Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I play as a guy because I am a guy. Same reason most girls play as a girl when given the option. Simple as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Zurai posted:

Looks like 1.3 is going to have a big expansion to SU. A bunch more content of basically every type, and a new permanent event associated with SU. I'm glad to see it, SU is fun. Hope they keep producing regular content for it.

SU owns and has a ton of potential, this is great

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

simulated universe is the kind of thing genshin needs desperately. its not that hard, but its fun and varied.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I really hope Herta's store gets more lcs. I know at least 1 has been leaked but it's not true until it's a reality.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

I HAVE VERY STRONG OPINIONS ON WHAT GENDER OTHER PEOPLE CHOOSE TO PLAY IN THIS VIDEO GAME ARRRRRGGGGGH

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I don't think they were being that serious about it my guy

Zurai posted:

Looks like 1.3 is going to have a big expansion to SU. A bunch more content of basically every type, and a new permanent event associated with SU. I'm glad to see it, SU is fun. Hope they keep producing regular content for it.

Notably they're also adding hybrid path bonuses by getting 3 blessings of a certain path other than your original, so you don't have to just force your main path every single time.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Coeurl Marx posted:

Playing male MC definitely gave me a different read on those dialogue options than the rest of you though lol - I was constantly wondering "drat, why am I getting all these options to be a creep?" I did appreciate getting to frustrate March by talking about Jing Yuan being dreamy or whatever though.

lol those are valid reads on the options, too. It probably depends on how you imagine the MC to be in your mind; after discovering how much of a trash panda the Trailblazer is on Belobog (including all the mentions of March and Dan Heng having to watch you lovingly engage with stinky trash), I find it hard to play them as anyone but an awkward weirdo who just blurts out odd statements whenever possible, so that's usually how I read the dialogue choices

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

blizzardvizard posted:

I don't think they were being that serious about it my guy
I wasn't aiming that at anyone in particular, just the fact that the subject comes up every two or three pages in this thread and it's 100% loving stupidity every time.

But to get back to game related stuff that REALLY MATTERS, I'm really starting to sour on Gepard. Keeping his shields up seems to be painfully RNG based even with great relics, LC, and an energy regen rope. Like if he doesn't get hit, or you're fighting a slow solo boss, it just seems inevitable that his shields will go down at the worst possible moment and destroy what should have been a good MoC run.

I really hope Fu Xuan is more consistent.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't recall that ever coming up in the thread, but it certainly is a dumb topic.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Personally, the big mystery with Fu Xuan's kit is whether her damage-splitting effect counts as her "taking damage" for the purposes of everything that mitigates or procs on that. If it doesn't, that would be a bit disappointing.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Mostly I'm worried about her tanking big AoEs. If she's taking 70% of a hit that's doing 2k+ to all your guys, then even with the 12% damage reduction that could be enough to one-shot her in most circumstances.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

That's part of why it would help a lot if she doubled-dipped on the damage reduction!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Symphoric posted:

But to get back to game related stuff that REALLY MATTERS, I'm really starting to sour on Gepard. Keeping his shields up seems to be painfully RNG based even with great relics, LC, and an energy regen rope. Like if he doesn't get hit, or you're fighting a slow solo boss, it just seems inevitable that his shields will go down at the worst possible moment and destroy what should have been a good MoC run.

I've found Gepard works best if your team is fast. If it takes more than 3 or 4 cycles to kill his side then it's a high likelihood someone is going down. Unless you're talking about MoC 9&10 because I'm level 70 and can't even get past 8.

Clarste posted:

Personally, the big mystery with Fu Xuan's kit is whether her damage-splitting effect counts as her "taking damage" for the purposes of everything that mitigates or procs on that. If it doesn't, that would be a bit disappointing.

I saw some leaked footage of her and she had maximum uptime on her talent, but that may have been an early build. However, if her talent can only ever proc twice then she's probably going to need a healer. I'm planning on pulling her but I'm still in a wait and see mode until she's released.

I think the Herta lc will be great for her though so I will be saving for that.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Walla posted:

I've found Gepard works best if your team is fast. If it takes more than 3 or 4 cycles to kill his side then it's a high likelihood someone is going down. Unless you're talking about MoC 9&10 because I'm level 70 and can't even get past 8.

Yeah, I admit much of my problem is that my only good DPS is Seele who is almost always on the other team, so the fights tend to drag on longer than they should. I have had absolute poo poo luck getting usable relics for my other DPS chars. Maybe I'm unfairly comparing Gepard to Luocha too, who can carry an underleveled, undergeared team through the hardest content like it's no big thing.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Symphoric posted:

Yeah, I admit much of my problem is that my only good DPS is Seele who is almost always on the other team, so the fights tend to drag on longer than they should. I have had absolute poo poo luck getting usable relics for my other DPS chars. Maybe I'm unfairly comparing Gepard to Luocha too, who can carry an underleveled, undergeared team through the hardest content like it's no big thing.

