Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean help or not Fields can not throw a ball well. No amount of help will change that

He can tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
ehhhhh,

Far better than Shaheen, and Kellen Davis.

probably roughly equal to Zach Miller before he died.

a Touch worse than Trey Burton when he was healthy that first year, better than anything other than his first year.

lol JP holtz.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I don't understand the argument that you have money to spend so why not overpay. You're just setting a precedent for overpaying for players that will be a problem for your cap further down the line.

Cap discipline is cap discipline regardless of how much space you have.

Good for Kmet on securing the bag though, I'm glad for him.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

How does the Kmet contract compare to Hockenson

My phone autocorrects Hockenson to Hockey Son, now that's a Minnesota athlete

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kmet isn't really an overpay though.

He got roughly 2 million less a year than Evan Engram did.

He's only 23, and has gotten better every year so far, in some dire situations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/erikschlitt/status/1684173929253052416?t=JU5BtbBpDkGqWKvqpO-0Yg&s=19

Whatever else happens this year, I am excited to see Amon-Ra kick rear end.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dexo posted:

Kmet isn't really an overpay though.

He got roughly 2 million less a year than Evan Engram did.

He's only 23, and has gotten better every year so far, in some dire situations.

The two million should be thrown to him and he keeps whatever he catches

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I mean his catch percentage was solid last year.

First 2 years he had problems with drops, but he got way way better this past year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't understand the argument that you have money to spend so why not overpay. You're just setting a precedent for overpaying for players that will be a problem for your cap further down the line.

Cap discipline is cap discipline regardless of how much space you have.

Good for Kmet on securing the bag though, I'm glad for him.

The bears have like 100 million in cap space going into next year. Future cap problems are the least of their worries and they’re either going to be overpaying for guys who are already on their team or overpaying in FA to fill holes left by guys they let walk. When your a consistently bad team you a) overpay and b) don’t have cap problems because you blow it up every few years.

“Setting precedent” isn’t a thing. Either they’ll be good and good players will want to sign there and won’t need to be bribed with stupid contracts or they’ll be bad and new people will be running the team in a couple of years.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Do the Bears have any edge rushers yet?

Also, I don't really hate the Kmet deal as much as I expected to. He's still only 24 and he's improved every year. If Fields likes throwing to him, then might as well keep him.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dexo posted:

He's only 23, and has gotten better every year so far

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

He's still only 24 and he's improved every year.
Are you doing a bit?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Do the Bears have any edge rushers yet?

Also, I don't really hate the Kmet deal as much as I expected to. He's still only 24 and he's improved every year. If Fields likes throwing to him, then might as well keep him.

DeMarcus Walker!!! You know that guy who sounds like he was on the Cowboys being awesome but actually was a Titan last year where he put up a career high 7 sacks

The Kmet deal is fine, he's just aggressively mediocre. I'd rather they pay him than blow another 2nd rounder on a TE, especially since Fields' strength is unleashing the dragon and we need more WR speed in next year's draft

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

Are you doing a bit?

I didn't realize he had a birthday between the season ending and right now. As I was looking at numbers from last year.

He's 24.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

Are you doing a bit?

Look the kids only 25 and he keeps getting better every year!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
$12.5 million AAV just isn’t that much to pay to an ascendant 26-year-old tight end these days. By this time next year it’ll probably be a middle-of-the-pack starting TE salary

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

It's #9 Tight End money. That's lower than I expected.

69 targets was a nice share of last year's passing volume, but Kmet played 94% of offensive snaps last year. This might indicate they're going to involve him more.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Forrest on Fire posted:

It's #9 Tight End money. That's lower than I expected.

69 targets was a nice share of last year's passing volume, but Kmet played 94% of offensive snaps last year. This might indicate they're going to involve him more.

seems about right. he's in a logjam at about the 12th most targeted guy. the question is if Tonyan takes his targets or if they go two TEs or what

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/1684277713371029521

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What ever you do. Don't be yourself. You are a bad QB. Love Aaron

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

HootTheOwl posted:

Are you doing a bit?

He’s a year away from being a year away

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

At 27, Cole Kmet is entering his prime

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

35 year old Kmet is on the verge of great things

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think this baby that plays TE could really be something.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

MJeff posted:

I think this baby that plays TE could really be something.

Pretty much all pro athletes are babies to me. I was in high school when Cole Kmet was born.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Saw one clip of a good Fields2Moore throw and am unreasonably hyped; going to need to watch some lowlight packages this training camp to keep me balanced

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Saw one clip of a good Fields2Moore throw and am unreasonably hyped; going to need to watch some lowlight packages this training camp to keep me balanced

https://twitter.com/CEmma670/status/1684323037191995392

No balance, just hype.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Hof game next week. Hype season begins just after that

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Huge congratulations to KM, who is hitting his 40th birthday.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Huge congratulations to KM, who is hitting his 40th birthday.

Wow two years off from his prime

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

lol at the free rusher (#92, Brown) just stopping so Fields could make the throw without getting "blown up".

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

lol at the free rusher (#92, Brown) just stopping so Fields could make the throw without getting "blown up".

I don't think he was a free rusher, it's just more the Guard and Tackle on the right side(left side of screen) aren't really like protecting at all.

Seems like some veteran benefit where Nate Davis just doesn't have to take contact and block, while the rookie backup playing Center actually has to block, practice and take some contact.

DL and OL play without pads is silly. Defensive line is generally always going to smoke a Offensive Lineman who doesn't have their pads

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The helmet helmets look silly and look even sillier without pads on. :3:

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Laporta has made some crazy catches, but nothing matters in pajama season.

Lions put on the pads tomorrow I think. That's when things start mattering.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dexo posted:

I don't think he was a free rusher, it's just more the Guard and Tackle on the right side(left side of screen) aren't really like protecting at all.

Seems like some veteran benefit where Nate Davis just doesn't have to take contact and block, while the rookie backup playing Center actually has to block, practice and take some contact.

DL and OL play without pads is silly. Defensive line is generally always going to smoke a Offensive Lineman who doesn't have their pads
Okay fair but it was just funny to me to see a defender just stop.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Packers training camp kicking off. First team:

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1684599102535761928

Bakh probably won't practice or play much this preseason.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1684577978725158915

please god let Love be rear end.

Edit:

Important Adendum; But not rear end enough for the Packers to get Williams or Maye

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

My regrets

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1684607793603411992

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Hell yeah, give the Jets something to look forward to in 10 years.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Hell yeah, give the Jets something to look forward to in 10 years.
Shouldnt it be closer to 15?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Jordan Love is 24 years old. He's practically 27.