Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

MotU posted:

like it should have been this

we somehow diverged from the prophecy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
after getting MFE every single hard mode run i finally got a kromer. jeez, the difference

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ariamaki posted:

I love how people will go out of their way to massively overpraise and hype up Impending Day and then get incredibly sad as soon as something says [On Krill Kill]. Ryoshu's base EGO replacer looks like it will serve a good role and, if the costs aren't too high, the Overclocked version might be an interesting angle.

[On Kill] is still in fact bad, unfortunately. That said Soda Ryoshu probably has a niche as an occasional mirror dungeon finisher so it's not worthless. And it's better than Forest's complete dogshit passive that just gives her 5% more damage for 1 turn

Do people really hype up Impending Day? It's like the most nothing EGO

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yinlock posted:

[On Kill] is still in fact bad, unfortunately. That said Soda Ryoshu probably has a niche as an occasional mirror dungeon finisher so it's not worthless. And it's better than Forest's complete dogshit passive that just gives her 5% more damage for 1 turn

Impending Day was extremely strong in Railway 1 for building up ego resources quickly.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Yinlock posted:

Impending Day best EGO

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

Impending Day was extremely strong in Railway 1 for building up ego resources quickly.

Oh that makes sense. In railway you generally end up with 5 billion of every resource by the end either way but I guess it's decent for LTC stuff

e:

Colin Mockery posted:

I use Impending Day a lot for dropping NClair's sanity when needed, especially if there's a clash I need to win. Lifetime Stew I find a little iffy, because you can't clash with it and the burn on Tails Hit makes me nervous. If I'm not paying enough attention, he'll corrode and I really don't want to gently caress up my entire party from a little bit of inattention, whereas my team can usually survive if I gently caress up and Impending Day myself just once.

That's more it being a single-hit TETH EGO than the EGO itself though, which is what I mean when I call it a big ol nothing.

Also I agree that it's better when Sinclair corrodes but the soup is funnier. IMO if he's corroding then something's probably going wrong anyway unless you've really been going ham on the S3s

the soup is a useful training tool to teach you how far you can push things, you're a lot more careful when he's gonna murder half your team if you gently caress up

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 25, 2023

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Yinlock posted:

I use Impending Day a lot for dropping NClair's sanity when needed, especially if there's a clash I need to win. Lifetime Stew I find a little iffy, because you can't clash with it and the burn on Tails Hit makes me nervous. If I'm not paying enough attention, he'll corrode and I really don't want to gently caress up my entire party from a little bit of inattention, whereas my team can usually survive if I gently caress up and Impending Day myself just once.

EDIT: ^ For MD2 Hard, if you don't get a resource generating gift relatively early, then things can get a little tight with EGO resources. I tend to open with EGO attacks on the first turn of a battle, to try and get a couple turn 1 staggers in to give myself better action economy.

Yinlock posted:

That's more it being a single-hit TETH EGO than the EGO itself though, which is what I mean when I call it a big ol nothing.

Yeah, that's totally fair. But it's the only Sinclair single-hit TETH EGO, which makes it the best one by default. :eng101:

I do think it's valuable to build yourself a team that can auto MD2 with minimal attention, though, just to make grinding as low effort as possible. That's a valuable niche even if it means your team is weaker overall (against stuff like Railway or other manual fights). For that, NClair with Impending Day, NFaust with Fluid Sac, and Ryoshu with a sub Chef Gregor (for the chip damage healing and the boosted Rustle Up passive) have been pretty good to me, whereas I don't pick up RIshmael until floor 4/5, assuming I get some charge-based EGO gifts, because I just never notice I hosed up a Mind Whip until one of my guys dies and I have to redo the battle.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 25, 2023

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Colin Mockery posted:

EDIT: ^ For MD2 Hard, if you don't get a resource generating gift relatively early, then things can get a little tight with EGO resources. I tend to open with EGO attacks on the first turn of a battle, to try and get a couple turn 1 staggers in to give myself better action economy.

Yeah, that's totally fair. But it's the only Sinclair single-hit TETH EGO, which makes it the best one by default. :eng101:

EDIT: Never mind, completely misremembered the targeting on Lifetime Stew. I blame Don's Stew targeting the highest-HP target on corrosion.

