Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

code:
Malcolm Brogdon
Andrew Wiggins
Stanley Johnson
Rayan Rupert
Jordan Walsh
Donte DiVincenzo
Blake Wesley
Isaiah Roby
Justin Holiday
Santi Aldama
Devin Booker
Wesley Matthews
Dean Wade
Ausar Thompson
Jamaree Bouyea
Will Barton
Pascal Siakam
Mo Bamba
Keegan Murray
J.T. Thor
David Duke
Brook Lopez
Moses Brown
Frank Ntilikina
Gabe York
Isaiah Stewart
Vit Krejci
John Wall
Victor Wembanyama
Lauri Markkanen

Few more notes:
  • Bids due by 6:30 PM EST on Wednesday, July 26th.
  • PM/message on Discord/email me (whichever you prefer, all provided in OP) your bids for Day 1. It can be as many players or as little as you like, but you cannot spend more than the $1000 you have - once again you have to have $1 for every roster slot remaining. For the new players, you do not get $1000 every day, it's your total money to spend on 15 players. Choose wisely who you want to bid on and how much you want to bid on people every day. Only winning bids take away from your total $. Giggs made a sheet that will keep track of your money that I will also post in the OP.
  • If you do not want to bid on anyone, still send me a PM indicating so.
  • Please only list the players you are bidding on. It's more work for me to look through 10 players with "$0" next to their names.
  • Also please include your team somewhere so I can easily keep track on who is who.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jul 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Wait so are injuries a thing or no?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Chronicles posted:

Wait so are injuries a thing or no?

No injuries during the sim but for the Goon Voting part I'm sure they will take into opinion how a player would be post-injury. Also you should take into account how a sim would rate someone with a potential big injury (or whether it affects them at all) - but otherwise do whatever your heart desires!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Excited to see the first round of bids

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Victor on day one is downright dirty lol

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Boys

I smell winners

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Drunk Canuck posted:

Boys

I smell winners

After this post Canuck immediately sent a day 1 bid with way money than $1000

Mark Cuban is not above the BYOGM rules to acquire winners!!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Isaiah Stewart spells his name the normal way, not the overrated sex pest way

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

can't wait to see who bids 150 bucks for J.T. Thor

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Carlosologist posted:

can't wait to see who bids 150 bucks for J.T. Thor

$1488 for David Duke

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

After this post Canuck immediately sent a day 1 bid with way money than $1000

Mark Cuban is not above the BYOGM rules to acquire winners!!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

$1488 for David Duke

:thunk:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Good god the Cavaliers background/text cell colors are painful, lol, I'm gonna assume that played a part in them being the last team adrift without a GM.

Thanks for running this, I'm gonna learn a lot about some depth players, should be a fun and humbling experience!

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

kalensc posted:

Good god the Cavaliers background/text cell colors are painful, lol, I'm gonna assume that played a part in them being the last team adrift without a GM.

Thanks for running this, I'm gonna learn a lot about some depth players, should be a fun and humbling experience!

you mean the thunder right? I'll try to find a less sharp pairing

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Giggs posted:

you mean the thunder right? I'll try to find a less sharp pairing

Lol you're right, dunno why I keep flipping them in this thread.

Cavs was the hard to read one, Thunder are dandy.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

i definitely feel like my bids were probably stupid and i'm just not in the groove yet. we'll see.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I personally am very excited to not win anyone until day 6

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DeimosRising posted:

i definitely feel like my bids were probably stupid and i'm just not in the groove yet. we'll see.

My bids were very stupid which means I am definitely in the groove

Also my prediction is that someone is gonna get a player that makes several people go "oh my god that's so cheap"

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
With hindsight, not sure how my team made it to the playoffs last season, let alone getting through to the second round.

Christian Wood
Pascal Siakim
RJ Barrett
Norman Powell
John Wall
Richaun Holmes
Nicolas Batum
Bones Hyland

Yuck

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Red Rox posted:

With hindsight, not sure how my team made it to the playoffs last season, let alone getting through to the second round.

Christian Wood
Pascal Siakim
RJ Barrett
Norman Powell
John Wall
Richaun Holmes
Nicolas Batum
Bones Hyland

Yuck

I know the sim thought John Wall was the same guy as a decade ago and i remember thinking it rated raptors players with suspicious generosity

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Still need lists from:

rivetz
kalensc
ScooterMcTiny

Only an hour left!!

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 26, 2023

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
hoping someone accidentally bids a bunch on Justin Holiday

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

My big three of Shai/KAT/Steven Adams is great please don’t look at the rest of my team

How could I know that Gallo was completely cooked and Beas was gonna fall off a cliff

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Once I blew all my money on Embiid I just wanted to assemble an ex Philly hell dimension around him but all I really got were old iggy and fultz

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

DeimosRising posted:

I know the sim thought John Wall was the same guy as a decade ago and i remember thinking it rated raptors players with suspicious generosity

Thank goodness, because spent like $150 on Chris Boucher and Precious Achiuwa.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Still need lists from:

The Ninth Layer
rivetz
kingcobweb
ScooterMcTiny
kalensc

Only an hour left!!

I thought I pm’d you oh god who did I send it to instead

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

kingcobweb posted:

I thought I pm’d you oh god who did I send it to instead

Did not receive it! Another player may have your classified bids, pandemonium in the Nuggets HQ right now

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Reply with a hell ya if you're a waste all your money on the first few days with big overbids GM

Reply with a woop woop if you're a save all your money til the last few days then panic GM

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

DC Murderverse posted:

My big three of Shai/KAT/Steven Adams is great please don’t look at the rest of my team

How could I know that Gallo was completely cooked and Beas was gonna fall off a cliff

I mean we don’t know Gallo is cooked. He got hurt and missed the season (but uh…I don’t like his odds)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I’m a “say I’m going to wait until the end but then get impatient and overbid on a fave” GM. Worst of both worlds?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Doltos posted:

Reply with a hell ya if you're a waste all your money on the first few days with big overbids GM

Reply with a woop woop if you're a save all your money til the last few days then panic GM

All my money on day 7 say what

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
i put 2 bucks on a guy today and as soon as i sent the email to DBD i thought "that was a mistake"

good to be back!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

In an ideal world anyone you pay less than like $5 for shouldn’t be touching the court so if you beta couple bucks on a bench guy with a funny name or from your alma mater who gives a gently caress

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Danny Ainge voice

Well we put out $1000 worth of bids today, so if we end up winning 0 auctions what can I say, we tried hard, and we'll keep trying tomorrow.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
gleefully rifling through details of Nuggets bids while simultaneously professing shock and outrage on the league Zoom call (camera disabled)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Marking all the won bids now. Will start officially around 7 PM. Ended up getting everyone's list besides Indiana who always bids late anyway and still gets every good player.

If there is any mess ups in bids when announcing winners, just let me know ASAP - I have announced a few false wins before by accident.

Good luck to all, see you in a bit!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Doltos posted:

Woop woop

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The last few years I've also been a "Tell myself I'm going to lighten up and bid a little higher on the first few days, only to be gobsmacked at how much more other people are bidding" GM. Maybe this is the year I go too far!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I will fill the void in the real deal zone with trades in this deal zone

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

DC Murderverse posted:

In an ideal world anyone you pay less than like $5 for shouldn’t be touching the court so if you beta couple bucks on a bench guy with a funny name or from your alma mater who gives a gently caress

I was so pissed the year 2 bucks didn’t get me Hezonja even though it was after he had busted horribly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Free Agents (Unbidded on players able to be signed at the end of the entire bidding process for waived players)

Jamaree Bouyea (G)

Gabe York (G)

Every other player has been bidded on! Let's get to it!