Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

plenty i think. i spend $5/mo on patreon and another $5 on the monthly packs and i’m loaded. i have over a thousand gold just waiting for more farm supply perks to spend it on. gold really doesn’t let you progress that much faster overall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Weedle posted:

plenty i think. i spend $5/mo on patreon and another $5 on the monthly packs and i’m loaded. i have over a thousand gold just waiting for more farm supply perks to spend it on. gold really doesn’t let you progress that much faster overall

Depends on how much you feel like trading for OJ/AP/AC and maybe nets.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Weedle posted:

Yeah, you can get plenty of gold via MMs and trade.

I'm on the $10 beta plan mostly for the MB size and because I sink enough time into it that supporting the developer in that way feels good. But I definitely don't need more gold at this point aside from having number-go-up-syndrome.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

JosefStalinator posted:

Ugh you need hickory omelettes for the buddy card quest? Are they hard to come by in trade chat? Hell if I'm getting cooking to 35

Alright I lied, got cooking up to 35

Would appreciate if anyone throws some bird eggs my way, gonna need a ton of em for these darn omelettes.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

JosefStalinator posted:

Alright I lied, got cooking up to 35

Would appreciate if anyone throws some bird eggs my way, gonna need a ton of em for these darn omelettes.

FYI they're abundantly easy to buy in trade chat for 20oj/k (at least that's what I pay).

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Ruggan posted:

FYI they're abundantly easy to buy in trade chat for 20oj/k (at least that's what I pay).

Ohhh duly noted! That's cheap as heck

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Ruggan posted:

Yeah, you can get plenty of gold via MMs and trade.

I'm on the $10 beta plan mostly for the MB size and because I sink enough time into it that supporting the developer in that way feels good. But I definitely don't need more gold at this point aside from having number-go-up-syndrome.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

No thanks, huge waste of gold.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Just unlocked the tower and now it kinda feels weird that I don't have a huge quest line to save up for

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Slimy Hog posted:

Just unlocked the tower and now it kinda feels weird that I don't have a huge quest line to save up for

Oh buddy, yes you do. A lot of them still to come.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Slimy Hog posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[inhales]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's a good one.

Stock up on pie plates.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Slimy Hog posted:

What do you mean? The tower IS that quest.

Aim for T50 and T100, though. Those two might get ya on the right track for quests.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Yeah... so as expected, no hot potatoes in Borgen today. A lot of people were banking on that to finish temple. That means hot potato prices are going up, up, up!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

quote:

An Update From Firestream:

It is with a heavy heart that today I am announcing Titan Conquest will be closing permanently.

Titan Conquest has been online, but in a maintenance mode for the better part of 2 years. The volunteer staff and admins have done an amazing job with events and activities to keep the game alive and the community active. However, the game has not grown in the past 2 years and has lost most of the active player-base it used to have.

Recently, we became aware of some major issues within Titan Conquest, particularly some exploits and holes in the game’s security. These issues were tested and abused by an attacker in the middle of July and then used again on my other game, Farm RPG. Both games were closed and repairs were made to Farm RPG first. For the last 10 days work has been made to ensure the integrity and security of Farm RPG.

At this point, Titan Conquest needs a lot of time invested into ensuring the game cannot be compromised again and that is time I don’t have currently. I have to ensure that Farm RPG moves forward as it has 50x more active players and still has many years of planned updates. The sad truth is that Titan Conquest has run its course. It came about from the closed Destiny RPG back in early 2017 and had a solid life. While I could sell or transfer the game to another person or group, I cannot in good conscience pass TC off to another owner knowing that there are flaws in the code that could impact players, or impact my other games down the line.

Titan Conquest will always be special to me. It paved the way to allow me to work on these kinds of games full-time and even start my own company. It brought about some of my most cherished memories with the community and allowed me to grow and learn more about game development, and what players find engaging and fun. Farm RPG would not have been possible without the work on TC, and I’m both extremely proud of TC and sad to close it down. This is not an easy decision, but it is what I feel is best at this moment given the recent events.

Thank you to everybody that continued to play Titan Conquest up until its final moments. Maybe we will see you at Farm RPG, but if not, we wish you the best and appreciate your understanding of this difficult decision.

Two more things: If you played Titan Conquest a lot, and you would like to give Farm RPG a shot, get in touch with Farm RPG Support and we’ll add 500 Gold to your account. Be sure to include your Titan Conquest username so that we can verify you were a player. We are also going to add a section to Farm RPG in the near future that includes a list of the active players of Titan Conquest up to when it closed.

Firestream

I'm guessing this is referencing the multi-hour outage earlier this month?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ruggan posted:

Yeah... so as expected, no hot potatoes in Borgen today. A lot of people were banking on that to finish temple. That means hot potato prices are going up, up, up!
I was going to finish the temple if they were, but since they're not I won't. At least there's Runestone 7s to be had.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Ruggan posted:

I'm guessing this is referencing the multi-hour outage earlier this month?

