Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Walla posted:

I'm a spender, though I'm not sure to what level. I think I've spent around $50 or so since I started playing? Call it $60 over 3 months. As long as the game is fun and my bills are paid I don't mind a few dollars here and there if it increases my enjoyment of the game.

Yeah they're more looking for the people who dropped 400$ to finish off the standard banner rolls early on. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

do you get a new 300 tracker after you redeem one or is it a one and done

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That ain't me. Hell no!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Futaba Anzu posted:

do you get a new 300 tracker after you redeem one or is it a one and done

Just one. It'd be nice but once you pick, that's it.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Spending jade on standard tickets is probably just bad because of power creep. The standard 5*s are all solid but even just going by role, everyone's already been power crept except for Gepard and Bronya.

I mean if that's what you wanna do go hog wild but it's probably more efficient to chase the new hotness, especially since you will at one point end up with a bunch of the standards from losing 50/50s

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Your going to eventually get all the standards from failing 50/50s

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

acumen posted:

Spending jade on standard tickets is probably just bad because of power creep. The standard 5*s are all solid but even just going by role, everyone's already been power crept except for Gepard and Bronya.

I mean if that's what you wanna do go hog wild but it's probably more efficient to chase the new hotness, especially since you will at one point end up with a bunch of the standards from losing 50/50s

Gotta be power crept twice unless you're a dps, but yeah I mean spending that big of money is not a sound decision, like ever. For sane people that is why we always say, never spend your jades on standard ever, it will only ever hurt you.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Got my 30 star MoC this round :toot:

Difference from last week was winning my 2nd coin toss in a row for Blade as well as leveling up the e6 Pela I had kicking around. Both are extremely good. It makes me wonder how good the other 4*'s are at e6. I got e6 Sushang during the Blade pulls... maybe I'll level her up to compare against e0 Seele, Blade, and yq. I don't really need Kafka, so I figure I'll wait for Lady Fu. That said, I might actually be done with the game for a while. I've "beat" the team building mode and can just wait 8-12 months to play through continuous story content. It should be on ps5 by then too. We'll see how I feel next week, I might end up just blowing all my remaining jade to try and get Blade's LC.

I bought the 5$ jade daily and the battlepasses, which put me around $40-45 spent which isn't bad for the playtime I got out it. I don't have a gambling mind set so I never bought more jade. And you really don't need to do any of that to beat what's currently in the game.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Futaba Anzu posted:

i'm curious how close people are to this, i only started like a month after launch but i'm only like 140/300 on this and my weekly rate of reg tickets dropped precipitously to like around 5 per week I think. By 'eventual' I'd imagine I'd hit the 300 in like half a year from now.

I'm at 300 because I'm stupid and use my extremely good luck at early pulling limiteds to waste jade on standard.

e: I also never bothered with the SU LCs and spent all those tokens on tickets.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 26, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

At like 233/300.

Gonna start hoarding gems now for fu xian

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I been super lucky on the LC banner. On pulled 3x 10 times and gotten both Seeles and Blade’s LC

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Btw, e0 pela is almost as good as e6 pela in non ice damage comps so people without eidolons shouldn't sleep on her. Give her Resolution LC, a leveled up ult, 50% effect rate and she is good to go.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

AParadox posted:

Btw, e0 pela is almost as good as e6 pela in non ice damage comps so people without eidolons shouldn't sleep on her. Give her Resolution LC, a leveled up ult, 50% effect rate and she is good to go.

Yep. Her and Silver Wolf form the backbone of one of my MoC teams because 100% defense shred and SW's massive break effect leads to some enormous Entanglement detonations.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

GateOfD posted:

Your going to eventually get all the standards from failing 50/50s

While this is true, I started playing Genshin at launch, and didn't get Jean until Nahida's banner more than two years later.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I still don't have Keqing

but I have a c1 Dehya :shepicide:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

likewise I now have E1 Gepard when all I want is Bronya :argh:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Xalidur posted:

While this is true, I started playing Genshin at launch, and didn't get Jean until Nahida's banner more than two years later.

Kind of my point. If you really want a Bronya or Clara or Gepard now, 2 years is a long wait.

I guess I'm just in a weird position where none of the future characters really excite me at all. I really want Lynx but only because she's Serval's little sister. I'm not sure if I would actually use her. Maybe Topaz for the novelty?

Right now I'm hoarding. I want 4 stars more than 5 stars, and Dan's banner has Asta which I need more of so I'm definitely pulling there. Same for Fu Xuan's banner for Pela and Lynx.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It takes too long to guarantee a 5* relative to their release schedule that I can't justify pushing the 300-pull meter for my choice of a guy that can booby prize me half the time on Character banners anyway. Not like I know which one to pick anyway, so it makes more sense to let the game narrow things down for me.

This stuff is general advice though, which means ignoring it if you feel like it. Hell I'm sure there are people balancing it by like keeping a stash that would guarantee any new 5* while their excess is used to push the Standard meter. I'd still find that questionable just because one stacked patch can immediately make you wish you had the even bigger stash but it's not worth lingering on either.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

acumen posted:

it's not even necessarily because of power creep, bronya's abilities are so good she's only really going to be eclipsed in her role by bronya++

the best reason it is a bad idea is that there are no guarantees on the standard banner. thanks to how pity works you could if so inclined spend a couple hundred bucks to guarantee the new hotness on the new hotness banner. you could spend ten grand and never see bronya.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Yeah the "only pulling on character banners is most efficient" advice is only true if you care about being able to pull limited characters. I like being able to do that, so I'm hoarding right now. If you don't give a poo poo about specific people and you just want to pull, fuckin do it up

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

big cummers ONLY posted:

Yeah the "only pulling on character banners is most efficient" advice is only true if you care about being able to pull limited characters. I like being able to do that, so I'm hoarding right now. If you don't give a poo poo about specific people and you just want to pull, fuckin do it up

It's also true if you only want to pull characters. The standard banner is 50/50 between characters and light cones. If you don't want specific people, but do want people, the limited character banner is still the better choice.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

at this point, i night use my 300 ticket to get a dupe Bronya for her E1 to be more skillpt efficient (and an excuse to actually build her)

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Genovera posted:

It's also true if you only want to pull characters. The standard banner is 50/50 between characters and light cones. If you don't want specific people, but do want people, the limited character banner is still the better choice.

