Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

So why does pulverize seem to be totally useless point blank against white mobs on WT1? Is there a minimum radius before it takes effect or is there some dumbshit Diablo "damage bucket" thing going on? It's definitely totally useless against treasure goblins, I remember in D3 they had some crap which had the effect of "you can only do a maximum of X damage to a treasure goblin in a single hit"

Stubear St. Pierre fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love not having a minimap overlay

One of the best changes, I’m glad they stuck with it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

they gotta walk back that "WT3 enemies are at -5 starting at player level 60" thing, yesterday. That's too low!! Especially since Late-WT3 is a perfect time to knock out all that pesky renown
I absolutely hate it. I dont want to feel like the only way to focus on gaining XP is with NMDs. NMDs are boring as gently caress compared to doing fun poo poo on the overworld map like Helltides and Whisper stuff.

euphronius posted:

I love not having a minimap overlay

One of the best changes, I’m glad they stuck with it
Yup, truly amazing, wont miss it at all!!
edit: just like with procedurally generated maps!!!

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 24, 2023

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

So why is pulverize seem to be totally useless point blank against white mobs on WT1? Is there a minimum radius before it takes effect or is there some dumbshit Diablo "damage bucket" thing going on? It's definitely totally useless against treasure goblins, I remember in D3 they had some crap which had the effect of "you can only do a maximum of X damage to a treasure goblin in a single hit"

In my experience it still hits things at point blank range, but I feel like there is a magic sweet spot once you have the aspects for it at the edge of melee range where you get double hits from both the normal hit and the shockwave.

I've found that landslide won't hit anything that is too close to a wall though.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What the gently caress? The paid battlepass gives you money back? Why?

That's not how the customer/shopkeeper relationship works. Just gimme 660 Platinums worth of additional video game nonsense or whatever, gently caress this company scrip I will never spend

Also they gotta walk back that "WT3 enemies are at -5 starting at player level 60" thing, yesterday. That's too low!! Especially since Late-WT3 is a perfect time to knock out all that pesky renown

It's to lure people to buy game money in order to not "waste" the game money they got with the battle pass, since what they get there isnt enough to buy anything but just enough to be tantalizing for some people

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Don’t worry you don’t get enough premium currency out of it to buy anything from the shop anyway

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe in the expansion you will be able to enter into a boss room from the side or even the top of the screen ??

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I absolutely hate it. I dont want to feel like the only way to focus on gaining XP is with NMDs. NMDs are boring as gently caress compared to doing fun poo poo on the overworld map like Helltides and Whisper stuff.

Helltides are always +3, fortunately, but they're not always available. Make Helltides be always!!!

SettingSun posted:

Is this your first battlepass lol

Premium currency is a staple in all of them.

I've only interacted with the Destiny 2 'season pass' system where you pay ten bux and you get ten bux of video game loots. Free CyberBucks is nice I guess but I'm gonna forget about it even harder than my old bitcoins..

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Is there a cool unique or aspect for Rupture? The attack speed or heal buffs and the bloodsplosion sound nice but I don't find myself yet wanting to cash in all my bleed, instead I just apply further bleed because 5 seconds isn't a big ask to watch a demon die. I guess a sweet spot grasp, rend, rupture that hits tons of dudes would generate a lot of multi-dipping bloodsplosions on that pile. Except they all die to the 1-2 rends anyway, don't lack for AoE here. The hard part is fitting a skill in when I'm pretty comfy with my set up. I'll probably shift once I get gear to push me away from Stomp for Fury.

