Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

*Dirty Dancing voice* I carried a ham?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Beve Stuscemi posted:

*Dirty Dancing voice* I carried a ham?!?

He's a ham carrier, Jerry! He carries hams!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Meat-cute.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Wanna pork?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Philippe posted:

I love Stephen King. There's 800 pages of thrilling interpersonal drama intermingled with spooky poo poo, followed by two chapters where Steve realised the book needs to end somehow.

Don't forget a sprinkling of out of place weird and graphicly described sexual stuff.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

:mrapig:
:yosbutt:

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

My hambeast :btroll: brings all the girls to the yard :shlick:

...and they're like; "he's better than your're, drat right he's better than your" :hampants:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Ham right

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
You left a bone-in ham in my yard
And I'm like, leave it on the porch,
Just not in my azaleas.
And I'm intrigued, meet me at the park.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Kit Walker posted:

I read the book like 20 years ago, but iirc it was that the influence of IT was essentially causing them to lose their way and sort of drift apart both literally and metaphorically, and her idea was for them to strengthen their bonds by essentially having a tween gangbang. It's like King wanted there to be more tension during the escape and came up with both the most deranged problem and solution he could come up with

The intent seems pretty clear, they enter the sewers as children and leave as young adults, they can't escape the sewers until they have done something that marks a clear severance from childhood. The awakening of sexuality is pretty universal shorthand for this.

This could have been handled much less grossly by having Bev, y'know, kiss each of them, but King was on a lot of coke at the time, so restraint and tastefulness were distant mirages.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I will NEVER jeopardize the beans box of cables!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

I have a giant drawer of cables dating back 20 years now, and recently I just needed a goddamn motherfucking micro usb cable and despite having collected a thousand of these loving things over the years, after spending an hour in The Drawer I still came up empty! gently caress these cables

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

credburn posted:

I have a giant drawer of cables dating back 20 years now, and recently I just needed a goddamn motherfucking micro usb cable and despite having collected a thousand of these loving things over the years, after spending an hour in The Drawer I still came up empty! gently caress these cables

Get good velcro ties, separately label each end of every cable. It feels super nice once you have it done.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I had a Sony tape deck adapter cable. You know, the one that's a 2.5mm stereo jack on one end and a cassette tape on the other that you put into your car's tape deck so you can play CDs from your discman? I had that for close to 30 years sitting in my cable bin. Then my son turned 16 and bought a used Camry that only came with a tape deck radio. The feeling of handing it over to him was indescribable.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

We did this in our last apartment. Two days later we started a D&D campaign and busted out the omnidirectional conference mic and webcam....only to discover the AC adapter for it was one of the ones we threw out thinking it didn't go to anything.

The hoarders were right all along.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

credburn posted:

Let this be a lesson to you all. Always keep at least one of those obsolete cables when you clean up the stash. Sure you might have no VGA capable equipment now but who knows what the future may bring.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

I will NEVER jeopardize the beans box of cables!

Seriously, I'll pass my parallel port cable down in my will.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Honestly the worst are all the USB-C ones that can carry different amounts of power but aren’t labeled to that effect anywhere. How fast is my laptop going to charge? :iiam:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Subjunctive posted:

Honestly the worst are all the USB-C ones that can carry different amounts of power but aren’t labeled to that effect anywhere. How fast is my laptop going to charge? :iiam:
this is why I am super paranoid about using the Official Nintendo Switch™ Charger that came with my switch

there was like one unsubstantiated report of a fly-by-night dropshipped charger catching fire and also nothing else is nearly as fast

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Love having the one usb c to usb c cable with the Nintendo branding mixed in with all the others because no device communicates properly with my pc over it

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I still have one or two SCSI cables

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

A good scrub with a dishwashing brush in dilute vinegar will get the scuz off.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Inceltown posted:

Let this be a lesson to you all. Always keep at least one of those obsolete cables when you clean up the stash. Sure you might have no VGA capable equipment now but who knows what the future may bring.

Okay, right, but what if -- I'm not saying now -- but like in the future -- maybe never but -- I might have a rekindled interest in retro-PC stuff and, gosh, I'll be kicking myself then, because I'll look back at this very moment and I'll say, I goddamn knew this would happen so I'd better... never ever... ever let them go...

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Taken right this loving minute in the drive through for a KFC

Murrica. :patriot:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Well, what beverage did you get by the 1/2 gallon?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Do KFC sell rum n' cokes?

I mean what goes better with a chicken burger than 1/2 a gallon of rum n' coke.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I paid $25 for one 25 years ago. Under no circumstance at all will get rid of it because I have not gotten my money's worth out of it yet.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Android Apocalypse posted:

Well, what beverage did you get by the 1/2 gallon?

Gravy

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Can you drink mashed potatoes?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

Can you drink mashed potatoes?

pretty sure i've seen steve1989mreinfo do that once or twice

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Philippe posted:

I think that Trucks could be made into a great little thriller. Yes, Maximum Overdrive and all that, but if you read the story devoid of that context there's a lot there. King was a master at character work even fifty years ago.

when he was the ghost writer for the cocaine elemental that was within him?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

John Lee posted:

You know, I always felt like Stephen King was rad, and what I felt resonated most was the panicky internal monologue of people undergoing immense stress - the unrelated intrusive thoughts, the repetitive phrases or songs, the building up of anxiety to a strong crescendo. I know other people are not into that at all, but I like it a lot.

Anyways, I also have the autism and starting reading at a young age, so ???

Yes he's a really good author and also he's amazing at coming up with so many ghosts and aliens and other things to just say ADDICTION. IM TALKING ABOUT ADDICTION. THIS NOVEL MAY BE ABOUT SOME INSANE poo poo BUT ITS ACTUALLY ABOUT ADDICTION AND FATHER ISSUES

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
He's so good at that

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

Taken right this loving minute in the drive through for a KFC

Murrica. :patriot:

Modal Auxiliary has a new favorite as of 03:20 on Jul 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009