Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

Today's morning break is brought to you by Bavarian pumpernickel and blackberry preserves

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Ominous Jazz posted:

Oh cool my coworker decided that whoever won the billion dollar powerball is a junkie who is just going to overdose anyways because it was bought in "skid row". Like the band. She then pivoted to how narcan shouldn't be used because they often want to die but that insulin should be free "but not like Canada".

:chloe:

Ass-penny

Ominous Jazz posted:

If all goes well I will be getting a new job today and then be STUCK at HOME working remote for more money

I wish you luck with this, orb! sending you good vibes :wom:

also thanks for trying to explain that to me, but Penny Arcade and CAD are the only two things you mentioned that I'm at all familiar with. gaming webcomic clone, got it.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
heh 'yobbin hard or hardly 'yobbin :clint:

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

rear end-penny posted:

I wish you luck with this, orb! sending you good vibes :wom:

also thanks for trying to explain that to me, but Penny Arcade and CAD are the only two things you mentioned that I'm at all familiar with. gaming webcomic clone, got it.

It's intentionally lovely and busted they also sold fridge magnets and I got them for my first apartment ten years ago but my roommate stole them and now he's a father

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
eyyyyy im awake
now for this day to hurry up and be over
fuckajobbbb

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Escape From Noise

JFC yesterday was so hot in the brewery I felt awful. Today I asked about getting a fan to improve airflow. The restaurant manager then asked me if the circulation fan should be left on. I was like "Of course. Always. That's why I always have them turned on!"

Turns out he was turning them off and on yesterday because "it brings in outside air and the outside air was hot." :cripes:

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Ass-penny

Escape From Noise posted:

JFC yesterday was so hot in the brewery I felt awful. Today I asked about getting a fan to improve airflow. The restaurant manager then asked me if the circulation fan should be left on. I was like "Of course. Always. That's why I always have them turned on!"

Turns out he was turning them off and on yesterday because "it brings in outside air and the outside air was hot." :cripes:

lol and furthermore lmao

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

lol and furthermore lmao
I am not even kind of kidding when I say that he is, hands down, one of the absolutely dumbest people that I've ever met in my entire life.

Escape From Noise

If I thought turning the fans off was a good idea I'd so that myself! There's a loving reason that one of the first goddamn things I do every morning is turn the loving things on!

Ass-penny

at my job we are starting to gently caress with some real molds instead of just pouring a silicone sleeve and cutting the positive out

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

at my job we are starting to gently caress with some real molds instead of just pouring a silicone sleeve and cutting the positive out

These molds are interesting. But even more interesting is that I put in my dossier that you work at a pizza parlor, and rather than update my dossier, I'm struggling to find a story where you would need to cast lots of hands and arms at a pizza parlor.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
rear end-penny gets a new job every 3 weeks. it's hard 2 keep up :shrug:

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
We have to use the office bathroom and not the shop bathroom because someone had a poop disaster

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
My tummy kind of aches and I hate it when jobs say they'll get back to you on Monday and then don't but still are letting you know that they will

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Ominous Jazz posted:

We have to use the office bathroom and not the shop bathroom because someone had a poop disaster

the toilets at the maintenance shop where I work exhaust into like, this, wood chipper but for poop and stuff, and then out to the street.

but anyway this poop shredder gets jammed (?!) all the time and so there's now a box outside the shop with a light and siren mounted to it and everyone knows when the poop siren goes off and the poop crew comes to perform their sad task

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
I am currently at work. I am not at home snuggling with my cute, fuzz black cat. Hmph!

Ass-penny

Areola Grande posted:

rear end-penny gets a new job every 3 weeks. it's hard 2 keep up :shrug:

sorry to disappoint but I worked at the pizza place for 3.5 years and this prop shop for 6 months already

cruft

You spelled "pizza parlor" wrong.

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

You spelled "pizza parlor" wrong.

no one says parlor. shop or place were what I leaned to.

also please stop taking notes about me lol I don't think you're malicious or anything but I'm also not like, one of your employees or relatives or something, I'm an internet stranger.

Escape From Noise

Hitting the pizza parlour on my way to see a talkie at the multiplex.

Escape From Noise

This loving tank won't cool down. It held it's temp at two for a few days, but once I tried crashing it all the way it started climbing up to 4! WTF? The other tank is cooling down just fine. It's probably too close to the boiler release. The loving layout of this place...

