Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Brighton got a red card vs Chelsea. They been dominating though but Chelsea's counterattack with Nkunku + Sterling looks decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Farcenal

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Mudryk, the missing piece of Arsenal’s title campaign, scored a beauty today.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Joao Pedro looks so good. Great strength and speed for a player with that skill.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

But enough about that second kit

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Ulio posted:

Joao Pedro looks so good. Great strength and speed for a player with that skill.

We have an exciting set of forwards at the moment, Joao reminds me a lot of Richarlison but hopefully less of a dickhead.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Newcastle should have won, they had two penalties, one was clear as day not sure why ref refused to give pen.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
How is my good friend Sandro Tonali looking for Newcastle so far?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
We don't have a TRP in memoriam thread but Trevor Francis has died. I will remember him as being the first £1m footballer, thereby setting us on the road to kylian mbappe being offered €700m a year. Also when he played for sheffield wednesday in the 90s looking like the world's most knackered man. Also he won some european cups or something

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

RIP

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

We don't have a TRP in memoriam thread but Trevor Francis has died. I will remember him as being the first £1m footballer, thereby setting us on the road to kylian mbappe being offered €700m a year. Also when he played for sheffield wednesday in the 90s looking like the world's most knackered man. Also he won some european cups or something

He was one of a few players who actually made Birmingham City something people wanted to watch. And that takes some doing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/CapableOfFlight/status/1683558007328632832

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Gigi Galli posted:

How is my good friend Sandro Tonali looking for Newcastle so far?

He caught a little criticism for a slip that lead to a goal against Villa, but that's just from idiots. Overall he's been looking great, his distribution has been excellent and he's looked physically tough too. Looking forward to when he and Bruno get on the same wavelength.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

:hmmyes:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/1683968849102643200

:munch:

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
supposedly this office only goes after cases they know they'll win and if you're doing a fuckin announcement video on twitter like that i assume they're confident

i think spurs are mostly insulated but the worst thing would be FC Hotspur of Tottenham adopting ukip colours after being set up by a bunch of #enicout nonces

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Yeah presumably if you have evidence of insider trading then that’s a pretty done deal

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
looking forward to Tottenham Hotspur being purchased by a minor member of the House of Saud who has no connections whatsoever to MBS or the Public Investment Fund

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Daduzi posted:

He caught a little criticism for a slip that lead to a goal against Villa, but that's just from idiots. Overall he's been looking great, his distribution has been excellent and he's looked physically tough too. Looking forward to when he and Bruno get on the same wavelength.

Ya he looks like a perfect premier league player and a great player for Newcastle's playstyle. Very active off the ball which I am sure Eddie Howe loves, even on that slip he managed to catch back up. This isn't a Scamacca type situation at West Ham, this guy is a engine so I think he won't have issues with the manager.

The only thing I can think of that could go wrong is he went from living in Milan to living in Northern England. If off the pitch he is unhappy and Newcastle hit poor form, that would be something that could be really bad for a first season abroad.

hermyownee
Jun 5, 2011
What specifically is it about Northern England that concerns you vs, say, Eastern England? Weather? Local natives?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I would assume for someone coming from Milan that it getting dark at 3:30 in the winter while it pisses with rain would compound any poor mood that they were in.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Is he bringing his mam or his nonna with him? I'd be more concerned about that.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Nuclear Spoon posted:

supposedly this office only goes after cases they know they'll win and if you're doing a fuckin announcement video on twitter like that i assume they're confident

i think spurs are mostly insulated but the worst thing would be FC Hotspur of Tottenham adopting ukip colours after being set up by a bunch of #enicout nonces

90% of people who get indicted by the DOJ plead guilty, if you get indicted you’re hosed

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/timbo_slice1991/status/1684172344602898433?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Thanks Ants posted:

I would assume for someone coming from Milan that it getting dark at 3:30 in the winter while it pisses with rain would compound any poor mood that they were in.

Milan is in Northern Italy, it’s equally as cold as Newcastle in winter. Milan also gets far more rain than Newcastle on a yearly average basis, 1162mm vs 650mm per year.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Newcastle is the Milan of the north. Many people saying this

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
They don't have chicken parmos in Milan. loving continentals

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

wooger posted:

Milan is in Northern Italy, it’s equally as cold as Newcastle in winter. Milan also gets far more rain than Newcastle on a yearly average basis, 1162mm vs 650mm per year.

I've had to look this up and Milan is significantly warmer than Newcastle and while it does get more precipitation, it has fewer rainy days. It is also Milan while Newcastle is Newcastle.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

pwm fact of the week:

all of europe is the same temperature unless you can see the Med from your house (then it is scorchio)

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

blue footed boobie posted:

I've had to look this up and Milan is significantly warmer than Newcastle and while it does get more precipitation, it has fewer rainy days. It is also Milan while Newcastle is Newcastle.

Nah, less than a degree in it, in the winter months which were mentioned, on average - mainland Europe doesn’t get the Gulf Stream.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Milan (in Italy remember) is the same temperature as Newcastle - deranged ramblings of a maniac

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Milan is a poo poo hole like the rest of Italy

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Yes, but Newcastle is an exemplary shithole in England

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Milan's got this one for me

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

the sex ghost posted:

Milan (in Italy remember) is the same temperature as Newcastle - deranged ramblings of a maniac

*in winter*.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Milan's got this one for me

Sure, but you see how those min max lines overlap in winter and the Newcastle low is higher than the Milan one…

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Milan at 4am in december is just about equivalent to newcastle at noon. Well I'm convinced

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

If I see another post about the weather between Newcastle and Milan we’re going to have a talk in my office at the embassy

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
What's newcastle's fashion week like?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

mila kunis posted:

Not good for shirt enthusiasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

mila kunis posted: