Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

related there's finally some actual footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRrqvjjKlOs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
this is my box... it was made for me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this is my box... it was made for me

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Snow Cone Capone posted:

related there's finally some actual footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRrqvjjKlOs

god this is so much better than i thought it was going to be. the earliest previews made it feel like it was going to be a motion graphic comic or smth

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
junji ito adaptions have all been bad... looking forward to this being good

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

i love the little comics he does at the end of some books as well as the Cat Diary ones where you slowly realize that the guy writing some of the weirdest body-horror manga you'll ever see is a hugely good-natured doofus

Kinda like David Lynch. Dude is just a grandpa

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
'just'

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

junji ito adaptions have all been bad... looking forward to this being good

this as well lol

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Ah dang I thought the new Netflix stuff was received better than the crunchy roll show

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I liked uhhh...one episode of the tales of the macabre series.

Ominous Jazz posted:

Ah dang I thought the new Netflix stuff was received better than the crunchy roll show

low, low, low bar

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ominous Jazz posted:

its almost the same drat show bad animation and all lmao

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Is anybody making good poo poo anymore

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Ominous Jazz posted:

rgg studio

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

uzumaki is going to be good because it looks like they're trying really hard to adapt the style and visuals instead of just bolting his stories onto extremely generic-looking anime visuals

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ominous Jazz posted:

no

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

junji ito ftw. and scope out ptsd radio also

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Ominous Jazz posted:

the creator of cowboy bebop is doing a new anime from the studio that did Chainsaw Man/Vinland Saga S2/many others, with fight choreography done by the director of the john wick movies and music by Floating Points and Bonobo

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

not since oil man was caught wearing black face has a robot master been so disgraced

lol

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

scope out ptsd radio also

this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They announced a new FLCL season and it's 3D animation and it looks like poo poo

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Snow Cone Capone posted:

the creator of cowboy bebop is doing a new anime from the studio that did Chainsaw Man/Vinland Saga S2/many others, with fight choreography done by the director of the john wick movies and music by Floating Points and Bonobo

:eyepop:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I watched the Gyo adaptation and it was so bad lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I will never watch it, Gyo the manga rules and I don't want it ruined for me

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They announced a new FLCL season and it's 3D animation and it looks like poo poo

yeah :(. i haven't even seen S2 or S3 yet tbh, the first one is just such a classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0QUbIzu8ek

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The Saddest Rhino posted:

the only thing i remember about it is the farting and that they animated the tubes going into some girls butthole and the character was added to the story just for that

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

doing the monologue from the promos for Hatred

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Snow Cone Capone posted:

yeah :(. i haven't even seen S2 or S3 yet tbh, the first one is just such a classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0QUbIzu8ek

aw man. his direction plus MAPPA's cgi style is gonna be so good.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they turned gyo into a fetish anime morty

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

was gonna post about this one and didn't even realize it got an official english publication and is $15, gonna buy this now and you all should too, it's weird as gently caress even for junji ito, one of his best

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Oh poo poo yeah black paradox is top tier, you would never expect where it leads to, when it begins as the movie suicide circle but junji ito

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Ominous Jazz posted:

I made good poo poo this morning, feel bad for my roommate though

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
there's a like 2 page comic by junji ito where a couple is arguing, and the frame pulls back to reveal their argument is a single ben day dot of the same comic of them arguing

it's good and now i can't find it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
theres a junji ito story about his childhood where he spent his allowance on a novelty toy that looked like a very realistic piece of poop and everyone was disgusted and made fun of him for it including his mom

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

theres a junji ito story about his childhood where he spent his allowance on a novelty toy that looked like a very realistic piece of poop and everyone was disgusted and made fun of him for it including his mom

lmao junji itowns

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

a kind of sad thing is in one of the most recent story collections he writes in the foreword that he's just straight-up out of good ideas and is scraping the barrel nowadays

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Snow Cone Capone posted:

a kind of sad thing is in one of the most recent story collections he writes in the foreword that he's just straight-up out of good ideas and is scraping the barrel nowadays

he should read the forums

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
draw a comic about groverhaus junji ito

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

old fan translation but

imagine two ropes, overlapping. Independent and yet intertwined. Time works the same way.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

not sure i want to see junji ito tackle pharohman's ouevre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Ominous Jazz posted:

We're getting an anime adaption of Freiren in September

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwr1aLEDpe4

And Dungeon Meshi in January

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3veqJewdto

So if you want some good fantasy anime that isn't just more isekai trash we'll have some good poo poo soon.