Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

I found Peglin to get very repetitive with its stages and boards but I think I wanted it to be more Peggle or Pinball-like than it actually is. If you're alright with the boards themselves being basically the same and not growing in complexity like a Peggle game, its still fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I tried it and it's fun although like Peggle there's a lot of "Jesus take the wheel" when it comes to balls. It's all about what balls you take and the item build more than any real semblance of skill, so it's a turn based RPG roguelike more than anything else. I just wish it was more clear how far enemies could move in one turn.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jul 25, 2023

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
You could try Roundguard for some more but different peggle rogue like action.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

Kris xK posted:

You could try Roundguard for some more but different peggle rogue like action.

I'd second Roundguard as a better "peggle-like." Particularly because of graphics and design -- Roundguard is very vivid and sharp, lots of cartoon sound effects and etc.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Compared to a mammoth like Slay the Spire, it felt like Peglin was still pretty heavily lacking in content the last time I played it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I really wanted to like Peglin but yeah I didn't find it that engaging. I also think the Android port is pretty poorly done because the fonts and buttons are all really the same size so it's not the best mobile game.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I tried the peglin demo and it felt like it was impossible to not fat finger everything on phone. Maybe it plays better in tablet? I like it okay on PC but it also feels a bit light, it's early access still so we'll see how much gets added.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
i really enjoy peglin, the port's not brilliant but it gets the job done. i dont care for roundguard as much, it feels bulky to me, if that makes sense.

whoever mentioned merge mayor, thank you. i love dumb merge games and it's very polite as far as monetization goes

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Does luck be a landlord have achievements somewhere in the game? I'm on floor 5 and just assumed it would unlock later like stats. I checked Google play games and it does have achievements there but none of them are unlocked. I've unlocked a bunch of em in game and I wanted to see which ones but alas

Silius
Apr 24, 2010

Resdfru posted:

Does luck be a landlord have achievements somewhere in the game? I'm on floor 5 and just assumed it would unlock later like stats. I checked Google play games and it does have achievements there but none of them are unlocked. I've unlocked a bunch of em in game and I wanted to see which ones but alas

The option to view is coming! They weren't able to have an option to view them implemented at launch. And for the Google play achievements he forgot to enable them for the back end also that is coming as well.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Anything really must play on Google Game Pass? I just redeemed my free three months and I'm at a loss as to what to look for because the store is awful

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

neongrey posted:

i really enjoy peglin, the port's not brilliant but it gets the job done. i dont care for roundguard as much, it feels bulky to me, if that makes sense.

whoever mentioned merge mayor, thank you. i love dumb merge games and it's very polite as far as monetization goes

Yeah I gave Roundguard a try too and I like Peglin more. Its more random but at the same time when you get lucky and line something up that results in your ball going all over and racking up massive hits it's a great feeling whereas in Roundguard it often just leaves you mostly dead.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Silius posted:

The option to view is coming! They weren't able to have an option to view them implemented at launch. And for the Google play achievements he forgot to enable them for the back end also that is coming as well.

Ah thanks, where can I read updates and stuff? On their site or Twitter or something?

Go RV! posted:

Anything really must play on Google Game Pass? I just redeemed my free three months and I'm at a loss as to what to look for because the store is awful

For me it's been the Layton games which I never played on DS. I'm sure there's other stuff but like you said finding stuff is difficult

There are loads of kairosoft games and I thought I'd like them since I played game dev story to death a decade ago but the ones I tried seem to be trying to do too much stuff. I don't want to put down buildings and manage 50 different things I just wanna pick thing a and thing b and give them a goofy name and see if it does good

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Monkeys v bloons is the loving poo poo.

I have had to put a time limit on it.

I got it via netflix which means this is guilt free guilt.

Silius
Apr 24, 2010

Resdfru posted:

Ah thanks, where can I read updates and stuff? On their site or Twitter or something?

Of course 😀. Over on their discord in the announcements section. https://trampolinetales.com/discord

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Silius posted:

Of course 😀. Over on their discord in the announcements section. https://trampolinetales.com/discord

Meh discord. Thanks though!

I've got this runaway run on luck be a landlord. I think eventually rent would get too expensive but I don't think I want to play to that point. I have a bunch of different multipliers on the cat and every 2 spins the telescope activates which makes everything activate on everything else. So every 2 spins I make 1 to 2 million.