Really enjoying the bleeding key passive, can really feel it when I get even 2 procs on an elite and ho ho your entire bar is already bled out. 43 today so WT3 soon fellow swoles. Also enjoy the rhythm of grasp, rend, flay, +fury, rend, flay, maelstrom, rend, etc. Just juggling all those stacking +bleed buffs.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Agreed. The game is meant to get harder as you climb difficulty levels not easier. Overworld outside of helltides is faceroll.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Fields of Crimson is the barb's main unique (2h slashing) that changes rupture. It causes a blood puddle to spawn on the ground that increases damage taken to enemies who stand in it. It was ok when I was running a bleed build but I transitioned into a WA build once I was done waiting for bleeds to tick down.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Crosswell posted:

Been spamming NM 26s since level 60 when they were twenty levels higher than me but still no super uniques for all my push push pushing.

Didn’t see anyone correct this, but you’re only facing lvl 80 mobs at that tier. Level 85+ mobs (and any chests) only drop super uniques (last I heard).

Edit: NM tier + 54 is the mob level, not your level + NM tier

latinotwink1997 fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 24, 2023

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Mr Beens posted:

Agreed. The game is meant to get harder as you climb difficulty levels not easier. Overworld outside of helltides is faceroll.

It does feel satisfying to instantly splatter weak mobs from time to time, but yeah

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Helltides are always +3, fortunately, but they're not always available. Make Helltides be always!!!
Thank you for reminding me of that part. So I guess the Whisper part is where I got hit. I wish I could get Glyph upgrades via doing Whispers instead of of NMDs.

Name Change posted:

It does feel satisfying to instantly splatter weak mobs from time to time, but yeah
Agreed but I'd rather either it varies and hovers around equal to your level and only bottoms out at your level -2, or just only bottoms out at your level -2.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

hawowanlawow posted:

Thorns barb is a neat gimmick but it suffers from the same problem as every other barb build in that you have to use all the shouts which take up all your slots and the default shout cooldown is at least 5s too long

Like seriously, just decrease the cooldowns of the shouts. It is tedious to wait for them and there's no reason not to that isn't bullshit. They don't do damage like in d2

This was what i ran into with my barbarian build in season 0. You'd fire off your shouts but then have to wait that extra cool down time even if you had other abilities that helped and so you'd run away from a mob for like 7 seconds every time.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

That's not how the customer/shopkeeper relationship works. Just gimme 660 Platinums worth of additional video game nonsense or whatever, gently caress this company scrip I will never spend

If its anything like the Call of Duty one (which i generally like) its actually nice! You'll earn enough platinum to buy the next season battle pass and since I basically never buy any special/custom skins in the shop its just a fun feedback loop. You buy the battle pass once and keep earning enough to buy the next one if you complete the pass.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fortnite started the whole thing I think and COD does it as well where if you invest (time) on the pass you have enough for the next one, and a little bonus on top. You could technically only need to buy a pass once and play them all.

Destiny doesn’t do this because Bungie has the absolute worst monetization of any game ever. Great gunplay though.

Diablo chose the worst of both worlds by giving you currency but not enough to actually do anything with it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Oh really? I didn't actually even look at the math. So you don't even earn enough to buy the next one? Thats weak.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Why didn't they bring back singer barbs? I want to scream at things until they die, not punch them.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also they gotta walk back that "WT3 enemies are at -5 starting at player level 60" thing, yesterday. That's too low!! Especially since Late-WT3 is a perfect time to knock out all that pesky renown

The reason games make you buy Videogame Bitcoins is because they can make it so the amounts you buy vs the amounts you can spend are coprime, with a high least common multiple. In D4 even the higher amounts, 5700 and 11500--which are effectively just 57 and 115--have prime factorizations of 3 * 19 and 5 * 23 respectively. They're not giving you "bonus," they're giving you enough so that you're guaranteed to have a useless amount left over. And what's even better is that this is tuned so that even if you buy more Diablo Bitcoins, you will still have a useless amount of excess (hence why they choose the highest prime factorization possible).

Honestly the most evil thing that any video game studio has ever done is turn the benevolent glory of number theory against us all.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The whole "not enough premium currency to buy next thing" is a common phone game thing. You get almost enough so people are more likely to make up the difference with cash. It's quite scummy.

