Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fartknocker posted:

Fullbacks own and should come back in all their forms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The Lions still have a fullback because they are cool and great.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Titans Legend

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Steal

https://twitter.com/benvolin/status/1684511285591900160?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Where were all you "make exceptions for RBs" people when Fullbacks went extinct huh

Grade school

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Docjowles posted:

Um excuse me MrLogan is the raiders conspiracy theorist. mcmagic is the Jets poster known for masturbating at work and eating daily CSPAM probes. Common misconception

It's not a theory if it's true.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I don't think masturbating at work was ever considered a theory...

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

MrLogan posted:

It's not a theory if it's true.

That's right which is why you're a conspiracy theorist

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

I used to work with a couple who would go on a Metal themed cruise every year and it was the highlight of their life (they were VERY into metal). They made the kind of friends they invited to their wedding. Seems like if you get on the right one for your vibe it can be pretty dope.

TFF theme cruise when. Dock in Veracruz and spend a day going to the Mexico City game. fartknocker gives a presentation on some pre 1980 topic every day in the window where we’re drunk enough to heckle but sober enough to learn something. We all try to dodge getting swirlies from Doltos. Berths are grouped by division fandom.

*wakes up* well that was a hosed up dream

Kawalimus takes us all on a bird-watching excursion. Leper gives a Ted talk.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

Kawalimus takes us all on a bird-watching excursion. Leper gives a Ted talk.

There needs to be a dedicated forum to debate BBQ technique

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Forrest on Fire posted:

There needs to be a dedicated forum to debate BBQ technique

That’s the evening entertainment on stage.

Also there will be a “gently caress Tom Brady” belly flop contest in the pool.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Docjowles posted:

fartknocker gives a presentation on some pre 1980 topic every day in the window where we’re drunk enough to heckle but sober enough to learn something.

Day 1 presentations are titled “gently caress the Cowboys, Vol II: 1970-1979” and “Bill Belichick’s Favorite QB: Bert Jones & Mid-70s Baltimore Colts.”

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There better be an you can eat chicken wings buffet.

Then again I get seasick easily so this cruise may not be the best idea… :barf:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
ive never been on a cruise but i have to imagine those ships are so big that you dont even know youre on a boat

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Soul Glo posted:

ive never been on a cruise but i have to imagine those ships are so big that you dont even know youre on a boat

It just depends. Normally you don’t feel any motion unless you go outside or look outside, but sometimes if you get in some choppy water, the stabilizers can only do so much. Doesn’t happen that often but it does happen.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Soul Glo posted:

Like 95% of the time it's the exact same kind of vacation as an all inclusive resort.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1684536362559492096

Very rude to do this to Houston

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

In 2009, during the AFL’s 50th anniversary games, the Titans played the Jets. The Titans wore Oiler throwbacks, the Jets had their New York Titans uniforms, so it was Oilers vs Titans.

I can’t find it on YouTube, but there was a great clip of linebacker Keith Bullock mic’d up pregame where he was trying to figure out which Titans people should root for.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

mcmagic posted:

Like 95% of the time it's the exact same kind of vacation as an all inclusive resort.

I have only been on a cruise twice (and an all inclusive once), but this is the exact analogy I have told people who have never been on a cruise. It is just an all inclusive that moves to different places so you can see different things. Though from my experience it is also easier to get bread pudding at 3am on a cruise.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I went on a family trip on a Carnival Cruise as a kid and even when not seeing the ocean I was getting motion sickness.

My inner ear notes when my body is moving but when the data my eyes are giving me doesn't match is when I get queasy.

Happens too when reading or using screens in a vehicle.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I've been to roughly 8 all inclusive resorts and there is no way you're getting me on a loving cruise.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Noted

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Do you guys think it’s Kc and the eagles in the top tier or is KC stil alone in the top tier

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i've been on two cruises, both when i was a dipshit teenager, and the experience of ditching your family to hang out with a bunch of other dipshit teenagers you'll never see again for a week is pretty cool

in 2023, at age 32? absolutely loving not

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kidcoelacanth posted:

i've been on two cruises, both when i was a dipshit teenager, and the experience of ditching your family to hang out with a bunch of other dipshit teenagers you'll never see again for a week is pretty cool

in 2023, at age 32? absolutely loving not

Well yeah, I hope you wouldn’t ditch your family to hang out with teenagers since you’re 32.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol

quote:

“They can only beat the (expletive) out of you so much. But everybody’s got a little stink on their hands. It’s not just Russell. It was a (poor) offensive line. It might have been one of the worst coaching jobs in the history of the NFL. That’s how bad it was.”

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1684563727369256966?s=20

Edit: Oh hey, NFL slot machines are now a thing!

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1684548241709305857?s=20

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 27, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

euphronius posted:

Do you guys think it’s Kc and the eagles in the top tier or is KC stil alone in the top tier

:lol: the eagles are probably getting third in the east this year. KC will make it at least to the AFC championship.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who is better than the eagles in the nfc???

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

euphronius posted:

Well, in the NFCE, dallas and the giants will be first and second.

The eagles struggled against any team last year that had an actual defense. They nearly got beat by Cooper Rush.

Note they still may get a wildcard spot with 3rd in the NFCE.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: the eagles are probably getting third in the east this year. KC will make it at least to the AFC championship.

I know that's just how the NFC East works but I cannot imagine the Eagles finishing with a worse record than the Giants or Washington

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Boys have a... reasonably comparable roster, but just imagine having faith in McCarthy.

Also Giants or Football Team? Lol, nah.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Imho you said third in the east, not the nfc

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I never said a thing about the commanders. They're in fourth and will be for another couple of years before an inexplicable run.

The eagles are just going to slide back in the division and maybe creep in a WC spot. 7th seed at best.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

euphronius posted:

4th-dimensional-chart-showing-dak-turning-into-pure-energy.jpg

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Dak is a much better QB than Hurts and I don't think there's any question about it. I'm still lolling at Hurts' hail mary attempt at the end of the super bowl.

And that's the issue. People have enough tape on Hurts now and defenses know how to shut him down. Eagles will lose a lot more games this year.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dak is a much better QB than Hurts and I don't think there's any question about it.

Ok I see where you are coming from

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dak is a much better QB than Hurts and I don't think there's any question about it.

:thunk:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Well, in the NFCE, dallas and the giants will be first and second.

The eagles struggled against any team last year that had an actual defense. They nearly got beat by Cooper Rush.

Note they still may get a wildcard spot with 3rd in the NFCE.

lol thanks I needed a good laugh today.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Oh, I think there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Trying to think of a position group that the Eagles don't have a top 3 unit in the NFL..... Maybe linebackers and RB's? They are loving stacked. Not acknowledging that is just willful stupidity.