Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I don’t think people remember just how bad the grid was skill wise from 1995-2000. The only guy even remotely close to Schumacher was Hakkinen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

I think F1TV have just collected a bunch of IP ranges that VPN services use and blocked them rather than doing anything more clever.

I suspect their cleverness is just enough needed to get their partners to stop complaining.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I just tried a couple of DNS services designed to get around geoblocking and they worked, so let's see.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Frond posted:

I don’t think people remember just how bad the grid was skill wise from 1995-2000. The only guy even remotely close to Schumacher was Hakkinen.

late 90s F1 grids are real "remembering some guys" hours

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I mainly remember the names that featured in Grand Prix 2 because they popped up on screen a lot while they retired. "Bertrand Gachot is out of the race"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

we were robbed a long and fruitful career of Esteban Tuero, the man destined to bring F1 glory back to Argentina

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Alaois posted:

we were robbed a long and fruitful career of Esteban Tuero, the man destined to bring F1 glory back to Argentina

Back? Marko keeps nailing down constructors.

OH, *Argentina* not Argentina... :wink:

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Alaois posted:

This is Gaston Mazzacane erasure

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Olivier Jean Denis Marie Panis

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

Frond posted:

Erm, I think you're forgetting about a little guy called Pedro Diniz, he was real close to Schumacher every time he was lapped

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Alaois posted:

late 90s F1 grids are real "remembering some guys" hours

Watching a race from 2000 and immediately googling just how old Pedro de la Rosa is because the guy‘s career spanned from Discman to iPhone 5 and he wasn’t young when he came in.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

kimoa needs to a Miguel Indurain collab

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
this seems like it could be cool

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1684217271890190337

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

This is where we need Rich Energy.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Anyone remember a driver from the 90's named Michael Schumacher?

Crazy to think back that far.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i used the terminator time machine to go back and place the rock in the perfect position t o prevent michael from enacting a chain of events which would activate skynets self awareness. your welcome, no i wont explain more. its called the butterfly effect. look into it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/BlackRedGuard1/status/1684225006002216960?t=TmUdlgSLACn7OkpEZPqUfw&s=19

Mao saw the future of Ferrari

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

maoma mia

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Ferrari with the flex of just having their logo, no text, no sponsors.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

maoma mia

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

the milk machine posted:

Olivier Jean Denis Marie Panis

He's probably one of the best drivers to have debuted between Schumacher in late '91 and Alonso/Montoya at the start of 2001, which is nuts.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1683938776156975106?s=20

Red Bull’s dominance is starting to become a big factor (negatively) in the long term prospect of the sport in the States.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

I mainly remember the names that featured in Grand Prix 2 because they popped up on screen a lot while they retired. "Bertrand Gachot is out of the race"

don't know how they actually picked the roster for that game

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

My personal anecdote is I have first/second generation immigrant Dutch American friends who got into the sport during the title fight and even bought me a ton of Max stuff, they were all gung ho despite not being into F1.

This year they won’t even turn on the races.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kirios posted:

Red Bull’s dominance is starting to become a big factor (negatively) in the long term prospect of the sport in the States.

oh that's not the first time the Dutch scammed Americans

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Kirios posted:

as the only american in the thread, f1 has largely been unwatchable since 'michaah! nooooo!'

i even let my f1tv lapse this year because who cares lmao

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

As an American viewer, my biggest issue is too many races at 9 am Sunday morning. They really should move the race start times later to accommodate the American market.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Knight2m posted:

As an American viewer, my biggest issue is too many races at 9 am Sunday morning. They really should move the race start times later to accommodate the American market.

Same but 5 and 6 am. 8/9am is the perfect start time though

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Kirios posted:

Good.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Grevlek posted:

as the only american in the thread, f1 has largely been unwatchable since 'michaah! nooooo!'

this is a lie, there are plenty of Americans in here

yes, even Americans that watched before the pandemic

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

this is a lie, there are plenty of Americans in here

yes, even Americans that watched before the pandemic

gross

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Grevlek posted:

Nationality is irrelevant to Truth but I agree with your timeline that since the administration of the "sport" strayed from His (Lewis) Truth (WDC) at lap 56 in the last race of 2021 it has been a poor and unrighteous spectacle of which the human race should be ashamed

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
We were bound to lose a bunch of Americans anyways, since this season started with a bunch of new fans who had only seen Drive to Survive and had no idea what they were getting into. They probably didn't even know you're supposed to nap from lap 10 to lap 50.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Nationality is irrelevant to Truth but I agree with your timeline that since the administration of the "sport" strayed from His (Lewis) Truth (WDC) at lap 56 in the last race of 2021 it has been a poor and unrighteous spectacle of which the human race should be ashamed

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Knight2m posted:

The most American thing I have seen posted in a while, good work.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Kirios posted:

red bull... good???

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's all a fairly predictable trajectory for every company that overpays for something and the VPN clampdown is probably the brainchild of someone who thinks that people paying £5 a month to watch races is going to rush out and sign up to Sky Sports to get their races back. I fully expect the fantasy league to start charging for entries within a couple of seasons, and it being justified because they're giving away some caps and shirts of a driver who got dropped by their team five races ago.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

:pwn:

this seems a wee bit much

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

That's also £24 on top of a basic Sky sub to get loads of poo poo you don't want, and it's an introductory price that you then have to try and negotiate the renewal price of when the contract is up for renewal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

2 months of sky is a year of f1tv.. hmm difficult