Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

deoju posted:

This is either a dumbass oversight or a loving brilliant joke.

Either way, I am looking forward to the sequel.

I still can't believe it's finally coming out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
One of the biggest criticisms of the Bill and Ted series is the usage of "fag" as a derogative. Watching "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey" even goes so far as having Bill say he loves his evil twin immediately before being dumped off a cliff and called the f slur again by the evil doppelgangers.

In the scene *immediately* preceding that, though, Evil Robot Bill says that doing something wicked has given him an evil robot chubby, to which Evil Robot Ted responds "later, dude."

They're perfect, evil copies. They're monstrous dicks, but they're still all about eachother. I just thought it was funny that they slipped that in despite all the pushback being the f-slur. Yeah, it sucks that they said that, repeatedly, but they point out the dude's love eachother to the point that even the evil robot versions of themselves do, too.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

josh hartnett is growing into a p dece tommy lee jones

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I haven't heard of him in ages

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

He was in the last two Guy Ritchie movies. I only saw Wrath of Man but I hated him in it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

marshmallow creep posted:

He was in the last two Guy Ritchie movies. I only saw Wrath of Man but I hated him in it.

So the perfect Tommy Lee Jones :v:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He and Hugh Jackman were the only tolerable parts of Operation Fortune an otherwise totally garbage film

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Milo and POTUS posted:

I haven't heard of him in ages

hes in one of the new black mirror eps

marshmallow creep posted:

memory is starting to fade so this is all i have left: wrath of man was not a good movie. real poo poo hiring process for the money transportation company? yea lets hire the guy who looks super angry and actively refuses to talk

i like statham & i like old guy richie movies but that was weird

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Gaius Marius posted:

He and Hugh Jackman were the only tolerable parts of Operation Fortune an otherwise totally garbage film

That was Hugh Grant

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

GrandpaPants posted:

That was Hugh Grant

Is anyone else now imagining Hugh Grant playing wolverine?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Well we are now

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Cowslips Warren posted:

Well, I'mma imma uh- the best at ah what I do, ah bub.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Carthag Tuek posted:

memory is starting to fade so this is all i have left: wrath of man was not a good movie. real poo poo hiring process for the money transportation company? yea lets hire the guy who looks super angry and actively refuses to talk

i like statham & i like old guy richie movies but that was weird

Confirm. Extremely boring and predictable. Definitely weird.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

The Black Adder guy? A bit tall for that, isn't he?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Randalor posted:

The Black Adder guy? A bit tall for that, isn't he?

That's Hugh Laurie.

Hugh Grant is the romcom guy.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Beachcomber posted:

That's Hugh Laurie.

Hugh Grant is the romcom guy.

That's Hugh Bonneville.

Hugh Grant is the guy who plays bumbling conmen.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

No no no that’s I’m really bad at this, please help.

Hugh Grant is what I call my extremely large testicles.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Warbird posted:

No no no that’s I’m really bad at this, please help.

Hugh Grant is what I call my extremely large testicles.

Those are Huge Gonads

Or Nards

Hugh Grant is the guy who defeated Robert E. Lee in a duel at Gettysburg and restored peace to the United States forevermore undivided

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I don't want to go on a Huge Rant about this but I'm pretty sure we are talking about Hugh Dancy!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'm Hugh Jazz.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

deoju posted:

I'm Hugh Jazz.

I enjoyed your cameo on the Simpsons as Hugh Jass.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

fartknocker posted:

I enjoyed your cameo on the Simpsons as Hugh Jass.

Wasn't that Samantha Janus' brother Hugh?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Goofy little thing in Man of Steel-

They don't linger on this, it's blink and you miss it. Weird vibe the film has overall but it's charming sometimes!

edit: It's, uh, not too subtle otherwise though huh. The part where he silhouetted earth in Christ-pose was real good

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 02:57 on Jun 29, 2023

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Subtle moments in Man Of Steel: fire/heat represents Krypton and Kryptonian powers/values, water/cold represents Earth and peace/safety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOCc0lomKe8

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Did a re-watch of Raging Bull and one thing I really like about it is that we're never told if Vicky Lamotta was, in fact, cheating on Jake. Joey refuses to answer the question, Vicky is vague in many ways when confronted about her whereabouts on certain days and shows up at the Copa with Salvy's crew and, even though it's primarily meant to be read as Jake's paranoia and controlling nature, there's never any definitive answer. She "confesses" to Jake but it's portrayed in a way that she's just saying it to hurt him during an argument. No one would blame Vicky for infidelity anyway, given the abusive nature of her relationship.

