Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Xtraordinary!!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the worst part is the hypocrisy

I'm pretty sure the child abuse is the worst part.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MockingQuantum posted:

honestly it's not the burning himself on the toaster that makes me lol (though it's funny that he's so loving dumb) it's the loudly swearing about it in public, it just so clearly reminds me of the rich kid I went to grade school with, who had never once been told any particular type of behavior was unacceptable in public places so instead he got to find out from our 3rd grade teacher that it's not nice to tell people they look fat today, or similar things, over and over for the school year

difference here is that he was, what, 9 years old, not a supposedly functional adult human

When I was around that age I told my aunt she looked like a mummy... on her birthday party.

My aunt doesn't like me very much. (maybe because I ain't rich? :iiam:)

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

ESPN was on in the workout room.
check out the source lol

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Media need to simply continue to refer to it as Twitter as if nothing happened.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

some kinda jackal posted:

they will lol

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

some kinda jackal posted:

this just because it would make him mad

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

style editors everywhere are cringing trying to come up with rules for new twitter. "do we use a regular X or the unicode? do we put "formally known as Twitter" in parentheses or question marks?"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

trucutru posted:

When I was around that age I told my aunt she looked like a mummy... on her birthday party.

My aunt doesn't like me very much. (maybe because I ain't rich? :iiam:)

haha its funny how a statement like that can seem so innocuous to a child and yet a grown adult can hold it inside for decades and let it dictate their opinion of the child as an adult.

wild that your aunt is still with us, though, rock on. maybe she is undead after all.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

haha its funny how a statement like that can seem so innocuous to a child and yet a grown adult can hold it inside for decades and let it dictate their opinion of the child as an adult.

wild that your aunt is still with us, though, rock on. maybe she is undead after all.

When you think of it, decades of misplaced spite is kind of like a mummy's curse

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
weirdest thing about the dom lucre guy is that he assuredly is not doing anything remotely journalistic, since his whole thing is vulgar engagement bait, often with AI-generated images and photoshops passed off as real, and now evidently CP

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1684606359151759365

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1528955104463814656

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Game on

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Phil’s right.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

the Walrus has spoken

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

it just occurred to me how truly sinister his ambition really is with the x the everything app stuff. he wants there to be a monolithic software entity that is both the marketplace of ideas, the primary way people communicate and socialize with one another, as well as a platform for any other aspect of our lives that can be digitized. and he wants to be in control of it. X is his evil master plan to rule the world. and whats crazy is that based on the way he's talked to people one-on-one, I think he's stupid and dorky enough that he might actually articulate it that way to himself. he had grimes convinced that he was a legit tech messiah.

and maybe that's the desire that fueled his acquisition of twitter in the first place. he was the richest man in the world, but because of the relatively niche category of his businesses, he didn't have direct control over very many people's lives. sure he could influence the government with his money and his contract work, but he wasnt able to like, pick any random American who pissed him off and ruin his life with the push of a button. he had to hire people to do that and apparently they didnt do a very good job at it. meanwhile zuck's melted the brains of an entire generation of people and bezos owns "the store" so maybe musk feels a little insecure compared to them with his little toy car factory.

I'm pretty sure every company dreams of owning and vertically integrating everything since why should someone else monetize it?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I have never turned down sex for video games. Am I a bad goon?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Troutful
May 31, 2011

when the student is ready, the master will appear.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

when he's right he's right

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

free RealityLoser

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

free 16-bit Butt-Head

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Filthy Hans posted:

free 16-bit Butt-Head

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
this thread will fly off the rails without 16bb's guidanc e and wisdom

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Elon Musk is dumb

shoom
Dec 29, 2004

quote:

The office atmosphere at times resembled that of a telemarketing boiler room. A supervisor had purchased the metallophone – a xylophone with metal keys – that employees struck to celebrate appointment cancellations, according to the people familiar with the office’s operations.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Trillhouse posted:

ESPN was on in the workout room.
check out the source lol

Did anybody ever get used to calling the place where the Lakers played, the bitcoin name.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Tesla employees celebrated cancellations by paddling each other on the bare buttocks while chanting 'Wee-a-boo! Wee-a-boo!'

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

the milk machine posted:

this thread will fly off the rails without 16bb's guidanc e and wisdom

it already has

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

I have never turned down sex for video games. Am I a bad goon?

it doesn't count when you're never asked in the first place

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Durf posted:

Tesla employees celebrated cancellations by paddling each other on the bare buttocks while chanting 'Wee-a-boo! Wee-a-boo!'

tesla model y padel

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Durf posted:

I would simply not take the appointments in the first place and save a poo poo ton of time.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
a room full of idiots whoops wildly and slaps a xylophone. meanwhile on a deserted two lane road in the middle of nowhere, another idiot with a very terrible expensive car that no longer works is watching the sun set and wonder how cold it gets this time of year. In the distance, wolves.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

𝕏ylophone

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

wild that you can have a company’s support accountability rival a beta Google software service and people gladly will still dump money at it

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Filthy Hans posted:

it already has

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

shyduck posted:

𝕏ylophone

epic

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003