Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it would be so much better if the first 3rd of the game was cut. just doing odd jobs for camp specific currency is such a drag and the story missions are all stealth bs up to that point.

theres only time left in the story for like 3 hordes by the end cause they waste 20 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I liked all 3 acts. Each has a completely different playstyle. The transition of act 1 to act 2 is all top notch.

The psychopath stuff deacon does at the end of act 2 is also extremely lmao

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

Real hurthling! posted:

it would be so much better if the first 3rd of the game was cut. just doing odd jobs for camp specific currency is such a drag and the story missions are all stealth bs up to that point.

theres only time left in the story for like 3 hordes by the end cause they waste 20 hours

im enjoying it

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!
its cool to make choices

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Wiping out hordes post game in Days Gone is fun and feels like a completely different game. Plus it gives you something to shoot with all the ridiculous op guns you unlock way at the end of the game.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bunch of youtubers/streamers got a chance to play AC6's first chapter and have a one on one with the game director and their videos are getting posted, it looks really good to me and I've never in my life really enjoyed a mech game. You can play to breaking posture as your main thing which is all I needed to hear really. 3 posture annihilators and 1 fuckoff huge ion cannon or whatever here I come

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
what does breaking posture mean

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
means you win

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

indigi posted:

Hammering away at them until they stagger and you can do something really big and awesome, it's got a dedicated bar but beyond that I don't know the details. Gonna doubt they sit there for like 10 seconds like some Souls enemies do tho. The reward is you do a lot of extra damage in the window.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

indigi posted:

they take like double damage and can’t move much. they have a posture bar that builds up as you attack eventually reaching a breaking point, kinda like sekiro, except instead of entering some fatal death state they’re just briefly more vulnerable

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

indigi posted:

it when they wiggle around and the announcer says FINISH HIM

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

croup coughfield posted:

its cool to make choices

i hate when a video game makes me make choices

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Al! posted:

i hate when a video game makes me make choices

the choices don't matter. they removed the bulk of that system before release. it gets noticeable when you have the same scene but with a different character ba k to back lol

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Mr Hootington posted:

The fortnite update is tomorrow now. I'm in shambles

Goondolences. I too know the pain of a delayed update, as a Microsoft Flight Sim enjoyer, and a DCS enj- user.

Mr Hootington posted:

I liked all 3 acts. Each has a completely different playstyle. The transition of act 1 to act 2 is all top notch.

The psychopath stuff deacon does at the end of act 2 is also extremely lmao

Days Gone was surprisingly good. When I first tried it, it felt like it was a palette swapped Mad Max. Somehow the game grew on me enough to where I actually beat it.

The hordes are very much a late game/post-story activity when you have all the gear. It really was a nice cherry on top to do those because they still weren't a cakewalk but with a little planning you could kill them off satisfyingly. Use the napalm grenades and tommy gun with the penetration perk IIRC.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Truga posted:

Arohongui, Daughter of the Moon, was preparing for a feast to celebrate Tukohama's return from his war on the First Ones of the Ezomytes. Tawhoa, Son of the Forest, asked each of the birds to sacrifice one of their kind for the feast. He gave these offerings to Arohongui who cooked them in a great fire-stone pit.

Seeing all of those plump birds cooking made Kitava very hungry, and he offered to watch them, to make sure they didn't burn while Arohongui rested during the heat of the day. Arohongui thanked Kitava for his kindness, but while she slept, Kitava ate the cooking birds, flesh, bones, gizzards and all.

Upon waking, Arohongui was furious to find Kitava had lied to her, for saying that he would watch the birds when he truly intended to eat them all up. When Tukohama arrived home in his mighty canoe, Arohongui asked him to punish Kitava for his selfish gluttony.

Tukohama, our Father of War, agreed and pulled the sharpest tooth from his own mouth. He then asked Arohongui and Tawhoa to hold Kitava fast while he cut Kitava's face with the tooth. Two slashes that blinded Kitava and formed a bleeding cross upon his face.

From that day forth, Kitava would never be able to promise to watch that which he truly intended to consume.

To replace the feast of birds that Kitava had greedily consumed, Tukohama, our Father of War, and Valako, Father of Storm, went fishing.

Although Kitava was blind, he could still cast his line and feel when a fish took his bait. So Tukohama and Valako took him with them on Tukohama's mighty canoe.

But while they fished, Kitava grew hungry and secretly ate all of their bait of grubs and worms. Disgusted and angry, Tukohama and Valako decided to use Kitava as bait instead. Valako used his own jawbone as a hook, impaled Kitava on it, and cast both into the sea.

Kitava sank to the bottom of the sea, but instead of the fish eating Kitava, it was Kitava who ate all of the fish that nibbled at him, flesh, scales, guts and all.

When Tukohama and Valako hauled a fat-bellied Kitava back up from the sea, they were even more furious, and knew that Kitava must be punished one final time.

Tukohama, our Father of War, and Valako, Father of Storm, took Kitava to Hinekora, Mother of Death.

They asked her to kill the greedy Kitava, for surely their tribe would starve if Kitava continued to live among them. But Hinekora refused, for death would not teach Kitava the lesson he needed to learn.

Instead, Hinekora beat Kitava with a whip woven of her own hair. To Kitava, each strand was a searing lash, and so he wore thousands and thousands of blistering lashes across his back as Hinekora drove him relentlessly into the darkest corner of the underworld. There she left him to suffer, without water or food, for the rest of eternity.

And there Kitava remained, in the darkness of Hinekora's night-clad island for time beyond measure. There he suffered, waiting for the day that he could return to the world of light to slake his scorching thirst and satiate his ravening hunger.

thank you. this is my favorite flavor in path of exile.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

it sucks that from software mostly removed the existing stagger system for ac6 but i guess it was too funny to live

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Armored Core gonna be the Starfield waiting room game

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Jagged Alliance 3 continues to be good despite a bit of sequence breaking. Just had the toughest fight of the game so far and it was extremely grueling. Really wish there was a way to ferry gear across the map without putting it in anyone's inventory, I bet I left tons of ammo lying around.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm bashing through AC4A at the moment and it's fast paced as gently caress, looks like the new one will be a lot slower which is a shame but definitely for the best.

I ran into my first from style female duelist boss who beats the crap out of you, though googling it apparently he's a bloke it's just his handler is female and you only hear her voice.
I bet she's barefoot though

It's got some good spectacle I hope there is destructubility in the new one cause its very fun to have a 2v2 AC battle in the overpass map and just have chunks of highway raining down from all sides as everyone opens up with their guns

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

White Glint? Yeah that's supposed to be the main character of AC4 or something.

That's ok, you can still have Wynne D Fanchon instead.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

good post

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Now do Orlanth killing the Sun God Yelm using the rune of Death.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Also you should play through the game again after you finish it the first time.

You'll get all the parts, and can start to really customizing your AC, plus you'll unlock new missions and story paths.

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Hard on the fence about jagged alliance 3. It looks like the kind of poo poo I'd love, but I'm still mugging through cyberpunk 2077 in chunks and pieces, and I'm historically a summer sale man

When's the summer sale start anyways

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

Hard on the fence about jagged alliance 3. It looks like the kind of poo poo I'd love, but I'm still mugging through cyberpunk 2077 in chunks and pieces, and I'm historically a summer sale man

It was at the beginning of July.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Communist Thoughts posted:

I'm bashing through AC4A at the moment and it's fast paced as gently caress, looks like the new one will be a lot slower which is a shame but definitely for the best.

My biggest peeve with ac4 is that yes, you're actually moving way too loving fast for a lot of the game.

I miss the clunky, heavy feeling of the old ac1/2 mechs and I'm really glad that ac6 won't be quite as fast as 4 :corsair:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

it ended over a week ago Mr Summer Sale Man

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

what the gently caress

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Innocent gamers pwnd by Gaben once again smh hate to see it

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

oh my god that's why cyberpunk was on sale

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its cracked

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Communist Thoughts posted:

I ran into my first from style female duelist boss who beats the crap out of you, though googling it apparently he's a bloke it's just his handler is female and you only hear her voice.
I bet she's barefoot though

It's got some good spectacle I hope there is destructubility in the new one cause its very fun to have a 2v2 AC battle in the overpass map and just have chunks of highway raining down from all sides as everyone opens up with their guns

all of the previews they've shown from ac6 have been from relatively early in the game and with the default mechs. anything approaching AC4 is probably happening way later

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

what the gently caress

lmfao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!