Resdfru fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 28, 2023

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

MikeRabsitch posted:

I'm afraid to look up when Merge Mayor was talked about here because I STILL play it near daily and it's one of the only minimal bullshit games I've latched onto.

A few weeks late, but I also still play this. I actually went back this week after quitting on Marvel Snap. It has such chill vibes, is super generous with rewards, and I take breaks and when I come back there's a ton of new stuff. Really thankful to whomever recommended it in this thread.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Resdfru posted:

For me it's been the Layton games which I never played on DS. I'm sure there's other stuff but like you said finding stuff is difficult

Thank you for this, Layton has been on my list for forever, but I never had a ds.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Resdfru posted:

Meh discord. Thanks though!

I've got this runaway run on luck be a landlord. I think eventually rent would get too expensive but I don't think I want to play to that point. I have a bunch of different multipliers on the cat and every 2 spins the telescope activates which makes everything activate on everything else. So every 2 spins I make 1 to 2 million.

Update. I guess it can get even crazier. I half want to keep this going to see how many multipliers I can get and if there is a limit somewhere. But half want to take a bunch of midas bombs and end it cause it's so boring

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Resdfru posted:

Update. I guess it can get even crazier. I half want to keep this going to see how many multipliers I can get and if there is a limit somewhere. But half want to take a bunch of midas bombs and end it cause it's so boring

keep going until you get guillotine essence, that's the end game. I think (not 100% on this) you can't get duplicate essences so if you get something else, disable it so guillotine has a higher chance to drop next time.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Nighthand posted:

Luck be a Landlord is fun, as was doing this to it

https://twitter.com/Nighthand/status/1418314076963446785?t=wmHB07xWbMESRXsW10pJLA&s=19

Pretty sure it's had numerous major patches since but you can always do wacky things with the right build.

You could at least in the past end up where it's impossible for the rent scaling to catch up, but I don't think you can do this anymore... Still fun screenshots though.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

notaspy posted:

Hello thread, is there a tower defense game that you could recommend. Not bothered about having to pay for it but I don't want a million in app purchases.

In addition to Bloons mentioned, also check out the Kingdom Rush games, I really enjoyed those.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Nighthand posted:

You could at least in the past end up where it's impossible for the rent scaling to catch up, but I don't think you can do this anymore... Still fun screenshots though.

I think it's still impossible for rent scaling to catch up unless it ramps up exponentially at some point. How long did it take you to get to that point? Was it just crazy lucky combos? I think I've been doing this for a day and I'm about to take the the self guillotine cause it's boring but I have a compulsion to see the number go as big as possible. Even when I get my essence cat multipliers it just brings me up a little bit. I'm at 14 quadrillion now, can't see what my cat multiplier is at anymore

Edit: wait I just looked at your tweet. Your rent was 57k and mine is 65k so you got those crazy numbers way quicker

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

Trampus posted:

In addition to Bloons mentioned, also check out the Kingdom Rush games, I really enjoyed those.

Seconding this, I've also gotten a good bit of mileage out of dungeon warfare ii and infinitode.

e: wow that didn't take long at all lol. they must have whole teams just dedicated to ripping off new mobile games

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

GetDunked posted:

Seconding this, I've also gotten a good bit of mileage out of dungeon warfare ii and infinitode.

e: wow that didn't take long at all lol. they must have whole teams just dedicated to ripping off new mobile games

Yes, there are teams dedicated to aping whatever is hot. I haven't worked on them, but I hear they're pretty rough. Really short timelines, small dev teams. Just churn out as much as possible and reskin things a lot and see what gets metrics.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

GetDunked posted:

I mean, in fairness, that one has reviews dating back to 2021? And I remember having a far more primitive spin-slots-to-complete-quests on my iPod ten years ago.

Which isn't to say that Landlord ripped off either of _those_, either. Sometimes the trick is to simply revisit a genre in a new and creative way.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

One has definitely ripped off the other. Looking at the item descriptions suggests as much.

Tsietisin fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 30, 2023

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

delfin posted:

I mean, in fairness, that one has reviews dating back to 2021? And I remember having a far more primitive spin-slots-to-complete-quests on my iPod ten years ago.