Another one is to have premium currency come in amounts that have nothing to do with any item cost. So like assless chaps will cost 69 coins but you can only buy coins in multiples of 100. Those extra 31 coins make it easier to convince you to buy the ball gag for 40 coins.

Kohls cash works the same way really. Just to get you to buy buy buy.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I don't really feel like I'm "buying" platinum when I buy a BattlePass. It just feels like I bought cosmetics and now i have yet another bank account/gift card/app on my phone with $5 in it that shall be there until the end of time

annoying but such is life in the richest nation in the history of the earth

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
bitterly angry i havent had any minion necro aspects drop so far. why dont you want me to have skinny friends blizzard?!?

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

It's just like OW2 battlepass except they're going to give us a season or two before they are told to paywall content behind it. Will happyily paypig for more content so long as it's a bit more threshed out system than this first season.

Hit 50, having fun, rogue is not my thing, kinda wish bows had more options / did cooler things with seeking tracker arrows.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

soggybagel posted:

If its anything like the Call of Duty one (which i generally like) its actually nice! You'll earn enough platinum to buy the next season battle pass and since I basically never buy any special/custom skins in the shop its just a fun feedback loop. You buy the battle pass once and keep earning enough to buy the next one if you complete the pass.

It’s not and it doesn’t

You don’t even get enough to buy anything from the store

Edit: I added it up and you get 666 platinum (the heck number) and the cheapest store item is 800 I think

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 24, 2023

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

bitterly angry i havent had any minion necro aspects drop so far. why dont you want me to have skinny friends blizzard?!?

If it makes you feel better I finally got one and yeah it works like people in the thread sing but it’s also annoyingly slow at one activation per second and it’s anything but smart.

Still rules though 8]

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
the stuff is just outfits right

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Time posted:

the stuff is just outfits right

ya

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are you being sincere

It’s hard for me to tell

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tiny Timbs posted:

It’s not and it doesn’t

You don’t even get enough to buy anything from the store

Edit: I added it up and you get 666 platinum (the heck number) and the cheapest store item is 800 I think

By season 3 you’ll be exactly 2 platinum short from buying the pass for free lol.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

faantastic posted:

Will happyily paypig for more content

u paid $70 minimum for this already, disgusting

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Tonetta posted:

u paid $70 minimum for this already, disgusting

naw bro i paid $100 and then another $70 so i could play from my ps5 when im on the couch and not infront of the pc, and im only gonna play it for like, 10 days each season. im awful and need help

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
I've seen mention of (I assume) a heart that will cause you to autocast corpse tendrils as a necro. Anyone know what the skill description is for this? Not sure what to look for

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s a common orange one

You will get like 50 of them

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mr Beens posted:

Helltides quickly become faceroll too. Until you go into the spider world event and die 4 times to the deadliest things in the game.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Rapid fire rogue finally starting to work very well. Did the capstone at 45 and then literally the first weapon that dropped for me in WT3 doubled my DPS. I'm 50 now and still haven't found anything even approaching it.

The heart that gives you knockback feels real good with rapid fire (especially with the passive that adds crit % to knocked back enemies). A bunch of the time elite monsters can't even stay on the same screen as me. Still a little weak on AOE, but the ricochet aspect + shadow imbue + poison trap w/ heart that taunts enemies + lightning arc heart makes it doable.

Dr. Eldarion fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 24, 2023

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

BitterAvatar posted:

I've seen mention of (I assume) a heart that will cause you to autocast corpse tendrils as a necro. Anyone know what the skill description is for this? Not sure what to look for

it has the ability to auto cast a corpse skill every certain amount of time for x-y less damage%

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
Is there any way to toggle it so that other people's minion's are fully visible? I want all the stuff on screen all the time.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
Wow the resource drain really is bugged huh. Anything that touches you just drains resource, kinda funny. That heart that counters resource drain scales all the way up to 100% though, which is funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
ive never actually noticed resource drain but im also a barbarian so id ont have any to begin with