Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Presto posted:

I mean, it says "toaster pastries" right on the box, people.

Listen here, bud, if I had the box, I wouldn't be asking these stupid questions, would i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

steinrokkan posted:

Listen here, bud, if I had the box, I wouldn't be asking these stupid questions, would i

stupid questions are all you do and we thank you for your service!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Musk about to nuke Community Notes from orbit.

https://twitter.com/ChrisDVernon/st...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Cold poptarts are largely flavorless. This may be an advantage depending on your preferences and the specific type.

Presumably a poptart eaten still frozen would be nothing but texture.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Speleothing posted:

Cold poptarts are largely flavorless. This may be an advantage depending on your preferences and the specific type.

Presumably a poptart eaten still frozen would be nothing but texture.

You bite into a frosted poptart with candy filling at room temp and you can’t taste anything?

Did you not unwrap it?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1683902378389405706

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you can pan fry it with butter.

thats a what the Good Eats episode on pocket pies, and where Alton Brown makes a home made poptart. He parabakes it and finishes with the panfry.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Elon Musk is one dumb motherfucker

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t understand why goons think anyone cares about what food they eat

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
If you want something toasted, eat a Toaster Strudel. If you want a small sugar brick to get lovely coffee down, eat an untoasted Pop Tart.

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

CTRL+B

Whew what a day

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t understand why goons think anyone cares about what food they eat

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

raifield posted:

CTRL+B

Whew what a day

Revert revert!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1683947705876328450?t=LzM7msr6_FEAcjAl-4OxTg&s=19

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

elon musk lol

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Endorph posted:

he thinks knowing x is used in mathematics for an unknown value makes him the smartest man in the world

Reserving a comment of "X=0" for when Mush runs Twitter/X Corp into the ground.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

MrMidnight posted:

elon musk lol

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_lnYqyf7YA

also "make my words" is what i tell my keyboard to do

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Jawohl, mein Böerer!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

that is one stupid motherfucker

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart
Didn't Xerox use that same font in the past? Also the logo was just X between 94 and 08

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Nothing says brand identity quite like saying you're going to be constantly changing your logo.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Everytime on cue, when a part of the system contradicts ole Elon, he changes it to suit himself only.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

He doesn’t even know how to remove letters off a loving building correctly.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Pyromancer posted:

Didn't Xerox use that same font in the past? Also the logo was just X between 94 and 08

Idk but that font style is just “blackboard bold”. Anyone who has ever taken a math class in college has seen it.

Lick Joe
Sep 30, 2000
Forum Veteran

Linda Yaccarino, 11:09am: Introducing the Bold New Era of X: empowering innovation with unapologetic typography! This thrilling transition epitomizes our unyielding pursuit of excellence, propelling X to the very apex of cutting-edge tech innovation. It's more than just a font; it's a symbol of our unbounded aspiration and innovation that will reverberate across the entire digital landscape. We're just getting started!

Linda Yaccarino, 2:09pm: Unveiling Evolution neXt: embracing simplicity and refined elegance! Prepare to be captivated by the transformative journey of X, as we transcend the boundaries of innovation and dive headfirst into the realm of sophistication, as we enter a brave new world of standard-weight typography. While innovation on other sites is limited to a snail's pace, X is able to deliver iteration at the speed of thought. Stay tuned for more!

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Pop Tarts are gross. You're all gross.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

He's so loving stupid

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Pop Tarts are gross. You're all gross.

I honestly did not know adults ate those, I thought it was just children with bad parents.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
A lot of people eat pop tarts. Never take what people say they eat online as any real test on what people actually eat

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
elon's obsession with x reminds me of this guy who tried to claim legal ownership of the word 'edge' in any context as regards computers or software for decades

quote:

During the trial, Langdell claimed he invented the Edge logo in 1991, prior to the magazine's launch in 1993, and submitted a floppy disk from 1991 containing a file with the logo. However, Future's expert found the disk's contents were created using Windows 95.[85] The judge summarized: "Dr Langdell concocted disk 1 in support of his claim that he had invented the EDGE logo in 1991. When this was exposed by the claimant's expert he constructed an elaborate explanation and created disk 3, having learned from the Report how to avoid the mistakes he made the first time."[86]

quote:

In 2001, Edge Games sought revocation of Namco's United Kingdom trademark "Soul Edge" (for the arcade game Soul Edge) for reasons including an alleged similarity between the "Edge" and "Soul Edge" marks. The opposition failed on all grounds. Nevertheless, Namco had already decided to use the name Soul Blade for the PlayStation version in the United States and Europe to avoid potential complications, with the name Soulcalibur being used on all sequels for the same reason.[91]

quote:

In 2014, Edge Games began a trademark case against the game peripherals company Razer Inc., regarding its Razer Edge gaming tablets. Edge Games filed an application for "SL8" in tablets in 2012, serial number 85704825, indicating that it would sell Windows 8 tablets at some point.[106] The application was eventually denied.[107] Langdell's subsequent attempts to trademark hardware under the "Edge PC" name were granted, along with "Edge Games," and "Edge Gaming PC" in 2019 and 2020.[108]

and the piece de resistance:

quote:

Edge Games filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against EA over the "Mirror's Edge" mark in June 2010.[71][72] Almost a year later, and after a case in the UK court against Future, Langdell claimed that Edge Games filed the lawsuit against EA at the insistence of its trademark partner Future Publishing.[54][73] Edge Games charged EA with engaging in willful infringement and unfair competition, and requested damages and a court injunction against further infringement.[72] EA responded with a counterclaim to cancel Edge Games' trademarks, and argued that Edge Games obtained the trademarks based on fraudulent representations to the USPTO including doctored submissions of magazine covers and game boxes.[74][75] EA added that the trademarks had not been in commercial use at the time of registration.[74][75] The judge denied Edge Games' request for an injunction in October 2010,[76] stating that Edge Games had abandoned use of its marks, misrepresented its case to the USPTO,[76][77] and not shown their use of the trademarks to "legitimately extend beyond trolling various gaming-related industries for licensing opportunities."[78][79]

EA and Edge Games reached a settlement in early October,[77][80] where Edge Games would surrender the trademarks "edge" (registered twice), "cutting edge", "the edge", and "gamer's edge".[81] No damages were awarded to EA or Edge Games, and each would pay their own legal fees.[82] The settlement stipulated that neither party admitted fault or wrongdoing and that no party was found guilty of wrongdoing.[81][82] On October 10, 2010, it was reported that the settlement had been approved by the judge, and a final order had been issued.[81][82] The USPTO cancelled the five "Edge" trademarks on April 9, 2013.[83][84]

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

CharlestheHammer posted:

A lot of people eat pop tarts. Never take what people say they eat online as any real test on what people actually eat

Yeah, always shocking how bad people are at being adults, so I suppose some do.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Three Olives posted:

Yeah, always shocking how bad people are at being adults, so I suppose some do.

Who cares you wealthy toddler

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Sterf posted:

wtf is a poptart
Not much what is a pop with you?

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

This Is the Zodiac posted:

I saw a rare US performance by X JAPAN back in 2010 and it absolutely owned.

Was this in Chicago? I think I was at that show.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elon: Can you make the logo "pop" more?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Lick Joe posted:

Linda Yaccarino, 11:09am: Introducing the Bold New Era of X: empowering innovation with unapologetic typography! This thrilling transition epitomizes our unyielding pursuit of excellence, propelling X to the very apex of cutting-edge tech innovation. It's more than just a font; it's a symbol of our unbounded aspiration and innovation that will reverberate across the entire digital landscape. We're just getting started!

Linda Yaccarino, 2:09pm: Unveiling Evolution neXt: embracing simplicity and refined elegance! Prepare to be captivated by the transformative journey of X, as we transcend the boundaries of innovation and dive headfirst into the realm of sophistication, as we enter a brave new world of standard-weight typography. While innovation on other sites is limited to a snail's pace, X is able to deliver iteration at the speed of thought. Stay tuned for more!

sorry Yacc is very busy today

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I'm 39 years old, what is 'sliv'

Fobby
Jun 28, 2023
Have any news organizations interviewed any of the companies who still advertise with X to find out what the gently caress they're still thinking? Do they expect the plane to pull out of this tail spin? Are white supremecists a target demographic for them? Is it one of those "any attention is good attention" things?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I suddenly realized that I'd never seen Season 6 of Silicon Valley, so I went back and watched the finale of S5 to remind myself what was going on.

And what I had forgotten was that the show makes a significant plot point of how cool and desirable Teslas are, particularly because of "Ludicrous Mode", which figures into the plot as a way to have some characters go very fast.

It reminds me that Elon had to call it "Ludicrous Mode" instead of "Ludicrous Speed" presumably to avoid having to pay royalties to Mel Brooks or whoever. And that's got to gnaw at him lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

morningdrew posted:

I'm 39 years old, what is 'sliv'

it's what you do right before you X