Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
(08) Week Four Summary

Council Meeting

Is our break over already? I almost forgot to reconvene this meeting. We have three very generous offers from King Talys, which of them shall we accept?

Bregor: King Talys, was it? Not the most... cordial of people to deal with, I must say. For Lorsulia's sake let us hope the apple did fall far from the tree. But dowries don't grow on trees, now do they? I suggest we take up the King's offer and welcome a new general to our fold. Stan, reliable as he is, cannot deal with everything himself. And what good are soldiers without a proper commander to lead them?

PurpleXVI: Get Another General: We might need two military operations at once, and if not, maybe he's a funny guy and he and Stan can strike up a comedy duo.

Level Seven: Welcome a new general, we need more people to delegate long tasks.

Veloxyll: Troops. No number of generals can protect us without troops at their call.

sb hermit: We should send for the General since we may not need 3000 men right now, and we may need to feed and shelter them while they are garrisoned here.

SimplyUnknown1: I agree with this. 3000 soldiers is a good start, but we do need more allies. While doubling the army size would be useful, we'd also have to be the ones to feed them and it's much easier to feed one extra person than 3000.

It does seem like General Stan is barely getting a moment to himself these days, as soon as he returns he is sent out on another errand. I'll inform the King that we will need an extra pair of hands to help our already overworked General. Now it's on to the matter of the Radovian forces, I was going to send Stan out to check on them in the middle of the night but I thought that he should at least get a good night's sleep first. What should we do about this Radovian force that has been spotted in our land?

TheDavies: Send our current General to investigate

Bregor: The threat of Radovian invasion is our most pressing concern. Send General Stan to get to the bottom of this at once!

jkq: Send Stan for more info.

FoolyCharged: Send Stan, he's been asking for some overtime pay anyway.

That impudent wretch! He is a useful wretch though, if he keeps up the hard work I may consider a pay rise. I'll send Stan on his way as soon as this meeting has concluded. The Queen has kindly taken on the mammoth task of planning the upcoming royal wedding but we still need to fund it from our own resources. We only have four weeks to get everything ready and we need to make sure that we don't spend too much all at once.

Level Seven: Just buy fabrics, don't get everything too early and blow our wallets up. Also don't buy things very late in case they won't be available.

jkq: Buy fabrics so they can start working on the dresses.

FoolyCharged: Hire a band can't have a party without a band.

Bregor: I do hope Lorsulia finds the lands of Atana, not to mention her new Prince, to her liking. But weddings can be such fun! I do enjoy dancing, so hire a band for sure! We also have the means to buy the flowers as it only costs 15 resources and we make 9 per week. Fabrics seem a luxury for now, so that would be the extent of it for now, in my opinion. Only last week I suggested we keep spending low, and then a royal wedding finds its way to Davern!

sb hermit: We should hire the musicians and hopefully make do without the other wedding expenses for now.

TheDavies: Buy fabrics.

SimplyUnknown1: I agree with this!

Black Robe: Agreed.

Hmm... there are definitely some strong opinions on all sides but there seems to be more favour with buying the fabrics. I'll put this to a vote next week as I don't want to empty our treasury while we still have a few more weeks to decide. There is one more thing on the agenda before we call it a night. Should we invite Ada to the court our should we leave it for a later date?

PurpleXVI: Invite Ada: She might not have a big army, but maybe she has good ideas. I still hold on to the idea that perhaps we can settle things with the Radovians peacefully. After all, perhaps Beyran isn't such a bad guy.

jkq: Invite Ada to visit, we want more allies.

Bregor: I suggest we invite Ada for an audience. We must not be too object-oriented, but sixty soldiers and a resource would do well with our processing. The more allies we compile into our fold, the more successful the output.

sb hermit: We should invite Lady Ada and see if she's got the low-low on current events.

FoolyCharged: Invite Ada our kingdom is disability friendly.

