Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

scientists are still unsure how he, despite the efforts of Lee Harvey Oswald and Sirhan Sirhan and the presence of Rosemary, managed to have the most brain damage out of any of the Kennedys.

lmao

Let's try to keep the US politics chat at least in some way related to Putin's needless war against Ukraine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

weg posted:

lmao

Let's try to keep the US politics chat at least in some way related to Putin's needless war against Ukraine.

To be fair this started from RFK's quote about Russian can't possibly lose this war.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

weg posted:

lmao

Putin is a huge piece of poo poo.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Putin is a huge piece of poo poo.

Putin holds the record for the human containing the most poo poo and horse semen (simultaneously). Easily stripping Kenneth Pinyan of the title, and finally bringing the trophy back to Russia.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

PDP-1 posted:

Most, if not all, US states have 'sore loser' laws that prevent candidates from doing this. If you run in one party's primary and lose you can't run as an independent just to split their vote out of spite. RFK registered as a Democrat candidate on April 19 so he's locked in and can't run for president unless he wins the primary.

e: Apparently three states do not have such laws

Huh, didn't know that. Guess they're really going for it in which case lol, lmao

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Willo567 posted:

https://twitter.com/shashj/status/1684296912533331969
Not sure how leaking this when Ukraine has told people to be quiet about the counteroffensive plans.

If it's underway, it's kinda pointless to say "any day now... " and pretend it's not happening but just saying it's underway in no way defines what's going to happen, only what happened so far, or what's plainly obvious with satellite imagery/forward observations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pookah posted:

And even after the HGH, he struggles to do 10 really bad push ups

https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/1673053159172833280

Wouldn't HGH make you less able to do pushups? Because you're now bigger/heavier and still out-of-shape.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

He's not on HGH, he's not a Mr. Olympia competitor. He's just on regular rear end middle aged guy TRT and blasting his test levels to 1500 while making his heart look like a big chunk of mortadella.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
When your enlarged heart counts as a red state all by itself.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Going to clancy chat and draw a correlation between two events happening in the news lately:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/kremlin-accuses-west-trying-sabotage-its-showcase-russia-africa-summit-2023-07-25/

A good number of African countries' leaders didn't attend Putin's little summit, which got Scheissmeister pissed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-66320895

Now, just coincidentally there is coup attempt in Niger.

quote:

After the soldiers' TV announcement Mr Blinken called for the release of President Bazoum.

He told a news conference in New Zealand that "what it clearly constitutes is an effort to seize power by force and to disrupt the constitution".

In neighbouring Mali, heavily armed Russian Wagner mercenaries are helping the military regime to fight jihadist insurgents. Niger's unrest comes on top of existing Western anxiety about Wagner operations and the Sahel region's instability.

President Vladimir Putin, keen to expand Russian influence in Africa, is hosting African leaders in St Petersburg on Thursday.

The West African economic bloc Ecowas has said it "condemns in the strongest terms the attempt to seize power by force" in Niger.

I'm pretty sure this is Russia's fault worsening things in Africa right now.

Also:

Ronwayne posted:

When your enlarged heart counts as a red state all by itself.

:lmao:

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Seems like there's lots of chatting going on of a drawdown or withdrawal or maybe rotation of Russian troops in September. Could be nothing but worth keeping an eye out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-gX2NbUnUQ

Not sure what that could mean exactly. A new mobilization? A decision to give up on the war? Something else?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1684462157771993089

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Willo567 posted:

Unless it's misdirection again

My rule of thumb is to not believe anything until it's been confirmed for at least two weeks

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

It can only be an insidious Western imperialist plot, as African countries of course, like Eastern Europeans, have no agency and cannot decide for themselves that it is not worth touching the poop.

Also, the Niger coup tensions have been bubbling under for a while, it may be a factor in many regional leaders deciding not to attend, as they want to be nearby to manage the crisis.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i mean no joke that's why it's such a bizarre clip: 7 lovely arm bends while planking for less than 10 seconds should be so basic that if someone visibly struggles to the point of failure doing that it points to something being wrong, especially given his apparent level of muscularity. i guarantee you that even most out of shape goons could do that

He might have joint or arthritis related issues that limit his range of motion?

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Deptfordx posted:

He might have joint or arthritis related issues that limit his range of motion?

Or maybe he just worked out for an hour and threw in some push ups at the end.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Or his a dipshit obsessed with performative masculinity and doesn't actually care about his fitness because he is on all the trt instead of actually trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Guess who isn't in Belarus

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1684502548579852290?s=20

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nipples staging a shirt coup

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

beer_war posted:

Guess who isn't in Belarus

Not surprising to me, because this is the one way that Prig is actually useful to Putin.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/DBruckard/status/1684507416983900160#m

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Man those exposed light bulbs next to a hideously ornate mirror is very stylish.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

Nipples staging a shirt coup
Prigozhin looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his white polo at the Africa summit. Very very disrespectful.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Maybe but Ukrainians actually get training and equipment.

loving morons.

Oh hi Prig.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

Prigozhin looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his white polo at the Africa summit. Very very disrespectful.

apparently international summits start causal Friday a day early.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Alexa find that fit

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I mean, given that all Russia really has to offer African states is mercenary death squads, it's kinda understandable he's there.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Prigozhin shirt tucked in into dad jeans Flaberge egg looking rear end.

This is like a comic pages "can you find all 35 tacky things in this image" challenge.

I'm the mirrored marble pattern, elevator walls at the dumpy doctor's office vinyl sticker on the egg column.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Plus the CAR diplomat's rainbow/multicolor inside suit lining

I swear every time I look at that pic some new weird thing just jumps out

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

I think that's a lanyard

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
It looks like a photo your dad would send when he meets the drummer from some 70s rock band while at a cheap hotel.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Ok I actually opened the full image now and drat those slippers look comfy.

Also lmao at the laundry in the corner.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

egg column

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Fuckin' bootleg Homer Simpson-looking rear end.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1684535990604402688#m
Translated: Ukraine's losses are 8-10 times lesser than POCCNR's

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

LMAO

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Nailed it lmao

Putin is Mr Burns.

Prigozhin is Homer.

Girkin is Bart?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

weg posted:

Nailed it lmao

Putin is Mr Burns.

Prigozhin is Homer.

Girkin is Bart?

With how often Girkin complained about his compatriots, I think Groundskeeper Willie might be more appropriate. drat Russians, they ruined Russia!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Hmmm yeah I could see that.

I know his position doesn't line up perfectly but Snowden gives me Smithers vibes lol