This is a great point. The possibility of getting spooked by a lightcone is pretty dire.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just realized that Yukong is perfect for Arlan. :aaa:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

everytime i look at gepard, i get depressed seeing his useless talent, and how he wastes a major trace, and his e6 on it (not like i ever reach that)
should be that once per battle, Gepard throws a small shield on a target and then takes an attack that would have been a fatal blow, or something similar to that nature.
instead its if this hulking 4000-5000 defense tank dies, he auto-revives

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I don't have speed boots on my Gepard yet. His talent is the only reason I managed 2 stars on one of my MoC runs. It comes in clutch when you're trying to punch above your weight.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GoodluckJonathan posted:

This is a great point. The possibility of getting spooked by a lightcone is pretty dire.

My only 5-star off the standard banner was a cone. :v:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am at 177 for the standard banner, and I don't really see a realistic scenario to hit 300 with the rate we get the standard star rail passes. The only 5* LC I got from it is Gepard's, but I am too poor to level it and it would just go to FMC who is doing fine with the Herta store 5* one. Relics are like a second gacha, you almost always waste your stamina, put getting a solid upgrade will probably increase your power more than a single trace level or whatever.

Once you are at TL65 and not leveling much, how frequently do you even gain standard star rail passes, assuming FTP? 5 every 45 days from the battle pass, 5 every month from the shop, and 1 a week from Herta's store? I guess some events might give a few, but I guess it is about 17 a month? Maybe an additional 2 per new character if you level them to 60 even if you do not intend to use them.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 27, 2023

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Pain of Mind posted:

I am at 177 for the standard banner, and I don't really see a realistic scenario to hit 300 with the rate we get the standard star rail passes. The only 5* LC I got from it is Gepard's, but I am too poor to level it and it would just go to FMC who is doing fine with the Herta store 5* one. Relics are like a second gacha, you almost always waste your stamina, put getting a solid upgrade will probably increase your power more than a single trace level or whatever.

Once you are at TL65 and not leveling much, how frequently do you even gain standard star rail passes, assuming FTP? 5 every 45 days from the battle pass, 5 every month from the shop, and 1 a week from Herta's store? I guess some events might give a few, but I guess it is about 17 a month? Maybe an additional 2 per new character if you level them to 60 even if you do not intend to use them.

4 from SU every week is the most regular and substantial amount

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Do you consider "keep playing until the first anniversary" to be a "realistic scenario"?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm at 200 standard banner pulls but I might quit before I hit 300 NGL.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I cannot make progress in these Storyteller events. 2 and 5 just stall at 40,000 points and it's a bit frustrating, but at least it's a handful of relic remains and credits.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Walla posted:

I cannot make progress in these Storyteller events. 2 and 5 just stall at 40,000 points and it's a bit frustrating, but at least it's a handful of relic remains and credits.

I was having trouble with those 2 at first as well. I ended up beating them with the provided Luocha and Blade, then Sushang (to break Trotters) and JY. What was kind of weird was my score massively improved just using auto-attack, even though it feels like it is playing much less optimally. It looks like the computer is wasting ults on almost dead enemies, but it seemed to work point wise. Event buffs (for 5) I think I used the 50% damage /lose 10% hp per round, 25% crit rate, 100% crit damage when you get healed, and 50% more points from ults. For level 2 I used the same configuration, though did not get over 50000 by much.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

paimon.moe tells me my 300th wish on the genshin standard banner was 2022-09-27, using only the free ones.

e. my first pull on standard was on 2020-09-28. looks like we've had way more free standard pulls in star rail over the same period.

Radical fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 27, 2023

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

GateOfD posted:

at this point, i night use my 300 ticket to get a dupe Bronya for her E1 to be more skillpt efficient (and an excuse to actually build her)
Am seriously considering this myself, I think it'd help me more than Himeko or Yanqing could, and maybe more than Bailu too considering I'm going in on Lynx in 1.3

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bailu is great if you are fighting electric weak mobs and have seele + SW. Shes your sustain healer with Ting as a buffer

Natasha is the character I've completely replaced. Most tough physical weak monsters are also weak to imaginary or lightning so with Luocha she just doesnt have a place in isolation team comps.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm at like 194/300 and I will still probably pick Bailu (cute), or Clara (strong)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bronya for Seele will be my 300

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know what my 300 freebie will be. Clara was literally in my first rookie 10 pull so maybe bailu or bronya? I plan on getting lynx though so probably bronya. Idk.

Maybe I'll just not care and take another Clara eidolon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

If I were to do the select right now, I’d probably take one of Gerard or Welt, though I’d be sorely tempted to get Bronya e1. She really blows through SP, even with her LC.

Blade is getting pretty close to done (minus farming for more optimal relics) so I’m starting to work on characters for Team DoT. LCs and leveling and traces for Sampo/Kafka/Asta is going to eat so much stamina, though at least I already have a decent relic set for Sampo and all the Blade relic farming means I have a bunch of messenger gear for Asta.