Disability friendly? One more comment like that and... *ahem*Thank you all for your time once again! I will inform the King of the decisions made this evening. You have four weeks until the wedding and you will all be in attendance as guests of the King, with no exceptions. I shall see you all at the next meeting in a week's time!

Ah, King Eryk! Have you made a decision yet?

I have indeed. You'll provide a General to help with our people's needs.

How about I just pay for one of yours?

That's fine.

Audry, let's send General Stan out to scout the Radovian forces. We need to see what they are up to. And where's that pigeon gone? I'd like you to invite Ada to our court at her earliest convenience.

Yes, Your Grace.

End Of Week Four!

Archives

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
I do realise that I made a post half an hour saying that I'll work on an update for Wednesday but then I realised that there wasn't a whole lot to really do for this update.

Asalia's name is highlighted in the archive section but there wasn't a new entry for her, that's down to my end of things and not an error in the game itself.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Looking forwards to the next bit!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I'm surprised no one voted on the flowers as our supplies are at a healthy level and we're getting 9 a week.

Bregor posted:

We also have the means to buy the flowers as it only costs 15 resources and we make 9 per week.

I was saying boo-urns buy the flowers :smith:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Bregor posted:

I was saying boo-urns buy the flowers :smith:

I apologise for my oversight. Please forgive me.

I'll amend the post forthwith.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 25, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I started to work on the next update and then I realised that I forgot to include the council meeting in the last update :doh: No wonder why it took me a lot less time than usual and I was feeling so proud of myself for getting it done so quickly. I was about two screenshots and two lines of dialogue into the next week when I noticed the empty hole where the meeting should have been. I decided to use my time to rectify this and I'll start to work on the next update tomorrow night instead.

I apologise for the cock-up, there have been a few so far and we're only about an eighth of the way through the LP so far.

The update is at the top of the page or you can use this link here to go straight to it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4034168&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post533419405

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 26, 2023

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Minor typo: you put me down as "jqk" instead of "jkq". :)

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

jkq posted:

Minor typo: you put me down as "jqk" instead of "jkq". :)

I looked at your name two or three times to make sure I was getting your... *checks* three lettered name spelt correctly and I still misspelt it. I'm sorry for getting it wrong, I've fixed it now.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I apologise for the cock-up, there have been a few so far and we're only about an eighth of the way through the LP so far.

No worries, it's all for fun! I'm enjoying the LP so much I bought it on Steam but haven't started playing it yet just so I won't spoil the plot.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

I looked at your name two or three times to make sure I was getting your... *checks* three lettered name spelt correctly and I still misspelt it. I'm sorry for getting it wrong, I've fixed it now.

No worries, thanks for fixing it!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'll be posting the next update within the next couple of days. I'm having to stay up late for silly reasons even though I'm expecting a far too early wake-up from my daughter. I decided to occupy myself with transcribing the dialogue and putting together all of the images. I just need to do some editing to some of the dialogue to fit in the choices as well as write out the council meeting. I won't have time to do it in the morning but I will try to finish things off when I get home from work.

Bregor posted:

No worries, it's all for fun! I'm enjoying the LP so much I bought it on Steam but haven't started playing it yet just so I won't spoil the plot.

That's great! It's rare that I get into a game these days but I replayed this game three times in a row to experience different outcomes, then several more times to witness the more difficult scenarios and hunt achievements. It may be a long wait as we are only in week five out of fifty.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

I started to work on the next update and then I realised that I forgot to include the council meeting in the last update :doh: No wonder why it took me a lot less time than usual and I was feeling so proud of myself for getting it done so quickly. I was about two screenshots and two lines of dialogue into the next week when I noticed the empty hole where the meeting should have been. I decided to use my time to rectify this and I'll start to work on the next update tomorrow night instead.

The update is at the top of the page or you can use this link here to go straight to it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4034168&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post533419405

Honestly, I'm fine with you skipping the council chat or whatever.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'll be posting the next update soon but it seems like there's been some confusion about this new general. A lot of this game is explained very well but there are other parts that aren't quite so clear. Or maybe I'm just having a hard time interpreting some things.

