Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i like frozen outskirts even more

100% serious no irony here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

the milk machine posted:

vortex race 3 tkl ftw

Hell yeah buddy!

Except I got clear switches, so I can't use it for video games because it makes my fingers hurt.

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

this is alliance-only right?

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Stupid Boxes posted:

my ultimate kept disconnecting then eventually one of the back buttons just snapped. they’re not the best made things turns out

Dunno about the disconnecting problem, but if it's like my 8bitdo, the part that snapped off the trigger is actually a cover that you can snap back on (or just play without).

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Grimey Drawer

Red Baron posted:

took a year off from Elden Ring, came back and realized I’d been beating myself stupid trying to press into the Haligtree zone before doing Mountaintops of the Giants or Farum Azula or the other Capitol, or Mogh, or most of the dragons.

also light roll rules, I don’t know why I was using medium roll for so long, I’m so fast!

the thing about Haligtree is if you can get to the midpoint bonfire where you're fighting the golden armored guys then that's a really good farming spot

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Lib and let die posted:

it's not that blighttown is difficult, it just sucks

I'd say the toxic blowdart snipers are actually difficult to deal with

imagine if they respawned

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Lostconfused posted:

Hell yeah buddy!

Except I got clear switches, so I can't use it for video games because it makes my fingers hurt.

clear switches crew :hfive:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Halser posted:

I'd say the toxic blowdart snipers are actually difficult to deal with

imagine if they respawned

didn't they used to respawn or was that a fever dream of mine?

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

double nine posted:

didn't they used to respawn or was that a fever dream of mine?

maybe it was changed in a patch, though I remember playing the game pretty much as soon as it came out

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I need to look up where the speed-leveling bird grace is. Participating in the rune economy is starting to suck. I'm actually losing 3/4ths of a level worth of runes learning these new zones 15 hours in. I need vigor. I need so much more vigor, but noooooo I wanted to 1hand the curved great sword so I pushed str/dex to 18/17 first and I NEED SO MUCH MORE VIGOR

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

dont farm in Elden Ring you drat nerds

the game vomits souls on you, just keep playing

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

souls and blood echoes don't matter at all. achieve soulslike zen with this one simple mind hack

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

stumblebum posted:

this is alliance-only right?

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

dont farm in Elden Ring you drat nerds

the game vomits souls on you, just keep playing

I've issues with ER but that's a thing I really like, bosses will give you 95% of the runes you'll ever need

if you remember to use the rune boosting items just after beating them you'll just naturally overlevel

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

i didn't do any rune grinding and i think my guy was around level 170 by the time i got to the final boss. there's just a lot of stuff in that game

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I do miss the cumm chalice dungeon.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

TOTK notes: it is frankly embarrassing how long it took me to figure out that the shrines and the lightroots are in the same places

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Cuttlefush posted:

i like frozen outskirts even more

100% serious no irony here

thats right

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

loquacius posted:

TOTK notes: it is frankly embarrassing how long it took me to figure out that the shrines and the lightroots are in the same places

apparently the game tells you this verbatum when you activate the first light root

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cuttlefush posted:

consider giving Infinite Heaven a try after you go through the game again
https://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/45

im considering it just because the game gives you so many tools you dont use during a normal playthrough

mgs5 holds up by the way, except for the fact that they apparently only had an hour in the va studio so not snake doesnt have lines at times when he obviously should

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

loquacius posted:

lmao I've had blind spots like that in games before and know the feeling well

turn off the TV posted:

apparently the game tells you this verbatum when you activate the first light root

really? I don't remember this, I thought I was a clever boy for figuring it out

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Al! posted:

im considering it just because the game gives you so many tools you dont use during a normal playthrough

mgs5 holds up by the way, except for the fact that they apparently only had an hour in the va studio so not snake doesnt have lines at times when he obviously should

yeah. it adds some really cool prebaked scenarios like the xof invading motherbase and poo poo. and wandering patrols. you can set up bases to your hearts content to then gently caress with, but that's a lot of effort.

i prefer kiefer snake to hader snake and yeah... it sucks that he has so few lines. but also it sorta works with the plot. he generally seems confused and quiet because he doesnt know what the gently caress. in my head canon. ground zeroes kiefer was way chattier.

last time I played MGS5 i got more into the fob system. dolphin diving the high tier fobs is pretty fun for a bit.

you ever play survive?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

time to unleash my hottest gaming take: survive was fun and I enjoyed it and put 200 hours into it. the co-op was grand

