Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Al! posted:

i mostly use it as a horse testicle simulator but you do you i guess

oh haha, what mods+settings would you recommend for that, lol, like as a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
really just laying down some dogshit snypes tonight. you hate to see it

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

never apologize for a snipe

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

the milk machine posted:

oh haha, what mods+settings would you recommend for that, lol, like as a joke

That's vanilla, they shrink and expand with the ambient temperature.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ben Nerevarine posted:

aside from this stuff:

which is there, and mostly tolerable, but symptomatic of the writing overall. it undercuts itself at every opportunity, right down to item descriptions. these aren't even half-assed jokes, it's things like getting out of a firefight and having your character go "Heh heh... yeah... *gulps* *tugs collar*

the game luxuriates in lazy, sloppy, indulgent design. there are 5 or so tilesets and they are all gutter-trope generics. one is a fantasy forest. one is DOOM-y sci-fi. one is Bloodborne-y Victorian-era plaguetown. I can't blame artists for wanting to tackle the greats but it's all stitched together by some token lore about transporting crystals or whatever and the tilesets are all achingly generic. they're trying to have their cake and eat it too and not even bothering to do try to do something a little different, put their own spin on it at all. there's no inspiration here, it's more like a series of checkboxes

the maps are procedurally stitched together segments with Dark Souls-style checkmarking, but because of the procedurally generated nature of it, the checkpoints can be frustratingly distant from each other (or, more rarely, practically next to each other). enemies don't come in waves so much as spawn around, sometimes behind, something in you. the placement also doesn't seem to be static within segments, so there's not even a sense of clearing a room and securing an area for a well-deserved breather--if you're not moving, you're getting spawns right on top of you. the gear is a very, very slow drip, and isn't very interesting

the whole thing gives me this feeling of, if this game can't take itself seriously, why should I? and I don't mean a serious atmosphere, I mean the work they've done. if you're going to have Firefly's tone, don't give me DOOM's graphics, or The Last of Us's world. the whole thing is at odds with itself

graphically it runs and looks very good, I'll give it that, and the multiplayer component is smooth and relatively seamless, but those are about the only positive things I can say about it

if you hate games you should post in the games forum where they hate games

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Regarde Aduck posted:

if you hate games you should post in the games forum where they hate games

nah

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i want to support and honor the baby for sharing their skill issue and i wish them a speedy retreat from gamer hell. do better, game developers.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I love good games and hate the bad ones. it's easy.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

i love the 1998 spectator sprites alongside the bleeding edge smoke effects

theres a voiceclip that is a very 90's style guy yelling WOO HOO and it own every time i hear it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Homeless Friend drifting into an Anor Londo golem, his 2d sprite fans yelling WOOHOO as the +1500 souls pops up

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i discovered how op the roll is due to those golems. previously i had been doing shield diagonal strafe + parry you but you get so many fuckin iframes even on medium roll lol vs parry frames/difficulty

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

i discovered how op the roll is due to those golems. previously i had been doing shield diagonal strafe + parry you but you get so many fuckin iframes even on medium roll lol vs parry frames/difficulty

Mastering spacing is a good skill to learn in all of those games, but it's also the only one in the series where you can just cover yourself head to toe in plate armor with the biggest shield you can find and just slowly walk around tanking everything. It's very fun but hard to appreciate until you've been cruelly denied the option by a later entry.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

sebmojo posted:

That's vanilla, they shrink and expand with the ambient temperature.

gamers just keep winning

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

loving lol

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I bought Call of Juarez: Gunslinger for the Switch and it's a better representation of what I thought Red Dead Redemption 2 was going to be like

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

now thats powerful volcel energy

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Gunslinger is fantastic, it's really the kind of game that demands multiple replays and a healthy amount of time in the challenge mode - i briefly held global first place for clearing out the lumber mill :goleft:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
if u can't handle me gaming, you don't deserve me at my best

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Al! posted:

now thats powerful volcel energy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DoombatINC posted:

Gunslinger is fantastic, it's really the kind of game that demands multiple replays and a healthy amount of time in the challenge mode - i briefly held global first place for clearing out the lumber mill :goleft:

and it looks so good - even on the Switch it has ambient occlusion and screen-space reflections and god rays and the cel-shaded art works really well. Landing a headshot with the gratuitous amounts of blood feels very satisfying

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

every time the world starts ripping itself apart and reassembling itself to account for the inconsistent storytelling of a drunk old man, i am there for it

edit: if you (royal) never played Gunslinger it's an fps with an unreliable narrator, which is something you don't see nearly enough

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Now do Orlanth killing the Sun God Yelm using the rune of Death.