I've just finished another test week and Stan still isn't drawing a wage.

The dialogue from the game is:

quote:

Eryk: You'll provide a General to help with our people's needs.

Talys: How about I just pay for one of yours?

It seems what Talys meant was that he'd be paying Stan's wages from now on and not paying for us to hire a new one.

I'm really not feeling good right now about these errors that I'm making with this LP.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 27, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (09) Posts, Profits & Purloiners

What have you learned?

Radovians have formed stationary posts around our castle, Your Grace. Umm... Camps, if you like. They're planning their next moves. Destroying the posts should damage their ability to form strategies, Your Grace. Although we now have a prospect of an army, we shouldn't give them any advantage.

You should take a look at the map, Your Grace. Send an agent to clear out these posts as soon as possible.

Wait on my mark, General. I will instruct you where to strike.

Yes, Your Grace.

Radovian bandits have made camp around the castle and we need to send a General to eliminate the posts. I have taken the liberty of commissioning a map of the land, Your Grace. The map is rather large but I'll draw your attention to this area where Grevno is located.

I will update the map each week with locations of interest. We can send any agent to explore any location on the map, but our only agent is General Stan at the moment. We are in the process of hiring another General and we hope to have someone ready for duty soon. We can send General Stan to explore and dispatch one of the camps this week. If we are fortunate he may even bring back resources with him. We don't have to send him at all if there are more immediate matters to attend to.

We will be ready for the wedding in four weeks, Your Grace. The Radovians posts need to be eliminated by then. And we still need to provide for the people's needs. Striking the balance between the two might be tough... If not impossible... With our current resources, we will need to prioritise.

Your Grace, you called for me? I always forget how beautiful this castle is, Your Grace. I really should visit Grevno more often. Nevertheless, Your Grace, I have a favour to ask of you.

Thank you, what can I do for you?

There is a nefarious thief going from Lord to Lord, pretending like he needs help. He convinced other nearby Lords to give him gold... Including me! He always says he's a merchant and his goods have been stolen. I'm sure he will visit you sooner or later.

What did he look like? Was he wearing anything specific? Did anything stand out?

He was wearing a dirty cream apron and a dark green shirt. Ohh! And he was wearing a hat!

What do you want me to do? Let's say he does show up to my Throne Room. And I recognise him.

All I ask of you is to imprison him. I don't want you to lose gold like I did. Once you have him in your Dungeons... Send a pigeon for me, and I will deal with him.

I will keep an eye out for him. If I find him, I will send for you as soon as possible.

Thank you very much, Your Grace!

Your Grace! The tavern you helped me to establish is up and running! It's doing so well that it is not just a stop between long trips. It's more of a destination on its own now! As promised, I will now start sharing my profits with you. A whole 1 gold EVERY week! That sounds fair, right?

Hmm, I'll send Audry over to check out your takings and then I will decide how much you will pay me.

Yes, Your Grace.

How can I help, Pumpkin?

I'm worried about Lorsulia, Father. What will happen to her when she leaves? She promised me she'd take care of me, but now she's leaving. Why would she lie? And... what happens to Dusty?

What about Dusty? Are you more concerned about Lorsulia or her cat, Cedani?

Both! Truly!

It's Lorsulia's cat, she will probably want to take Dusty. To keep her company.

But if she didn't leave then Dusty wouldn't have to go as well. I don't want her to leave, can you talk to her?

It's not exactly Lorsulia's choice. I'm sure she would prefer to stay. She would never leave you on purpose.

Why does she do it then? If she would rather stay, she should! Can you talk to her? Convince her to stay?

Of - of course, Cedani. I can try convincing her, but I don't think that will change a thing.

I knew I could count on you! Thank you!

I'd better check on Lorsulia when there's time.

Your Grace, they took our cattle! Monsters with steel came in the night and took everything! Sure, there's plenty of grass left now, but what's the good of it, if there ain't cattle to graze on it? Can you help us, Your Grace?

