Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also I've definitely seen this exact stock footage of this racially ambiguous family using phones 50 times by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SpacePig posted:

How likely is it that they were trying to develop something for automating dispensing perceptions, and then couldn't implement it, so are trying to make any amount of money by selling to consumers? Because I can't think of a reason why this would be developed on purpose.

I can see it being developed on purpose. I know exactly the CEO brained sales guys who obsess with dumb gimmicks like this and the 'IP' related to them, way more than if the product provides function over traditional models.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The stupid robotic one at least makes some sense cuz you can set it up so your alzheimer's grandma only has to (and can only) press a single button to get exactly the pills to take each day, and it snitches on them to you if they don't. The actual design of it though is incredibly funny to me.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

SpacePig posted:

lol the article basically says that work is still getting done, because they'll do another hour of work from home, but it's bad for managers because it's difficult to schedule meetings. Who schedules meetings between 4 and 6? Go to hell.

Really fun how the pandemic exposed how worthless work is and that it's really just about control of people's lives.

I was told yesterday I now have a weekly meeting with my whole team on Friday afternoons at 1. I asked what the meeting was about and I was told "we're figuring it out"

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

SpacePig posted:

lol the article basically says that work is still getting done, because they'll do another hour of work from home, but it's bad for managers because it's difficult to schedule meetings. Who schedules meetings between 4 and 6? Go to hell.

Really fun how the pandemic exposed how worthless work is and that it's really just about control of people's lives.

You can't organize resistance or even cook yourself dinner if you're stuck in the car 2 hours a day every day on top of work.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1684629442910408705

Shut down the U.S., it's over.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ahahahaha loving hell. Literally heard my brain crackping reading that.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

lol goddamn that’s dark

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

The books don't even need to be removed. They can use them to club the kids over the head in these new and much needed discipline centers. Once again Capitalism proves itself to be the most efficient system to allocate and use resources.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Use old books to beat children without leaving bruises!

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Milo and POTUS posted:

It looks futuristic. Don't you want to live in the future

It looks like it's made out of that beige plastic that yellows. It's intentionally designed to become a weird old people thing in grandma's bathroom between the water pick and large tub of Vaseline

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

How is Woonsocket a real place name

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a:

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Whooping Crabs posted:

How is Woonsocket a real place name

Most places in the US with a weird name are usually "white people pronouncing a native word wrong"

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Dog Case posted:

It looks like it's made out of that beige plastic that yellows. It's intentionally designed to become a weird old people thing in grandma's bathroom between the water pick and large tub of Vaseline

hey now water picks are for the hip and youthful

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goddamn

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Dog Case posted:

Most places in the US with a weird name are usually "white people pronouncing a native word wrong"

That’s unfair. There’s also plenty of English speakers pronouncing a Romance or Slavic language word wrong places

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Actually, Americans pronounce everything wrong.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

prescriptivisim is anti-revolutionary comrades.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If the USA has taught us anything, it's that revolution is bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Actually, Americans pronounce everything wrong.

East Palestine lol

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Dystopian as hell. But it does gloss over that this is immediately after the state made a dubiously legal assertion of financial problems by the school district and seized it.

Jul 28, 2023
it's a day late and dollar short. everyone has moved or is in the process of moving to california

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If the USA has taught us anything, it's that revolution is bad.

the problem is lack of permanent revolution

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

ArmZ posted:

You didn't stall in picking this one to trot out huh

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

In Training posted:

East Palestine lol

wait, what? how is that pronounced?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Shut down the U.S., it's over.

Holy hell, I didn't realise there was a Texas in China as well. Or is this a Russian or Iranian province?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

steen

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Mangostine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

Pail.steen.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ArmZ posted:

Twirling for freedom, eh?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Loving the knock-off NATO logo for a school district

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Subjunctive posted:

not like the author of goosebumps

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

philistine, Palestine, Palestine, philistine, let's call the whole thing off

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Antonymous posted:

philistine, Palestine, Palestine, philistine, let's call the whole thing off

I hear some very nice people came up with a final solution to this problem

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

In Training posted:

Pail.steen.

well I’ll be

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Not as bad as Schuylkill imo

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Every little possible moment of joy or fun must be monetized, no matter how minuscule

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Every little possible moment of joy or fun must be monetized, no matter how minuscule

Jesus loving Christ. It's like they have just forgotten that children exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Wait, did you actually get that at a restaurant? I'm pretty sure those are novelty versions of the printing your company's name on a pen and handing it out to clients. So like you'd have a bowl of those at your booth at the electronics expo, or adult entertainment convention.

Not sure which is funnier a restaurant saving a couple of cents by subsidizing their fortune cookies with ads, or buying discount unused novelty cookies.