Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The one with guns also had the glitch where if you spoke to someone everyone would 'maintain current action' so background NPCs stay animated but don't advance anything.

But on your spaceship, where everyone is supposed to be safe one action was 'climb ladder' so they'd keep climbing, never engage 'get off ladder animation' phase through the roof of the ship and get a mile in the air and despawn, killing them in the safe zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Large Testicles posted:

you know you have that backwards?

i can’t even tell what’s a joke or not anymore

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
worlds is the one that isn't about tiny planets

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No, look, it's easy. Outer Wilds is the one that's about going outside and camping,

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Dabir posted:

No, look, it's easy. Outer Wilds is the one that's about going outside and camping,

You're thinking of Counter-Strike

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

LifeSunDeath posted:

it wasn't open world though it was super linear. it felt like playing a demo, as if most of the areas were blocked off for the full game but that would never come.

the bugs were some of the only interesting things going on in the game.
The areas were pretty small, too.

flatluigi posted:

worlds is the one that isn't about tiny planets
Uh....

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Meowywitch posted:

I hate building and it does a good job towards killing FO4 for me

Especially since the supply boxes don't even connect with each other unless you get a high level perk on a SPECIAL stat that I personally tend to leave at 1

gently caress

Took me a while to figure out what you were talking about because after the tutorial I literally never went back to the building menu. I just played through it like it was fo3 or nv and I didn't feel like I missed anything

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I adopted two children in Skyrim. I left them the house in Whiterun, and I live alone in the woods at Lakeview. The last four times I've been to Whiterun, the adopted girl hasn't been around. I just fast traveled there and arrived at 3 AM, and she wasn't even in bed. The boy was there, the girl was not.

Is.... my daughter dead? I thought Todd didn't allow children to be killed in these games. I just want her to find me random alchemy reagents to make sure she's ok. :ohdear:

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Railing Kill posted:

I adopted two children in Skyrim. I left them the house in Whiterun, and I live alone in the woods at Lakeview. The last four times I've been to Whiterun, the adopted girl hasn't been around. I just fast traveled there and arrived at 3 AM, and she wasn't even in bed. The boy was there, the girl was not.

Is.... my daughter dead? I thought Todd didn't allow children to be killed in these games. I just want her to find me random alchemy reagents to make sure she's ok. :ohdear:

The boy probably just ate the girl because you left them with no food or supervision for long periods at a time. You are a bad parent.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

It's Skyrim
The house clearly ate her
Check under the house

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol try looking up the child's RefID and console player.moveto [id] to teleport to their location, see what theyre up to

ids here:
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Adoption

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

lobsterminator posted:

The boy probably just ate the girl because you left them with no food or supervision for long periods at a time. You are a bad parent.

Hey now! Hey. I left them with food. I do leave for days at a time, the girl has recently adopted a pet fox, and I am a werewolf. But this is all fine.

Upsidads posted:

It's Skyrim
The house clearly ate her
Check under the house

I assume she is stuck in someone's house, or maybe with the sickos in Dragonreach. It seem plausible that she followed me into a house by way of the dialogue glitch (that pulls NPCs who are talking at you into doors you pass through) and just got stuck somehow.

Carthag Tuek posted:

lol try looking up the child's RefID and console player.moveto [id] to teleport to their location, see what theyre up to

ids here:
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Adoption

This is really useful. Thanks!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Railing Kill posted:

Hey now! Hey. I left them with food. I do leave for days at a time, the girl has recently adopted a pet fox, and I am a werewolf. But this is all fine.

I assume she is stuck in someone's house, or maybe with the sickos in Dragonreach. It seem plausible that she followed me into a house by way of the dialogue glitch (that pulls NPCs who are talking at you into doors you pass through) and just got stuck somehow.

There's kidnapping sidequests. Look around for a note. I think.

There's also a bug where Lidia or whatever her name is gets stuck randomly in Carlotta's house. Can't even remember what town that is and I'm too lazy to check.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
My favorite Skyrim glitch (which unfortunately is also why I stopped playing) happened when an invincible temporary party member NPC would wander away and be friendly but turn hostile when he was near. Sometimes I'd be out in the middle of the woods and he'd just encounter me there. DIE YOU FIEND! He'd say. A single hit from my sword would make him take a knee for a little bit, but as soon as he got up, if he saw he, DIE MONSTER! Dude would just randomly show up at places.

I couldn't complete his quest, though :\

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

What happened if you surrendered?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
invoking the arts of tilde to cast summon child

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

It's not within the purview of this thread and is in fact within the direct purview of another thread but I was both disappointed and amused when I came across a band of dogmatic Daedra haters and summoned a Dremora Lord right in front of them only for everyone involved to stand around clearing their throats

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Blue Footed Booby posted:

There's kidnapping sidequests. Look around for a note. I think.

There's also a bug where Lidia or whatever her name is gets stuck randomly in Carlotta's house. Can't even remember what town that is and I'm too lazy to check.

