Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
And then, I sinned my pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Oh crap I forgot Trip Larsen. But while he confessed his love to Luanne, I'm not sure she was ever really into him. Also he wasn't really in love her so much as he loved the idea of turning her into a fictional product mascot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

And then, I sinned my pants.

In some kind of, I don't know, sex chair.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Oh crap I forgot Trip Larsen. But while he confessed his love to Luanne, I'm not sure she was ever really into him. Also he wasn't really in love her so much as he loved the idea of turning her into a fictional product mascot.

They made out in a hot air balloon and when asked how her job interview with him went, she said she'd gotten the position of his Girlfriend. She certainly seemed to think they were an item... you know, before he started showing off the crazy.

Frankly, Rhett was probably the best boyfriend she ever had pre-Lucky. Dude seemed nice, if a bit of a goober. Yeah he was a virgin who thought with his dick, but at least he was willing to commit.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

SettingSun posted:

That Motherfucker Thatherton: "I'll fight you pilgrim! YEEE HAWWWW" *throws punch*

The Bible
May 8, 2010

The MF means

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

My Friend!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Him and Layne Pratley feel like they should have been two peas in a pod

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Milo and POTUS posted:

Him and Layne Pratley feel like they should have been two peas in a pod

actually yeah I never really considered that before

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

He probably would have succeeded at it.

Between Luanne, Peggy, and Nancy there's a rather iffy streak in how the female characters are written especially in later seasons. I know the males don't exactly come off lightly either, but still. Luanne specifically starts off as a nuanced character with genuine issues who you'd think would have an overall arc, but ends up turning into exactly what she was originally trying not to be.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

He probably would have succeeded at it.

Between Luanne, Peggy, and Nancy there's a rather iffy streak in how the female characters are written especially in later seasons. I know the males don't exactly come off lightly either, but still. Luanne specifically starts off as a nuanced character with genuine issues who you'd think would have an overall arc, but ends up turning into exactly what she was originally trying not to be.

What are you talking about? Luanne was a proud, ignorant woman!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Wasn't thatherton voices by Burt Reynolds who is also dead? Wonder if they'll bribg him back?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Wasn't thatherton voices by Burt Reynolds who is also dead? Wonder if they'll bribg him back?

That would be quite the feat.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Thatherton's original appearance was Burt Reynolds but every appearance after that was Toby Huss. Man gets around.

Also Luanne gets flattened like immediately. She's a kooky ditz as early as the second season.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mary Tyler Moore voiced Reverend Stroup’s debut appearance.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Only once. He was later voiced by Toby Huss, who is very much alive.

E:b

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Joe Jack was voiced by Elvis.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

SettingSun posted:

There are two types of sales executives in this world:

Hank Hill: "When have I ever needed a 3 figure entertainment budget to sell propane? I'm gonna close this deal the same way I always do -- a cup of coffee, a slice of pie, and a handshake. And if I hit a snag, pie a la mode."

My Friend Thatherton: "I'll fight you pilgrim! YEEE HAWWWW" *throws punch*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScE_ih8T73k

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfA4FYGX-Q&t=8s

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/i2g8FGrNAR4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

holloway can throw a punch ill give him that

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

SettingSun posted:

Also Luanne gets flattened like immediately. She's a kooky ditz as early as the second season.

tbf Brittany Murphy was really, really good at playing an exuberant airhead

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I have done it, hank! I have finally done it. I have gotten someone to respond to my letter.

You see, peggy? You just needed to find a pen pal with as much free time as you have

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

One of my favorite lines, one of my favorite line reads, excellence distilled.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/voicesbyzane/status/1682501840305364993?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And needs the follow up.

https://twitter.com/VoicesByZane/status/1682554303397998594

ExtraQuiet
Apr 25, 2016

by Shine
in season one EP05, when boomhauer is not with the group, they distribute a flat of four six-packs, everyone grabs one six-pack and bill declares "They don't split up even anymore", yet the remaining six-pack could be divided into thirds evenly (+2 for each remaining character). I mean, what are we to believe, that this is a magic bill that cannot do simple math, or something?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

PinheadSlim posted:

Dad's talking to the Tom Landry plate again

for just a second I thought the clock was something floating above Bobby's head

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The hill family, watching Hank with anticipation, as he prepares to eat coop food for the first time. They dare not eat a bit before Hank confirms that it’s edible and good.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

someone pointed it out before but they wear their sunday clothes over to watch the cowboys game with willie lane

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

someone pointed it out before but they wear their sunday clothes over to watch the cowboys game with willie lane

If you don't dress your best to watch the NFL what good are you?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The hill family, watching Hank with anticipation, as he prepares to eat coop food for the first time. They dare not eat a bit before Hank confirms that it’s edible and good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBLqzGrq8T0

I love Hank confidently saying "Tomatoes don't have any flavor"

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That line hits so hard, out of season imports are just red water lumps

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

ExtraQuiet posted:

in season one EP05, when boomhauer is not with the group, they distribute a flat of four six-packs, everyone grabs one six-pack and bill declares "They don't split up even anymore", yet the remaining six-pack could be divided into thirds evenly (+2 for each remaining character). I mean, what are we to believe, that this is a magic bill that cannot do simple math, or something?

He's an army barber.

ExtraQuiet
Apr 25, 2016

by Shine

He's an army barber.

i withdraw my question

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The funnies goddamn thing about this is it counts the Thatherton Fuels billboard and cuts away when Hank obscures it lmao

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

surprise... then disappointment

Nov 6, 2002

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I have done it, hank! I have finally done it. I have gotten someone to respond to my letter.

You see, peggy? You just needed to find a pen pal with as much free time as you have

Just watched this episode last night and forgot that this was one of the few episodes of animation to feature a bunch of celebrity guest voices as themselves and to do it well.

Also in this episode Hank saves Randy Travis from drowning and in the following episode Bobby saved a pig from drowning. Really makes you think.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I like the guy in Mitch the Diving Pig's entourage who's smoking and does a half rear end dive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CkbhsGV_Ec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Just watched this episode last night and forgot that this was one of the few episodes of animation to feature a bunch of celebrity guest voices as themselves and to do it well.

Also in this episode Hank saves Randy Travis from drowning and in the following episode Bobby saved a pig from drowning. Really makes you think.

If you watch closely, I think you’ll see that it was actually Randy Travis who saved a drowning fan