Anyway, Impending Day's passive is better than most on kill effects, but that's just because it's a passive that applies to all of his attacks for the rest of the fight and you don't have to line up specific attacks on specific enemies. Instead you can just play normally and make your resources back over the course of your average multi-wave fight with a reasonable amount of micro.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jul 25, 2023

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Wouldn't it be better to use Lifetime Stew, then? Because the corroded version always targets the character with the highest health, which is either an enemy or the person who (barring bad resistance matchups) is least likely to get murdered by getting hit by a stray EGO.

Anyway, Impending Day's passive is better than most on kill effects, but that's just because it's a passive that applies to all of his attacks for the rest of the fight and you don't have to line up specific attacks on specific enemies. Instead you can just play normally and make your resources back over the course of your average multi-wave fight with a reasonable amount of micro.

No, because we're assuming you're in a fight where the enemies are challenging enough that you're already relying on EGO skills to win clashes.

If NClair goes before them and you stagger a character who was meant to clash, then that character's going to get hosed up by whoever they just failed to clash against. And if they go second, they might hit a character who's close to their stagger threshold, and then you've got a staggered character next turn.

This might change with the right-side MD2 buff that removes the first stagger threshold for all your characters, though.

edit: Oh lmao nevermind I didn't even remember that it targeted the weaker ones. Either way my point boils down to "if you're in trouble, even just staggering an ally instead of outright killing them is real bad and might swing the tide of battle against you".

The animation when it's corroded is so fun though...

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 25, 2023

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
:colbert: Impending day is great because I forget about it until Nclair corrupts and blows up heathcliff in a single hit and it makes me laugh every time

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

lmao that there's an extremely angry whale in this thread who gets pissed that people rightly point out this is a predatory gacha, just like all the rest, generous to F2P or not. The next level of character upgrade will be even worse, even more expensive, worse to F2P people, that's how these gachas go. Gachas don't deserve defense from anyone! At least recognize that much - I play FGO, hell I even spend money on it, but I'd never defend their practices, and Project Moon is not some kind company that needs to be defended against unjust claims - they gave up that label the moment they decided to go with the gacha model instead of just releasing a regular game. They're as scummy as any other gacha team, as bad as Lasengle/Typemoon, miHoYo or Square Enix.

(Edit) On that note, surely this thread belongs in the mobile games forum with others of its type, right? Good to have that gambling addiction warning thread there for games like this, y'know.

Jack Van Burace fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 25, 2023

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Pigbuster posted:

No one mentioned the most substantive complaint: that Boatworks Sinclair is a reference to male slavery because he's wearing a choker

Oh god, I thought this was just a random shitpost until I opened reddit today. :cripes:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Jack Van Burace posted:

(Edit) On that note, surely this thread belongs in the mobile games forum with others of its type, right? Good to have that gambling addiction warning thread there for games like this, y'know.

Not really? This is a catchall Project Moon thread, and has been since before Limbus was out. Limbus just muddied where this thread goes to an extent.

It’s also not the only gacha thread outside Mobile Games but I don’t remember what the other ones are. (e: it was Honkai Star Rail).

Also Limbus has a dedicated PC client, so it’s… mobile-optional, I guess you’d call it?

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

We've even had people come and post about Ruina recently, even. It was only for a few posts, but it was there.

Limbus isn't even in the OP, so if there is to be a change I'd say adding it and adding a gambling warning to it specifically would be more suitable given the purpose of the thread, assuming the poster is still active.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Jack Van Burace posted:

lmao that there's an extremely angry whale in this thread who gets pissed that people rightly point out this is a predatory gacha, just like all the rest, generous to F2P or not. The next level of character upgrade will be even worse, even more expensive, worse to F2P people, that's how these gachas go. Gachas don't deserve defense from anyone! At least recognize that much - I play FGO, hell I even spend money on it, but I'd never defend their practices, and Project Moon is not some kind company that needs to be defended against unjust claims - they gave up that label the moment they decided to go with the gacha model instead of just releasing a regular game. They're as scummy as any other gacha team, as bad as Lasengle/Typemoon, miHoYo or Square Enix.