Our resources are currently tied to the upcoming wedding of my daughter, Princess Lorsulia, to King Talys' son, Prince Ivo. Please wait in the entry hall while I discuss with my advisor to see if we have any resources that we can spare.

Yes, Your Grace.

Now I have time!

Hmmm... Lorsulia's not up here. Maybe Asalia will know where she is.

Yes, Father?

Swords? Please tell me you haven't had a skirmish with Lorsulia?

Pff. She's far too soft for that. She wouldn't stand a chance.

Let me be the judge of that. Show me what you've got.

Really? You will fight with a girl?

Ouch!

Too slow!

My turn!

You've got quite an arm there, young lady. So tell me, Asalia; What is going on with you two? Still holding grudges?

She's locked herself up in her chamber. What a baby.

You did leave... Faeces on her bed.

Don't pretend like this is the reason she won't come out.

Is this what will happen to me one day too?

I want to say no... I don't want my little girls to leave home so soon. But the truth is... Once you become of age we will need to find you a husband. Sooner or later.

Um... I guess I didn't think of it before. This puts everything into a different perspective. I was angry at her for being so irritating, but now I'm angry at her that she's leaving me!

I... I feel bad for her. But who will I vex now? Cedani is too young, it's not the same.

I'm sure you will find a way to occupy your time.

I guess we should end it here.

I was just warming up! Do you think we could do this again one day?

I will speak to your mother first, I'm not sure how she would feel about you playing with swords.

Father, I'm sorry. What I did to Lorsulia wasn't fair.

Don't apologise to me.

I know... I feel like it's best to give her some time. I will make it right though!

Don't do anything silly, Asalia.

Do I ever?

Darling?

How are the wedding preparations going? Do you need help with anything?

I'm preparing some handmade decorations. I hope Lorsulia likes them.

I'm sure she will. They're lovely, my darling.

The wedding is so soon, and there is much to do! I think we're going to have roast duck and a Calasian salad. I don't know yet about the cake. I need to speak to Lorsulia about it.

I'll let you work on the preparations.

Family Matters

I spoke to Asalia earlier in the garden, she is going to apologise to Lorsulia soon.

I'm glad that she's calmed down. I was getting worried that she would cause trouble at the wedding.

Asalia has picked up a new hobby which might distract her from terrorising her sisters. I caught her practising with a sword in the garden.

A sword?!? But she's just a young girl, she isn't meant to be swinging a sword around!

She's pretty good at it. She could be even better if I trained her some more.

You're not seriously thinking about letting her carry on using a sword, are you?!

Why not? She is not a child any more and she is growing restless. It was only two nights ago when she snuck out to attend that wedding in the village. This will give her more discipline and take her focus away from causing trouble. Besides, it's the most that we've talked in weeks and there's no harm in being able to protect herself. What do you say? Will you allow her to train or do you think that it's a bad idea?

Council Meeting

Thank you once again for your time! I'll get straight to the point tonight. General Stan has discovered three Radovian camps surrounding the castle. We need to remove these camps before the wedding in four weeks time and we only have enough men to remove one at a time. It seems like King Talys won't be providing us with a new General, he will instead be paying General Stan's wages from now on. It will be good for our treasury but another General would have been very useful in this situation. Stan isn't needed elsewhere right now and it will only take him and his strike force a week to clear out a camp and report back to us. Where shall we send him? Post North, Post West or Post East?

The Merchant from Branca has returned and has told us that the new inn that we have invested in has become a success. I sent one of my own assistants to take a closer look and it is indeed thriving. The merchant has offered a share in his profits and we could accept his offer of one gold a week, but we can also refuse it and demand a higher payment. We can demand three gold a week or even demand four gold for his insolence .

We have also had a visit from another nearby village. The villager has reported "Monsters with steel" who came in their night to steal their cattle. We can give them five supplies, give them five gold or we can send them on their way.