:aaaaa:

I genuinely assumed some kind of glitch was more likely, that Todd Howard had abducted the kid. An actual plot was like third on my list.

Cool if true. I'll find out shortly if this game is going to turn into Taken, But With Werewolves.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rwo1q0uDHk1u890nd.mp4

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

credburn posted:

My favorite Skyrim glitch (which unfortunately is also why I stopped playing) happened when an invincible temporary party member NPC would wander away and be friendly but turn hostile when he was near. Sometimes I'd be out in the middle of the woods and he'd just encounter me there. DIE YOU FIEND! He'd say. A single hit from my sword would make him take a knee for a little bit, but as soon as he got up, if he saw he, DIE MONSTER! Dude would just randomly show up at places.

There are in fact multiple immortal NPCs this can happen with. You’ll just have an immortal randomly show up and attack you sometimes, it’s mostly annoying but sometimes cool

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Lmao

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Oh god, Elder Mer is at it again

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

It's not within the purview of this thread and is in fact within the direct purview of another thread but I was both disappointed and amused when I came across a band of dogmatic Daedra haters and summoned a Dremora Lord right in front of them only for everyone involved to stand around clearing their throats

The one time those fuckers actually have the situational awareness to think maybe they shouldn't fight something :rolleyes:

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Railing Kill posted:

this version may have just wisely scooped out the annoying vampire attacks inside towns.

That's exactly what happened. It was removed as part of the Special Edition.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
The disappearing child reminds me of the wedding glitch where at the very moment the ceremony is complete your spouse will sprint for the door and if you don't catch them and talk to them before they go outside they will disappear so hard even console commands won't find them.

credburn posted:

My favorite one is when two or more invincible NPCs somehow manage to aggro each other and wind up in an eternal struggle.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

coldpudding posted:

The disappearing child reminds me of the wedding glitch where at the very moment the ceremony is complete your spouse will sprint for the door and if you don't catch them and talk to them before they go outside they will disappear so hard even console commands won't find them.

poor darkeethus, thought of vinesauce vinny and fled for his life

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Railing Kill posted:

Please report back :allears:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

coldpudding posted:

My favorite one is when two or more invincible NPCs somehow manage to aggro each other and wind up in an eternal struggle.

I saw this happen with an NPC and a bear. He’d run away from the bear, but the bear would catch and down him, which breaks aggro so it would wander off, but when he got up it would turn around and chase him down again. I followed them across a large chunk of the map before I lost track of them. For all I know he’s still getting harassed by that bear to this day

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

UPDATE

My kid was locked in a neighbor's house. It's a house that is always locked because the owner is at her produce stand all day, and at home at night. The kid must have followed her little pal into the house and got locked in. The two kids play tag all day, so I figured maybe mine glitched into the building. I had to pick the dang lock. All three of them poured out of the door the second the lock was picked, as though even the owner was locked in her own house.

Her pet fox was left in the house, though, and I can't interact with it in any way. I can't even manually pick it up. I'm sure that will work itself out. Maybe.

So, for those keeping score, Todd Howard kidnapped her.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Railing Kill posted:

UPDATE

My kid was locked in a neighbor's house. It's a house that is always locked because the owner is at her produce stand all day, and at home at night. The kid must have followed her little pal into the house and got locked in. The two kids play tag all day, so I figured maybe mine glitched into the building. I had to pick the dang lock. All three of them poured out of the door the second the lock was picked, as though even the owner was locked in her own house.

Her pet fox was left in the house, though, and I can't interact with it in any way. I can't even manually pick it up. I'm sure that will work itself out. Maybe.

So, for those keeping score, Todd Howard kidnapped her.

It took me a moment to realize I was in the glitch thread and thought you lockpicked your actual kid free.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

PurpleXVI posted:

It took me a moment to realize I was in the glitch thread and thought you lockpicked your actual kid free.
:same:

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
how do people forget what thread they're in so often, i have never once done that and i've been using these dead gay forums since 2008

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

StillFullyTerrible posted:

how do people forget what thread they're in so often, i have never once done that and i've been using these dead gay forums since 2008

I think it's more likely to happen in PYF, since there is no broad category that unifies it other than :justpost:

I don't go to the Games forum anymore, or GBS that frequently. I find everything I need in PYF. All my friends are here.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I just click on a thread with a decent number of replies in my control panel and read. I, too, was caught out by the post and it took me a sec to clock which thread I was in.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

By opening up a bunch of browser tabs to read, possibly from the favorites page, and perusing them sporadically over the course of a day while doing other things.

Also by exaggerating confusion for the purpose of humor.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

In my defense at least, I had literally just woken up like five minutes ago. It was less that I had forgotten what thread I was in and more that it took me a few seconds to associate the story being told with the previous thread anecdotes in my groggy state.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
These are all good reasons, I retract my incredulity.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

If it makes folks feel better, my real daughter is fine and Todd Howard has not abducted her.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You guys thought this goon had described his actual daughter as having 'glitched into the building'

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I dunno, that sounds like something kids these days would be doing