I don't think anyone's gone and defended the gacha so much as there was some quibbling about the motivations for some of the decisions made.

EDIT: Unless this was aimed at that post Ariamaki made in which case I didn't really read it so I might be wrong lol

Probe 17 fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 25, 2023

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

AweStriker posted:

Also Limbus has a dedicated PC client, so it’s… mobile-optional, I guess you’d call it?

The mobile client is frankly not very good and it feels like it was developed to be for a PC client first. Haven't we at least twice had bugs in the Android build so bad that it blocked progression? They've made improvements to the UI, for sure, but even click-dragging skill icons during abnormality fights is an exercise in frustration for me because sometimes the icon gets "stuck" and I can't easily get it to snap onto the enemy skill I'm trying to make it clash against.

I like it fine for dailies and anything you can autobattle, and it's definitely convenient to whip out a phone to convert energy into enkephalin boxes, but otherwise... meh.

When Railway was out, and for my first run of MDHard, I did all my fighting in the Steam client instead, because it's so much nicer for things like "clicking on skill effects", "hovering over stuff", and so on.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Jack Van Burace posted:

Okay so like... most days, I would probably be nodding in agreement. Gachas don't need anyone's protection. Here's the thing:

Currently, weird SK gamergater-equivalents have gotten really loving pissed about Swimsuit Ish, and decided to do the usual thing wherein they review bomb everything, rant about a bunch of quasi-legitimate issues even as they're getting addressed realtime (oh but they wouldn't have been addressed if we weren't complaining, you see! funny how no matter what they were always right to do it.), and have moved on to sending protest letters to the estates of the writers of the books and trying to cause some kind of mass protest to get the main CG artist fired because 'she might be a feminist based on some poo poo she said 10 years ago, maybe,' all in what is basically a transparent attempt to inflict as much pain as possible to something that they don't like because it doesn't cater to their whims how they like. They are attempting to ruin the livelihood of someone over Botes Ish and Sinclair.

Given that context, currently, I feel like protecting Project Moon is probably okay, and maybe we should revisit the eternal gacha arguments in a week or two. But that is, ultimately, just my opinion. I might just be having an acute allergic reaction to an incredible amount of idiocy today.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
is this a gacha game? i havent rolled the gacha in months, i just use boxes for shards

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
It is, apparently, quite literally the SK equivalent of 4channers responsible for the review bombing, in case we were all wondering how shameful this whole thing was.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

MotU posted:

is this a gacha game? i havent rolled the gacha in months, i just use boxes for shards

i havent successfully pulled a 000 or EGO from the gacha since wetcliff came out, despite using all my free lunacy, but im sitting on over 1100 nom boxes from mirror dungeons and whatnot, so im starting to lean towards spending my lunacy on daily stam refills and switching to boxes for everything instead of pulling too, tbh

the only thing stopping me from buying spicebush yi-sang right now is that im waiting for more seasonals to come out before i use my guaranteed 000 season 2 ticket, and i wouldnt wanna pull it as a dupe

edit: v I think for gacha games, it makes sense to discourage people from encouraging others (or themselves bragging about) to whale out just to buy more pulls for getting someone from a limited banner, because that kind of "just keep spending money for a chance to get this special character" encouragement is not good for people, but i really don't think this thread encourages people to whale for pulls because the return on investment for that is just... bad, especially compared to the once-per-season battle pass purchase that just rains tons and tons of shard boxes on you and lets you skip pulling altogether

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jul 25, 2023

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
The thing about gacha game arguments is that they've been had so many times before that I could not, and will not, give much thought about reading any of them for or against, and everyone who's been through it already knows the score so it is kind of pointless to hash it out, to me.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

MotU posted:

At this point, I'm ready to just start an LP with the objective to beat each Canto with the base unit just to prove a point.

The only thing that stop me is work, me already writing some stuff on the side and BuffNemo I need to finish before the end of the LoR LP. The fact that I don't know how to do a LP doesn't help.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Jack Van Burace posted:

Recognizing that gacha's are predatory only gives you the high ground if you then stop rewarding their behavior, you're just differently stupid for continuing to speak with your wallet. That also makes you a jackass for thinking you're better than anyone.