Glorantha posting is always good.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCT_-Q3K3EY

Stephanie Sterling makes Exoprimal look/sound...good

god there's no way this game is good is there?

is there someone who's more of a team shooter degenerate than me who can desperation buy and report back, tia

edit:
LFG!

smarxist has issued a correction as of 08:13 on Jul 26, 2023

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i love creating a capcom oneID to link all of my favorite games and platforms, and then logging into my microsoft account to link it to my capcom oneID, updating my device/apps to get a 2FA code to login and confirm the link, so ensure a perfect synergistic flow of gamer data from my inputs to capcoms databases so that they can better maximize my purchase interests

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Hope everyone is practicing good Dandori in these trying times

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Fuligin posted:

Hope everyone is practicing good Dandori in these trying times

im practicing Tandoori if u know what I mean

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Cassette beasts owns. You can tell the devs put a lot of effort into the writing/visuals, and the elemental chemistry system is cool as poo poo once you start manipulating it.

The fusion system is also cool for being massively powerful, but having enough drawbacks that it's not an "I win" button. My only issue the monster designs has more misses than hits.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm so glad that Remnant 2 (and the first game) do Souls style upgradeable weapons. There's no fear that my weird unique gun made from a material prised from the corpse of a boss that murdered me a hundred times will be eventually outclassed by a boring assault rifle with better stats, I can keep upgrading it and using it as long as I please.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Having now played upwards of four hours of a single armoured core game I can definitively say they have strayed from the light with the new one, which looks too much like a soulsborne and is slow enough for me to see and understand what's going on which is very disquieting!
The whole game should be a blur of explosions and boosterfire where I'm slamming every button as fast as I can
The inhuman speed in 4a is really sells the whole idea of these mechs as superweapons imo. Gunning it through a whole army of tankplebs in 20 seconds

Otoh AC6 does look good and I want to play it very badly
(though actually for real I think the UI is too busy and I don't like the giant complicated crosshair in the middle of the screen even if Ive been literally screaming for a proper lockon on occasion)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

DoombatINC posted:

every time the world starts ripping itself apart and reassembling itself to account for the inconsistent storytelling of a drunk old man, i am there for it

edit: if you (royal) never played Gunslinger it's an fps with an unreliable narrator, which is something you don't see nearly enough

$15 on Steam and Deck verified, I'm going to pick this up

Are the other CoJ games worth playing?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

smarxist posted:

i love creating a capcom oneID to link all of my favorite games and platforms, and then logging into my microsoft account to link it to my capcom oneID, updating my device/apps to get a 2FA code to login and confirm the link, so ensure a perfect synergistic flow of gamer data from my inputs to capcoms databases so that they can better maximize my purchase interests

i use playnite for a universal launcher. its foss b*tches

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Fortnite X Futurama trailer
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1684116992830185472?t=yEz8vM78UUHu4kBieQbRTQ&s=19

Gameplay changes for the collab
Bender is an NPC boss

New Futurama gun. I think it is a reskinned kymera ray gun.

Futurama cosmetics bundles. Bundles are 2800 vbucks and 1800 vbucks. 4600 vbucks total. $32 for those who want to gnash teeth

Mega city has Hypno-toad playing on some screens now.

Changes of interest
August crew pack skin is on the right.

New single shot pistol. Uses heavy ammo

New augments
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1684120961153396736?t=B1Ue3RqZOJ8Rww0Vg8zF0A&s=19
Another new skin I personally like

Maven disabled temporarily for lever shotgun
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1684128375244222465?t=4BeOPOJWjscVslewLFTwJg&s=19
Grapple gun will be back by week 9
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1684163375830368264?t=5nGvTk-bawb1ZiB4mxNojg&s=19
Season end spoilers

https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1684162094097113089?t=i9MRXx239ZQdIGeUKpLVNg&s=19

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 12:34 on Jul 26, 2023

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

isn't that how every season ends

'rift and sky beams' is about as exciting as 'gun that shoots bullets' in 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

sebmojo posted:

For two of this chapter's seasons yes. Not for every season. Both of the rifts have been different from the usual rifts too. Which has had story implications or something.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

sebmojo posted:

yeah you might as well do a hacking minigame to unlock a box of turds, or rearrange disney coffee mugs on a shelf to activate some ancient technological thingy what glows indigo

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh no not fortnite spoilers how will I experience the story blind now

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

oh no not fortnite spoilers

kylo ren kills han solo thenbdabs off a cliff

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Augus posted:

oh no not fortnite spoilers how will I experience the story blind now

Some people like to go in blind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/KeebyAstrokat/status/1683839524349026304?t=u_u5GsWAGs6LQw2cV0jW1Q&s=19