Try switching the 2? The longer a fight drags the better Luocha performs, and Gepard is the opposite.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Sadly, I don't actually have Luocha! My son does, and I've grown irrationally jealous when I watch him now!

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
I tried to go get the Kafka Bubble Tea, there's several locations in Singapore and I was out on the west side that is furthest from the city center thinking it would be the least crowded. Unfortunately they are limited to 120 cups a day and were totally sold out by the time I got there. Slim chance I'll get to check another outlet this weekend, but I'm suspecting they'll be gone then too.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm at 75/90 pity on a guaranteed Blade, and I could probably get enough Jade to get him before the banner changes to Kafka, but I'm wondering if a guaranteed Kafka would be worth waiting for over Blade. My only real damage dealer is Dan, who is a workhorse for me, but now that I'm up to levels that require two teams, I don't have a good dedicated heavy hitter for team two. FIreMC/Dan/Bronya/Luocha have been carrying me so far.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Kafka is probably going to be good but you really have to build an entire team around her while Blade is just good all the time. Honestly I think Blade is likely to be better for most players, but I guess the issue here is that if your only other damage dealer is Dan Heng then you'd be stuck with only wind. Which is bad because you'd want them on different teams.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Symphoric posted:

I'm really starting to sour on Gepard. Keeping his shields up seems to be painfully RNG based even with great relics, LC, and an energy regen rope. Like if he doesn't get hit, or you're fighting a slow solo boss, it just seems inevitable that his shields will go down at the worst possible moment and destroy what should have been a good MoC run.

I really hope Fu Xuan is more consistent.

it says his shield lasts for 3 turns, so is it the character's turn or Gepards? If they're really fast speed, do their shields just disappear in a round

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I don't think Kafka requires a team built around her. I think she could just be a solid Nihility dps, same as Welt. However, Welt does work best with Dan Heng and Asta so I imagine Kafka will with Luka and Sampo. But I think she could also be solid with something like just Asta and maybe Tingyun or Pela.

Also, Fhqwhgads, move that Fireblazer to a different team with either March or Natasha. Luocha doesn't need them.

GateOfD posted:

it says his shield lasts for 3 turns, so is it the character's turn or Gepards? If they're really fast speed, do their shields just disappear in a round

Character's turns, not Gepard's. Sushang runs out of hers quick, but Seele shouldn't because of Resurgence.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

people say FireMC's shields are weak, but everything she does throws a shield up, not to mention the damage reduction on party on skill use matters too.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
How accurate are the Pyrdwen.gg relic set recommendations? Most make sense but some like Pela say to use the wind set (presumably for the 4 set bonus?). I have not really cared enough to do the math myself.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Pela doesn't need any particular stat from relics besides Speed, and she just wants to keep her Ult debuff up as much as possible, so the Eagle Set purely for the Advance Forward on Ult makes sense

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Walla posted:

I saw some leaked footage of her and she had maximum uptime on her talent, but that may have been an early build. However, if her talent can only ever proc twice then she's probably going to need a healer. I'm planning on pulling her but I'm still in a wait and see mode until she's released.

I think the Herta lc will be great for her though so I will be saving for that.

I interpreted it as she starts with one use of her talent available, and gets another use every time she ults, but can only store two uses max. So you get unlimited uses over a long fight but you can't store a load up when you're not being hit much

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

I interpreted it as she starts with one use of her talent available, and gets another use every time she ults, but can only store two uses max. So you get unlimited uses over a long fight but you can't store a load up when you're not being hit much

That's how I read it too.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

You could also plausibly give Pela the new spd-oriented set if no one else on the team has it.

If you’re focusing more on her personal damage - yes, that sounds weird, but if she’s supporting Blade and there’s a lot of SP to be had, it can make sense - there’s an argument for the quantum set, because stacking defense drop is extremely good.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Qwertycoatl posted:

I think that's right. If it's not, then they seriously need to work on their ability descriptions.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ayndin posted:

You could also plausibly give Pela the new spd-oriented set if no one else on the team has it.

The speed set's 4-piece bonus only works with ults that target allies, so if you're doing that you'd probably just go for two 2-piece sets. But in that case you might as well just give her 4 cowboy.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

So for Gepard, how are you building him? I find he NEEDS both spd boots and err rope and there's no wiggle room there. The faster he is the better.

