Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

CFM(M)EU = Construction, Forestry, Maritime, Mining And Energy Union. Construction union secretary Zach Smith launches campaign for tax on super profits (ABC). "The top construction union boss says more than half a trillion dollars is needed to meet Australia's demand for social and affordable housing, and the only way to raise the funds is to introduce a 'circuit-breaker' tax.". This is before Labor's party conference in August where Albanese has hinted he doesn't want anyone to rock the boat too much on topics such as AUKUS or Palestine.

Rowe:

Record $20b surplus on the cards, but no more cost-of-living relief for now (SMH).

Lethbridge:

Knight:

Victorian premier Dan Andrews questioned about cost of scrapping Commonweath Games as the new Melbourne Metro Tunnel trains were given their first test run.

Wilcox:

Peter Dutton briefed by AFP on suspected corrupt contractor before department signed multi-million Nauru deal (ABC).

Le Lievre:

Golding:

Spooner:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kellies Nomination: Most Butt-Ugly

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Jen Sorensen

Clay Bennett

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Technowolf posted:

Clay Bennett

I read a tweet from someone who lived in a small town that said they got out of a 2 year coma and was trying to enter their home when their neighbors came out and pulled a gun on them.

This was them tweeting in defense of the song.

edit: found the tweet, I got a bit wrong but this is actually their defense of the song.

https://twitter.com/justusecomsense/status/1682345252466704384

logger fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 26, 2023

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Pedro X. Molina

Mike Smith

Darrin Bell

Mike Peters

Randall Enos - Corfu Conflagration

Adam Zyglis - "New Twitter site map..."

Mike Thompson

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

logger posted:

I read a tweet from someone who lived in a small town that said they got out of a 2 year coma and was trying to enter their home when their neighbors came out and pulled a gun on them.

This was them tweeting in defense of the song.

edit: found the tweet, I got a bit wrong but this is actually their defense of the song.

https://twitter.com/justusecomsense/status/1682345252466704384

I'd love to see these kinds of people live in cities or even just denser suburbs. They're so loving weird about people existing near their homes lol.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wow now there's a fresh hot take!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Grape posted:

I'd love to see these kinds of people live in cities or even just denser suburbs. They're so loving weird about people existing near their homes lol.

The funny thing is that the vast majority of them do live in the suburbs.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

IF WHY HOT THINGS, THEN WHY HOT THINGS STILL HOT

I don't know if I exactly described this right, but it's essentially the inverse of "IF GLOBAL WARMING, THEN WHY SNOW"

JamesBont fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jul 26, 2023

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Grape posted:

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1684020730881605632?t=nmV3RMTN3919VGeCi9NSRw&s=19

Edit: The Onion reposted this but original article was posted in October last year lol

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: If If If, If If, You Never Now

Ted Rall posted:

Once again, Democrats are agitated about the possibility that their candidate, President Joe Biden, might lose because of a third-party spoiler. This time we are talking about Green Party candidate Dr. Cornel West, and something called No Labels. When you break down the cause for their concern, however, it’s easy to see that they are paranoid.

First Dog on the Moon: As a climate scientist, how does it feel to see your worst nightmares come true?

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jul 26, 2023

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Benson

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

-God there are so many pronouns these days! An endless number of pronouns!
-Name seven.
-No.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
That's a weird way to draw Mike Pence.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

I love how every reason he cites for everyone fleeing California is an indicator of population growth

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

So much evidence why are we ignoring all the evidence there is so much.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

in which biden will easily fall into four more years because there is nothing there to stop him

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
joe biden is an old man and just like a fall from that height, four years will kill him

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Oh, we're still mad about "come on, man," are we? Just as we're also mad about Kamala Harris laughing one time?

The poo poo these people get stuck on and offended by and hold on to for goddamn years is astounding.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

RoboRodent posted:

Oh, we're still mad about "come on, man," are we? Just as we're also mad about Kamala Harris laughing one time?

The poo poo these people get stuck on and offended by and hold on to for goddamn years is astounding.

I heard pundits yell "have they forgotten about Pajama Boy?!" in rage in the lead-up to the 2020 election. They imprint on things like baby ducks.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
may i...may i SEE some of this evidence?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

InsertPotPun posted:

Of course! Let me direct you to Fox, who cites a blog that cites Newsmax that cites another blog, that cites a political cartoon, that cites an editorial, that cites OANN, that cites yet another blog, that cites Fox.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

RoboRodent posted:

I mean I'm still stuck on Trump saying Mexico sends dealers, criminals, and rapists to the US. Oh and that he likes to grab women by the pussy and he can cause he's famous. That's the same thing, right? Right?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Oh no, the worst of Putins' betrayals.

