Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

XyZeR posted:

Man, Ufo's sure have a thing for America and Europe... i wonder why.

https://twitter.com/konstructivizm/status/1449292781076295680

This map is based on a database of observations recorded in English. It's not a map of all reports worldwide. There are other big databases in French or Portuguese for example

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

this is where i am too. i would love this poo poo to all be real. hell yeah, giant red spaceships, tic tacs, advanced tech we're trying to reverse engineer! but until there's any actual decent evidence, shown to us, the plebs, then it's all a bunch of shite.

"so and so said this and they've seen the evidence!" but it's all super classified is nothing to get excited about imo. and no matter how bi-partisan everyone is claiming this whole thing to be i trust any american politician as far as i can throw them so the fact that this is all going through the proper government process or whatever means absolute jack poo poo to me.

in summation, show me the sexy aliens or nothing.

sounds like someone didn't watch the testimony :smugdog:

Nov 6, 2002

SniperWoreConverse posted:

also overlay it with population, radar & sensors

lol southern asia has over a quarter of the world's population

guess they're all blind to ufos

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

https://www.indiatvnews.com/trendin...23-05-03-868661

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

452 sightings in a year and not one video that shows anything undeniable. faaarrrt

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

XyZeR posted:

Man, Ufo's sure have a thing for America and Europe... i wonder why.

https://twitter.com/konstructivizm/status/1449292781076295680

honestly probably due to widespread undiagnosed schizophrenia

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The aliens are the imaginary friends we made along the way.

Nov 6, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

The aliens are the imaginary friends we made along the way.

gently caress you man, I have real friends, and they probe the gently caress out of my rear end.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

uapmap@twitter is reliable info, but the idea that they're pulling their map from partial sources is not plausible

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The correlation between exposure to western pop culture and reported alien encounters is probably very high. Without exposure to the whole UFO mythology you'd probably just assume you saw some natural phenomenon, a military aircraft or a ghost/angel/spirit and shrug it off. I dunno if anyone collects reported angel sightings throughout the world. Maybe the Pope can chime in?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

So, are like, UFOs actually real?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Bananana posted:

I can tell you but only in the SCIF.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

The Bananana posted:

UFOs and UAPs are quite real. they're definitely things people saw and say they saw. it's almost certainly not aliens.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
unless grusch is lying or a moron, which i assume would get him beat up and thrown in prison for contempt of congress and wasting everybody's time, ufos of some kind are real

basically there's either a conspiracy to hide ufos, or there is a conspiracy to make up a conspiracy to hide ufos

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s a double secret conspiracy.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The Bananana posted:

Yes, we have credible reports and evidence of unexplained aerial phenomena happening around the world. They are all ball lightning.

Nov 6, 2002

The Bananana posted:

DIDN'T YOU WATCH THE TESTIMONY??????

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the guy seems like a true believer and does come across as maybe not the brightest when he speaks.

my guess is that some special programs did not want to cooperate with his task force because they don't trust him or congress members not to blab to adversaries. he ruffled the wrong feathers, ended up seeking whistleblower protection, and is embellishing things he heard to get attention.

his claims of being denied access to programs are probably true, the rest seems to get dumber every day with 100 year old conspiracies that involve the pope. he's either a lying/exaggerating grifter, a dumbass, or both at this point. can't really see him as an honest and capable truth seeker anymore.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

SonOfGhostDad posted:

UFOs and UAPs are quite real. they're definitely things people saw and say they saw. it's almost certainly not aliens.

Show your working.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i also don't see how US congress being involved adds any legitimacy to this whole thing since it's full of absolute old idiot morons. the only way is for this poo poo to be declassified and revealed to the public.

"but they're going to show them stuff in a SCIF" means gently caress all when they're all dumb as gently caress and could probably be fooled by play-doh stop motion effects.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

DIDN'T YOU WATCH THE TESTIMONY??????

It was kinda long, and the parts I did see seemed like the congress lady was doing a bit.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The Bananana posted:

It was kinda long, and the parts I did see seemed like the congress lady was doing a bit.

i did like the old guy clarifying it was tic tacs and not tiktok, the communist chinese app

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

MarcusSA posted:

It’s a double secret conspiracy.

this is basically the argument everyone who says grusch is either lying or incompetent is making. I don't think it's plausible that if he was a lunatic or obviously wrong it would have gotten him in front of congress.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

The Bananana posted:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

i also don't see how US congress being involved adds any legitimacy to this whole thing since it's full of absolute old idiot morons. the only way is for this poo poo to be declassified and revealed to the public.

