a lot of shenanigans when you can mess with locations like that.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

uXs posted:

https://twitter.com/MarvelSnapBugle/status/1683551635023224836

If you Legion a Flooding location, all three locations will become Flooded at the same time. (Unlike Mirror Dimension.)

So Storm into Legion will close everything down.

That will be, um, interesting.

So you're kind of hosed if you don't own a Jeff.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Red posted:

Or doing a multiple man + phoenix thing

Edit: flooding + legion feels like a poor man's Galactus, surely there are more interesting ways to use him

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Yeah I kinda wish I had Jeff now but I'm definitely putting Legion into my ramp deck

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Red posted:

Or if you, idk, enjoy playing the actual card game. This poo poo will be insta-nerfed if it allows for games to reliably be shutdown by T5 with a two card combo.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Legion onto Death’s domain, followed by colosssus, wolverine, nimrod could be fun.
Rickety bridge, too.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

Legion onto Death’s domain, followed by colosssus, wolverine, nimrod could be fun.
Rickety bridge, too.

The balance to this is it’s basically impossible to arrange to happen.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
A lot of this zone fuckery sounds unfun, as zones are probably the least fun part of this game

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Yeah but a lot of decks run Storm, Scarlet Witch, or Magik, with Rhino being less common

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
From an occasional Galactus enjoyer, the Storm/Legion interaction sounds fine from a power perspective as it relies on you having also gotten some other cards in play or hand to make it work.

However from a "feels" perspective its going to be a thing people absolutely HATE.

I just cant see why they are doing this to themselves, they just fixed a lockout combo, and before that they finally unfucked the Galactus deck from being the most hated thing in snap.

Like why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

*pulls at collar*

https://twitter.com/Glenn_Jones_/status/1683553253102080000