Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Data Graham posted:

I suddenly realized that I'd never seen Season 6 of Silicon Valley, so I went back and watched the finale of S5 to remind myself what was going on.

And what I had forgotten was that the show makes a significant plot point of how cool and desirable Teslas are, particularly because of "Ludicrous Mode", which figures into the plot as a way to have some characters go very fast.

It reminds me that Elon had to call it "Ludicrous Mode" instead of "Ludicrous Speed" presumably to avoid having to pay royalties to Mel Brooks or whoever. And that's got to gnaw at him lmao

I didn’t take it to make that point at all, because gilfoyle kept dunking on dinesh with his inexpensive plugin bike trike thing and dinesh crashed his telsa trying to show off because he’a an idiot who does not need that much power.

Dinesh ended up owning a smashed up tesla and was stuck with it after he tried to flaunt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is Paris Hilton still relevant in tyool 2023?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
man if hal jordan was modding this thread there would be so many probes right now

e: pop tarts

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Pop Tarts are gross. You're all gross.

I'm not sure why someone would choose a Pop-Tart over a Toaster Strudel

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

raifield posted:

I'm not sure why someone would choose a Pop-Tart over a Toaster Strudel

They're frozen, at that point I might as well grow a field of wheat and make a dream pastry if I'm meant to accommodate this fragile and perishable thing

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Boris Galerkin posted:

she's very sliv. such x.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Well he almost killed himself in an F1 McClaren

A man so dumb he has to buy out a self driving car company so he can use a car without smashing it

I'm almost positive thiel was riding with him too

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Fobby posted:

Have any news organizations interviewed any of the companies who still advertise with X to find out what the gently caress they're still thinking? Do they expect the plane to pull out of this tail spin? Are white supremecists a target demographic for them? Is it one of those "any attention is good attention" things?

I mean just look at the ads. They're all ridiculous bullshit and/or scams. Musk is probably trying to make up for lost ad revenue by selling ad space for dirt cheap.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

AlmightyBob posted:

I'm almost positive thiel was riding with him too

Imagine a world where they both died....just imagine....

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

she got paid to shill buttcoins in 2021??

she's rich so she should probably be guillotined and the 00s hate machine for her was definitely 1000% incel misogynistic rage.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

:what:
:thunk:
:monocle:

Son of a BITCH.

I think you might have missed something. "Loss"ed it, one could say.

Waffle House posted:

Threads still owns, it's like Pre-2015 Twitter except there's posts about Elon Musk imploding, and they appropriately banned all the :rip: stankposting chronically banned types

I made a new Insta account to make a Threads account, for testing, and the fuckers suspended me. I have lietrally posted nothing, and they suspended me for... fake identity? I really don't know. I had some trouble creating the account, and it refused to accept my email when I tried again AND refused to send a password reset to the original email, so I guess it got upset about *something*.
Thankfully, I don't care.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

PhazonLink posted:

she got paid to shill buttcoins in 2021??

she's rich so she should probably be guillotined and the 00s hate machine for her was definitely 1000% incel misogynistic rage.

yeah no other reason to dislike her back then good point man

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

PhazonLink posted:

you can pan fry it with butter.

thats a what the Good Eats episode on pocket pies, and where Alton Brown makes a home made poptart. He parabakes it and finishes with the panfry.

ah, yes, good ol’ alton “i don’t care how many teenagers my hero raped, he still wrote a great cookbook” brown

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

...! posted:

More like Hypnospace Outlaw

Interestingly Hypnospace has a side story, one among dozens, that is centred around an egocentric head of the company renaming, consolidating and removing beloved and popular communities into ones that line up better with their corporate vision, pleasing nobody while tearing apart established relationships and forcing opposing communities together.

Basically just play Hypnospace you loving ingrates it's so good

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

priznat posted:

I didn’t take it to make that point at all, because gilfoyle kept dunking on dinesh with his inexpensive plugin bike trike thing and dinesh crashed his telsa trying to show off because he’a an idiot who does not need that much power.

Dinesh ended up owning a smashed up tesla and was stuck with it after he tried to flaunt it.

There’s the key part there, it’s the character who failed, not the Tesla with its super driving mega mode which is too much for mortal man.