"but they're going to show them stuff in a SCIF" means gently caress all when they're all dumb as gently caress and could probably be fooled by play-doh stop motion effects.

maybe this is true, but inspectors general i would think probably aren't like this

maybe they are and we're just dumb as gently caress across the board

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Its also laughable that people in this thread, or those linked by them say "the government admitted X today", which really means some guy said some poo poo to a room with a few congress people.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

maybe this is true, but inspectors general i would think probably aren't like this

maybe, but honestly it's idiots all the way down and up imo. and it's not just the US. there's nothing special about anyone who makes it to the high levels of government or their agencies. they're just as clueless about the majority of things as the rest of us.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

the guy seems like a true believer and does come across as maybe not the brightest when he speaks.

my guess is that some special programs did not want to cooperate with his task force because they don't trust him or congress members not to blab to adversaries. he ruffled the wrong feathers, ended up seeking whistleblower protection, and is embellishing things he heard to get attention.

his claims of being denied access to programs are probably true, the rest seems to get dumber every day with 100 year old conspiracies that involve the pope. he's either a lying/exaggerating grifter, a dumbass, or both at this point. can't really see him as an honest and capable truth seeker anymore.

If I was a guy working on reverse engineering Chinese missiles or developing stealth drones, for instance, there is absolutely no chance I would share anything with the guy. He wants unfettered access to everything so he can look for his aliens, and that's just not going to happen.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Hey guys, somebody said something to congress "under oath". Nobody has lied to congress before.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

"non human biologics were recovered with the crash"

translation: a drone hit a bird

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Show your working.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

it's fun to believe aliens are bopping by to freak out the squares, and it's fun to look for sasquatch when i'm hiking, and it's fun to look for spooky ghosts when i'm walking through a cemetery, but the overwhelming evidence suggests those things don't exist. keep the faith, brother!

Nov 6, 2002

An inspector general confirming that people are indeed stonewalling that dude's investigation doesn't mean the hearsay is the truth.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I don't care what happens in the end, so long as the existence of aliens is still kept a secret from me personally.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

maybe, but honestly it's idiots all the way down and up imo. and it's not just the US. there's nothing special about anyone who makes it to the high levels of government or their agencies. they're just as clueless about the majority of things as the rest of us.

Yeah i can buy it.

so the options are

the majority of the US government is grossly incompetent
there is a conspiracy to create the narrative that the US gov &/or corps possess UAP materials and have been dealing in an illegal hosed up way
the US gov &/or corps do possess UAP materials and have been running a conspiracy to hide the fact from other govs and most normal people

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

SonOfGhostDad posted:

it's fun to believe aliens are bopping by to freak out the squares, and it's fun to look for sasquatch when i'm hiking, and it's fun to look for spooky ghosts when i'm walking through a cemetery, but the overwhelming evidence suggests those things don't exist. keep the faith, brother!

They aren't aliens. They are meat puppets for 5D pure consciousness beings. That's why they have no dicks nor buttholes.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

Yeah i can buy it.

so the options are

there is a conspiracy to create the narrative that the US gov &/or corps possess UAP materials and have been dealing in an illegal hosed up way
the US gov &/or corps do possess UAP materials and have been running a conspiracy to hide the fact from other govs and most normal people

honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if all three are the case

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

SonOfGhostDad posted:

i still believe there's intelligent life out there somewhere. even if the chance of it developing it is incredibly insanely small, the huge numbers suggest it's pure human hubris to consider ourselves to be special enough to be the only ones.

i think it's travelling the mind bogglingly huge distances required to find anyone else that makes the universe seem so empty. sure we have theoretical ideas for interstellar travel that make us wonder why no one else is ahead of us, and has used those ideas to spread themselves throughout the universe. but all that poo poo is still theoretical until we actually get to the point where we start using it ourselves so who the gently caress knows.

also

i just wanna smoke weed with a alien one time is that too much to ask?

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
Yeah, i agree that statistically speaking, it's almost certain that intelligent life exists throughout the universe. also statistically speaking, the odds of them having visited Earth are so incredibly low that it's functionally impossible. that's why i say that, until we get to the end of whatever the hearings are going to show, anyone saying that it's aliens is saying so based purely on faith and hope. if it turns out to be aliens, then i will gladly say "dang, man, it was aliens all along! i was wrong!" and party with the rest of you weirdos because that will be fuckin rad.

edit: UAPs aren't aliens, though

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Yeah i can buy it.

so the options are

there are plenty more options than just 3, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

SonOfGhostDad posted:

Yeah, i agree that statistically speaking, it's almost certain that intelligent life exists throughout the universe. also statistically speaking, the odds of them having visited Earth are so incredibly low that it's functionally impossible. that's why i say that, until we get to the end of whatever the hearings are going to show, anyone saying that it's aliens is saying so based purely on faith and hope. if it turns out to be aliens, then i will gladly say "dang, man, it was aliens all along! i was wrong!" and party with the rest of you weirdos because that will be fuckin rad.

edit: UAPs aren't aliens, though

yeah exactly. i see a lot of the true believers being like, "you sceptics just don't want to believe the truth! it's right there in front of our some other dudes eyes!!" and i'm like no, it would be rad if it was true but you're all jumping the gun based on almost nothing right now.