Yeah, I saw something like someone got in and made everyone? an admin or staff or something like that.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

It feels like stirring a meal to reduce the time is counter-productive. Gives you less time to stir, which is where the big xp comes in. Am I wrong?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Genericide posted:

It feels like stirring a meal to reduce the time is counter-productive. Gives you less time to stir, which is where the big xp comes in. Am I wrong?

No, when I was GMing the pies I avoided stirring them at all.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I haven't done the calculations, but you also get a chunk of xp for stirring (very observable on long cooking times). I would guess that the xp amount for stirring is equal to the xp you'd get for letting it cook. With stirring yeah you lose some time to taste/season that meal, but the sooner you're done, the sooner you can start a new meal. I think skipping only makes sense if you're limited in your ingredients, and that it's a wash if you want GM/XP per time.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

NFX posted:

I haven't done the calculations, but you also get a chunk of xp for stirring (very observable on long cooking times). I would guess that the xp amount for stirring is equal to the xp you'd get for letting it cook. With stirring yeah you lose some time to taste/season that meal, but the sooner you're done, the sooner you can start a new meal. I think skipping only makes sense if you're limited in your ingredients, and that it's a wash if you want GM/XP per time.

Basically this is correct. If you’re going for mastery and you’re tasting optimally and you aren’t ingredient constrained then it’s more or less a wash. But for some things where it’s hard to not be ingredient constrained (pies) you can opt to not stir to give up some output for more sustained mastery over time.

If you’re not ingredient constrained and also not fruit punch constrained, you can get the most mastery by starting, doing your first taste (shortest timer), then fruit punching and starting again. I don’t personally do that, but it’s an option.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

NFX posted:

With the pies my focus was GMing so finishing early wasn't a priority as I wouldn't have time to babysit tasting for 2 full rounds of pies a day, and cooking them without the mastery bonus is a waste of ingredients, so I focused on tasting and seasoning and ignored stirring.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Always. Be. Stirring.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Got to cooking 89 and realised I’m still only 32% of the way to 99 :negative:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

monkeytennis posted:

Got to cooking 89 and realised I’m still only 32% of the way to 99 :negative:

:negative: level 92 is only halfway. I just keep making pies because they keep being needed and if I get too many I'll sell some. Otherwise I'm not worried about leveling. I just hit 83.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Accidentally sent a beach ball to the new bear townsfolk, oops. Anyway, so far I've found he loves yarn and likes trout, feathers and oak.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

if you reach out to support they’ll probably give you your beach ball back

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Eh, I have another. I'd sooner reach out to support to get them to stop using app notifications for non-harvest news

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

...I think it might be time for me to send a note to Farm RPG about the townsfolk. Now we have *three* animal villagers, and zero non-white villagers. At least Geist was already in the plot....

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
There's Baba Gec, but he's not really a proper villager yet is he?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

There's also Captain Logan, though, yeah, neither Baba Gec or Captain Logan are "townsfolk" with visible friendship meters and mailboxes yet.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Though I agree with your overall point, Vincent looks like he's black to me.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i think a lot of them have ethnically ambiguous skin tones. holger, cecil, vincent, lorn and borgen could be people of color or just heavily weathered white guys. rosalie, george and mariya are the only ones that definitely look white to me

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ric is definitely white

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

NFX posted:

Ric is definitely white

Only until he speaks.

E: god damnit this is not the WWE thread

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I got a gold potato to drop! And I only have 1,500 potatos left at the temple too, so I'll have TWO.

Now for corn jail again... one day I'll have Glacier Lake unlocked!

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I've been working on hot potatoes all month and I don't even think I'm going to make 5000. Still got about 500 to go. I have nothing to trade for them either.

At least I have plenty of potato batteries now.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Xerol posted:

I've been working on hot potatoes all month and I don't even think I'm going to make 5000. Still got about 500 to go. I have nothing to trade for them either.

At least I have plenty of potato batteries now.

I got you

Edit: What’s your in game name?

koshmar fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 30, 2023

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Some updates dropped. Cider now scales based on stam effectiveness in an area, so upgrade those if you haven’t already.

Also, big buff to wine cellar. Costly to upgrade though. I’d wait to see if they drop some of the perk prices in the next few days before buying.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was very confused when I couldn't Cider at 1250 stamina, and even now there's a bug where the error message swaps between "you need at least 1,500 stamina to use a cider" and "you need at least 1,250 stamina" on every click. And sometimes 1,600. But overall I guess it's an upgrade. Before it would use ~750 stam per AP with whatever bonuses I have, and now it's ~1,100. So AP lasts longer and I get to do fewer clicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Ruggan posted:

Some updates dropped. Cider now scales based on stam effectiveness in an area, so upgrade those if you haven’t already.

Also, big buff to wine cellar. Costly to upgrade though. I’d wait to see if they drop some of the perk prices in the next few days before buying.

That's a clever way to scale cider clicks. Of course...

Only registered members can see post attachments!