Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Redeye Flight posted:

Y'know what, that I respect. "This garbage can bought me this fuckin' house!"

Yeah while the house is a just... what ever the hell it is, pretty cool he kept that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Trabant posted:

We've posted some houses but boy do I have a house for you. There are 82 pictures in the listing and well... I'm not even going to timg these:

From the description:

That might explain the headshots of women all over the place, but it still doesn't reduce the likelihood he's a serial killer hiding in plain sight too.

100% chance it was the orange one but also 90% chance it was Billy too.

You know in the Rocky Horror Picture Show, when Brad suggests that the castle he and Janet just drove past is probably some kind of hunting-lodge for rich weirdos? This looks like a hunting-lodge for rich weirdos.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

spookykid posted:

This tool (or similar available in Ireland) is your friend, a little bit of learning curve, but invaluable for changing bulbs like that. Source: working with my dad for years in lighting and changing hard-to-reach bulbs. Practice on some easily changed ones in lower areas and you'll have the hang of it in no time.

Wow, thanks for this! The actual link is region-blocked for me, but searching "pole light bulb changer kit" is bringing up a lot of interesting options.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Trabant posted:

We've posted some houses but boy do I have a house for you. There are 82 pictures in the listing and well... I'm not even going to timg these:

From the description:

That might explain the headshots of women all over the place, but it still doesn't reduce the likelihood he's a serial killer hiding in plain sight too.

I feel like this is what Edward Norton's house should've looked like in Glass Onion

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
How often do you all need to change your LED bulbs? :confused:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I feel like this is what Edward Norton's house should've looked like in Glass Onion

You know, you're absolutely right.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Fighting Trousers posted:

1974 never ended in that house.

I had the exact same red carpet in my bedroom as a kid. My sister had vibrant blue.

This house took me back to my childhood. My ugly, ugly bedrooms of my childhood.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/_bilaire/status/1681124066214780928

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Trabant posted:

From the description:

That may be the kitschiest mansion to appear in this thread.

Like Baz Luhrmann, Paul Reubens, and French Stewart got together and had an intervention for the owner of that house, because in their words "It's a little much."

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If you're wondering why the house is still full of the guy's bizarre poo poo it's because he died last year. That silver plated garbage can you can see in the 1st and 3rd photos was apparently the original garbage can he used to perfect the formula for Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen.
I genuinely respect that guy. "I have all the money in the world, I know what I want in a house, and I'm going to have it. gently caress the resale value." No interior decorators involved.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I'm just amazed Hawai'ianTropic guy died of what sounds like old age - that house is absolutely itching to kill someone. I've never seen a place so infested with sharp corners, mirror-smooth floors, and trip hazards.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

All I can think of is stumbling at the top of those stairs and impaling myself on the point of the bannister where the stairway splits. :ohdear:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Powered Descent posted:

All I can think of is stumbling at the top of those stairs and impaling myself on the point of the bannister where the stairway splits. :ohdear:

Not tumbling the whole way down that closer side of the staircase and impaling yourself on the sticky-out bits of the giant wooden chair at the very bottom?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Just looking at the photographs feels like I'm going to have a seizure or something, I'm not sure if it's the photography technique but it's like the visual equivalent of standing next to a jet engine.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Platystemon posted:

How often do you all need to change your LED bulbs? :confused:
Im finding the really cheap GE ones that builders use last about 2 years.
One step up in quality … don’t know, none have broken yet.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

OwlFancier posted:

Just looking at the photographs feels like I'm going to have a seizure or something, I'm not sure if it's the photography technique but it's like the visual equivalent of standing next to a jet engine.

Easy HDR plugins for photoshop are a bane to home buying.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Trabant posted:

That'll make a nice summer home for Aquaman.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
I think I remember that house from Myst

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I love hidden object games but I've never felt the need to live in one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Deformed Church posted:

I love hidden object games but I've never felt the need to live in one.

I was thinking more 90's FMV point-and-click. Just needs a synth BGM track and overlaid filmed footage of b-grade actors to interact with.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Pesterchum posted:

I think I remember that house from Myst

I dunno, I seem to recall the Myst house being more realistically rendered.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I was thinking more 90's FMV point-and-click. Just needs a synth BGM track and overlaid filmed footage of b-grade actors to interact with.

All those photos of the models would "come alive" to say an impossible to quite make out quote, before going back to static.

If you clicked on one of the lions or the bear, they would come alive and eat you leading to one of the more enjoyable game overs.

dr_rat has a new favorite as of 08:50 on Jul 20, 2023

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

dr_rat posted:

All those photos of the models would "come alive" to say an impossible to quite make out quote, before going back to static.

If you clicked on one of the lions or the bear, they would come alive and eat you leading to one of the more enjoyable game overs.

I can hear the unintelligible sound files. What wizardry is this

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

This is the listing:

https://www.redfin.com/NY/Beacon/112-Washington-Ave-12508/home/73351898

There is a photo of a single step in the listing. I do not know why.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

maybe the owner did the stairs and they're just so proud of it.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Boob lights.

BOOB LIGHTS.

BOOB LIGHTS!!!!!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is that supposed to be arranged like a constellation or something

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Heath posted:

Is that supposed to be arranged like a constellation or something

I was thinking it was a little like a Breath of the Wild shrine puzzle

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Biblically accurate boob light room

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Oppleiades.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Boob lights.

BOOB LIGHTS.

BOOB LIGHTS!!!!!

When you're trying to test your baked lighting in Unity so the room looks good.

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022
Anyone else notice the outside locks on super-creep's bathroom?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:ohno:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Human.Frank posted:

Anyone else notice the outside locks on super-creep's bathroom?

I was going to say that's not unusual for a bathroom that opens to both a bedroom and to a hallway, so that the bedroom can still be locked from the inside while leaving the bath available for the rest of the house. (My place has that setup.) But I went back and looked at the rest of the pictures of that room, and... there doesn't appear to be another door. Also what I'm thinking of is one of those little knob-locks, not three heavy-duty deadbolts. :ohdear:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Maybe it's for dumps that are a level beyond merely warning someone they might not wanna go in there for a while, like if you see it's a three-locker, it's completely on you if you go in anyway

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Dude is terrified of Bloody Mary but wanted a mirror bathroom, so he solved the problem in a very practical manner.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Maybe it's for dumps that are a level beyond merely warning someone they might not wanna go in there for a while, like if you see it's a three-locker, it's completely on you if you go in anyway

lmao "a three-locker"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Captain Hygiene posted:

THIS IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND (slam-click-click-clonk)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

A fixer-upper in Georgetown is on sale for $50,000. It’s a wall.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Doubly weird that it's apparently some kind of spite move against someone named Walls :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah the lady who lives in the building the wall is attached to is called daniela walls, who is having problems because she does not own her walls.