Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i think he's just an old carnie racist who was smart enough to just say it out loud for the most part. most racists arent saying slurs 24/7 and dressing up in klan robes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Gavok posted:

I have my own strange armchair theory about Hogan's racist statements. The short of it being, "Hulk Hogan doesn't actually hate black people, but he WILL tell the wife of an rear end in a top hat shock jock that he hates black people because he thinks that will make him look cool in the moment." It's still racism, but it's more in line with the sad way Hogan's mind works.

Plus part of it is that I just can't see him keeping that kind of behavior under wraps so well for years. He pissed off a lot of people and you'd think somebody would have referenced it against him.

Now this, THIS makes a lot more sense.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

My favorite story about Hogan being a sociopath is when he had a match against Sting at a TNA PPV.

For months, TNA did a big round robin tournament, won by Bobby Roode. By winning, he would get a title shot at the Bound for Glory PPV. They spent all this time and energy building him up as the next champion and the big breakout star of the company. Fans were pumped for it. At the same time, champion Kurt Angle was barely holding together physically and desperately needed to drop the belt and take some time off.

Then at the PPV, Roode abruptly just... lost the match.

Why? Because the Sting vs. Hogan match ended with Hogan turning face and he didn't want Roode's coronation to overshadow that. So he used his creative control to sabotage Roode and screw everything up.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Roode wasn't ready brother

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
owns that dixie carter hired every single person on the cover of the death of wcw at the same time and the same thing happened

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How long did the New Monday Night Wars last?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

2 weeks

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

It's been a while since the Hogan racist stuff came out, and I don't care enough about it to research it, but I seem to remember a lot of it was in the context of his daughter Brooke dating a black man at the time. So my guess is that Hogan's one of those racists who are fine with other ethnicities existing as long as they don't try to date his own daughter white people.

Also let's not forget that Hogan was probably #3 in the category of "WWE star who's clearly sexually attracted to his own daughter", right behind Vince McMahon and Donald Trump.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Is it still accurate that non-top WWE talent has to pay their own airfare, zero time off, and have to file taxes in every state they wrestle as they are contractors? Also, is AEW better about that? Is the image of AEW not being as cruel accurate or are they still pretty bad?

Also what are the rough estimates for market share? Like does WWE have like 70%, AEW 20%, others 10%?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
there isnt a wrestlers union because hogan is a snitch

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, closest they ever got was Jesse Ventura trying to put one together in the eighties and Hogan went straight to Vince and gave up loving everything.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Hulk Hogan is stupid piece of poo poo with raisin balls.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

mr mom mr nanny sucked poo poo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jesse also got the idea for a union after being in movies and discovering that SAG and its benefits were pretty great compared to getting his body ruined week after week with no benefits

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

GolfHole posted:

mr mom sucked poo poo

If you mean the 1980s comedy movie with Michael Keaton, Teri Garr, Martin Mull, and Ann Jillian, then I'm afraid I shall have to challenge you to a duel :colbert:

If you mean the Hulk Hogan "comedy" movie Mr. Nanny, then it's all good :hfive:

E:just saw your edit :v:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

it says we're not the mounties....

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Three minutes.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Toaster Beef posted:

wasn't Schwarzenegger's about a bicuspid valve? Those can become an issue whether you've been on the juice or not, though obviously it doesn't help

Yea. His mom, who did not do steroids, had the same issue and died from it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The initial attempt was in January 2010. Then they decided to move IMPACT to Mondays two months later and it lasted nine weeks before throwing in the towel.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wasn't that around the same time they went from their six-sided ring to a four-sided because of Hogan and didn't tell anyone until they showed up to the taping?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Extra Large Marge posted:

The Hulk Hogan is stupid piece of poo poo with raisin balls.

HE IS A JABRONI PIECE OF poo poo I SHOULD BREAK HIS BACK WITH CAMEL CLUTCH THEN TAKE OUT MY TEN INCH COCK AND gently caress HIS rear end MAKE HIM HUMBLE!!!!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

HE IS A JABRONI PIECE OF poo poo I SHOULD BREAK HIS BACK WITH CAMEL CLUTCH THEN TAKE OUT MY TEN INCH COCK AND gently caress HIS rear end MAKE HIM HUMBLE!!!!

Is there a version of the crying eagle smilie for Iran?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Wasn't that around the same time they went from their six-sided ring to a four-sided because of Hogan and didn't tell anyone until they showed up to the taping?

I don't know about the last part, but yeah. It was a thing where bringing in Hogan meant getting rid of one of the dynamic parts of TNA that really made them stick out as their own promotion, but apparently that ring had less give than your usual ring and absolutely sucked to take bumps on. Considering Hogan's body at that point, I can understand why he wanted to conform to a four-sided ring.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Are Hogan & Taker considered “ok” mentally? Wondering as Foley seems to be mostly ok but probably not 100%.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
hogan has always been like that but he's also a wrestler and you have to be hosed up mentally to want to be a wrestler

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Are Hogan & Taker considered “ok” mentally? Wondering as Foley seems to be mostly ok but probably not 100%.

Other than the easy "they're assholes" route, there haven't been any real red flags with Hogan and Taker's mental health. Foley took a LOT of shots to the head, which is something those two didn't for the most part. Undertaker's legs are severely screwed up and Hogan's entire body is barely holding together.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Is it still accurate that non-top WWE talent has to pay their own airfare, zero time off, and have to file taxes in every state they wrestle as they are contractors? Also, is AEW better about that? Is the image of AEW not being as cruel accurate or are they still pretty bad?

AEW wrestlers have mentioned here and there that travel is paid for by AEW.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

SirPhoebos posted:

Can you talk about how Shane ruined a Royal Rumble?

I'll work on this next. Or really, a look at Shane McMahon's return to WWE from several years ago up to him ruining the Royal Rumble.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's been a while since the Hogan racist stuff came out, and I don't care enough about it to research it, but I seem to remember a lot of it was in the context of his daughter Brooke dating a black man at the time. So my guess is that Hogan's one of those racists who are fine with other ethnicities existing as long as they don't try to date his own daughter white people.

Also let's not forget that Hogan was probably #3 in the category of "WWE star who's clearly sexually attracted to his own daughter", right behind Vince McMahon and Donald Trump.

He was fine with her dating a black guy if he was a millionaire basketball playing n-word, if memory serves.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

An effort post about some of the famous WWE memes would be cool. It’s me Austin! The office assistant auditions, and so on.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

GolfHole posted:

the same way we're always marks, they're always carnies

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i think he's just an old carnie racist who was smart enough to just say it out loud for the most part. most racists arent saying slurs 24/7 and dressing up in klan robes

Carnies and Evangelical churches have some striking similarities.

I recall Hogan talking on Bubba's show about the kid that Nick nearly killed in the auto accident. They had tape of Hogan saying that if Nick's friend had been Christian then maybe he would have not been harmed in the crash. I think it was recordings of Hulk talking to Nick while he was in jail.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Cartoon Man posted:

An effort post about some of the famous WWE memes would be cool. It’s me Austin! The office assistant auditions, and so on.

What else is there?

- It's me Austin!
- Office assistant auditions
- Undertaker behind AJ Styles
- Cornette face
- Cody's rubber chicken

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Stand up for WWE

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Was looking for some memes but came upon this one which is on topic.

https://i.imgur.com/I8m8X0N.gifv

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

queering doesnt make the world work... yet here he is doing a work. interesting

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They actually recreated that for the ‘98 Halloween Havoc match but for some reason nobody mentions it.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

warriors getting fokked

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Cartoon Man posted:

what a maneuver

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
What a finisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gavok posted: