Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are your gaming plans for the summer?
This poll is closed.
Win at video games 37 23.72%
Hone gaming skills 27 17.31%
Unlock hardcore mode achievements 14 8.97%
More grinding 24 15.38%
Post about video games 54 34.62%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Will this be a MTX hellscape like the Disney one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

hatty posted:

Will this be a MTX hellscape like the Disney one?

It's the same publisher and developer as the recent Nickelodeon ones, so no MTX, just very cheap and low-effort.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Khanstant posted:

Has anyone tried making a Diablo 1 clone, that was the best one IMO. Spooky, lonely, desecrated horror vibe with a singular mission to beat up the devil. Sometimes you ory a cool weapon off a corpse or find a treasure stash but mostly you're trying to survive with what you can get your hands on, balancing any gold you find with limited potions you need to buy carry. Also it has an ending where you just stop playing it.

Xanadu Next

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

It's the same publisher and developer as the recent Nickelodeon ones, so no MTX, just very cheap and low-effort.

I love that they're doing announce trailers for the Disney one. Like dude aren't you HYPE for MINNIE GODDAMN MOUSE???? GET ON THEM SOCIALS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrg93RI-fyo

Alternatively you could be hype for some unknown indie game. Looks pretty dull tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcDjyestr4Y&t=837s

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Has anyone tried making a Diablo 1 clone, that was the best one IMO. Spooky, lonely, desecrated horror vibe with a singular mission to beat up the devil. Sometimes you ory a cool weapon off a corpse or find a treasure stash but mostly you're trying to survive with what you can get your hands on, balancing any gold you find with limited potions you need to buy carry. Also it has an ending where you just stop playing it.

There's been a few attempts, but all of them are missing the atmosphere of Diablo 1.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

Xanadu Next

this ggme look videogame as gently caress in a good way

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Khanstant posted:

It's tonally not even close, but Torchlight 1 is the only "Diablo 1 clone" I know of, where there's a town with a dungeon entrance and you progress by going progressively further down through various zones until you hit the bottom to defeat the big boss. It has good music by the Diablo composer too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've been thinking about playing Diablo III again. It has a user population of like 0 now, but the rift/greater rift system was just a really chill time.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Khanstant posted:

this ggme look videogame as gently caress in a good way

It's neat

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I've been thinking about playing Diablo III again. It has a user population of like 0 now, but the rift/greater rift system was just a really chill time.

There's gotta be some people still playing it, who will always be playing it. That means when you encounter anyone they are the true Diablo Tresses.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

D3 has been in S28 since February so it's kind of dead but even then you can join the Seasonal Powerleveling group and I guarantee you'll find someone within 15 minutes who will powerlevel your dude to 70, at which point you can play any number of the extremely fun and powerful builds this season.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Khanstant posted:

There was FATE, which is Diablo 1 but you have a dog.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Hwurmp posted:

Xanadu Next

V disappointed that this isn't some kinda roller disco simulator

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I'm always disappointed when IP holders do this sort of low effort videogame crossover rather than going the Kingdom Hearts route of having a big grandiose universe-hopping story where you have Shrek and Po and whoever talking about the manifested darkness of the human soul or whatever.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Asterite34 posted:

I'm always disappointed when IP holders do this sort of low effort videogame crossover rather than going the Kingdom Hearts route of having a big grandiose universe-hopping story where you have Shrek and Po and whoever talking about the manifested darkness of the human soul or whatever.

Exactly, it doesn't have to necessarily be like Kingdom Hearts, but these companies have unlimited money, and this is what they decide to do with it for video games. I wish they would have someone on the inside making decisions, who actually understand the gaming market, and is okay with taking risks.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

where's my girl Tip at. dreamworks dont forget one of your best protags

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 25, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sure lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

A powerful week for games

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Asterite34 posted:

Nickelodeon had like a whole series of games like this back in the THQ games, they were multiplayer brawlers that had characters from different Nicktoons

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Infinitum posted:

Alternatively you could be hype for some unknown indie game. Looks pretty dull tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcDjyestr4Y&t=837s

I might be the only one in the world who thinks this game actually looks boring. Boss fights might be interesting but man these environments look boring, and bland, the VO is just like "Strike one, another down", with no personality, and the normal fights just look like dashing and auto-lock-on attacks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1683868770798915585

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Did that even sell well enough to warrant a sequel? :confused:

It looked generic as hell

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A quick google search didnt turn up any sales numbers, UBISoft called it "a healthy commercial success" though. Guess that still means not enough to take the risk on a sequel. They are restructuring quite a bit currently and sticking to games that they are very confident can sell well.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Infinitum posted:

Its a weird game that is very generic in some ways but extremely chill and fun in others. Like a more stylistic assassins creed odyssey. It is some peoples goty.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kwolok posted:

I might be the only one in the world who thinks this game actually looks boring. Boss fights might be interesting but man these environments look boring, and bland, the VO is just like "Strike one, another down", with no personality, and the normal fights just look like dashing and auto-lock-on attacks.

You're right, you might be

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Infinitum posted:

It was assassin's creed with a different art style

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

There's been a few attempts, but all of them are missing the atmosphere of Diablo 1.

atmosphere, you say
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFOfSlDCwYw

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Khanstant posted:

It's dark souls tbh

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Nic Cage DLC for Dead by Daylight is out now. Its as hilarious and cool as I assumed it would be, I just wish you could also use him as a killer lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

External Organs posted:

It's dark souls tbh

Yeah the general vibe I settle into in those games is similar for sure. Kinda want a NKJV of DS so we can fight the devil there too.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I didn't love Immortals Fenyx, but I was looking forward to a sequel.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

no I will not tell you what this means, don't even try to look it up

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Was that article written by an AI?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Electric Phantasm posted:

Was that article written by an AI?

If it was, the real person listed in the byline is probably real mad about it

haveblue fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 25, 2023

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Guy who has only played God of War, watching his first movie: getting a lot of 'God of War' vibes from this...

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Well yeah it is, Oppenheimer discovered the bomb after he got an epic killstreak in CoD

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Oppenheimer set up us the bomb :xd:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

What is happening here. Could they not get the rights for Branch? Who is this

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s SS3 Goku