Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Fun facts are illegal in 39 states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
greek dog chat: i love that the word cynical just means 'dog like' and the cynics were probably just reclaiming a word thrown at diogenes as an insult and now the word is basically a cross language auto antonym. Also noone really knows how greeks pronounced words, at least the initial sounds in them so who cares go buck wild say em however you want

Jezza of OZPOS has a new favorite as of 21:50 on Jul 24, 2023

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I saw a Yelp review for a place in Arizona, one of those "pay money and look at the bears we have in captivity" things...and the reviewer was mad that the bears were all asleep during their visit. Like, I don't know what you want the manager to do, throw things at them until they wake up?

InediblePenguin posted:

Trying to demonize or make it weird for people to offer water /drinks to laborers in record heat, just to be lovely and make (brown) people miserable and unsafe... I wish heat exhaustion upon her

Oh my god, that didn't even cross my mind. :ohdear: What an evil thing to do for clout...

:lmao:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Serperoth posted:

What a world we live in, where cops work construction

If it was cops they would claim they had been poisoned because someone drove past with fentanyl in their car and they died of bad vibes

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Read After Burning posted:

I saw a Yelp review for a place in Arizona, one of those "pay money and look at the bears we have in captivity" things...and the reviewer was mad that the bears were all asleep during their visit. Like, I don't know what you want the manager to do, throw things at them until they wake up?

Oh my god, that didn't even cross my mind. :ohdear: What an evil thing to do for clout...

:lmao:

If it makes you feel better there's equal odds that it's an attempt to cover for the heat related injuries and deaths working people are suffering after states have repealed laws requiring water breaks!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/construction-worker-accused-drugs-died-heatstroke-working-hot-texas-su-rcna95565
It very much sounds like a game of telephone about this story from last year, where a construction worker began showing signs of heat stroke and was accused of being on drugs.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

BioEnchanted posted:

Also cerberus, which was actually pronounced "Kehr-behr-oos" iirc and not "Surburus" actually translates to Spotted, so Hades just has a dog named Spot.
Care Bear Us

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

But was the fentanyl vaxxed? :ohdear:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It actually reminds me of when I was watching Cardcaptor Sakura as a kid but never got to the full reveal of full powered Kero - his full name was Keroberos, so I think it was meant to be Cerberus but using Japanese syllables. I just didn't put it together until watching it online years later.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

BioEnchanted posted:

It actually reminds me of when I was watching Cardcaptor Sakura as a kid but never got to the full reveal of full powered Kero - his full name was Keroberos, so I think it was meant to be Cerberus but using Japanese syllables. I just didn't put it together until watching it online years later.

It was the scariest Daemon of them all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerberos_(protocol)

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Kerberos is hell to debug, but I am very fond of it because wherever I work I seem to be the only person who understands it at all. When it works, it turns invisible.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Got banned from a discord for making fun of this idiot:

It was a response to this innocuous image:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Air Skwirl posted:

I could give you a dozen better dog names than "Max"

I once knew a Malamute named Max and he was badly trained. He ate a light bulb, disposable razors, a whole Robin, too many ketchup packets, a giant glob of wasabi, an 1/8th of good weed, used feminine hygiene products, whatever would come out of the garbage can if he could pry it open, etc. He wasn't starving or anything. Just liked to eat stuff.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Hell, same

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

TontoCorazon posted:

"the likely female scientists"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

my dude your screen name is a vidja game

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Desert Bus posted:

I once knew a Malamute named Max and he was badly trained. He ate a light bulb, disposable razors, a whole Robin, too many ketchup packets, a giant glob of wasabi, an 1/8th of good weed, used feminine hygiene products, whatever would come out of the garbage can if he could pry it open, etc. He wasn't starving or anything. Just liked to eat stuff.

Max was also the name of the stupidest Dachshund I've ever known, and that's saying something.

killa-pope
May 21, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

If it makes you feel better there's equal odds that it's an attempt to cover for the heat related injuries and deaths working people are suffering after states have repealed laws requiring water breaks!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/construction-worker-accused-drugs-died-heatstroke-working-hot-texas-su-rcna95565
It very much sounds like a game of telephone about this story from last year, where a construction worker began showing signs of heat stroke and was accused of being on drugs.