The last order of business is preparing for the wedding, we still have several weeks to prepare for it but we still need to buy flowers and to hire a band. We can either organise one or both this week, or we can put this matter off for another week. I'll leave you all to discuss matters, I just need to go to the little advisor's room.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 31, 2023

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
Okay, several things to talk about this week.

Clearing the camps should be our highest priority, and I believe we should clear Post West first, as it is closest to one of our roads. If any guests coming for the wedding arrive by that road, they would potentially be in great danger.

As we invested the crown's funds in this inn, we deserve some payment. However, we should also not allow ourselves to be duped. 1 gold is far too little repayment. Push for three gold.

Providing 5 goods makes the most sense for the missing cattle scenario, as giving out money would only be used to purchase replacement goods. Might as well cut out the middleman while we have supplies to spare.

As we have the money now, I see no reason not to hire a band this week. After all, it might take time to locate skilled musicians to play during the wedding.

While it is your family and I question why you are asking us to handle your domestic issues, I see no reason not to allow Princess Asalia to learn swordsplay. In these dangerous times, she should learn how to defend herself. Allow her to train.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

SimplyUnknown1 posted:

Clearing the camps should be our highest priority, and I believe we should clear Post West first, as it is closest to one of our roads. If any guests coming for the wedding arrive by that road, they would potentially be in great danger.

As we invested the crown's funds in this inn, we deserve some payment. However, we should also not allow ourselves to be duped. 1 gold is far too little repayment. Push for three gold.

Providing 5 goods makes the most sense for the missing cattle scenario, as giving out money would only be used to purchase replacement goods. Might as well cut out the middleman while we have supplies to spare.

As we have the money now, I see no reason not to hire a band this week. After all, it might take time to locate skilled musicians to play during the wedding.

While it is your family and I question why you are asking us to handle your domestic issues, I see no reason not to allow Princess Asalia to learn swordsplay. In these dangerous times, she should learn how to defend herself. Allow her to train.

Agree

Also, want to Fix market stalls.

That's two gold, will hopefully bring us more money.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I'll be posting the next update soon but it seems like there's been some confusion about this new general. A lot of this game is explained very well but there are other parts that aren't quite so clear. Or maybe I'm just having a hard time interpreting some things.

I've just finished another test week and Stan still isn't drawing a wage.

The dialogue from the game is:

It seems what Talys meant was that he'd be paying Stan's wages from now on and not paying for us to hire a new one.

I'm really not feeling good right now about these errors that I'm making with this LP.

Don't be too hard on yourself. To me, this seems like deliberate in-game ambiguity from King Jerkface rather than anything you've done. Onward and upward.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I just need to go to the little advisor's room.

When you gotta go, you gotta go...

Allow Asalia to train. She's content within the castle walls and talkative to boot. And we certainly could use another swordarm 'round here, now couldn't we?

As for the enemy encampments, the ones to the north and west look fairly close, are connected by a road, and have the shelter of the surrounding forest if Stan were forced to pursue them. However, to the east there lies a single camp in the open, without nearby support, ready to be struck down. Send General Stan to the east and cut down the barbarians in the open. In the coming weeks, hopefully we will have more generals or more intelligence on the enemy's movements and strategy. Then the king's forces can attend to the other camps.

It is wonderful that the merchant's inn is thriving, but his boasting does not match his offer of tribute. If this inn has indeed become a popular and profitable destination, then ask for three gold per week from the merchant.

More attacks on our villages? Our people need us more than ever. Offer their representative five supplies, but this trend of preying on the vulnerable is most troubling!

Last week I thought we had enough supplies for flowers, and now I'm not so sure... Likewise, this week it looks like we could afford the band, but I would like to be more prudent for now. No further spending on the wedding, but I'm sure the coming weeks will bring better fortune.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Allow Asalia to train. My lord wishes to spend time with his daughters, and Asalia is interested in swordplay. It is a win-win situation.

General Stan can solve the problem.