The Swiss.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Israeli prime minister’s recent heart operation – Netanyahu underwent an emergency procedure the day before his far-right government succeeded in voting in controversial supreme court changes" After Masaccio.
Also! "Bite the air in Britain and you can taste the prejudices that haunt us. I’m sorry I became part of that" - Martin Rowson

Telegraph:

Putin raises age limits for reservists to boost troop numbers

Matt:

Independent:

UK political parties are getting the jitters over green policies after a special election verdict After Gillray.

Times:

Petrol and diesel car ban ‘immovable’ says Michael Gove

Evening Standard:

Banks urged to learn lessons from Nigel Farage row after NatWest boss quits; Mick Jagger at 80: celebrating the frontman who changed everything

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

InsertPotPun posted:

One of Hunter's business partners is expected to testify to the House committee. According to Fox he is going to say Joe Biden called in to their business meetings but I've not been able to find a non right wing source for the expected content of his testimony

quote:

Devon Archer, a former best friend and business associate of Hunter Biden in Ukraine, is expected to testify under oath to Congress this week that President Biden met with dozens of Hunter’s business associates while he was serving as vice president between 2009 and 2017.

Fox News Digital has confirmed that Archer has been subpoenaed by the House Oversight Committee and could testify as early as Thursday, July 27. The expected testimony could cast further doubt on President Biden’s repeated claims that he had no knowledge of his son’s foreign business dealings or of having any influence on them.

Miranda Devine, a New York Post columnist and Fox News contributor, reported Monday that Archer, 48, is expected to tell the House Oversight Committee about meetings he witnessed attended by both Bidens — Hunter and Joe — either in person or via telephone. During the meetings, Hunter would specifically introduce his father to foreign business partners or prospective investors, Archer is expected to testify.

So we'll see if it's accurate, although the idea that Burisima just paid Joe's unqualified failson seven figures to spend on crack and sex workers out of the goodness of their hearts with no expectation of gaining through his relationship to his powerful father sounds...improbable

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

VitalSigns posted:

So we'll see if it's accurate, although the idea that Burisima just paid Joe's unqualified failson seven figures to spend on crack and sex workers out of the goodness of their hearts with no expectation of gaining through his relationship to his powerful father sounds...improbable

Don't kill my dreams, I will find a billionaire sugardaddy.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

One of Hunter's business partners is expected to testify to the House committee. According to Fox he is going to say Joe Biden called in to their business meetings but I've not been able to find a non right wing source for the expected content of his testimony

What were Hunter Biden's qualifications and what were the requirements needed for the job he held?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

By popular demand posted:

Don't kill my dreams, I will find a billionaire sugardaddy.

Hey don't let me stop you from living your best life

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Skios posted:

Steve Breen

Kellies nomination: most pointless label

(I propose this be a subcategory of worst label)

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Microplastics posted:

(I propose this be a subcategory of worst label)

Global warming has made the whole world as hot as Death Valley is what Breen is going for.

If that wasn't labeled as Death Valley would you think that is what the comic is trying to convey?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

logger posted:

Global warming has made the whole world as hot as Death Valley is what Breen is going for.

If that wasn't labeled as Death Valley would you think that is what the comic is trying to convey?

My issue is with the black smoke being labeled "carbon"

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Microplastics posted:

My issue is with the black smoke being labeled "carbon"

Fair enough, I honestly didn't see that there.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

The problem with this line of thought is that their expectations literally mean gently caress-all if Joe Biden didn't give them any benefit or Hunter Biden didn't give them any access. You can't just arrest someone for corruption over potential expectations, after all. And at the time the US was trying to get Burisima investigated, so it didn't seem to do them a fat lot of good.

So I assume it's just Fox News trying to hype poo poo up and hope no one remembers what actually came out.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

This would have been twice as punchy and half as redundant if Winslow instead said, "It just asked me for a tip." Stantis doesn't show a lot of faith in his audience that he felt the need to label the self check out two times instead of zero.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the self checkout also said to make sure you take the god damned receipt

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

I dont know posted:

This would have been twice as punchy and half as redundant if Winslow instead said, "It just asked me for a tip." Stantis doesn't show a lot of faith in his audience that he felt the need to label the self check out two times instead of zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Microplastics posted:

Usually it's on a big sign on the ceiling above the self checkouts, but that would require drawing an environment