As for Fu Xuan, her talent is ammo and as long as she can ult, she can refill it. There videos out there of her solo sustaining MOC10 with absolutely no issues. You might have to use her skill while it's still active a few times, this gives her a massive boost in energy to get an ult back in a sticky situation. The rest of the party was entirely in safe hp ranges 80-90%. Sadly the video got copyright claimed so can't link it.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Walla posted:

Also, Fhqwhgads, move that Fireblazer to a different team with either March or Natasha. Luocha doesn't need them.

I only think I have one team's worth of characters. I'm still learning the meta on who works with whom and have a hoarding menality so it's hard for me to want to commit to building someone out unless I'm sure they're good for a team (like Arlan is to be avoided? Good to know). I haven't been able to really do the 2-team challenges yet. My only 5*'s are MC, Bronya, Himeko, Luocha, and Bailu, so I've got my two healers for two teams at least. My 2nd team has been March/Serval/Sampo/Bailu trying for a poor man's DOT team but I haven't really committed to building any of them out (except Bailu) so they're middling.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GateOfD posted:

people say FireMC's shields are weak, but everything she does throws a shield up, not to mention the damage reduction on party on skill use matters too.

It's not exactly weak but FireMC isn't able to be a solo sustain like Luocha or Gepard. Even March can be a solo sustain at E6. But FireMC needs Nat or March.

Pain of Mind posted:

How accurate are the Pyrdwen.gg relic set recommendations? Most make sense but some like Pela say to use the wind set (presumably for the 4 set bonus?). I have not really cared enough to do the math myself.

10% advance forward is roughly 10 speed, so I guess it depends on how long the fight lasts and how often she can ult. Musketeer is probably fine if you want to save yourself some farming.

Qwertycoatl posted:

That makes sense. I try to avoid story spoilers so I haven’t looked at her closely except for one YouTube video. I plan on pulling her because she makes my strongest team more consistent, but I will still wait until she's released before committing.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

the 5 star Pres gacha CE has come in huge for running fireTB, you get hit so often you almost never do a non charged up attack. I don't think I've had to use their skill in ages because of it.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 26, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
More Fu Xuan talent and leaks stuff: There's a leaked achievement for triggering her talent 4 times in a battle, so the current version has definitely shifted to making it renewable as opposed to older builds where it seemed to be capped at two uses.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I honestly think going for like a sub dps build with either cowboy or break set on Fireblazer is the way, rather than trying to make their shield better. Fire break is quite good, they can do a lot of it thanks to their enhanced auto, they are a pure sp generator but this gives them more offensive teeth. Basically they will never solo sustain no matter how built, so just lean into being a sp generator slot and deal some 'bonus' damage.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Fhqwhgads posted:

I only think I have one team's worth of characters. I'm still learning the meta on who works with whom and have a hoarding menality so it's hard for me to want to commit to building someone out unless I'm sure they're good for a team (like Arlan is to be avoided? Good to know). I haven't been able to really do the 2-team challenges yet. My only 5*'s are MC, Bronya, Himeko, Luocha, and Bailu, so I've got my two healers for two teams at least. My 2nd team has been March/Serval/Sampo/Bailu trying for a poor man's DOT team but I haven't really committed to building any of them out (except Bailu) so they're middling.

Teams are usually dps, offensive support, defensive support, flex. I'd drop a dps from your 2nd team and add an offensive support like Asta or Bronya.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Still on the fence on who I want to spend my eventual 300 standard freebie on....Geppy, clara, or Welt. (have the others except Himiko who I don't want)....

Why are decisions so hard...

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Fhqwhgads posted:

The meta is build a competent team with your favorite characters and invest heavily in them.

Obviously some are better than others, but people have cleared MoC with Arlan as a main carry. There's at least 1 youtuber who 30 starred MoC with only 4 star characters.

Serval is a great sub dps if she's E3 or lower, and a great main at E4 or higher. You absolutely have everything you need to build a competent second team if you just invest in what you have, though of course the banner characters will make that easier.

Since you already have Sampo then Kafka would be great for you.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Clarste posted:

The speed set's 4-piece bonus only works with ults that target allies, so if you're doing that you'd probably just go for two 2-piece sets. But in that case you might as well just give her 4 cowboy.

I had better Cyberspace/Disciple pieces so mine's running 2/2 of those. The loss of attack is kinda whatever compared to "not getting turned into a stain" imo. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!
So, I'm not sure I understand the purpose behind Oneiric Shards. I know you have to purchase them with real-world money, but other than getting uninspiring bundles of level up/trace material, what's the point?