Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WizNXQGBMEk

i looked at her spotify and this is the most played song apparently

the music itself is like someone making their first song using the default fruityloops instruments, and the vocals are almost unintelligible. lmao it's really bad.

she made it for a compilation album, wasn't meant to be anything special or deep but it was catchy, so here we are, no justice, etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
i like these ones:

vanessa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-aWEYezEMk

realiti:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA

skin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BW1prBHfu8

there are others, those are just the first few that come to mind.

i don't really like that genesis song, don't get why it's so popular.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
She seems like she has tiny little meth teeth, but I don't feel like doing further research

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WizNXQGBMEk

i looked at her spotify and this is the most played song apparently

the music itself is like someone making their first song using the default fruityloops instruments, and the vocals are almost unintelligible. lmao it's really bad.

Wow I didn’t know that was a Grimes song. Trevor Something did a really nice remix actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej330Q8NJ_Y

I listened to her music for a half hour or so when she had the Elon baby and thought it was ok. I was initially fooled by her wikipedia up until Elon went full mask off and then when I read about her grafting bespoke polymers to her eyes I knew that practically everything she says is made up on the spot and that a few minutes of googling would reveal she didn’t study neuroscience.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Angry goons dont understand new music, rant about childrens' cartoons and music software from 20 years ago

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

nobody is angry and nobody has said anything about all new music being bad or anything

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

nobody is angry and nobody has said anything about all new music being bad or anything

You are angry about music frootyloops lol

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
it's call fl studio these days, gramps

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Why stan for a rich person who occasionally makes something ok with all that access to time and money.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
*looks around* Hey guys *smirking* this sounds like something you would make in a disney speak-n-spell am i right lmao *laughing his rear end off*

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

fruityloops owned it's just grimes is bad at it.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

You came into the thread without even reading the OP, called the music bad and typed "lmao" unironically

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I posted about how a rich person used the effort of workers to promote themselves over those very same workers. You're angry about people insulting your musical tastes. Classic Grimes fan.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Pontificating rear end posted:

You came into the thread without even reading the OP, called the music bad and typed "lmao" unironically

are you a rereg of the guy who thought he was together with grimes in second life or something you seem incredibly defense of her lol

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

are you a rereg of the guy who thought he was together with grimes in second life or something you seem incredibly defense of her lol

yup lmfao

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I posted about how a rich person used the effort of workers to promote themselves over those very same workers. You're angry about people insulting your musical tastes. Classic Grimes fan.

ya literally complained about grimes contributing music to a children's cartoon

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

watch out the grimes defender has logged on

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

watch out the grimes defender has logged on

Im sure everyone appreciates your bottom-tier goonposting so ill let yall continue

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

watch out grimes has logged on

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
You don't have to so loudly declare you think class consciousness is bullshit bc you like the beep boops

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Imo it's better if rich fail sons / fail daughters dedicate themselves to the arts and to committing slow suicide by eating nothing but spaghetti, than if they tried to make their name in business.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
In retrospect, Grimes' belief that spaghetti contains all the essential nutrients should have tipped off people that her neuroscience claims were perhaps bogus.

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
I'm still coming to terms with the fact that people knew who Elon Musk was before Grimes started dating him. Like, how? When did he become a public figure?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

YoursTruly posted:

I'm still coming to terms with the fact that people knew who Elon Musk was before Grimes started dating him. Like, how? When did he become a public figure?

PayPal

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Grimes is a pee pee poo poo woman who had babies with a pee pee poo poo man

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cxwsP4hgII

magdalena bay does a better grimes than grimes while not being grimes, which is always a plus

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Magdalena bay is fine I guess though I don't think they're exactly comparable with grimes

But there's such a surfeit of hazy electronic dream pop right now, for a closer contemporary comparison I'd recommend yeule, for example.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
something positive about grimes:

she dumped elon musk lol

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
grimes had sex with chelsea manning further contributing to musk's ongoing crack ping

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

steinrokkan posted:

Magdalena bay is fine I guess though I don't think they're exactly comparable with grimes

But there's such a surfeit of hazy electronic dream pop right now, for a closer contemporary comparison I'd recommend yeule, for example.

i love yeule

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

kntfkr posted:

i love yeule

She loving owns

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

She loving owns

Please post your favourite yeule track

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Please post your favourite yeule track

Am I being entrapped

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

She loving owns

Yeule is nb and uses they/them. But yes, I love yeule too

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Am I being entrapped

No, I'm legit interested.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

No, I'm legit interested.

I don't care to sound interesting, so my extremely basic rear end answer is Electric.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

This is the best one I've heard yet here. Her voice just sucks though and the effects she uses are annoying. It's has a decent sort of early blood orange groove to it but sorta worse.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

steinrokkan posted:

Am I being entrapped

Musical taste honeytrap

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Bip Roberts posted:

For real someone post a good grimes song, I've never heard one and I don't think they exist

I kind of liked this one with Scoorbius Pip rapping with puppets over the Grimes song. It was the first time I had ever heard of Grimes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf7xjZh9uRs&t=75s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I think the whole visions album is good if you can get past the fact that grimes thinks Hitler was just misunderstood