Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is having children morally evil
This poll is closed.
Yes. 57 55.34%
No. 46 44.66%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Stereotype posted:

most drunk drivers don't ever hit anyone, but every parent has forced a child into the world

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

he owns so hard imho

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
what could be more morally correct than continuing a project that's seen 300 millennia of people working together to convert all of earths biomass into more people and plastics. we're almost there, even if it's not your thing at least have a couple kids

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

no, on the whole existing owns

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
what about if you have a child but then while drunk driving your child runs over the ceo of exxonmobil

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

croup coughfield posted:

like if youre not having kids what the gently caress are you even doing? your life means nothing

nah, that's stupid
if having kids is the only thing that makes your life matter that's a skill issue

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I would still like to know if abortion is evil because you are killing a non-consenting child.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

croup coughfield posted:

like if youre not having kids what the gently caress are you even doing? your life means nothing

Enjoying life op

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

err posted:

Enjoying life op

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Yes, I’m a mom. Yes, I go to raves and do incredible amounts of ketamine. We exist.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Epic

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

croup coughfield posted:

not being a nihilist. it owns actually

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
having children is morally good because it means more people in the world who might someday play Yakuza 0

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Cuttlefush posted:

aren't there supposed to be some gay uncles though

guncles and launts serve the valuable function of demonstrating to their nieces and nephews how much easier being a DINK is, and how they should be impressed by their parent's sacrifices

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

We just say gauntie actually

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Relevant Tangent posted:

guncles and launts serve the valuable function of demonstrating to their nieces and nephews how much easier being a DINK is, and how they should be impressed by their parent's sacrifices

they arent supposed to have incomes

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 65 days!

this

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 65 days!
have you tried orienting your entire life around consumption and public displays of moral rectitude? try living bud...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
yes

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

vyelkin posted:

having children is morally good because it means more people in the world who might someday play Yakuza 0

also and most parents won't mention it, is that the first year or so when youre sleeping less and have no social life, is the perfect time for gaming

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

also and most parents won't mention it, is that the first year or so when youre sleeping less and have no social life, is the perfect time for gaming

timing your childrens' births around major game releases ftw

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

vyelkin posted:

what about if you have a child but then while drunk driving your child runs over the ceo of exxonmobil

giving birth before the bhopal disaster and distracting the company workers from fixing the problem

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

vyelkin posted:

It depends, it is morally neutral if the ceo of exxonmobil is a child because the two acts cancel each other out. It is morally good if the ceo of exxonmobil is a normal human because they are just a useless eater and the child was going to take their place anyway. The only way it is morally wrong is if the ceo of exxonmobil is giving birth while getting run over since the child being born didn't consent to getting run over by a drunk driver.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

vyelkin posted:

timing your childrens' births around major game releases ftw

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
my children better master the half-a press by the time they learn to crawl or else its spartan cliffs time

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

croup coughfield posted:

have you tried orienting your entire life around consumption and public displays of moral rectitude? try living bud...

im sacrificing oxen* right now

*grilling burgers

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Having children is treats culture

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Poppers posted:

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 65 days!

Poppers posted:

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Poppers posted:

Yes, I’m a mom. Yes, I go to raves and do incredible amounts of ketamine. We exist.

nhd, you're just throwing frisbee in a park

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Poppers posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Stereotype posted:

most drunk drivers don't ever hit anyone, but every parent has forced a child into the world

dudes rock

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://i.imgur.com/gqmQost.mp4

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 65 days!

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Sunk-cost fallacy natalism

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Mr Hootington posted:

I would still like to know if abortion is evil because you are killing a non-consenting child.

abortions are fine, the person carrying the child should have the right to terminate at any time for any or indeed no reason

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Poppers posted:

We just say gauntie actually

i feel like this is a worse portmanteau than launt but bow to your lived experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Relevant Tangent posted:

abortions are fine, the person carrying the child should have the right to terminate at any time for any or indeed no reason

do you think that the person carrying the child should also have the right to deny any vaccines given to them during this period?