Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
No-no, bugs live in smart contracts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

smart contracts are a sea of dirty shrimps

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Paladinus posted:

No-no, bugs live in smart contracts.

Bugcoin.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Featurecoin

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
Shrimp.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

[Moltar voice]: Barbecued shrimp!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
what a nice veggie plater

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
i still remember that on my typing exam, 27 years ago, there was a text about how very big shrimp are sometimes sold as lobsters, and thinking that people buying that have to be very stupid

remember, when kids used to learn how to type? when we didn't just think they'll pick it up [somehow]?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Those pastries look delicious

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

the bankman radius of a set of crimes, defined as 2GM/c^2 (where G is the universal crime constant, M is the total crimes committed within a region of space measured in prison-years, and c is the rate of confession in vacuum in crimes per second), is the radius of a sphere within which those crimes will collapse on themselves into a homogeneous singularity and prevent prosecution due to the impossibility of bringing specific charges

In order to satisfy the laws of crimeodynamics, whenever a crime falls past the bankman radius, fross radiation (containing a random confession) is emitted in order to prevent the permanent loss of the crimes contained within the singularity

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
there's a near zero chance that we may crime all of the earth

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

EricBauman posted:

i still remember that on my typing exam, 27 years ago, there was a text about how very big shrimp are sometimes sold as lobsters, and thinking that people buying that have to be very stupid

remember, when kids used to learn how to type? when we didn't just think they'll pick it up [somehow]?

i had typing classes like 20 years ago, had to type words to make a little row boat do a race.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
plate o' shrimp

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
we had to do the imaginary mavis beacon software in elementary school

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This really is an all time classic

https://twitter.com/insultsrare/status/1683870831758147586?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
true hall of famer, that one

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

orange juche posted:

Those pastries look delicious

mediaphage posted:

we had to do the imaginary mavis beacon software in elementary school

same, plus my parents got us Mario Teaches Typing at home in the hopes it would motivate us to learn by association (it didn't once the novelty wore off).

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

sam bankman fried's downfall

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

man i never had typing classes & i started school in the mid 80s

took an "advanced word processing" elective in the early 90s, but it was just our physics teacher talking about partitions and defragging while we played warcraft 1 on mute

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

took an "advanced word processing" elective in the early 90s, but it was just our physics teacher talking about partitions and defragging while we played warcraft 1 on mute

even my mom had typing classes

...back in the 60's, on mechanical typewriters :shobon:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

my english & danish teachers told me i had to do at least every other assignment by hand (instead of printed on my parents ImageWriter II) which probably sucked at least as much for them as for me lol

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
There was a 'keyboarding' class offered in 7th grade and i signed up thinking they meant synthesizers lol

(I took it anyway, and again in 11th grade because computers are the future, no regrets)

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

Carthag Tuek posted:

I started school in the early 80s in North Carolina, before our state decided that a good public education system was detrimental to life as we know it, and in elementary school we went to the library a few times to type on those weird little keyboards with an LCD display showing like one line of text with built in typing lessons.

That's pretty much the only typing class I ever had, we used actual typewriters a few times before we had those LCD display keyboards, and I just remember the teacher and a couple of librarian helpers running around and fixing all these hosed up ink ribbons. Plus we had to take turns on the typewriter since there were only a few.

I self taught touch typing at some point in highschool because I hated typing papers and wanted to be done quickly. I also conned my dad into buying dragon speaking naturally from Sam's Club on one trip, an early voice to text thing, that I barely used. One of the training reads on it was a Dave Barry book, haha.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Carthag Tuek posted:

i never had a typing class either. i think we used some typing tutorial software a couple of times during "computer class", which was the 20 minutes a week we got to use the apple 2s that were in the basement of the grade school (this was in the 90s)

we had to spend an inordinate amount of time practicing cursive though, because "in high school and beyond, no non-cursive work will be accepted". then we got to high school and nobody cared, and at the university level, everything had to be typed

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Manzoon posted:

I started school in the early 80s in North Carolina, before our state decided that a good public education system was detrimental to life as we know it, and in elementary school we went to the library a few times to type on those weird little keyboards with an LCD display showing like one line of text with built in typing lessons.

That's pretty much the only typing class I ever had, we used actual typewriters a few times before we had those LCD display keyboards, and I just remember the teacher and a couple of librarian helpers running around and fixing all these hosed up ink ribbons. Plus we had to take turns on the typewriter since there were only a few.

I self taught touch typing at some point in highschool because I hated typing papers and wanted to be done quickly. I also conned my dad into buying dragon speaking naturally from Sam's Club on one trip, an early voice to text thing, that I barely used. One of the training reads on it was a Dave Barry book, haha.

I learned touch typing using of all things, AutoCAD. You realize how much faster the keyboard is than your mouse fast

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

Isentropy posted:

I learned touch typing using of all things, AutoCAD. You realize how much faster the keyboard is than your mouse fast

Haha, I took a two part drafting class in highschool, one semester was by hand and the second was with computers. We used a few programs, notably rhino and AutoCAD LT, and dear god the command line was magical then. I'm pretty much doing most of the same stuff today doing professional CAD work.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Boxturret posted:

sam bankman's fried downfall

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shocked at how bad all of your educations were, in south carolina in the 90s the deal was you touch type 30WPM or you do 8th grade twice

please no questions about any other part of the cirriculum

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
in the early 90s we had "keyboarding" classes starting at i think 2nd grade in new jersey public school

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Boxturret posted:

i had typing classes like 20 years ago, had to type words to make a little row boat do a race.

i think i played this too and i cannot find it. it had a bunch of other spelling and grammar based games too, if it was the same one.

i am now going crazy trying to find it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Manzoon posted:

Haha, I took a two part drafting class in highschool, one semester was by hand and the second was with computers. We used a few programs, notably rhino and AutoCAD LT, and dear god the command line was magical then. I'm pretty much doing most of the same stuff today doing professional CAD work.

i did drafting for 4 years in high school, the first one and a half were by hand and the remainder were in autocad and 3d studio viz. the minute we hit the cad portion i was completing the daily assignments in 5 minutes because they basically gave you all the steps and you could just punch that poo poo into the command line and out pops your model

i've since returned to parametric cad for some hobby stuff, 20 years later, and it's like falling off a bike. you never forget how.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i learned how to type the best way: irc. can't manage 80 wpm? then you ain't in the conversation, kid

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i learned how to type the best way: irc. can't manage 80 wpm? then you ain't in the conversation, kid

yeah i "learned to type" in elementary school, sorta, but i actually learned to type the second i got dangerously unmonitored internet access at like age 11 and needed it to chat efficiently lol

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

infernal machines posted:

i did drafting for 4 years in high school, the first one and a half were by hand and the remainder were in autocad and 3d studio viz. the minute we hit the cad portion i was completing the daily assignments in 5 minutes because they basically gave you all the steps and you could just punch that poo poo into the command line and out pops your model

i've since returned to parametric cad for some hobby stuff, 20 years later, and it's like falling off a bike. you never forget how.

Autocad was shockingly simple to pick up after a decade of Dwarf Fortress

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
im poo poo at typing. i flail ineffectively at the keys until the ide manages to guess what im trying to do

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

shame on an IGA posted:

shocked at how bad all of your educations were, in south carolina in the 90s the deal was you touch type 30WPM or you do 8th grade twice

please no questions about any other part of the cirriculum

wait there's a south carolina now??

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Boxturret posted:

wait there's a south carolina now??

what unnecessary decadence

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

infernal machines posted:

lol yeah i did a drafting course in highschool and it was similar, i finished all the assignments for the whole class in a week or two and for the rest of the class i got to just mess around making tanks in rhino

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Paladinus is typing...