Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

N:

V:
This Buck Fucks

alternatively,
At Least He Scored Once in the Past Year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Y’all are acting like Shohei isn’t going to go play with his boy Seiya and club dingers with Mervis for the next ten years :smuggo:

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I would like to think that Shohei was walking around during the all star break with his shirt off randomly popping body builder poses in the clubhouse.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
The off-season will be a circus of ludicrous offers which ultimately ends with Ohtani signing with the Twins on a 1 year, $100 million deal (for reasons which have yet to reveal themselves). It will come with a player option for 2025 worth $75 million, which also has a midseason opt out on May 1st.

I dunno how this isn't obvious to everyone, but I guess in time y'all will come to accept it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

"Entertaining" the trade scenarios, that's fine. Have a sensible chuckle AND THEN GIVE HIM A BILLION DOLLARS

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

I would like to think that Shohei was walking around during the all star break with his shirt off randomly popping body builder poses in the clubhouse.

He likes to wear this sleeveless tight shirt in practice that shows his shoulders and lats. Dude looks like he could model

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Kilometers Davis posted:

The official MLB app is really good and has handy notifications like game starts and lineup cards.

Good call, this has everything I need.

more falafel please posted:

I use one on iOS called "Sports Alerts" which is an extremely generic name but it's pretty good. I wish it had international baseball leagues, but otherwise it's good.

I was on board until the TikTok video ad I couldn't close.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bregor posted:

Y’all are acting like Shohei isn’t going to go play with his boy Seiya and club dingers with Mervis for the next ten years :smuggo:

Cody slapping singles, Merv Mashing, Ohtani crushing dongs onto Waveland, Morel forever stuck hitting solo shots, Seiya hitting balls 110 right to the defender between getting backwards K'd from a pitch half a foot off the plate.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think it's cool when the Twins win

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It was a given, the M's were a game over .500

e:

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1683678867863531520

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1683642695753797632

:lol:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
That loving rules. You can still see it on the scoreboard in the video, too. Ha

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

N: Aroldis Chapman blew a 3-run lead against the Astros

V: owns

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Devil Magic is back.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

No Safe Word posted:

Aroldis Chapman giving up game-changing homers to Astros is practically a meme at this point. I continue to be utterly baffled at Texas making that trade, there’s literally no upside to it for them.

Couldn’t have happened to a bigger piece of poo poo though, gently caress Chapman forever. Can’t wait to see how many more he gives up.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I continue to be utterly baffled at Texas making that trade, there’s literally no upside to it for them.

He’s been one of the absolute best relievers in the league this year and has been great since being traded to the Rangers. One blowup doesn’t change the fact that he’s been rock solid consistent the entire season.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I completely agree which is why they should play him in the next two games.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

No Safe Word posted:

:hmmyes:

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
:rip: a cubs legend.

https://twitter.com/NPB_Reddit/status/1683758402655391744?t=NAitlOsM737tOcqzkDYeRQ&s=19

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

live with fruit posted:

Not if they can get Cease or one of the M's' young pitchers back.

If the Reds get Dylan Cease for Jonathan India I will be very pissed at Mike Elias for not beating that offer

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

AndrewP posted:

If the Reds get Dylan Cease for Jonathan India I will be very pissed at Mike Elias for not beating that offer

:same:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The only fair return for cease is superstar pitcher Jose Quintana.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I think it's cool when the Twins win

Was there and sweat out what felt like about 2 gallons just sitting in the seats. Was there for Correa's walk off homer in June too :hmmyes:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/ogtedberg/status/1683493810184110082?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Happy 6th anniversary to the game where Lackey beaned 3 batters in one inning, Kris Bryant got his first career ejection, and Javy Baez struck out 5 times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POUw6ffOsTI

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Happy 6th anniversary to the game where Lackey beaned 3 batters in one inning, Kris Bryant got his first career ejection, and Javy Baez struck out 5 times.

That's enough of that... Lackey

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Links with Hawk Harrelson on commentary should have a warning

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This has to be the deadest trade deadline ever, right? We are less than a week out and so far we’ve had a couple of minor deals for relievers and that’s it

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

GMs always procrastinate at the deadline, this is nothing new

Red
Apr 15, 2003

bawfuls posted:

GMs always procrastinate at the deadline, this is nothing new

It gets wild the afternoon of the deadline, but it's typically quiet because so many teams are on the bubble.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

FlamingLiberal posted:

This has to be the deadest trade deadline ever, right? We are less than a week out and so far we’ve had a couple of minor deals for relievers and that’s it

the extra wild card plus the magnetic draw of the .500 mark means almost every team thinking they’re a potential buyer or at least not a seller (or alternately no one wants to give up cheap young talent for even slightly more expensive older talent because in theory it doesn’t take that much to pull the playoff lottery ticket)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There are several teams that should be selling that aren’t going to contend this year like the White Sox

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

FlamingLiberal posted:

people say this every year and then when we get close to the actual deadline we enter the deal zone

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

No Safe Word posted:

Those Titans unis suck not because they look bad but because it's stolen history

Why would we presume that history to "belong" to the city and not the franchise?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

General Dog posted:

Why would we presume that history to "belong" to the city and not the franchise?

Yeah I'm not bothered by it and I was the biggest Oiler fan back in the day. Let them rep the uni

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

General Dog posted:

Yeah I hear hockey people do the same poo poo when the Canes wear Hartford unis and it’s dumb as hell. Outside of the return of the Whalers which will literally never happen just let them use the franchise history. Better that more people are exposed to the glory of the Whale outside of watching Mallrats.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Twins and Rangers should do a Throwback night where they both wear Senators jerseys

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Its stupid when the team moves to another city and then changes its name as well. Why should they be considered the same team? Tennessee Titans are not the Houston Oilers. The Oilers died. Now if they were the Tennessee Oilers then you have an argument.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

AlbertFlasher posted:

Its stupid when the team moves to another city and then changes its name as well. Why should they be considered the same team? Tennessee Titans are not the Houston Oilers. The Oilers died. Now if they were the Tennessee Oilers then you have an argument.

They were the TN Oilers for a year, and I have the S. McNair jersey to prove it.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

AlbertFlasher posted:

lotta oil in them thar hills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AlbertFlasher posted:

Nah changing the team name is good especially when the old name is a reference to the area they no longer play in and has absolutely nothing to do with the new area, like the LA Lakers or the Utah Jazz