Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

It's like I have some sort of complex where she's a mother and lady on the one hand, and a whore on the other.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FFS mods I am begging you to read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna%E2%80%93whore_complex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

DiscountDildos posted:

To lower the risk of colorectal cancers, refrain from putting cell towers in your rear end

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/gyulmeetsworld/status/1683498952023498753?t=eqxdefljkavhqN0Eczynlg&s=19

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

net work error posted:

The article said genetics can't account for the entirety of the sharp increase

i got mine caught at stage 3 right when i turned 39

completely outta the blue, testing showed no genetic markers whatsoever

and yeah there aren't really any symptoms before it starts killing you which is why they need to screen you at 50 45 now. lol everyone i know went and got screened, go get a camera rammed up your butt if you're over 30, colorectal is the #3 most common type of cancer

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Don't post about how contemptuous sex workers are and you won't get probed, simple as

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this thread's been predicting collapse for well over 3 years, hell even pre covid

love this internalized mayo pete logic: this bridge hasn’t collapsed yet so why spend money on maintenance now. pedagogy of the oppressed indeed

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Completely deranged people keep saying the economy will collapse? Hard to imagine this happening, probably has never happened before

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

There isn't going to be a rapid, catastrophic collapse unless the methane clathrate guns fire off. Things will just get shittier and we'll get accustomed to them getting shittier.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
me, paying $799 for a loaf of bread with children’s fingers in it while insurers erect a
firewall around yet another us state: thank god the collapse hasn’t happened yet

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

It's like I have some sort of complex where she's a mother and lady on the one hand, and a whore on the other.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ahahahahaha bad shoot

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

the specific part people keep getting wrong is thinking the markets will ever reconnect with material reality. it's a kind of latent liberalism. there is an assumption that system collapse must be like a financial crash or a recession or some such internal measure. thus, they keep predicting that the markets will wake up and tesla will crash or there'll be some other reckoning to signal the "start" of the collapse, when, in fact, the measures will continue to diverge from material reality while the western ruling class correspondingly becomes ever more demented the further into the already ongoing collapse we get.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Zodium posted:

the specific part people keep getting wrong is thinking the markets will ever reconnect with material reality. it's a kind of latent liberalism. there is an assumption that system collapse must be like a financial crash or a recession or some such internal measure. thus, they keep predicting that the markets will wake up and tesla will crash or there'll be some other reckoning to signal the "start" of the collapse, when, in fact, the measures will continue to diverge from material reality while the western ruling class correspondingly becomes ever more demented the further into the already ongoing collapse we get.

yeah like that graph of the German market during ww 2.0

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
the one thing I’d add to cybernetic capitalism and catabolic decline is that one of the latter layers of temporary stability is going hard f fascism because it is preferred over the alternatives for numerous reasons. not like piss weak liberals QQing over trump but actual bonafide fascism to jettison the maintenance baggage through militarized control while also further allowing continued decoupling of material reality to the ‘economy’

america is already the fourth reich but hasn’t hit the fifth….. yet

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Centrist Committee posted:

me, paying $799 for a loaf of bread with children’s fingers in it while insurers erect a
firewall around yet another us state: thank god the collapse hasn’t happened yet

All the proof anyone could ever need is right in front of their faces. But if you're a loving lib nerd and you need undeniable metrics look at suicide rates and declining life expectancy. If you want undeniable optics look at all the homeless people. Then ask what force, organization, or mechanism exists in our political and socioeconomic landscape that has hope of reversing any of it. Things don't fix themselves, they only seem to when the empire still retains enough global power to wallpaper over it.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It is that resources have to come from somewhere and as the Dollar comes under increasing pressure the public at large via rates will be asked to contribute more (i.e never own anything, rent forever, 6 jobs, and to be in massive debt etc).

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Centrist Committee posted:

love this internalized mayo pete logic: this bridge hasn’t collapsed yet so why spend money on maintenance now. pedagogy of the oppressed indeed

Mr.Hootington convinced me that BadThings cannot be mentioned unless you're going to do something about said BadThing

though to be fair he isnt the goon to share this sentiment. Already I'm seeing overuse of the word Doomscrolling

Doomscrolling doesn't mean being willfully ignorant, morons

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
what

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

people overusing the word Doomscrolling use that as some sort of cudgel to prevent any type of discourse that they may find displeasing (i.e This very thread)

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Also, the market isn't going to collapse (in any long term sense) if there are bunch of massive corporations with tens of billions of cash on hand that can always buy what they need and can the SEC to gently caress off. It doesn't mean the market will always go up, but the reason it is going up isn't earnings or lower rates, they just bought it back up and brute forced it.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
youre not dying on the street therefore youre privileged so stop whining:smug:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Boomerscroll acting up

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

drat

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!
the only way to be moral is to clockwork orange yourself 24 hours a day with the most graphic and soul-destroying news you can find

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

Mr.Hootington convinced me that BadThings cannot be mentioned unless you're going to do something about said BadThing

though to be fair he isnt the goon to share this sentiment. Already I'm seeing overuse of the word Doomscrolling

Doomscrolling doesn't mean being willfully ignorant, morons

Bro I never probed you

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

SKULL.GIF posted:

There isn't going to be a rapid, catastrophic collapse unless the methane clathrate guns fire off. Things will just get shittier and we'll get accustomed to them getting shittier.

