Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

zone posted:

Blaming cluster munitions for demolishing you, I can understand. But why is literally everything Shoigu's fault when it's down to brass tacks that you buffoons can't fight properly?
The reason they believe why they lost is because AFU gets to freely bombard them with arty, while their own is silent, and they cannot counterbattery properly. They blame this on Shoigu refusing to provide sufficient ammo.

The actual reason is that there isn't sufficient ammo to go around, and what little there is keeps getting himarsed/storm shadowed at the depots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
Q - some stupid altright/troll reddit thing
X - elon
Z - putin
V - also putin

Are there more than these?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Von Pluring posted:

X - elon
Z - putin
V - also putin

O is also used by some Puccian units as an identifying marker.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

This reminds me of BRICS and how they're saying it's just a local conflict. Which I guess it is even though almost all of Europe and the US is in on the effort. But I mean we should always remember that the war might not feel that big of a deal when looked at from elswhere.

Tuna-Fish posted:

The reason they believe why they lost is because AFU gets to freely bombard them with arty, while their own is silent, and they cannot counterbattery properly. They blame this on Shoigu refusing to provide sufficient ammo.

The actual reason is that there isn't sufficient ammo to go around, and what little there is keeps getting himarsed/storm shadowed at the depots.

Seems like the Russian army is incapable operations, just defence and churning. That's destructive, but it's not good war fighting.

I really hope European leaders are finally realizing they have to step up support for Ukraine, this needs to be ended soon.

Ass_Burgerer posted:

UUUuuugh.. Ok.

Finally looked it up, the limits are: 30kB max, up to 90x25px

The gif I was working with was 4 pixels too tall, so I had to take some more liberties and squish stuff down.

Here's the final, FINAL smilie: BEHOLD:

*cheff kiss*

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Von Pluring posted:

X - elon
Z - putin
V - also putin

Q might as well be Trump

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Von Pluring posted:

X - elon
Z - putin
V - also putin

We haven't lost H yet but you should give it a sideeye and if there's two of them it's time to bail

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tuna-Fish posted:

Shoigu! Gerasimov! Where's the ammo suka!!! :argh:

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Ass_Burgerer posted:

UUUuuugh.. Ok.

The gif I was working with was 4 pixels too tall, so I had to take some more liberties and squish stuff down.

:five:

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Von Pluring posted:

X - elon
Z - putin
V - also putin

P - tape

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Ass_Burgerer posted:

UUUuuugh.. Ok.

Excellent work!

W is still ok, right?

Oh wait....

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Ass_Burgerer posted:

UUUuuugh.. Ok.

This is beautiful. Thank you for your hard work.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Q got rode pretty hard, too
All my joy of my years of tagging things around the world with Qs taken from me in an instant

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Nelson Mandingo posted:

This is beautiful. Thank you for your hard work.

Yeah, honestly. You didn't need to tweak it any further yet you did and while I might be a passive observer for the most time I'd very much love this tag.

Piss poor because of ptsd but if there's a chance to show even passive support to a cause this would be one of those times I'd be delighted to do so.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

boofhead posted:

The youtube video by the Anders guy linked yesterday fits with my general take on the grain deal,

I think I'm developing early onset dementia, because I can't remember posting a video... Sure it wasn't posted by someone smarter than me?

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Anders posted:

I think I'm developing early onset dementia, because I can't remember posting a video... Sure it wasn't posted by someone smarter than me?

Sorry I meant this guy

https://youtu.be/fvPcPZP-6os

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Oldsmobile posted:

This reminds me of BRICS and how they're saying it's just a local conflict. Which I guess it is even though almost all of Europe and the US is in on the effort. But I mean we should always remember that the war might not feel that big of a deal when looked at from elswhere

"A few hundred thousands dead? Have you sent in the riot police yet?" - China

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Anders posted:

They mean this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvPcPZP-6os by Anders Puck Nielsen.
So you're not developing dementia. Though I'm not a doctor and this isn't medical advice.

E: beaten

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Q got rode pretty hard, too

introducing Qwitter for trun patriots only

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

RoyKeen posted:

They mean this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvPcPZP-6os by Anders Puck Nielsen.
So you're not developing dementia. Though I'm not a doctor and this isn't medical advice.

E: beaten
That doesn't mean they're not also developing dementia :colbert:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I mean the other context is that it's quite normal and presumably not considered embarrassing at all in much of the developing world for the military to be a total joke.

They're less capable of overthrowing the tinpot baron (rates as low as once a decade!!) and are still effective at their primary purpose, killing protestors.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1683840696292364294

quote:

The need for more meat.

The Russian State Duma adopted a bill that provides for raising the draft age to 30 years old (currently 27). Young people from 18 to 30 years old can thus be called up for military service. The law will come into force on January 1, 2024.

"This law was written for a big war, for general mobilization. And this already is a big war," deputy Andrey Kartapolov said.
Hey bozo, I thought it was supposed to be a special military operation and not a war? Someone arrest him for breaking the law

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It's weird that there are a ton of smilies that break those constraints, poo poo like :chaostrump: or :dafuq: are huge

I feel like no one should buy that smilie until we figure out why, we shouldn't have to compromise on a squished version

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Alan Smithee posted:

introducing Qwitter for trun patriots only

They would scream and yell WE ARE WINNERS BECAUSE WE ARE QWITTERS and the irony will be lost upon them

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Toxic Mental posted:

Still waiting on the admins

i wouldn't hold your breath

anyway i did the needful

:byetankie:

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Kith posted:

anyway i did the needful

Nice! Thank you for your contribution to our noble posting cause!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

shitposting is important

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Kith posted:

anyway i did the needful

:byetankie: It's a beauty to behold, many thanks. :worship:

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
:byetankie: haha

:sickos:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Kith posted:

anyway i did the needful

Beautiful, you're a gentlegoon and a scholar

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Kith posted:

anyway i did the needful

:agesilaus:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/kirlant/status/1683773683007991808

quote:

The amendment allows governors to create state-owned enterprises during "mobilization, military emergencies, or wartime to aid security forces in safeguarding the national borders, combating sabotage and reconnaissance groups, and illegal armed formations."

The decision to form and dissolve these military state-owned companies will rest with the President. The funding for these entities will come from both federal and regional budgets.

They will be equipped with combat firearms and ammunition, which must be returned after their disbandment. Employees of these state-owned military companies will be authorized to use physical force and firearms in the same situations as law enforcement personnel.

They will also be permitted to neutralize unmanned vehicles of all types – aerial, surface, subsurface, and transport.
What level of 5D chess do you call this? Looks like perfect conditions to trigger a revolt at any time if you ask me

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Private military company marches on russia but a deal is struck

1 month later

Lets allow russias different regions to have their own private military companies.

Genius idea!

*wonders why the 3 day operation is at day 510*

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Good stuff.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Do the winners usually need to privatize regional protection

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/ItsArtoir/status/1683871771840086017

And while monkee is fiddling with a PMC for every russian Oblast, krai, and autonomous region, milbloggers are in despair at the heavy losses of air defense and artillery, POCCNR's only current advantage.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/kirlant/status/1683773683007991808

What level of 5D chess do you call this? Looks like perfect conditions to trigger a revolt at any time if you ask me

If you want Fiefdoms, this is how you get fiefdoms. :commissar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

We've had one coup, yes. What about second coup?

Putschies?

Afternoon Z??