As for moving to mobile games, report the op or something. It's not like mobile games are the only gachas, and hopefully eventually this thread will talk about new non-mobile games, but it's no skin off my back where this thread is.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
If you're spending more than 10.99/season for the battlepass (or local equivalent amount) then you're getting way more than you actually need, tbh... but they REALLY want to make everyone get that 10.99 battle pass.

I'm still getting both of the monthly passes to the tune of ~10bux/month, but that's because I'm treating the game like a patreon for project moon and just shoving money at them to go KEEP MAKING poo poo I LIKE.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

A Bystander posted:

The thing about gacha game arguments is that they've been had so many times before that I could not, and will not, give much thought about reading any of them for or against, and everyone who's been through it already knows the score so it is kind of pointless to hash it out, to me.

i wasn't aware there were arguments for gacha games, the closest thing I see is usually arguments for tolerating one

though there are some gacha-brained people who complain that the game isn't quite exploitative enough for some reason, but they're weird

RandomReader posted:

Recognizing that gacha's are predatory only gives you the high ground if you then stop rewarding their behavior, you're just differently stupid for continuing to speak with your wallet. That also makes you a jackass for thinking you're better than anyone.

As for moving to mobile games, report the op or something. It's not like mobile games are the only gachas, and hopefully eventually this thread will talk about new non-mobile games, but it's no skin off my back where this thread is.

nah it's completely fine to recognize that gacha is predatory and make fun of anyone who tries to defend the business model even if you participate in it.

TeeQueue posted:

If you're spending more than 10.99/season for the battlepass (or local equivalent amount) then you're getting way more than you actually need, tbh... but they REALLY want to make everyone get that 10.99 battle pass.

I'm still getting both of the monthly passes to the tune of ~10bux/month, but that's because I'm treating the game like a patreon for project moon and just shoving money at them to go KEEP MAKING poo poo I LIKE.

I bought lunacy now and again early on but have since learned self-control and now just do the battle pass and one of the monthly lunacy delivery things

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 25, 2023

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

TeeQueue posted:

With the battlepass and the ability to grind anything (though not all things without more dosh) Limbus seems more like a subscription mmo game, with the optional gacha hell of infinite depth for whale catching.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I don't like that Limbus is a gacha, but it's by Project Moon which means I still like it a whole lot, is my take. Sure, I'd likely like it more if it wasn't, for the obvious reasons, and also because stuff like substantive balance changes are hard to impossible in a game like this (imagine if we'd been stuck with the initial Key Page system for Ruina that we had in early access), and also because the gacha community has such a substantial element of batshit insane people. Watch the Korean fanbase rent a truck to park in front of PM's office because one of the illustrators is a woman or whatever the gently caress they're on about currently.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I don't think anyone itt has any idea about the finances of PM with relations to LC - if it is profitable or not, if they're hitting their "fund next game" metrics or not, if they're swimming in cash or living hand to mouth. Nobody in this thread knows jack and poo poo about that.

So whenever I see someone say that PM has to do something for financial reasons? big lol.

Tangentially,

Ariamaki posted:

If you're binging and overstuffing yourself, that is not the game's fault. You're pacing yourself poorly, and should aim to correct for that instead of blaming the system.

When it comes to how players experience games the developers are Gods who control all systems and incentives. It's insane to me we still have people going "oh, you're grinding? in a game with systems and outcomes that incentivize grinding? are you stupid?" ITYOOL2023, or that other lame chestnut of "well IIII didn't feel like I had to do it!". Yes, the SYSTEM (and by extension, the design behind it) is to blame for how players experience and interact with it. When the (new) X-Com devs realized that the pod-based combat incentivized creeping single-square overwatch that slowed the game to a crawl and was decidedly unfun (but super safe and optimal) they didn't go "well you're stupid to do this if it makes the game unfun, idiots", they thought about it and put in a mission timer to minimize the incentives to do that poo poo.