Listened to the Scorsese commentary and he says that it was, in fact, intentionally ambiguous since the story was cobbled together from stories told by several people, all of whom described things from a different perspective with no way of knowing who was reliable.

Also neat - and something I never noticed - is that even though the film is shot in black and white, all of the home movies and polaroids are in color and processed in a way to make them look old.

There's a lot of subtle poo poo in this movie that really rewards repeated viewings. What a great loving film.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Finally got around to watching the classic Sandler film, Jack and Jill. It's every bit as awful as I expected it to be, but there was one joke that... it almost feels like I'm not getting the joke because it's a movie made up of the most obvious and awful jokes but this struck me as so funny I would laugh every time it happened. Jack's annoying sister Jill has a loud parrot, and it only knows how to say a few things, but the most common thing it shouts is WHERE WERE YOU??? The way it's delivered, the questions it makes me ask but does not answer are very funny to me.

The Dunkaccino thing is alright, too, but eh

credburn has a new favorite as of 22:41 on Jul 13, 2023

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Self harm is never okay, friend.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

credburn posted:

Finally got around to watching the classic Sandler film, Jack and Jill. It's every bit as awful as I expected it to be, but there was one joke that... it almost feels like I'm not getting the joke because it's a movie made up of the most obvious and awful jokes but this struck me as so funny I would laugh every time it happened. Jack's annoying sister Jill has a loud parrot, and it only knows how to say a few things, but the most common thing it shouts is WHERE WERE YOU??? The way it's delivered, the questions it makes me ask but does not answer are very funny to me.

The Dunkaccino thing is alright, too, but eh

Do you need someone to talk to? How can we move forward to a place where you don’t feel you have to do these negative things to yourself?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Prowler's theme in Spider-Verse was pretty much Miles' theme backwards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ggXdn8L1tU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

It's not exactly a subtle movie moment, but I've had it pointed out to me that Oppenheimer and Barbie both star an actor who has played a gifted psychiatrist who behaved inappropriately with their patients, went mad themselves and ended up fighting Batman.

In one of life's odder coincidences, they've also both been nominated for the BAFTA for Best Performance in a Comedy or Musical.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
the dunkaccino scene was NOT alright

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Regarde Aduck posted:

the dunkaccino scene was NOT alright

Even in universe it was poo poo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It was an advertisement for dd in this universe

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I feel the context is just the parrot likes playing hide and seek.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Not that uncommon, I hear your mom has hidden a cockatoo in her time.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

It's not exactly a subtle movie moment, but I've had it pointed out to me that Oppenheimer and Barbie both star an actor who has played a gifted psychiatrist who behaved inappropriately with their patients, went mad themselves and ended up fighting Batman.

In one of life's odder coincidences, they've also both been nominated for the BAFTA for Best Performance in a Comedy or Musical.

Yet only Cilian Murphy has hanged dong in a movie (28 Days Later, 2002) and, so far as I know, Margot Robbie has never hanged (hung?) dong at all.

Amazing performers both, nonetheless.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

A Terrible Person posted:

Yet only Cilian Murphy has hanged dong in a movie (28 Days Later, 2002) and, so far as I know, Margot Robbie has never hanged (hung?) dong at all.

Margot Robbie went Full Monty in The Wolf of Wall Street.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

A Terrible Person posted:

hanged dong = he dangled someone from the neck with his dong until dead

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Android Apocalypse posted:

Margot Robbie went Full Monty in The Wolf of Wall Street.

Sure. But there was no dong. I'm sure she could pull it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Mauser posted:

hanged dong = he dangled someone from the neck with his dong until dead

I don't remember that part, but I remember some intense eye-gouging.

And Maynard, who will never bake bread.

*Edit* and Frank, especially at the end.
Great movie filmed intentionally in a terrible format

"I love you.very much. Keep away from me. KEEP AWAY! KEEP AWAY!".*gunshots*

A Terrible Person has a new favorite as of 21:02 on Jul 25, 2023