Yeah there won't be a "the 9-5 life is over, time to run around in the street with a gun" inflection point but I do think we're in for a rapid decline in material conditions and living standards. Rapid as in over the course of the next 10 years or so. All the major breadbaskets are having problems and the climate is only going to get worse, and agriculture depends on a fairly narrow range of predictable weather patterns to work well.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ardennes posted:

Also, the market isn't going to collapse (in any long term sense) if there are bunch of massive corporations with tens of billions of cash on hand that can always buy what they need and can the SEC to gently caress off. It doesn't mean the market will always go up, but the reason it is going up isn't earnings or lower rates, they just bought it back up and brute forced it.

skooma512 posted:

Yeah there won't be a "the 9-5 life is over, time to run around in the street with a gun" inflection point but I do think we're in for a rapid decline in material conditions and living standards. Rapid as in over the course of the next 10 years or so. All the major breadbaskets are having problems and the climate is only going to get worse, and agriculture depends on a fairly narrow range of predictable weather patterns to work well.

The market actually "Collapsing" in a real sense would be whether or not you think another Great Depression is possible.

I think a good metric to judge that is if you believe the 究極の印刷の無限の成長(Ultimate Print, Infinite Growth) technique employed by JPow in 2020 actually fixed the economy and stopped the recession.

If the money printing actually worked as economists claim and liberal democrats take credit for then yes sending out more precise cash dumps would put out the fires before they start.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 22:25 on Jul 24, 2023

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

haha holy poo poo

Vox settle down mr trigger finger

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Don't post about how contemptuous sex workers are and you won't get probed, simple as

great reading comprehension you loving idiot

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

croup coughfield posted:

the only way to be moral is to clockwork orange yourself 24 hours a day with the most graphic and soul-destroying news you can find

haha yes just "moral"

you got it bud

youre not dying on the street therefore youre privileged so stop whining:smug:

gotta learn to take my own advice here!1!1:shepface:

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Gunshow Poophole posted:

haha holy poo poo

Vox settle down mr trigger finger

He can't even read a 1 sentence post right and you want him to read an article?

Vox Nihili posted:

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

haha yes just "moral"

you got it bud

gotta learn to take my own advice here!1!1:shepface:

whats the virtue in it then?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Rectal Death Adept posted:

The market actually "Collapsing" in a real sense would be whether or not you think another Great Depression is possible.

I think a good metric to judge that is if you believe the 究極の印刷の無限の成長(Ultimate Print, Infinite Growth) technique employed by JPow in 2020 actually fixed the economy and stopped the recession.

If the money printing actually worked as economists claim and liberal democrats take credit for then yes sending out more precise cash dumps would put out the fires before they start.

I don't really think a Great Depression is really possible in a real sense, not the deprivation of the Great Depression, but the system losing control like it did. Arguably, the worst of the Great Depression wasn't the stock market crashing but it hitting banking and the government not really doing anything about it until it was absolutely forced to and following that up with austerity.

Right now, the population is being squeezed and things are becoming more difficult for most people, but both tech and the financial industry is aren't worrying the Fed won't have their back, they will.

Right now, the Fed is more restrained in printing, partly because of issues with the dollar, but even if the dollar devalued to some extent, companies like Apple would be fine (they would just go into Euros/dollar and buy more of their stock).

You could throw some money into the market and see but there are always periodic corrections to make sure buybacks are cheaper (look at Facebook).

-----

In addition, housing is probably going to be more unaffordable for the foreseeable future, there is no way to build subdivisions like back in the 2000s and most of the new construction is rentals.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 22:47 on Jul 24, 2023

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

croup coughfield posted:

whats the virtue in it then?

I am not going to repeat myself

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

I am not going to repeat myself

youd have to make a clear point first before you could repeat it

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

great reading comprehension you loving idiot

covid has really taken a toll on this thread

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Ardennes posted:

I don't really think a Great Depression is really possible in a real sense, not the deprivation of the Great Depression, but the system losing control like it did. Arguably, the worst of the Great Depression wasn't the stock market crashing but it hitting banking and the government not really doing anything about it until it was absolutely forced to and following that up with austerity.

Right now, the population is being squeezed and things are becoming more difficult for most people but in a sense both tech and the financial industry is beyond worrying the Fed won't have their back, they will.

Right now, the Fed is more restrained in printing, partly because of issues with the dollar, but even if the dollar devalued to some extent, companies like Apple would be fine (they would just go into Euros/dollar and buy more of their stock).

I frankly disagree, it's entirely possible for it to hit a point where it spins out; and remember, things will fall apart slowly until major inflection points are hit, then it won't be slow at all.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

StratGoatCom posted:

I frankly disagree, it's entirely possible for it to hit a point where it spins out; and remember, things will fall apart slowly until major inflection points are hit, then it won't be slow at all.

Or a black swan event hits the system and all the filling has been since been sucked out and the facade just crumbles.

Plus nothing like a war to topple your system, even if you ostensibly win. Losing carriers to China and having to sue for peace probably isn't going to be great for America, nukes notwithstanding. I'm sure America will make up for that with people like yours truly getting tossed into camps and expropriated as revenge, Korematsu is still the law of the land.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

is this thread always like this

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

aw frig aw dang it posted:

is this thread always like this

pretty much ime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU