Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I know just enough about computers to post “Get In There Lewis” repeatedly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

SlowBloke posted:

Every poster in this thread has, at the time of this message, also the same amount of points as Sargeant

Only because Piquet got banned and only posts on reddit now.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tony quidtana posted:

Totally not the issue. It's the grey area around resource allocation

KTM went from being actively opposed to aero in MotoGP, having terrible/barely any aero on the bike to this year magically they jumped to having the one of the most sophisticated aero on the grid. Coincidentally it's an Austrian company sponsored by Red Bull. If you have a team that rotates between working on MotoGP aerodynamics half the time and then F1 the other half is it really fair that only 50% of the salary counts towards the budget cap? They're still working on aerodynamic concepts they can apply to the F1 car in the time they're not on the F1 project.

sounds like red bull should be banned from all motorsport

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I enjoy laughing at KTM's repeated incompetence in MotoGP so nah. I'm gonna be mad of Marquez moves there tbh

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

March 1st, 2018:
tony quidtana: [is told to shut up about MotoGP in the F1 thread] "Lmao you loving babies. Fine I'll never post about it again"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

July 25th, 2023:
Khablam: "i pooped and i peed"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

furiously searching post history

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

quid has like 4 topics he rotates through
it's not hard query my database to find when he last contradicted himself

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Thanks Ants posted:

I know just enough about computers to post “Get In There Lewis” repeatedly

The only thing a decent and moral person would do with a computer anyway

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

quid has like 4 topics he rotates through
it's not hard query my database to find when he last contradicted himself

my dude you've got 2

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I started a career mode on F1 2018 for XBox One because I saw it for $10. I'm a binman for Williams and I can't quailfy better than P20 after trying for at least an hour. If you make zero mistakes it seems like end up P1, but if you make any mistake whatsover, to include breaking when you should have taken a turn at full speed you are P20. But I guess crashing and sucking in a 2018 Williams car is very realistic.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SlowBloke posted:

Every poster in this thread has, at the time of this message, also the same amount of points as Sargeant

This maybe true. But unlike Sargeant my average points per race returns infinite points. :smug:

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017

tony quidtana posted:

I don't think it is actively being considered as so many manufacturers are doing similar things, especially with the resurgence of GTP/LMH in endurance racing that nobody cares about instead of pocketing the cash

https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-cost-cap-loophole-closed-off-by-fia/10486592/

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Khablam posted:

March 1st, 2018:
tony quidtana: [is told to shut up about MotoGP in the F1 thread] "Lmao you loving babies. Fine I'll never post about it again"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSNpoIVMW7k

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Not gonna lie Khablam tracking my posts half a decade back is definitely up there with the guy that got pissy that I called him out on some stupid poo poo and responded by "doxxing" me by exposing the province I lived in.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

SlowBloke posted:

And every poster in this thread is 6 points ahead of Nick Halsted in this year's BTCC.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

tony quidtana posted:

Not gonna lie Khablam tracking my posts half a decade back is definitely up there with the guy that got pissy that I called him out on some stupid poo poo and responded by "doxxing" me by exposing the province I lived in.
I track everyone's posts.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

realizing that the broken trophy is the perfect opportunity to bring back grid girls and/or grid robots

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Why did the Belgians build a spa for French champions? Seems kind of cucked tbh.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

khablam learned making lists of undesirables from helmut marko who learned it from... well

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

“I don’t want to comment too much. But I was holding the revs and then with four lights I have to go full throttle because I had no response from the engine. Then with the lights off I had literally zero power, so I had to do a pull away. I have to release the clutch, everything. Really disappointed of course, need to see what happened, something went wrong.”

Can anyone explain what Zhou means by “pull away” here?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The normal pull away that cars do on the formation lap or when queuing at the end of the pit. Not the one that dumps a ton of load through the clutch and maybe spins the wheels up.

Gurkhali
Apr 25, 2006
Oh Andy Johnson's Magic, he wears a magic hat.....
Guess i'm done for the season, no way am I paying Sky to put up with their commentary
https://twitter.com/f1multiviewer/status/1684213784334794752?s=20

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

net work error posted:

What about when the lmh team is better than the f1 team? Aka :ferrari:

Ferrari being true stalwarts of honor and integrity in motorsports plucked out the eyes of everyone who worked on the 499p before reassigning them to design the Purée Sangria.

Edit: if Netflix can’t stop VPNs it’s adorable F1 think they can.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Gurkhali posted:

Guess i'm done for the season, no way am I paying Sky to put up with their commentary

Do you worry about the TV License vans too? lmao

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Gurkhali posted:

Just watch the replays on overtakefans or f1fullraces. They're up within a few hours of the race finish.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'll find a VPN that works or a stream from someone else, Sky aren't getting anything from me

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

I'll find a VPN that works or a stream from someone else, Sky aren't getting anything from me

same but NBC and indycar

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
indy car is short for independent carting

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i thought it was Indianapolis Cares

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Haven't been watching this. Been watching cycling instead. It looks like red bull are cheating frauds still???

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fraug

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I've done a deep dive into the results and it seems like Ferrari had realized that the great sport of Grand Prix Motor Racing is dead and are concentrating on real racing like Le Mans instead. Good move

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I think F1TV have just collected a bunch of IP ranges that VPN services use and blocked them rather than doing anything more clever.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Haven't been watching this. Been watching cycling instead. It looks like red bull are cheating frauds still???

Their cheating is even more fraudulent than ever

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I am reminded while Hungary puts on good races sometimes it generally is an extremely bad track.

Paradoxically, Piquets move on Senna in the 1986 GP is my favourite ever overtake.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Also the “all engines are equal now and it’s all aero” is almost certainly horseshit. Renault might be as much as 30HP down, the Mercedes-Benz has harvesting issues, and whatever Ferrari’s power advantage was Honda closed it.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

tony quidtana posted:

I don't think it is actively being considered as so many manufacturers are doing similar things, especially with the resurgence of GTP/LMH in endurance racing that nobody cares about instead of pocketing the cash

The GTP cars are being loving bodied by the Hypercars nearly every round. I don’t think the Cadillac or any of the Porsches have even finished on the same lap as a winning Toyota or Ferrari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Thanks Ants posted:

Is he worse than Rosberg?

Absolutely.