------------------

Goes without saying, but SK chuds can gently caress off.

darkfenrir
Sep 29, 2021
I still think it'll be better if PM thinks for a second to make the game takes less time for daily grind and any other grind PLeASE. 😬😬

I still haven't done md2 hard (which looks like to be as long as 3 md2 normal run, so same difference I guess?) Because it looks genuinely too hard. I'm into their game for story and with every update it feels like they don't really want people to be just get into the game for story ngl. 🥹🥹 You have to grind to get most stuff (unless you just lucksack in pulls and I can say that as someone with barebones luck... It sucks. Took me 200 pulls to get rose rodion (thank god for pity but they release a character every week so 💀)

Overall really idk. Right now the only reason I stick to this game (and pay BP) is because it's PM but at this rate I know I'll reach that broke the camel's back or whatever the saying is :s

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KazigluBey posted:

I don't think anyone itt has any idea about the finances of PM with relations to LC - if it is profitable or not, if they're hitting their "fund next game" metrics or not, if they're swimming in cash or living hand to mouth. Nobody in this thread knows jack and poo poo about that.

So whenever I see someone say that PM has to do something for financial reasons? big lol.

Tangentially,

When it comes to how players experience games the developers are Gods who control all systems and incentives. It's insane to me we still have people going "oh, you're grinding? in a game with systems and outcomes that incentivize grinding? are you stupid?" ITYOOL2023, or that other lame chestnut of "well IIII didn't feel like I had to do it!". Yes, the SYSTEM (and by extension, the design behind it) is to blame for how players experience and interact with it. When the (new) X-Com devs realized that the pod-based combat incentivized creeping single-square overwatch that slowed the game to a crawl and was decidedly unfun (but super safe and optimal) they didn't go "well you're stupid to do this if it makes the game unfun, idiots", they thought about it and put in a mission timer to minimize the incentives to do that poo poo.

All I really know is that it made a million fairly early on which was way more than PM ever expected which is why the financial reasons thing always rings hollow to me.

Ariamaki posted:

If you're binging and overstuffing yourself, that is not the game's fault. You're pacing yourself poorly, and should aim to correct for that instead of blaming the system.

lol are you some kind of Gacha Gourmet. you have to SAVOR the grind, let the aroma of video game chores permeate the room

i think you're starting to take your fondness for this video game in an unhealthy direction and should maybe take a step back for a moment and reorient yourself

darkfenrir posted:

I still think it'll be better if PM thinks for a second to make the game takes less time for daily grind and any other grind PLeASE. 😬😬

I still haven't done md2 hard (which looks like to be as long as 3 md2 normal run, so same difference I guess?) Because it looks genuinely too hard. I'm into their game for story and with every update it feels like they don't really want people to be just get into the game for story ngl. 🥹🥹 You have to grind to get most stuff (unless you just lucksack in pulls and I can say that as someone with barebones luck... It sucks. Took me 200 pulls to get rose rodion (thank god for pity but they release a character every week so 💀)

Overall really idk. Right now the only reason I stick to this game (and pay BP) is because it's PM but at this rate I know I'll reach that broke the camel's back or whatever the saying is :s

MD2 Hard takes less grinding overall since you only need to do one run and you're done for the week, so of course it was balanced around doing 50+ normal runs beforehand

The gacha business model demands grind for some degree, something has to constantly be juuust out of reach to tempt people into spending bucks. Even the pity system is mostly so you spend just a bit more to get that ID. I went up to like 170 pulls on Rosedion myself before I forcibly pulled myself back from the Whale Abyss

My best advice is just do a 10 pull or two on a new banner if you like it, the daily pulls on things you want and shard things you absolutely must have if you don't get them after a while.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jul 25, 2023

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Yinlock posted:

All I really know is that it made a million fairly early on which was way more than PM ever expected which is why the financial reasons thing always rings hollow to me.

To be absolutely clear I hope this game is a smashing success and all of PM's devs are dining on lobster and caviar on the reg. Although as a side-note based on what people have been saying about the utterly unhinged SK gacha fans, I wonder how it all balances out for PM.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KazigluBey posted:

To be absolutely clear I hope this game is a smashing success and all of PM's devs are dining on lobster and caviar on the reg. Although as a side-note based on what people have been saying about the utterly unhinged SK gacha fans, I wonder how it all balances out for PM.

