Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ohhhh Drew came back for the dream matches didn’t he

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
dirty dom

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rarity posted:

Imagine watching Raw when you could be watching Barbie and still have 45 mins free to whip up a nice curry

I've never had curry. What's it like?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

TheCool69 posted:

Not sure where else to post this but since title has Hitler on it and former WWF "name" and neo-nazi Tony Halme is featured in this, hell why not.

I was reading Observer Rewind 1995 and it had mention of "fake ufc" ppv event called Fight Zone... and my god we have the full show...

Basically it was sold as real underground fights but was actually stunt fights with fake blood and fake crowd (sound familiar?)

Hell Halme wins the match with DDT

But this poo poo is crazy awful good. 90 Van Damme fights, vagually racist gimmicks (latino street thug?) And truly awful commentating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH2VODfVmGI

I like the announcer calling every distinctly-pro-wrestling move a "body slam."

Manu walked out and oh my god this promo should have ended 2 literal minutes ago. It's so bad it owns. Holy poo poo.

This sucks so much. Thanks for sharing!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

bartok posted:

Flair and Hogan never really jelled in WCW. The matches were a little better with the roles reversed when Hogan turned heel but still not very good.

Yeah they never had great matches or feuds...but in WCW they drew actual money on ppv and some WCW's best buy rates at the time and WWF didn't when they could of

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

lol Sami got pinned off a distraction roll up.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Haha they didn’t even give him like two months out of the main even before he was shuffled off to NXT. It’s kinda sad how predictable Vince is.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

DeepDickPizza posted:

Guy helped get the company on a super hot streak and helped make Roman a draw nice to see how the company rewards him for this yup

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Edit: Actually I should just leave it at people should go back and watch the match. Charlotte hosed up during it but the perception of her colors a lot of what people think happened and when I rewatch I see her trying to protect Kairi while struggling with continuing the match and not someone taking liberties. I put way more of the blame on WWE and their insistence on not deviating and not having the refs help call things over Charlotte giving her some of the softest chair shots and a slap with the tips of her fingers. The powerbomb was dumb but even then they pulled it off safe and I'm sure they would have gotten hell backstage for missing a spot.

OK. Yes, WWE is a toxic bastard of a place to work, and a place that makes bastards. You will get no argument about that.

And maybe, (just maybe), what Charlotte did by manhandling a concussed woman and getting her poo poo in because she felt she had to to the point the other people in the match felt it necessary to protect her from Charlotte wasn't "that" bad.

But it was bad. and it was Charlotte, a grown woman and industry professional/veteran that did it. Whilst others, worse people who also work in the same toxic environment, have been in similar situations and not done things as bad. Lets not forget her non-apology afterwards, nor her lack of care or professional courtesy.

So perhaps we are judging Charlotte more harshly because she is generally disliked, and she did what she did to someone who is universally loved.

WWE can be a bad place, and Charlotte can be a horrible entitled fuckwit of a person. The two things can and indeed do coexist.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Didn't they already do Finn vs Roman? This feels like when Joey dates the same woman twice with years in between and he's like, drat, I really ran through all the women in NY? (I know it was just her roommate but still)

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I'm watching Batman 1960s fight compilations because they own, and I found a bit where Batman successfully hits the Flying Nothing, popularized by Chris Jericho as the ideal setup for a move he thinks is called the "Beeboo Crawshanks."

Batman leaps and...

... lands standing in front of a guy and grabs him by the shoulders. There's no horn sound effect, no onomatopoeia, no fanfare at all. Batman grabs a guy and they cut to Robin ZLOPPing someone, while in the background Batman lets go of the guy and punches him to a pity horn. You may have missed Batman's punch because it was obscured by Robin and his "ZLOPP!"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

DeepDickPizza posted:

Oh well! At least the checks keep clearing.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vandar posted:

I've never had curry. What's it like?

