Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
This game feels way too grindy now, I don’t know what they did, but it feels slow and grindy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

CLAM DOWN posted:

also is there any way to move money/resources between characters?!

They're account wide per seasonal/hardcore

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Lord Packinham posted:

This game feels way too grindy now, I don’t know what they did, but it feels slow and grindy.

They made all the classes do less damage and they made all the monsters give less experience.

I think it was to disguise as best they could the massive lack of content in the game.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the seasonal quest line was uh, quite short

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I haven't minded the nerf to the mystery box price until I just got one leggo out of one.

I'm also up to my 3rd pair of death trap pants that don't even get used in the death trap build :negative"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Cormand is pretty dumb.

First for creating all the malignant in the first place and second for trying to hide that he did it for...?

When he finally admits it, your character just gets moderately confused about why he lied and says, "Welp, doesn't matter how they got here. Let's go kill 'em."

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Kaddish posted:

Yeah the necro unique gloves that generate the kamikaze skellies from corpses is fun but the damage they do isn't worth the trade-off from good gloves.

I'm trying to do an auto bomber Necro build with no core skills at the moment and I am curious to see if you can do enough DPS with 10/5 in corpse explosion and both the corpse explosion uniques.

Although if I don't use core skills at all fists of fate may be better.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Cormand is pretty dumb.

First for creating all the malignant in the first place and second for trying to hide that he did it for...?

When he finally admits it, your character just gets moderately confused about why he lied and says, "Welp, doesn't matter how they got here. Let's go kill 'em."

hey... hisbrain. it doesn't work.. very... *gulp* fast?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I’m lv60 and nowhere near the final renown tier on any zone. But I can do NMD at lv 70 so I should be able to capstone soon, then do renown in wt4 since they should be 70+, right? I hope so.

Hate the renown grind, it should go away after doing it once.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Yes. Does it work with the new heart thing? All my necro gameplay is from before the season

yes it works with the heart

i'm pretty much never out of essence lol

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i fully finished renown in one zone by level 45 just by trying to level in dungeons and strongholds, i've barely touched quests at all

renown seems easy just by playing the game

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
Yeah in wt4 it's all 75 until you're 81

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The Grumbles posted:

Dota started the battle pass to huge success in 2013, and then Fortnite to even huger, unimaginably huger success in 2018 (with other, smaller, still successful enough attempts in between) so if the game started production around then it would have been squarely in 'we have to make the money they're making the way they're making it territory'.

The funny thing is Valve recently said they're done with battle passes as they seem to be burnt out on it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah, they even buffed it this patch. If it’s the only thing you’re focusing on I can understand how it would get to be a slog but it also just comes naturally by playing the game in other ways.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Substandard posted:

I'm trying to do an auto bomber Necro build with no core skills at the moment and I am curious to see if you can do enough DPS with 10/5 in corpse explosion and both the corpse explosion uniques.

Although if I don't use core skills at all fists of fate may be better.

That’s incredibly stupid,

Godspeed

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Rexicon1 posted:

That’s incredibly stupid,

Godspeed

Yeah.. I've already got a non seasonal bone spear Necro that works great. This is my dumb experiment character. It will probably suck!

She got through the first capstone dungeon at level 45 and it's going fairly ok but I question if it will scale up enough

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

ultrachrist posted:

I’m lv60 and nowhere near the final renown tier on any zone. But I can do NMD at lv 70 so I should be able to capstone soon, then do renown in wt4 since they should be 70+, right? I hope so.

Hate the renown grind, it should go away after doing it once.

What did you do from 1-50?

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

Vic posted:

BTW off topic does that costco thing happen that often?

You should put a survey up in that thread you started, really pump those engagement metrics.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Time posted:

Whispers, dungeons I wanted aspects from, dungeons for whispers, plus hell tides for the last 10. 1-50, especially 1-40 went so drat fast I can’t imagine having done enough quests etc to max renown. I only even have the obols tier in fractured peaks. I should mention I leveled in wt2.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Time posted:

Probably 247 Temple of Rot restarts. :laugh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Temple of Rot is pretty quick I’ll give ‘em that.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Substandard posted:

Yeah.. I've already got a non seasonal bone spear Necro that works great. This is my dumb experiment character. It will probably suck!

She got through the first capstone dungeon at level 45 and it's going fairly ok but I question if it will scale up enough

Mods please change my username to 'Non Seasonal Bone Spear' thx

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Vic posted:

That's the one that introduced the free to play model with Warzone - the overwhelmingly popular game mode of today.

The popularity is waning but thats neither here nor there. I played more hours in core multiplayer which is not free to play was my only point.

Anyhow, i'm still having a lot of fun with the rogue except I haven't been able to play a lot so I'm still not even level 30 yet.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

ultrachrist posted:

Whispers, dungeons I wanted aspects from, dungeons for whispers, plus hell tides for the last 10. 1-50, especially 1-40 went so drat fast I can’t imagine having done enough quests etc to max renown. I only even have the obols tier in fractured peaks. I should mention I leveled in wt2.

I leveled in wt2 and maxed renown in all regions from 1-51. It was very quick. The key is doubling up on dungeon runs with quests at the same time.

Can’t imagine doing anything else 1-50 at this point, it’s so easy and fast and means you have 20 extra paragon points asap. Doing whispers etc just pales in comparison

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Following a quest guide is boring tho

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You don’t have to follow a guide. Just click on the people with ! on them and then go where it tells you to go. Sometimes it’s a dungeon and then you get 70 renown.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

ultrachrist posted:

Following a quest guide is boring tho

Good thing I just went around and picked up blue markers then did ones that lined up with dungeons. it’s 100% intuitive idk why anyone would ever need a guide to level to 50

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That said, they should get rid of the 20 quest limit. That's just dumb.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Only thing annoying about side quest is you can only have 20 active quests at a time.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Only thing annoying about side quest is you can only have 20 active quests at a time.

That is annoying but I didn’t run into it because I just did one region at a time and never got close to 20

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I have gone from thinking my druid was boring as gently caress to thinking it is the most fun class I've tried. My necro was also about as good as this at 50+ but my druid is just more fun, and I think quite a bit faster at clearing dungeons. It's just so satisfying to run around and smash poo poo as a bear. It's also pretty nice to know that once I get more gear I have a lot of viable builds to try out as well instead of just a few.

Once you get the right aspects and get past the resource generation issues druid gets really really good

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I think the implied comment was that often it's not a dungeon and you spend 30 minutes following some idiot through the swamp before being told to go back and talk to him at his mud hut. Then you get the followup for finding three demon dicks.

Given how quick 1-50 goes it really doesn't matter what you do anyway. Go knock out some renown, grind temple of rot, do the campaign... none of it matters and you'll end up in the same spot regardless.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

American McGay posted:

Probably 247 Temple of Rot restarts. :laugh:

correction, i'm on Onyx Watchtower now :jerky:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

That said, they should get rid of the 20 quest limit. That's just dumb.
Yeah this is true. Preseason I ran into the limit all the drat time but this time I learned to at least focus one particular area instead of just clicking on everyone and then wandering down the road.

I do wonder what happens with multiple step quests when you abandon them. Do they pick up back at that spot or do they reset back to the beginning.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Sorry if this was already answered but I've read quite a bit and didn't see it.

I'm around battlepass tier 51 or so. If I roll a new level 1 seasonal character, will it pick up from there? Is the progression around the same rate? I know I need to stick to one character to unlock the seasonal journey toys, but for just the battlepass tiers, is multiple characters a viable climbing strategy?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Mailer posted:

I think the implied comment was that often it's not a dungeon and you spend 30 minutes following some idiot through the swamp before being told to go back and talk to him at his mud hut. Then you get the followup for finding three demon dicks.

Given how quick 1-50 goes it really doesn't matter what you do anyway. Go knock out some renown, grind temple of rot, do the campaign... none of it matters and you'll end up in the same spot regardless.

That’s my point, you end up in a worse spot if you dont do renown stuff 1-50, like apparently a lot of ppl in this thread

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Cormand is pretty dumb.

Cormand being chased by the disgusting malignant remains of his mentor: I can fix him.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

ClydeFrog posted:

You should put a survey up in that thread you started, really pump those engagement metrics.

lol that's catty! Cheer up, people like the thread.

What are you playing this season? Are you having fun?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
It's funny, they said "sorry guys we'll never release a patch like this one again" in the campfire chat but the patch effects weren't reverted at all. Helltides are still slow as gently caress and leveling is slow as gently caress.

But maybe it's for the best, because the NM dungeons nerf only makes it so there's now really nothing to do once you've maxed out your character. The fact that the season's 2 main mechanics aggravate some of the core issues people have with the game (inventory slots for hearts and resource stealing mobs at a time when resource gen feels like poo poo) is a magnificent cherry on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Time posted:

Good thing I just went around and picked up blue markers then did ones that lined up with dungeons. it’s 100% intuitive idk why anyone would ever need a guide to level to 50

Ok then how did you know which ones were tied to dungeons? Pick one up and check the map? Abandon if not a dungeon? There's no way in hell this was as fast as I was leveling. It's not like I was ignoring quests either, if doodads dropped I grabbed them, and I remembered a few that were tied to dungeons.

Granted, you're right that I need to do this anyway so it's probably more efficient to get it out of the way early. That's what I was complaining about. It doesn't feel natural in an adventure mode to have to follow the quests anyway. They're not as fun and doing the grind once should make it done for future characters. I wanna choose how I level not do the same quests every time.