Allow the successful innkeeper to get by with 1 gold/week. We gave the man 7 gold, so 1/gold per week in perpetuity is fair recompense. Requesting 3 or 4 gold per week would be too much. It might cause the inn to fail or worse, discourage future entrepreneurs from developing our kingdom.

5 supplies to the cattle person

Let's hire a band so they can practice and buy the flowers at the end.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
I think you posted the wrong image for the weekly summary, it's still showing as Week 4 instead of Week 5.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

TheDavies posted:

I think you posted the wrong image for the weekly summary, it's still showing as Week 4 instead of Week 5.

You are correct, thank you for pointing it out. I posted the summary from the start of the week instead of the end of the week. I've updated the post and I'll include it here as well. The only issue here is the tavern business. There's no way of getting around it before the week is over (Edit: I used Gimp for a quick edit):

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 28, 2023

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Allow Asalia to train, she seemed interested in it, the King can spend some time with her in the future, and she can defend herself if she continues to sneak out of the castle. Win-win!

Send Stan east, how did they even get around the castle to begin with? We don't want them to attack us from the back when we engage the other two camps. (Vaguely recalling that they came from the mountains to the west?)

Demand 3 gold, he shouldn't have bragged about how important it is. Plus, we probably paid for the majority of the costs earlier.

Give 5 supplies, it's not like they can eat the gold, they'd have to go buy food anyways. We have a lot of things requiring gold right now (the loan, the wedding) and not as much for supplies.

Hire the band so that they can start practicing.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

SimplyUnknown1 posted:

Pretty much all of this.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

jkq posted:

Allow Asalia to train, she seemed interested in it, the King can spend some time with her in the future, and she can defend herself if she continues to sneak out of the castle. Win-win!

Send Stan east, how did they even get around the castle to begin with? We don't want them to attack us from the back when we engage the other two camps. (Vaguely recalling that they came from the mountains to the west?)

Demand 3 gold, he shouldn't have bragged about how important it is. Plus, we probably paid for the majority of the costs earlier.

Give 5 supplies, it's not like they can eat the gold, they'd have to go buy food anyways. We have a lot of things requiring gold right now (the loan, the wedding) and not as much for supplies.

Agreed on all points.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Let Asalia train, learning self defense won't hurt anyone.

Send Stan east, it looks easier to attack than the west camp and we want to avoid a pincer assault from them.

1 gold/week is fine, if we push too hard and the tavern fails then the initial investment was pointless.

Send supplies, we have a higher need for gold at the moment.

Hire a band, let's get wait for fresher flowers closer to the date.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

Level Seven posted:

Let Asalia train, learning self defense won't hurt anyone.

Send Stan east, it looks easier to attack than the west camp and we want to avoid a pincer assault from them.

1 gold/week is fine, if we push too hard and the tavern fails then the initial investment was pointless.

Send supplies, we have a higher need for gold at the moment.

Hire a band, let's get wait for fresher flowers closer to the date.

Agree!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

And the Lord spake, saying, “First shalt thou construct the tavern. Then shalt thou take three gold, no more, no less. Three shall be the gold thou shalt take, and the number of the gold taken shall be three. Four shalt thou not take."

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
My Lords, Post North is nearest my own holdings, so obviously the general must strike there first.

This innkeep is far too insolent. First we build his inn for him with the realm's resources and then he lies to our face about what he can pay back. We must demand the four gold per week to ensure no other self important yeoman tries to cheat our Majesty.

Your girl must not pursue swordplay, My Lord. No prospective marriage will accept a marriage to a woman so flagrantly boyish. The realm needs a good marriage alliance from her, not a duelist.

Monsters with steel don't exist. This peasant lies to us again. Those, like myself, with holdings near the invaders need the resources more. Send him off

A band my Liege

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I think there are a few minor portrait mix ups in the last update.

When the general is speaking with the king about the tents, you seem to have the general image in on what I assume s the king's line of "General, wait for my orders". 4th picture down from the top.