Escape From Noise

Lol. I came in this morning and the circulation fans were on. Definitely better than having them turned off on me but...is this really that hard to understand?

Escape From Noise

Brew day was hot today, but not as bad as Tuesday. Outside temperature and humidity was about the same so this basically confirms that the loving restaurant manager almost gave me heat stroke. Jesus Christ.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I would detail all of that, plus some of his more egregiously serious poo poo, with dates and times, and bring it up to your actual boss to ask why this is still a thing, considering that two actually important people were going to talk to him about stuff. Because like, he's done two incredibly deadly potential things so far that I know of--the CO2 situation and the fan situation. Whose fail nephew is this guy???

Escape From Noise

Randy Travesty posted:

I would detail all of that, plus some of his more egregiously serious poo poo, with dates and times, and bring it up to your actual boss to ask why this is still a thing, considering that two actually important people were going to talk to him about stuff. Because like, he's done two incredibly deadly potential things so far that I know of--the CO2 situation and the fan situation. Whose fail nephew is this guy???

It's really hard to fire people in Japan. But yeah. I'm going to bring it up after this week is over. It's been a hard one and a hot one. Just gotta keg tomorrow though and I'm home free! :toot:

Ass-penny

Escape From Noise posted:

It's really hard to fire people in Japan. But yeah. I'm going to bring it up after this week is over. It's been a hard one and a hot one. Just gotta keg tomorrow though and I'm home free! :toot:

for how long though

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

for how long though

Not much to do until next Wednesday.

Ass-penny

that's an ok break!

me and the other guy in my department heard about a new foot he needs to sculpt and the dressers were coming up asking about it like the same exact day :doh: the worst part is that even if he'd been done sculpting it wouldn't be ready for them; we need to make a mold of it so we can get multiples and then after cleaning the clay out of the plaster we can start casting them. it's just weird we didn't even know this was an needed thing until so shortly before someone needed the part. communication is not their strong suit

Escape From Noise

That's always a huge gripe for me. I don't know know many times I've tried to explain the concept of lead time but they're still like "We need this beer in 4 weeks!" And it's just like... you realize that's like the minimum amount of time for most ales, right? Plus I need to order everything for it and that's like a week out, plus there's the whole scheduling and available tanks thing...or they tell me months in advance they need a beer a beer for some event but until the last minute have several meetings deciding what kind of beer they want, changing their minds, etc. Then they want something with a special ingredient that needs to be acquired from outside our regular suppliers and...

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

no one says parlor. shop or place were what I leaned to.

also please stop taking notes about me lol I don't think you're malicious or anything but I'm also not like, one of your employees or relatives or something, I'm an internet stranger.

Sorry. My fictional dossier started in 2014 as a joke about how I didn't know anything about anyone in BYOB. I guess now that I've been around long enough to remember things, it's not as funny.

Ass-penny

lmao ok it was a joke, that makes sense. I was definitely not sure that was the case

more falafel please

forums poster

*tentatively drags byob_jobs.xslx to recycle bin*

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

cruft

BYOB jobs:

• Chill
  • Hang out with friends
  • Make dumb jokes
  • Laugh at dumb jokes
  • Talk about weed
Dukes Mayo Clinic
you’re all hired

Farecoal

There he go
I can't believe FluffieDuckie embezzled from the BYOB pension fund :(

xcheopis

Farecoal posted:

I can't believe FluffieDuckie embezzled from the BYOB pension fund :(

Well, honestly, whomst amongst us could resist the call of doughnuts after eating a 500mg chocolate bar?

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Areola Grande

got busted for vaping out the front door while watching the front desk. i'm not allowed to leave this small greeting room so when i get the craving i just open the door, and while making sure to keep a leg inside the room, blow some chunky clouds outside. anyways i can't be doing that no mo if i want to keep my weed job :(

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

Areola Grande posted:

got busted for vaping out the front door while watching the front desk. i'm not allowed to leave this small greeting room so when i get the craving i just open the door, and while making sure to keep a leg inside the room, blow some chunky clouds outside. anyways i can't be doing that no mo if i want to keep my weed job :(

That loving sucks :\ they straight up like, chastised and gave you poo poo for it? tch I'm sorry that happened to you today ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

Gaylor Moon posted:

That loving sucks :\ they straight up like, chastised and gave you poo poo for it? tch I'm sorry that happened to you today ugh

at my considerable age, being admonished at work isn't easy but sometimes u just gotta swallow you are pride and obey