Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Well written text, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I figured that priggy picture was in St Peters

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I figured priggy would be dead by now

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lammasu posted:

So, do they import maids in Africa? God, I hope that isn't racist.

There's an African summit ongoing in Russia

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
And not many turned up lol

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

steinrokkan posted:

There's an African summit ongoing in Russia

me bad.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Aramis posted:

To be mildly fair, the FIE does not mess around when it comes to sportsmanship offenses in general, and the ref should have given her at least a red card for this. Decorum breakdowns during fencing tournaments do not lead to a pretty place.

Also: LMAO, of course this happened on a saber bout. Good on the Ukrainian though, and she'll get to wear that disqualification like a badge of honour.

FIE also became the first Olympic governing body to officially reinstate Russian and Belarusian athletes and officials, in time for the start of the qualification for the 2024 Summer Olympics.

Not sus/corrupt at all

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/0yJaZ6V.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/hPpiksa.mp4

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Dwesa posted:

FIE also became the first Olympic governing body to officially reinstate Russian and Belarusian athletes and officials, in time for the start of the qualification for the 2024 Summer Olympics.

Not sus/corrupt at all

Oh absolutely corrupt. 100%. Just pointing out that this specific disqualification does not necessarily come across as transparently corrupt as it might appear to be for people who are not familiar with the sport.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 27, 2023

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

:drat: right in the feels.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1684503319945904129?s=20

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Always wonder if in the case of war I'd be stuck at the front with a rifle taking a bullet for my country or if the fact that I'm in PR would have me just sit in an office writing propaganda which is what I do for a living to begin with.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Checks out. It's stronger than the second strongest army in the world, ergo, it must be the strongest. :hmmyes:

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

Love the cute miniature horses, are they edible ?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

This is a common theme in Ukrainian government PR. It's a good message. For example, see the military recruitment ad below from 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOCbW1hc6Ng

The programmer even has an accurate neckbeard.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

"Would you like one or two shots with that?"

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
This is absolutely the only time I have seen this used correctly, congratulations, I re-read it four times and only grew more astounded

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I can't find it offhand but someone please find and post the pre-2014 recruitment ad video for the Ukrainian Army that portrays being a soldier as the easiest way to get laid so join up today and then compare it to the recruitment videos we're seeing now

It's a super stark contrast and shows how much Ukraine has changed as a country and people because of what started in Crimea

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Rumblings of another Ukraine advance down south

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/reshetz/status/1684621613298282496#m

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

*strangest

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
To be fair it's most useful as a table if you don't have the mobile console thing that makes it work.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

"In civilian life I was Hitler's Ultranazi"

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

HonorableTB posted:

I can't find it offhand but someone please find and post the pre-2014 recruitment ad video for the Ukrainian Army that portrays being a soldier as the easiest way to get laid so join up today and then compare it to the recruitment videos we're seeing now

It's a super stark contrast and shows how much Ukraine has changed as a country and people because of what started in Crimea

More innocent days :(.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJKFNPGS_XM

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Tai posted:

Rumblings of another Ukraine advance down south

On *extremely* shaky evidence I have a feeling Russia is ready for a withdrawal everywhere except Crimea in September and what's happening now is a game of "who can get there first".

Not exactly going to bet my morgage on this and all kinds of poo poo can happen but I think this is what the plan is right now.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I am not the living embodiment of war but if Russia withdrew everywhere but Crimea that would enable Ukraine to focus all its firepower on its super tsar destroyer instead so why would that work? Granted, why would anything work at this point

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Dr. Quarex posted:

I am not the living embodiment of war but if Russia withdrew everywhere but Crimea that would enable Ukraine to focus all its firepower on its super tsar destroyer instead so why would that work? Granted, why would anything work at this point

Ukraine War : super tsar destroyer

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Dr. Quarex posted:

They would make a peace deal and when the US would agree to it Ukraine coulnd't exactly complain.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Oldsmobile posted:

On *extremely* shaky evidence I have a feeling Russia is ready for a withdrawal everywhere except Crimea in September and what's happening now is a game of "who can get there first".

Not exactly going to bet my morgage on this and all kinds of poo poo can happen but I think this is what the plan is right now.

Ukraine has spent the last two months hitting any concentration of more than a dozen Russian soldiers (unless UKR troops are in contact, obv.) or three crates of supplies throughout the occupied territories. Supplies are super distributed which, when combined with the Russians continuing the proud tradition of "use what you're sent, we decide what that is", means that there's nothing to rapidly resupply heavy contact areas like Klishiivka-Avdiivka.

Where the UKR campaign slows down is direct action, largely because there's no way to do the big flanking maneuvers that exemplified the 2022 counter-offensives in Kharkiv and Kherson oblasts. The Russian static defensive lines are also pretty decent as far as layout goes from what I've seen.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

ded posted:

mods do the needful

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
also gonna take a victory lap and say i called the counteroffensive objectives in april to uphold my armchair generaling credentials :smuggo:

HonorableTB posted:

For the counteroffensive I predict an axis of advance towards Melitopol and then on to Mariupol, with the aim to sever the land bridge to Crimea

https://twitter.com/front_ukrainian/status/1684501236509294594?s=20

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Dr. Quarex posted:

You mean that the enemy forces have all concentrated in one area?

Then :byetankie: :byetankie: :byetankie: ensues. :getin:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/front_ukrainian/status/1684643816781889536
:dumb:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

I can at least explain the French maid with the Apple Watch. I was the computer toucher for a company and our secretary told me to get her one, so I was like "no one in the company has an Apple Watch, why would I issue you that?" and she's like "because these loving dresses they have me wear don't have any pockets and I need to track when meetings end while I'm running around the office cleaning up after executives!" and I'm like hmm, that's hosed up and actually makes sense lol

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
i dont like that every time i see a picture of prigozhin i now think about his abnormally small dick filled with ball bearings

unleashing that on us was a posting crime and you will be indicted shortly

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:byetankie: except it’s bye helicopty!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/beverley_kyle/status/1684645899304108032?s=20

Kennedy
Aug 1, 2006

hard to breathe?

That was like watching an old person falling over, it took forever and the outcome was entirely inevitable

naem
May 29, 2011

ded posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Zero VGS posted:

I can at least explain the French maid with the Apple Watch. I was the computer toucher for a company and our secretary told me to get her one, so I was like "no one in the company has an Apple Watch, why would I issue you that?" and she's like "because these loving dresses they have me wear don't have any pockets and I need to track when meetings end while I'm running around the office cleaning up after executives!" and I'm like hmm, that's hosed up and actually makes sense lol
Some of the earliest adopters of the Apple Watch were service people like cashiers and bartenders - because their jobs wouldn't allow them to fish out their phones and check them every time they buzzed.