Which isn't to say that Landlord ripped off either of _those_, either. Sometimes the trick is to simply revisit a genre in a new and creative way.

LBAL has reviews on steam as far back as Jan 2021, so you get one guess which one is ripping off the other

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I feel like LBAL trolls the poo poo out of me sometimes. Oh you got a Thief? No bounty hunters ever. Ores? No Miners for you? A cow? No more cats for all that milk!

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

New Leaf posted:

I feel like LBAL trolls the poo poo out of me sometimes. Oh you got a Thief? No bounty hunters ever. Ores? No Miners for you? A cow? No more cats for all that milk!

Oh good, its not just me. My personal favourite is getting the guillotine and then no billionaires again.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Resdfru posted:

I think it's still impossible for rent scaling to catch up unless it ramps up exponentially at some point. How long did it take you to get to that point? Was it just crazy lucky combos? I think I've been doing this for a day and I'm about to take the the self guillotine cause it's boring but I have a compulsion to see the number go as big as possible. Even when I get my essence cat multipliers it just brings me up a little bit. I'm at 14 quadrillion now, can't see what my cat multiplier is at anymore

Edit: wait I just looked at your tweet. Your rent was 57k and mine is 65k so you got those crazy numbers way quicker

It was luck getting the perfect setup of exponential cats, and then carefully avoiding things that would break it. IIRC (this was a while ago) I stopped because the game started to crash.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Yea I just realized that my miner geologist was no longer a good catalyst for cat/witch/arrow number explosion. Now I'm buffing the bounty hunter and the thief. A single thief on a telescope spin can double my gold and I'm at I don't even know what number I'm at now.

This is the game for me now. At first it was boring but now I'm having fun trying to make number big

Resdfru fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jul 30, 2023

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Xtanstic posted:

A few weeks late, but I also still play this. I actually went back this week after quitting on Marvel Snap. It has such chill vibes, is super generous with rewards, and I take breaks and when I come back there's a ton of new stuff. Really thankful to whomever recommended it in this thread.

It was me. :shobon: I really appreciate people coming back to say you still play it and enjoy it. It's so chill and I watched their first anniversary stream or something back in the day and the devs seemed chill too.

I stopped playing because I had literally done everything at one point but now I'm wondering if I should reinstall. Sounds like they're still updating with interesting content.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Lone Goat posted:

LBAL has reviews on steam as far back as Jan 2021, so you get one guess which one is ripping off the other

Ah. I had no idea Landlord had a pre-mobile presence.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah there were a lot of clones of it on mobile. I tried some and they played the same but I was really wanting the original experience.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
I've nailed the obviously good farmers+pears combo, with a side of hives and bears to kickstart the slow ramp up. Now I deleted the bears and it's just farmers, pears and chefs and points in the millions.
Nothing gamebreaking like some other examples here, but I hoped the rent would catch up. Should I just restart?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
LBAL chat:
I really thought I did well with my Flower/Sun's bullshit where I had the flowers 5x value by themselves and the "Sun always adjecent" essence but it's nothing compared to you maniacs.

Merge Mayor chat:
I started playing this due to the thread recommendation, and I am enjoying it. Very chill and generous.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Tafferling posted:

I've nailed the obviously good farmers+pears combo, with a side of hives and bears to kickstart the slow ramp up. Now I deleted the bears and it's just farmers, pears and chefs and points in the millions.
Nothing gamebreaking like some other examples here, but I hoped the rent would catch up. Should I just restart?

I don't think there's any point or goal past paying your rent and beating the floor you're on. I'm up to rent payment 200 and an octillion gold and at this point the game seems to be finding ways to make the number go higher faster.

I've seen an essence item called guillotine which will let you kill yourself if you have over a billion gold. There's probably an achievement for that.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Resdfru posted:

I've seen an essence item called guillotine which will let you kill yourself if you have over a billion gold. There's probably an achievement for that.

On steam, there's 9 achievements for it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Wanted to share a game I found and shared in the clicker thread but wanted to bring here.

Tingus goose!

It is a clicker game, however the art direction is pretty cool. It also has a merge component which makes it a pretty neat puzzle as well. Here is me hitting a quad merge!

And here is a trailer

https://youtu.be/DF06x-hFFUM

Link: https://g.co/kgs/6uKvo7