Every curry dinner goes like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIR-UVen9uc

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

He's still champ tho!!!

quote:

Fightful reported Monday evening that Owens is currently dealing with an undisclosed injury. Bryan Alvarez is reporting that he and Liv Morgan both are currently dealing with injuries.

pending being stripped

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its cool that any time anyone becomes cool they are immediately fed to dom mysterio

Such was cody, such was bad bunny, such was sami

Dom.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So is Dom just used to sandblast the shine off of anybody who gets more over than Roman?

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Have we talked about Charlotte's constant facial cosmetic surgeries yet?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

reality_groove posted:

why would it matter

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

It doesn't, it's just the natural progression from the Charlotte is lazy/Charlotte is bad/Charlotte is dangerous discourse.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Sami Zayn is 39, Dominik Mysterio 26. But I guess using veterans to elevate young stars is bad when the Fed does it :smug:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

reality_groove posted:

It doesn't, it's just the natural progression from the Charlotte is lazy/Charlotte is bad/Charlotte is dangerous discourse.

It's really not, her appearance has nothing to do with how mediocre and disinterested in ring she seems to be these days, but continue telling on yourself

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So even though we went pages without it happening and seem to have moved on, you decided to be the one to make sure it was brought up?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

just so i'm understanding correctly: this is day 4 of the Charlotte discourse?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Charlotte may not do the J-O-B, but she sure gets a lot of them!
Charlotte losing clean? Now that's unrecognizable!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

reality_groove posted:

We hadn't, actually. You goddang doofus.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

ThePariah posted:

Sami Zayn is 39, Dominik Mysterio 26. But I guess using veterans to elevate young stars is bad when the Fed does it :smug:

That would involve elevating young stars, not doing whatever Dom is doing

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ThePariah posted:

These AEW hypocrites clap like seals when Sting buries another one of their up and coming talents. Make it make sense.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Nobody looks bad losing to sting because its loving sting. The end

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

stab posted:

Nobody looks bad losing to sting because its loving sting. The end

18.08.2021 All Elite Wrestling Texas Tornado: Darby Allin & Sting defeat 2point0 (Jeff Parker & Matt Lee) (6:16)

yeah, we knew you'd say that!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

JUNGLE BOY posted:

18.08.2021 All Elite Wrestling Texas Tornado: Darby Allin & Sting defeat 2point0 (Jeff Parker & Matt Lee) (6:16)

yeah, we knew you'd say that!

That match got my boys their contract so gently caress yeah

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ChrisBTY posted:

So is Dom just used to sandblast the shine off of anybody who gets more over than Roman?

Excited for the LA Knight/Dom feud

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1683841304722284544?s=20

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

One of the funniest nights/days ever. I got so many good laughs.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

quote:

"I was surprised at how pissed people were. A lot of managerial people in the company reached out to me, checking on me, and also reached out to me to let me know, 'don't go online. Don't go online.' I didn't even think to go. It's such an incredibly busy week, there are so many emotions in that experience, I have my family with me, I lost in front of them, which is another level of embarrassment. I didn't even think to go online. Just the fact that they were preparing me or battening down the hatches. 'This is shaky, people are really frustrated,' that surprised me. That surprised me a lot,"

Shut the hell up Cody you knew exactly how upset people were going to be.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

One of the funniest nights/days ever. I got so many good laughs.

He missed so many good posts

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Yeah i got owned, laughed at, they called me "mr loser", my whole family was embarassed for me in front of a worldwide audience, all in an effort to please a sadistic rapist who also did all of this to my deceased father decades ago, but i never was mad or especially caremad. I said thank you

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It’s like three or four simultaneous dril tweets at once

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Hilarious that management presented how much people online wanted him to win as a bad thing to Cody.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Vandar posted:

Shut the hell up Cody you knew exactly how upset people were going to be.

Cody loves to Lie. Taught Danielson everything he knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

“please dont put in the interview that i got mad”