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

there is no such thing as bad coop imo

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

time to unleash my hottest gaming take: survive was fun and I enjoyed it and put 200 hours into it. the co-op was grand

Survive was... ok, provided that you have some friends to coop with

also dont expect it to be an MGS game and judge it on its own merits

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

BONGHITZ posted:

there is no such thing as bad coop imo

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Cuttlefush posted:

yeah. it adds some really cool prebaked scenarios like the xof invading motherbase and poo poo. and wandering patrols. you can set up bases to your hearts content to then gently caress with, but that's a lot of effort.

i prefer kiefer snake to hader snake and yeah... it sucks that he has so few lines. but also it sorta works with the plot. he generally seems confused and quiet because he doesnt know what the gently caress. in my head canon. ground zeroes kiefer was way chattier.

last time I played MGS5 i got more into the fob system. dolphin diving the high tier fobs is pretty fun for a bit.

you ever play survive?

FOBs ruled. Theyre endless random base invasions that give the best rewards in the game. Cant believe so many gamers bitched about them

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

indigi posted:

lmao I've had blind spots like that in games before and know the feeling well

really? I don't remember this, I thought I was a clever boy for figuring it out

Yeah I was wrong, it's a loading screen tip that shows up once you activate one.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Blighttown is bad because my PS3 can't run it and I'm trying to play at like .5 frames per second

great place to invade people though

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Didn't MGS5 have fob insurance so that if your based got attacked they would reimburse you what you lost but you had to pay real money for it? More games should do this imo

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Cup Runneth Over posted:

correct take. the big monster was spooky

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Didn't MGS5 have fob insurance so that if your based got attacked they would reimburse you what you lost but you had to pay real money for it? More games should do this imo

yes and it was a massive scam since there was a limit to how much can get stolen and it was very easy to replace the lost materials

the bigger bullshit with the konami bucks is that you needed those to get a second FOB and some of the later unlocks required that to get them

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
there's a bunch of checks and balances on fobbin. worst case is you tend to get about as many times as you hit others and need to recruit more dudes. also there are mods which put S+/S++ recruits throughout the game which you can fulton. normally you have to do the weekly events for fobcoin for them. but that's stupid and modders fixed it

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Regarde Aduck posted:

the thing about Haligtree is if you can get to the midpoint bonfire where you're fighting the golden armored guys then that's a really good farming spot

I just got to the one grace beyond that point, gently caress that space. The gutter down at the bottom with five royal revenants and three blighted crystal people, then RIGHT after the grace behind the ballistae and the SECOND putrid avatar there are THREE MORE of them.

Anyway I left that for now. Just fed Mogh his poo poo for a second time using comet azure and the no MP for spells thing and burned his rear end down before he could count to zero, lmao.

Gotta finish Azula now I guess, keep chipping away at the Haligtree.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i played through MGSV 3 times and never got enough FOB coins to get a second one

still salty about that

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i played through MGSV 3 times and never got enough FOB coins to get a second one

still salty about that

iirc you get enough 'free' mb coin per week to buy all the extra fobs long before you'd actually finish the real time required to research everything. it's a very stupid system, but especially because they didn't even set it up right for paypigs. it's bizarre

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Cuttlefush posted:

iirc you get enough 'free' mb coin per week to buy all the extra fobs long before you'd actually finish the real time required to research everything. it's a very stupid system, but especially because they didn't even set it up right for paypigs. it's bizarre

ya but you get a pathetic amount each week. something like 5-10 when you need like 600 for a new base

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Grimey Drawer

Red Baron posted:

I just got to the one grace beyond that point, gently caress that space. The gutter down at the bottom with five royal revenants and three blighted crystal people, then RIGHT after the grace behind the ballistae and the SECOND putrid avatar there are THREE MORE of them.

Anyway I left that for now. Just fed Mogh his poo poo for a second time using comet azure and the no MP for spells thing and burned his rear end down before he could count to zero, lmao.

Gotta finish Azula now I guess, keep chipping away at the Haligtree.

i think i was grossly overleveled when i went there and then got even more levels so i accidentally cheesed it

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

if youre ever short of souls in any souls game, dont grind, do coop instead. its a ton more fun and you will see endlessly entertaining stupid poo poo in your adventures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

ya but you get a pathetic amount each week. something like 5-10 when you need like 600 for a new base

80 per week at the very least if you log in on those days. i think you get more from the events and virtual fite stuff. i think they either upped the drip or cut fob costs at some point