It’s ridiculously common. My wife is a paralegal and did work on one side of a kinda similar case. The way people (re: cops, cynical healthcare professionals) will jump to drug assumptions is sad but not surprising.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Literally the only guys I know who drink black coffee - outside of espresso which I'm sure this dude doesn't qualify as black coffee - all suck dick.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Platystemon posted:

Give the hounds short names, so as to be able to call to them easily. The following are the right sort: Psyche, Thymus, Porpax, Styrax, Lonchê, Lochus, Phrura, Phylax, Taxis, Xiphon, Phonax, Phlegon, Alcê, Teuchon, Hyleus, Medas, Porthon, Sperchon, Orgê, Bremon, Hybris, Thallon, Rhomê, Antheus, Hebe, Getheus, Chara, Leusson, Augo, Polys, Bia, Stichon, Spudê, Bryas, Oenas, Sterrus, Craugê, Caenon, Tyrbas, Sthenon, Aether, Actis, Aechmê, Noes, Gnomê, Stibon, Hormê

In rough translation,

Psyche, Pluck, Buckler, Spigot, Lance, Lurcher, Watch, Keeper, Brigade, Fencer, Butcher, Blazer, Prowess, Craftsman, Foster, Counselor, Spoiler, Hurry, Fury, Growler, Riot, Bloomer, Rome, Blossom, Hebe, Hilary, Jollity, Glazer, Eyebright, Much, Force, Trooper, Bustle, Bubbler, Rockdove, Stubborn, Yelp, Killer, Strongboy, Sky, Sunbeam, Bodkin, Wistful, Gnome, Tracks, Dash.

If this is the medieval book of dog names I'm thinking of, it recommends you name your terrier Terry

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

TontoCorazon posted:

My "opinion" of this factual study -- whose methods were published and I could just read -- is a bunch of poo poo I just made up in my head because it's how I imagine it would go if a bunch of dumb FEMALES tried to do science (manly). Just picturing the girl who laughed at me in high school plugging brain scanning equipment in and then going like "he didn't say 'amaze-balls', he must not be that stoked" and drawing conclusions entirely based on vibes.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Inceltown posted:

Literally the only guys I know who drink black coffee - outside of espresso which I'm sure this dude doesn't qualify as black coffee - all suck dick.

Are they also named Max?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Desert Bus posted:

Are they also named Max?

Max Richard.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Strongboy is an S tier dog name.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Inceltown posted:

Lemme add an anecdata point.
Hi everybody, I'm a middle aged cis-het white guy who likes black dark roast without any additives. I carry a purse, cry maybe a little more often than I would like to, and don't find men attractive.
:sludgepal:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

It does not matter one bit how you drink your coffee. Drink it black or with cream/milk/mayo who cares

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

equal parts milk and Malört

hack the planet

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Platystemon posted:

“Max” is a dog’s name.

Silly, that's Sam, Max is the lagomorph.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

kazil posted:

It does not matter one bit how you drink your coffee. Drink it black or with cream/milk/mayo who cares

I'd agree, but that "olive oil in coffee" poo poo Starbucks tried to invent looks FOUL.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Silly, that's Sam, Max is the hyperkinetic rabbity-thing.

:colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Read After Burning posted:

I'd agree, but that "olive oil in coffee" poo poo Starbucks tried to invent looks FOUL.

I don't understand this poo poo, it sounds nasty as hell

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Air Skwirl posted:

If I remember right, the CEO of Starbucks learned that an alleged common thing in Italy is for folks to have a spoonful of olive oil a day, for their health (I cannot speak to whether this is actually a Thing). His coked-out caffeine-addled brain thought "Americans have coffee daily, so why not combine the two?!"

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Inceltown posted:

Pretty sure that's some confirmation bias.

I drink mine black because I'm lactose intolerant and coffee shits are bad enough without dairy shits on top of it.

Dudes are pretty tho so idk

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Air Skwirl posted:

The creamer industry is worth 18 billion dollars and is largely soy and vegetable oil and high fructose corn syrup, and people already think of olive oil as the luxury cooking oil.
I can see pitching coffee with olive oil as both a premium and health item -especially if it's in place of the syrup and other creamer pumps.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I'm a super manly man and I drink my coffee black because I cut off most sugar from my life

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
"Some people are actually better drivers when they're drunk, because they're more careful." A thing a drunk person once told me at a a party, thankfully they did not drive themself home.
https://twitter.com/fireh9lly/status/1683585289468493824?s=20

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

TontoCorazon posted:

I'm a super manly man and I drink my coffee black because I cut off most sugar from my life

I'm so out of it for the first hour of my day that I just need sustenance. Black coffee and plain oatmeal it is.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i drink bullet proof coffee.

coffee in a bullet proof cup with pieces of a bullet proof vest.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bullet proof coffee is the one with butter, right? I understand adding butter to coffee, it's basically really thick milk. Olive oil coffee is just really loving weird, it's a completely different fat source.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Air Skwirl posted:

Bullet proof coffee is the one with butter, right? I understand adding butter to coffee, it's basically really thick milk. Olive oil coffee is just really loving weird, it's a completely different fat source.

A lot more butter than you'd think. Like, a LOT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Air Skwirl posted:

"Some people are actually better drivers when they're drunk, because they're more careful." A thing a drunk person once told me at a a party, thankfully they did not drive themself home.
https://twitter.com/fireh9lly/status/1683585289468493824?s=20

So it's impossible to say if it's bad or not