Most people who actually like gacha games as a system tend to be weird and stockholmy but SK gacha fans seem uhhhhh somewhat more intense

e: though I guess it gets results considering PM seems terrified of them. I mean I would be too tbf

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 25, 2023

darkfenrir
Sep 29, 2021

Yinlock posted:

MD2 Hard takes less grinding overall since you only need to do one run and you're done for the week, so of course it was balanced around doing 50+ normal runs beforehand

The gacha business model demands grind for some degree, something has to constantly be juuust out of reach to tempt people into spending bucks. Even the pity system is mostly so you spend just a bit more to get that ID. I went up to like 170 pulls on Rosedion myself before I forcibly pulled myself back from the Whale Abyss

My best advice is just do the daily pulls on things you want and shard things you absolutely must have.

Well yeah it takes less time after [however many weeks to finish the bonuses]. But the thing is again, is to just let the daily/weekly grind less... Annoying? Time and attention consuming?

Like had a forced vacation with office and man, Limbus is the most annoying because I can't leave it to auto while I shower or somesuch and my time was so filled with things I can't really do it.

Why do they have to make skipping stages take double enke... :(

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

darkfenrir posted:

Well yeah it takes less time after [however many weeks to finish the bonuses]. But the thing is again, is to just let the daily/weekly grind less... Annoying? Time and attention consuming?

Like had a forced vacation with office and man, Limbus is the most annoying because I can't leave it to auto while I shower or somesuch and my time was so filled with things I can't really do it.

Why do they have to make skipping stages take double enke... :(

Yeah I was pointing out how absurd it is that the lesser-grinding option is balanced around a shitload of grinding beforehand

Modules aren't too difficult to stockpile, just log on a couple times a day for a few seconds to make some and you should be able to break even fairly easily. I always skip the Thread lux but do the EXP one since it fulfills the 10 kill daily

darkfenrir
Sep 29, 2021

Yinlock posted:

Yeah I was pointing out how absurd it is that the lesser-grinding option is balanced around a shitload of grinding beforehand

Modules aren't too difficult to stockpile, just log on a couple times a day for a few seconds to make some and you should be able to break even fairly easily. I always skip the Thread lux but do the EXP one since it fulfills the 10 kill daily

I have been stockpiling them up to 500+ rn so I probably should do more skips aha. 😗😗 Have been doing it on the longer Thread fights tho (like the one who revives themselves, the claydoll one and such)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ariamaki posted:

if you're going to take a month-long break from the game then it's not like you're trying to stay on some meaningless cutting edge so... Why? What's the point of doing those two diametrically opposed things back to back?
cause i like the characters so i want my fave IDs to feel stronger. the grind (the thing they clearly expect you to do because they reward you for it and put popups in the game telling you to do it) feels kinda repetitive. idk whats going on with review bombing or w/e. sorry for very mild criticism.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 25, 2023

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I wish new Don was a bit stronger but maybe I'm not using her right. Not that she's bad.

Still glad I got her, she's cool and I'm glad to see happy Don.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

darkfenrir posted:

I have been stockpiling them up to 500+ rn so I probably should do more skips aha. 😗😗 Have been doing it on the longer Thread fights tho (like the one who revives themselves, the claydoll one and such)

yeah if you have 500+ you can burn them for a good while without worry. I hover around 90 or so, with more or less depending on how hard i feel like hitting the thread lux

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
currently obsessed with this Library of Ruina X Rhythm Heaven remix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38EDWrafX9g

e: spoilers for encounters in Ruina of all types and times in the story!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Endorph posted:

idk whats going on with review bombing or w/e.

If you're actually curious, the short version is that South Korean anti-feminists are lunatics who will hound someone to the edge of the earth if they think they did something wrong. Like be a female artist who drew a lady in a wetsuit instead of a lady with her tits out, or insert extremely oblique crypto-feminist messages into your game that only the most obsessive MRAs can see.