Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hooray, cheese whiz!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Man what a huge lucky break.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
that's great to hear. I didn’t even think you could do an MRI right after an injury due to swelling, maybe they got him in the tube before it blew up

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/bradgalli/status/1683595066135248896?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

*looks at Nate Sudfeld*

Sure.

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

As a Vikings fan, I would 100% buy a Bridgewater Lions jersey.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Teddy seems like an absolutely great candidate for an all NFC North backup QB tour, let's get it started.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/1683610379950096386

drat all those articles and eulogies written only for him to be off a day later lol.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/1683845850462576642

whole league gonna get amon-ra st.clowned this year

in before "I could probably get at least 3 out of 10 against the Lions D"

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

tinstaach posted:

https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/1683845850462576642

whole league gonna get amon-ra st.clowned this year

in before "I could probably get at least 3 out of 10 against the Lions D"

Lions defense looking to repeat last year's performance I see

E: gently caress

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Why Your Team Sucks is back and the Bears are first this year

https://defector.com/why-your-team-sucks-2023-chicago-bears

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Fields cannot fail. His wideouts can only fumble.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I can't wait for Justin Fields to run for 3000 yards and throw 30 interceptions

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

HootTheOwl posted:

Fields cannot fail. His wideouts can only fumble.

Difficult to fumble if the balls are thrown 10 yards over their heads.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jen X posted:

I can't wait for Justin Fields to run for 3000 yards and throw 30 interceptions

You can't wait 8 weeks?

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Fields was like the 5th best QB in fantasy because of his rushing yards. They don't need touchdowns!*

*offer may not be good for real life football

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gonz posted:

Difficult to fumble if the balls are thrown 10 yards over their heads.

Non linear fumbling

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Receivers! Where are my receivers?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I keep a list of Justin Fields haters in my head so that when he starts winning playoff games I can perform the world’s longest and most obnoxious series of I Told You So’s

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Justin Fields has the physical tools to be a good passer. Also I think the only appropriate way to post about him is if he's a Cubs prospect that is One Year Away from breaking out. There needs to be a Mash Mervis esque nickname for him.

Also his dog is a HoF caliber dog. So fuckin cute.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

"He has zero help" isn't just something you say for fun

who looks good in this situation. I'm obviously biased but I have to watch this crap every week, I see it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

GNU Order posted:

I keep a list of Justin Fields haters in my head so that when he starts winning playoff games I can perform the world’s longest and most obnoxious series of I Told You So’s

Can I be put on the list? I don't hate him but I don't want to watch bears games to see if he starts performing well

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Metapod posted:

Can I be put on the list? I don't hate him but I don't want to watch bears games to see if he starts performing well

No. But when he's good trust me people will let you know

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Metapod posted:

I mean it became exciting to watch Bears games last season specifically because I was waiting for him to break off a 50+ yard touchdown run.

Now, I would much rather this was paired with several good passing touchdowns, and rarely it was but hopefully that will change with our new additions to the offense.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
It's weird cos everyone was expecting him to be this super accurate passer based on his college play

Would be very funny if Anthony Richardson came out of the gates as a hyper accurate pocket passer

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MikeCrotch posted:

It's weird cos everyone was expecting him to be this super accurate passer based on his college play

Would be very funny if Anthony Richardson came out of the gates as a hyper accurate pocket passer

So, the thing is Fields is incredibly accurate when it comes to intermediate to deep passes.

He is dire at quick short pass accuracy because his footwork and mechanics are touch and go.

He's good at the hard poo poo, and needs to work on the easier poo poo.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

I mean it became exciting to watch Bears games last season specifically because I was waiting for him to break off a 50+ yard touchdown run.

Now, I would much rather this was paired with several good passing touchdowns, and rarely it was but hopefully that will change with our new additions to the offense.

It's an nfc game I know it's not exciting good try though

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GNU Order posted:

"He has zero help" isn't just something you say for fun

who looks good in this situation. I'm obviously biased but I have to watch this crap every week, I see it

This seems like a decent argument for Geno's last year not being particularly sustainable.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

GNU Order posted:

We did that with Matthew Stafford, it's a lot less satisfying when it's a decade later and he's on another team

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
lmao what

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1684232610111692800

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey is Kmet's TD dance him hitting a home run or golfing?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:dafuq:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MJeff posted:

Hey is Kmet's TD dance him hitting a home run or golfing?

Home run, he was a baseball dude at Notre Dame

That Kmet contract is an overpay based on his overall production thus far but he showed signs of putting it all together at the end of last season (36 rec, 385 yards, 6 TD in the last 9 games). It seems like a decent bet on him maintaining that production and it won’t kill you if it doesn’t pan out (because it’s super frontloaded and the Bears had money to burn anyway)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Is there any evidence that Cole Kmet isn't just a guy?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

MJeff posted:

This seems like a decent argument for Geno's last year not being particularly sustainable.

I mean they still have DK and Tyler Lockett, and they just drafted JSN.

Those dudes are all pretty good at getting open

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

R.D. Mangles posted:

he's not just any guy he's a Chicago Guy
both him and Tonyan are. As local heroes they understand the importance of the Chicago Bears identity and the culture of excellence we embody

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

GNU Order posted:

National sportswriters did not watch all 17 Bears games like I did and they can never grasp just how little help Justin Fields had up to this point. It's unprecedented and not something you can judge based on solely looking at Fields' numbers.

There was literally a line in the Why Your Team Sucks article that just says "stop trying to make Cole Kmet happen."

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

He's no Desmond Clark that's for sure

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

He's no Desmond Clark that's for sure

TBF Dez Clark owned and was unstoppable on Madden.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean help or not Fields can not throw a ball well. No amount of help will change that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

R.D. Mangles posted:

He's completely indistinguishable from Adam Shaheen+ Kellen Davis + Zach Miller + Trey Burton + JP holtz