Gran Turismo 7 has kind of the opposite thing, there’s a Tesla model… something in it, and if you select it you can literally only ever race against the same exact car. It tops out at 130MPH, and would get absolutely dusted by like 3/4 of other cars in the game, so they won’t let you see it. The Tesla can only lose to another Tesla.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

priznat posted:

At first I thought you were talking about Jr.'s wife and D'Souza.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

kazil posted:

sorry Yacc is very busy today

Where the gently caress did they dig up Paris Hilton from

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I'm going to X Elon's loving head off

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Mokotow posted:

Where the gently caress did they dig up Paris Hilton from

she's been popping up a lot recently as a business guru type. a bunch of people were like OMG WTF because her speaking voice is lower than when she was doing the dumb valley girl shtick.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Dick Fontaine posted:

ah, yes, good ol’ alton “i don’t care how many teenagers my hero raped, he still wrote a great cookbook” brown

Well, I just learned a thing. Literally published that in a book and all.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

she's been popping up a lot recently as a business guru type. a bunch of people were like OMG WTF because her speaking voice is lower than when she was doing the dumb valley girl shtick.

She can be the new brand ambassador. The Xambassador, if you will.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Boris Galerkin posted:

there has been a push for rehabbing her and having her make appearances again now that the elon school and other child abuse factories are getting some pushback for being horrible monstrous abuses of power and morality

she basically went from one of those teenager-abuse scared straight schools onto reality tv

our culture is cool and good

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Hilton was hawking Bored Ape NFTs on Jimmy Fallon last year.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Infinitum posted:

Well he almost killed himself in an F1 McClaren

this puts him in an exclusive club along with the drummer from pink floyd and mr bean

soupdragon
Dec 29, 2019

Darchangel posted:

I made a new Insta account to make a Threads account, for testing, and the fuckers suspended me. I have lietrally posted nothing, and they suspended me for... fake identity? I really don't know. I had some trouble creating the account, and it refused to accept my email when I tried again AND refused to send a password reset to the original email, so I guess it got upset about *something*.

Similar thing happened to me earlier, never had an instagram account before. Could be a technical issue but it did sent the verification email okay.

I did use an android emulator instead of my phone (I have enough crap on there already). I don't know if that caused it to get flagged.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

E the Shaggy posted:

Musk about to nuke Community Notes from orbit.

https://twitter.com/ChrisDVernon/st...%5Es1_&ref_url=

:lmao: this is priceless. Elon is just the thinnest-skinned fragile hipster-nazi-memelord wannabe

Immediately when I saw that LeBron's kid had a heart failure I thought "yeah, there was a huge cardiorespiratory virus that swept across the earth a few years ago, probably gonna see an uptick in those kind of things."

But no, of course the dumbest people on earth are going to blame it on the scientifically scrutinized solution to that virus

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

No you guys, see, he hasn't lost it, he's practicing talking to and commanding the Dark-Thirty omniscient MKULTRA ECHELON God Machine AI that interfaces with our neuralink implants.

Spending $1 billion dollars on very showy, shiny, glowy servers will later totally be a sick puppetmastering move too :elon:

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

spaceblancmange posted:

this puts him in an exclusive club along with the drummer from pink floyd and mr bean

Rowan Atkinson drove his for like 17 years and has a clue what he is doing behind the wheel as opposed to dipshit Elon.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Mokotow posted:

She can be the new brand ambassador. The Xambassador, if you will.

Fujifilm already has that copyrighted, I think. The photographers they employ and use work from for their ad campaigns are (or maybe were) called X-Ambassadors, because the camera system they make is based around the X-mount.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
I doubt it’ll happen but it would be peak if Musk decided to ban mention of “Twitter” or “tweets” from the website when nobody uses his new dumbfuck names

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Twitter is now a slur on this website.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

kdrudy posted:

Rowan Atkinson drove his for like 17 years and has a clue what he is doing behind the wheel as opposed to dipshit Elon.

no it was mr bean

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

ishikabibble posted:

Fujifilm already has that copyrighted, I think. The photographers they employ and use work from for their ad campaigns are (or maybe were) called X-Ambassadors, because the camera system they make is based around the X-mount.

MotherFUCKERS

(I’m starting to think this Elon fella is not a great businessman)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Cis-Twitter-owner Elon Musk

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Further Reading posted:

Twitter is now a slur on this website.

ok but is it a good slur or a bad slur?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Three Olives posted:

Yeah, always shocking how bad people are at being adults, so I suppose some do.

Didn't you just get probed for classist trolling in another thread?

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

morningdrew posted:

I'm 39 years old, what is 'sliv'

Portmanteau of slaying and living.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

kazil posted:

ok but is it a good slur or a bad slur?

It's a bad slur, unless you're from the Bay Area, in which case you're allowed to say it

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Songbearer posted:

Basically just play Hypnospace you loving ingrates it's so good

Also has music by Hot Dad. It’s a fun time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I hope every single emoji-eating livestreamer uploads all their streams to New Twitter and fills up their servers until they're too broke to run them anymore.