During the fencing exchange, I think you have the king and daughter mixed on the "Will You Let Me Train More?" line.

jkq posted:

This please

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

I think there are a few minor portrait mix ups in the last update.

When the general is speaking with the king about the tents, you seem to have the general image in on what I assume s the king's line of "General, wait for my orders". 4th picture down from the top.

During the fencing exchange, I think you have the king and daughter mixed on the "Will You Let Me Train More?" line.

This please

Thank you for pointing them out, I've fixed them now. I think that in the future I might leave some time into finishing an update and then posting it, going back into it a fresh mind will probably help identify mistakes in the future.

I'm very surprised by the voting for the tavern payments. I'll keep the voting going over the weekend and I'll work on the next update early next week. I have holiday from work for a week and a half as of Monday but I'll have my youngest with me for most of it. I should have a couple of hours a night when she goes to sleep to work on things.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

I have holiday from work for a week and a half as of Monday but I'll have my youngest with me for most of it.

Make sure you spend enough time with your kid ...

Yes, Your Grace posted:

I was just warming up! Do you think we could do this again one day?

I will speak to your mother first, I'm not sure how she would feel about you playing with swords.

... but maybe not by teaching her how to fight with swords? ;)

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Post East: It doesn't do to let them surround us, and it's probably the one they can replace with the least ease.

Accept his offer of one gold a week: It doesn't do to strangle the golden goose. Getting free money is excellent in any case.

Give them five supplies: We have a surplus of supplies at the moment, lets help them out.

Hire a band: A wedding without music is just eating food while watching people kiss, it isn't a real party. The band isn't simply a luxury, its a necessity for the integrity of the realm. Everyone would laugh at us if they knew we held a wedding without music.

Allow her to train: The worst that can happen is that she might need some stitches, at the very least it'll make her feel safer if she knows she can defend herself and it might allow her to protect herself if no one else is around to do so in the future.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've counted the votes and each section has a clear winner:

Training - 11
No Training - 1

Post North - 1
Post West - 3
Post East - 7

One Gold - 4
Three Gold - 8
Four Gold - 1

Five Supplies - 11
Five Gold -
Send Them On Their Way - 1

Buy Flowers
Hire A Band - 10
None - 1

I'll work on an update soon and hopefully I'll have something ready within the next couple of nights.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

King Talys won't be providing us with a new General, he will instead be paying General Stan's wages from now on.

So we get nether Talys' troops NOR a new general? What was the point then? Seems like in choosing a general we just completely screwed ourselves and the entire thing is ruined

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Flesnolk posted:

So we get nether Talys' troops NOR a new general? What was the point then? Seems like in choosing a general we just completely screwed ourselves and the entire thing is ruined

Sending Stan out used to cripple our economy and now it keeps running full steam. It's basically 18 gold every time he goes out.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Flesnolk posted:

the entire thing is ruined

It may be a long wait as we are only in week five out of fifty.

:thunk:

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Flesnolk posted:

We still get his troops. Note that we have more than 3000 soldiers in the weekly summary, now. The request for a general was in addition to them.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

We will have the opportunity to recruit more agents in the future. We are still in the early stages of the game at the moment so we can survive with one general for now.

Besides, having a free general right now is probably the better deal than paying double for a second. Especially with the loan repayments happening at the moment.

We have over 3000 troops and we are soon to be allied with a nation who can supply us with more troops. We probably won't even need a second general after the wedding. Its just going to be several months of sorting out petty squabbles until the end of the year, then Eryk can retire peacefully during the end credits.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Aug 1, 2023

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
oh okay cool, I'd ended up getting the impression you get the troops OR the general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Flesnolk posted:

oh okay cool, I'd ended up getting the impression you get the troops OR the general

The vote for 3000 troops was for an additional 3000 troops on top of what Talys gave us.

We will have plenty of opportunities to ruin things, don't you worry. In fact, the game has several different endings and only one of those is a good one. :thumbsup:

If all goes well I'll have the next update ready tonight.